Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,987 members, 7,828,486 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 10:30 AM

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 - Travel (232) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 (915328 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (229) (230) (231) (232) (233) (234) (235) ... (612) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by duduade: 8:46am On Sep 06, 2018
Congratulations to everyone who got ITA and PPR

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by iaatmguy(m): 8:53am On Sep 06, 2018
akintunde63:
Please o, i need help with ices! Do they accept notifucation of result?
quote author=iaatmguy post=70709623] reallY? @vifylove you would verify only masters if you are using ICES, but you would verify all if you are using WES. (including FINAL SECONDARY SCHOOL RESULT)
i believe you can
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by stonecoldcafe: 8:58am On Sep 06, 2018
raphrulz:
Dear E-fam,

Please, I need your help on the following questions on filling the application form post ITA.

Thanks all.

God bless.

Hello, dunno if you have this link

(https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/permanent-residence/express-entry/applications-received-on-after-january-1-2016-completeness-check.html)

It will help you as you begin your post ITA submission journey. I actually printed off that document and it was my 2nd bible during my post ITA days.

Now to answer your questions
1. Parents, siblings, step siblings (if any)
2. If it falls within the last 10 years. Yes. Update it
3. Same as above
4. Flowing from what I learnt on this thread, I decided to place it under the employment category. Others placed it under govt/military. I'm not sure if it has any serious/negative impact going with latter but I nor fit shout so I put mine as employment.
5. In my case, I simply stated " UNEMPLOYED" followed by NIL

6 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by Tojued: 9:00am On Sep 06, 2018
raphrulz:
Please, I need your help on the following questions on filling the application form post ITA.
1. Relatives/ immediate family section: Is it for parents/ brothers/ sisters? i am a single applicant and do not have a child. parents/ brothers/ sisters
2. Are we supposed to update secondary education in the educational history? If you feel like but not necessary
3. Are we supposed to list our NYSC in our 10 years work history - are you talking of work experience, or personal history? If you're claiming points for the experience put it under work experience. Otherwise put it in personal history (if it happened within the last ten years)
4. For NYSc: SHould it be classified under "Government/ Military" activity type. - if you want to. otherwise put it as employment
5. For periods of unemployment: what should one include as "name of employer, school, facility etc.) - Not applicable (unemployed)

Rule of thumb: stuff you put under work experience and education, you must upload documentary proof for them. If you put NYSC under work history, you will need to provide reference letter. Stuff under personal history, no documents needed except they specially request later (ADR). To keep it simple, you may want to put only stuff you're claiming points for under work experience / educational history. The full story should be contained in personal history.

15 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by speak2inspire(f): 9:04am On Sep 06, 2018
Demi007:
Hello,

Im not an expert. But from what the experts have advised which can also be found on page 1, since you’re the Primary Applicant, why not go back on your form amd click NO in work experience for your husband.

Then in the current form (Post ITA) Move your husbands work history to personal history and list all the jobs he has done there, including this bank.

But to be further convinced. Please visit page one of this thread. Keep scrolling till you see this issue. It has been answered there

Thank you for your prompt response. I really appreciate it.

Please I was told that proof will still be asked for all work experiences stated under personal history. That's why we are still apprehensive. Pls has anyone gotten PPR who put work experience for spouse under personal history? Was proof of the work requested?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by Nobody: 9:09am On Sep 06, 2018
akintunde63:

*I need help using ICES, will they accept NOTIFICATION OF RESULT IF THE CERTIFICATE HAS NOT BEEN ISSUED?
2.'Can payment be made with ordinary ATM ( debit) cards, because they said only credit card is accepted?
Thanks

Ices accept notification of result but it must be sent from the school, tell your school to send one.
Payment can be made via the ATM debit card, I used a Gtbank debit card for my spouse payment.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by mimimum: 9:10am On Sep 06, 2018
Bolded is not true. Stop worrying. A good number of PAs here with their COPRs did not provide work reference for their spouses. Me inclusive. Just put his work experience under personal history and you won't need to provide reference letter. It is quite rare for people to be asked for their spouse's work reference. It has happened before, but uncommon. In those cases, it might be that a huge chunk of their POF came from the spouse who is not the PA. My guess though. Stop worrying like I said.
speak2inspire:

Thank you for your prompt response. I really appreciate it.

Please I was told that proof will still be asked for all work experiences stated under personal history. That's why we are still apprehensive. Pls has anyone gotten PPR who put work experience for spouse under personal history? Was proof of the work requested?

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by smslive2: 9:14am On Sep 06, 2018
Congratulations
masrapido:

IT'S PPR!!!!!
ITA - March 26
AOR - June 13
MEP/IP1 - June 27
IP2/ADR for spouse's Schedule A - August 3
1st Ghost update - August 15
2nd Ghost update - September 4
PPR - September 5
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by Favoured2505: 9:30am On Sep 06, 2018
I smiled widely reading your post. I am truly happy for you. Congratulations!!!
masrapido:
You guys were right!!! You were so right!!!

IT'S PPR!!!!!

I can't believe it. I have been screaming round my house since I saw the mail. After all the BP spikes and chest pain, here we are. Thanks to everyone who calmed me down yesterday. Please find my timeline below.

ITA - March 26
AOR - June 13
MEP/IP1 - June 27
PPR - September 5

I got ITA two weeks before my birthday at a CRS score of 451. Cut-off for that draw was 446, exactly 5 points below my score.

Cheers. ~dances out with serious Niger Delta waist shaking~
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by Nobody: 9:31am On Sep 06, 2018
Good morning all.

i would really appreciate your response.

like i said

1. i understand from previous discussions that i can use the NOC 4214 without an education degree.
2. I have 2 years experience in NOC 4413 (elementary teachers assistant) which is skill level c thus ineligible for the express entry purpose
3. I have 1 year experience in NOC 4214 (early years teachers and assistants)
4. My question is can I use NOC 4214 in place of 4413 since they are similar.In my opinion, I think so, however it would be good to hear from more experienced people. I don't believe this question has been discussed previously as I have searched, however if it has it would be nice to have someone indicate that its previously been treated, then i can search again.

Thank you

Than
laghopeful2018:
Congratulations to all those who received their ITA today.

I would appreciate it if you all could please give me your advice:

I have a masters in oil and gas management but have been teaching for about 3 years. The exact NOC that fits this experience is 4413...elementary and secondary teaching assistants. After about 2 years in this position, I became an early years teacher (although for the purpose of the application I will use early years teaching assistant seeing that the early years teacher would require an education degree) - NOC 4214. I have held this position for about 1 year. As NOC 4413 is in category C, I am unable to apply with this... I wonder if its ok to use 4214 even though I have less experience with that NOC. Please note I have no formal teaching qualifications.

Thanks a lot.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by conebeam: 9:35am On Sep 06, 2018
masrapido:
IT'S PPR!!!!!

ITA - March 26
AOR - June 13

PPR - September 5
Cheers. ~dances out

I dance with you to the glory of God. Congratulations!!!
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by teeteelardey(f): 9:47am On Sep 06, 2018
Congratulations
masrapido:

IT'S PPR!!!!!

I can't believe it. I have been screaming round my house since I saw the mail. After all the BP spikes and chest pain, here we are. Thanks to everyone who calmed me down yesterday. Please find my timeline below.

ITA - March 26
AOR - June 13
MEP/IP1 - June 27
PPR - September 5

My journey started in 2016 when I decided to apply for EE using an agent. Wrote IELTS in September 2016, got my ECA and dived in. I had to reject the first ITA because I found out that my agent had made some 'modifications' to my work history, and wanted me to get my former employers to tweak things to that effect. The second ITA timed out due to POF issues. After that, I lost interest and decided to continue with my academics instead. By December 2017, my brother became a PR and I realized that I could get back the points I had lost due to having a birthday. Add to that the prospect of a wasted IELTS, I decided to give EE another go. And the rest, as they say, is history. I got ITA two weeks before my birthday at a CRS score of 451. Cut-off for that draw was 446, exactly 5 points below my score.

POF was my (accompanying) spouse's employee savings, the letter was not in any particular format but stated the current balance and how long he had been saving. I included his work history in the application since I knew our POF was somewhat tied to his job, so we had to get letters from his supervisors as well.

It's been a long and challenging journey - for all of us - but I know that our rest is near. To my fellow June AORs, thanks for the encouragement, you all are next in line.

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by eljaye(f): 9:55am On Sep 06, 2018
masrapido:

IT'S PPR!!!!!

ITA - March 26
AOR - June 13
MEP/IP1 - June 27
PPR - September 5

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by JulyGirl: 10:05am On Sep 06, 2018
Congratulations to all those who received their ITA....Please can anyone help respond to this?

JulyGirl:
Hello everyone, I'm new here and I've tried to go over the previous threads. But please I urgently need to know if WES evaluates ICAN or AAT membership certificates. Thank you.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by raphrulz: 10:10am On Sep 06, 2018
Thanks
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by Nobody: 10:10am On Sep 06, 2018
Wow! Wow!! Wow!!! I just have to sound like an ambulance right now.

Right now, I'm stepping out of this Danfo to dance #InMyFeelingsChallenge to celebrate you.

Just yesterday, you mentioned the ghost update on your account and checked in with us, your fellow June AoRs. June 13, my exact AOR date. I tap into this testimony. Congrats sis!

N.B: Tippex, where are you? smiley smiley

masrapido:

IT'S PPR!!!!!

AOR - June 13
PPR - September 5

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by amohd18: 10:10am On Sep 06, 2018
Hummmmm, i doubt ooooo it will hardly come down again this year, only a miracle.......... but your second point is very key...... guys learn french, get other degrees, boost your IELTS and if available reconnect to your Canadian relations. Keep faith alive!!

woaini:
Congratulations to all ITA choppers.

Fingers crossed, I feel this 440 mark would come down soon even as we do what we can (legitimately) to go above that mark.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by Bimsebony: 10:15am On Sep 06, 2018
masrapido:

IT'S PPR!!!!!

Congratulations!!!

God has opened the floodgates on your behalf. Go and prosper.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by speak2inspire(f): 10:18am On Sep 06, 2018
mimimum:
Bolded is not true. Stop worrying. A good number of PAs here with their COPRs did not provide work reference for their spouses. Me inclusive. Just put his work experience under personal history and you won't need to provide reference letter. It is quite rare for people to be asked for their spouse's work reference. It has happened before, but uncommon. In those cases, it might be that a huge chunk of their POF came from the spouse who is not the PA. My guess though. Stop worrying like I said.

Thanks once again. I guess we will continue with the application then, do as you say and keep our fingers crossed while leaving the rest to God.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by jholarharde(f): 10:25am On Sep 06, 2018
@masrapido a huge congratulations to you. go and do some delta dancing for the Canadians grin
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by luffyhaki: 10:26am On Sep 06, 2018
jholarharde:
@masrapido a huge congratulations to you. your nine months processing period had me wondering how you coped. go and flourish and dance your delta dance for Canadianscheesy. God's gat you

Aor na June 13
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by Nobody: 10:29am On Sep 06, 2018
The 9 months processing time is someone else.

jholarharde:
@masrapido a huge congratulations to you. your nine months processing period had me wondering how you coped. go and flourish and dance your delta dance for Canadianscheesy. God's gat you
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by Maraeme: 10:42am On Sep 06, 2018
Someone should just help me thank Newmum. She’s too selfless abeg. Thank you so much .��‍♀️��‍♀️��‍♀️��‍♀️��‍♀️��‍♀️��‍♀️

13 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by Kmgb: 10:46am On Sep 06, 2018
jholarharde:

finally congratulations

Yes oh,thanks sis

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by Kmgb: 10:47am On Sep 06, 2018
Oakville19:

Congratulations kmgb, I am here grinning from ear to ear, wishing you a speedy processing.

Awww thank you thank you
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by Kmgb: 10:48am On Sep 06, 2018
TEECANN:
A big congratulations to @Kmgb and all the ITA clinchers today. Speedy processing I pray for you.

The prologue has ended, now let the main plot unfold into success. grin grin

For those still having one issue or the other preventing you from getting the ITA so preciously desired, stay on it, stay strong and focused, it will give, sooner than you expected!

It will all end in praise IJN!

Oga TEECANN amen and thank you sir
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by Kmgb: 10:49am On Sep 06, 2018
veleta:
@Kmgb,congrats dear.God's speed for your application and everyone else

Amen,thanks so much
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by Kmgb: 10:49am On Sep 06, 2018
Hephgirl:

Congratulations dear

Thanks babe!
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by stevo2016: 10:50am On Sep 06, 2018
Thanks guys, someone said it doesn't matter since I will be able to upload her ECA number and result at the end of the day. I chose 'Yes' under her educational history because ECA is due for completion by 21st of September. Is this still equivalent to misrepresentation, and besides with her ECA, our score would increase from 451 to 459.Thanks.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by Afro24: 11:02am On Sep 06, 2018
Hello,

I have responded.

Nancyeliot:

Hi,

Please I sent you a PM. Kindly respond. God bless you.

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by smslive2: 11:03am On Sep 06, 2018
DO NOT include ECA that wasnt completed before ITA. Its MISREPRESENTATION!
Why do you want to do that when your crs is 451 and draw is 440?

stevo2016:
Thanks guys, someone said it doesn't matter since I will be able to upload her ECA number and result at the end of the day. I chose 'Yes' under her educational history because ECA is due for completion by 21st of September. Is this still equivalent to misrepresentation, and besides with her ECA, our score would increase from 451 to 459.Thanks.

12 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by Kmgb: 11:03am On Sep 06, 2018
masrapido:

IT'S PPR!!!!!

in line.

Oh my!!! Many congratulations to you

(1) (2) (3) ... (229) (230) (231) (232) (233) (234) (235) ... (612)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 / DV 2013 Winners Meet Here

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.