Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,781 members, 7,820,727 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 08:21 PM

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 - Travel (26) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 (911791 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) ... (612) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by joo2018: 8:20am On Aug 08, 2018
Congrats in advance to Dotcman, ADEBOSUN and other people expecting ITA today.

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by Chicituababe: 8:21am On Aug 08, 2018
Thanks alot @veritas3. Yeah its after AOR. Please can one withdraw application n reapply for ITA without issues arrising?
quote author=veritas3 post=70078952]

I want to assume this is after AOR. If that's the case, check this link
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=741&top=23

If it's express entry profile then check this http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=1076&top=29[/quote]
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by Newmum0615: 8:24am On Aug 08, 2018
Dunno if it makes any difference sha. I didn't want stories that touch, so I just added it.
agates:

Ewoo I did not submit that IMM008 form oo.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by smslive2: 8:43am On Aug 08, 2018
Tips for Reference Letters
Reference Letter is a very important document in your application package. It plays important role in evaluating your personality and your technical skills.
I would request you to always check the below points while preparing the letter
· Your reference letter should be on letterhead of your organization.
· Reference letter should always have a valid date on it
· Should carry full name of the employee
· Should carry full name of the signing executive;
· Should carry the designation of the signing executive;
. Should carry annual/monthly gross salary.
· Should carry dates of related experience (from when to when);
· Should confirm that the employee is working full time; if you could add the number of hours per week then that would be really helpful.
· Should confirm the designation held by the signing executive while being in the employment of the company;
· Should confirm the duties and responsibilities performed by the employee
· Should carry the contact details (phone number and email ID of the signing executive.

59 Likes 28 Shares

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by ans123: 8:45am On Aug 08, 2018
Having 8777 in LSRW as a single applicant with a Bsc, 3years work experience, less than 30years will not get you anywhere near 440, which seem to be the minimum threshold except you have points from siblings or other sources.

A score of 8888 and above will nudge you a little above 440

While waiting, u can get married and get your spouse to contribute points thru his/her IELTS and ECA. You may also consider going for post graduate- MBA, MSC,PGD or professional cert like CIPM, ICAN ATS, ACCA. Thes additional certs will guarantee you points in the region of 460 and above

quote author=kreamtito1 post=70085134]
You have a very good chance. Start Wes and IELTS. Try to scor w7r7s7L8 and also wait and complete your work experience to 3 yrs and then apply. You will get a point from you family member in canada. But your 2.1 doesn't account.
Thanks [/quote]

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by Nobody: 8:52am On Aug 08, 2018
Spygadgets19:
After getting my PPR, na to join Canada armed forces sure pass
After 5 years u apply for citizenship and apply for Canadian armed forces.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by ayusco85(m): 8:53am On Aug 08, 2018
kreamtito1:

You have a very good chance. Start Wes and IELTS. Try to scor w7r7s7L8 and also wait and complete your work experience to 3 yrs and then apply. You will get a point from you family member in canada. But your 2.1 doesn't account.
Thanks

Thanks brother. I got alot of answers. Am currently trying to start ECA with IQAS
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by adeptonlin(m): 8:54am On Aug 08, 2018
Hello house, anyone with a genuine contact for Laspotech verification from WES?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by AdaZion2018: 8:57am On Aug 08, 2018
Fyorgyn:

Hi O2

Thanks so much for your very informative posts... they really are a breath of fresh air grin

However, please also try to include your source(s) as pasting this information (word for word) here is actually plagiarism.

As we dey go Canada let's start getting used to doing things properly.

Thanks so much

Plagiarism? cheesy

Sharing information now is plagiarism When some people have obviously refused to read for themselves or even research and someone selflessly does that for them it's now plagiarism? Is this intellectual property thread abi visa? What we do here is share information and experiences. We are not manufacturing our own process hence nothing here is original new.
Add source of info... I agree but plagiarism (how many times have I typed this word sef.... I tire)

Good morning

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by ayusco85(m): 8:59am On Aug 08, 2018
ans123:
Having 8777 in LSRW as a single applicant with a Bsc, 3years work experience, less than 30years will not get you anywhere near 440, which seem to be the minimum threshold except you have points from siblings or other sources.

A score of 8888 and above will nudge you a little above 440

While waiting, u can get married and get your spouse to contribute points thru his/her IELTS and ECA. You may also consider going for post graduate- MBA, MSC,PGD or professional cert like CIPM, ICAN ATS, ACCA. Thes additional certs will guarantee you points in the region of 460 and above

quote author=kreamtito1 post=70085134]
Thanks

I studied geology and mining, and am working in a bank as a customer service executive.. What professional course do u think I can run to increase my points.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by VFUSION: 9:15am On Aug 08, 2018
dbaba83:
Good evening house,
my son is an American citizen , please house which of his passport will i submit for our copr, his Nigeria passport or usa passport
thanks

I think his Nigerian passport
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by VFUSION: 9:18am On Aug 08, 2018
neni83:
Morning All...Pls has any one ever experienced a delay in when WES said evaluation will b ready?
A friends WES was to b ready 7/8/2018(dats d date WES put)...till now it has not dropped...cos they need it so they can enter pool immediately

It happens.He or she can call to find out the cause of the delay.They are quite informative wen u call dem...Ie WES
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by ans123: 9:21am On Aug 08, 2018
You may try CIPM, though no relationship but it is closest for career switch. Takes about 18 to 24 months .Good luck

ayusco85:

I studied geology and mining, and am working in a bank as a customer service executive.. What professional course do u think I can run to increase my points.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by Bella002: 9:26am On Aug 08, 2018
Please anybody with Ambrose Alli University contact for transcript kindly share with me. Thank you.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by happytbaby: 9:29am On Aug 08, 2018
You are welcome. I am a sister sir.

Foreverhopeful:
[Thanks brother! You are far too kind... God bless

quote author=happytbaby post=70028314]Kindly modify your post and remove her name and number. Hopefully, the intended recipient would have seen it by then, else do PM.

I am assuming you do not have her permission to post her details on a public forum.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by LaDuchesse: 9:33am On Aug 08, 2018
smslive2:
Tips for Reference Letters

On reference letters. I worked as a contract staff in company B on secondment from company A. The reference letter i got was from company A stating that i was their staff with no mention of company B. My employment letter however states that i was employed to be on secondment to company B. Is the refence letter okay or do i need to contact company A to include it( I dont know if thy would re-issue). My concerns are:

1. If I have an ADR for employment letters, would this be termed as a misrepresentation?

2. On linkedin i have no single connection from company A staff, but i have a couple from company B. Could this raise a flag.

Anyone with similar experience or advice is welcome. Thanks

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by balogunsam(m): 9:52am On Aug 08, 2018
Newmum0615:
If you got in around 9.10am, then maybe our paths crossed. cheesy
If you saw any beautiful and well dressed lady with very long legs and fair skin, looking like a diva, that was me. [s]Nobody should say anything o. I have cold & catarrh. I cannot respond[/s].

grin grin grin i did not look that hard o but that description you just posted could not have been missed, so you may have left as i was entering through the gate.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by Newmum0615: 9:54am On Aug 08, 2018
Your fears are not unfounded.
If you can convince Company A to include this information in the letter, it will be much better. If they don't agree, ensure you write an LOE to explain it, so that they don't start wondering why you have different employers showing on your letter and Linkedin profile if they get down to checking you out. You can also get a letter from company B. It's better that way. It happens all the time. Don't sweat it.
LaDuchesse:

On reference letters. I worked as a contract staff in company B on secondment from company A. The reference letter i got was from company A stating that i was their staff with no mention of company B. My employment letter however states that i was employed to be on secondment to company B. Is the refence letter okay or do i need to contact company A to include it( I dont know if thy would re-issue). My concerns are:

1. If I have an ADR for employment letters, would this be termed as a misrepresentation?

2. On linkedin i have no single connection from company A staff, but i have a couple from company B. Could this raise a flag.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by wenks(m): 9:56am On Aug 08, 2018
Yeap I am in a similar situation. However I got a letter of intro from my company A stating i was on secondment to company B and that my supervisor in company B would issue my reference letter. So my supervisor in company B issues me a ref letter in plain A4 paper as company B do not issue Letter heads to contractors. So instead i got a letter of introduction from company B introducing my supervisor as a staff of company B hence the validity of the reference. I added payslips from company A (since they manage my salaries) and then my ID card from company B which has contractor designation on it. In the end just make sure it is easily understood. They are aware of processes like this.
LaDuchesse:

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by Newmum0615: 9:57am On Aug 08, 2018
But you don't have 4 years experience naa. Or is it me that is not calculating well? You can't claim 4 years. As of today, your experience is 3 months pere.

Take out the name of your organization from your post.

vocalprince:
Thanks O2, BishopHNO, DonTee07 and others for taking out time to look into my Mata.
I filled in for four years experience with 15-19k and I got a reference number.
Now my question is, I have the following,
1) NYSC In a Hospital 1 year
2) Sales representative for xxxx (A multinational Pharmaceutical Company), 2 years and a month now.
Should I go ahead and claim the four years?

Please somebody help me. so I just use the reference number to enter ASAP.

thanks.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by happytbaby: 9:59am On Aug 08, 2018
Did I just see Hephgirl! Where have you been?

Hephgirl:
buhahahahhah I've quotted u..

I'm in my house comman beat me
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by Enny19856: 9:59am On Aug 08, 2018
Thank you @Bimsebony i have a CIPM certification but through the practitioners route, i came across a PGD program from one university in Dubai, Westford University College and their PGD is certified by CIQ.

https://mywestford.com/pg-post-graduate-diploma-strategic-human-resource-hr-management-online-dubai-abu-dhabi-uae-riyadh-jeddah-saudi-arabia-ksa/

not sure about it cause it looks too good to be true. Oh well

Bimsebony:

CIPM is a good course but it may take some time to complete. This is dependent on the qualification you have.

Between 1.5 to 2 years.

You can also check with Open University. Though I don't think they are accepting Applications at the moment.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by tolxitility: 10:03am On Aug 08, 2018
balogunsam:

What stage of ibadan transcript do you need done? If its to apply for the transcript, i cannot help but if its WES confirmation i can link you up to someone

Thanks for your prompt response,.

Transcript is for MSc. Please link me with everyone that can help my destiny in this journey.

Thanks
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by ayusco85(m): 10:12am On Aug 08, 2018
ans123:
You may try CIPM, though no relationship but it is closest for career switch. Takes about 18 to 24 months .Good luck

Duration is too long.. With a spouse I can earn up to 460. I will just go with what I ve
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by Hephgirl: 10:15am On Aug 08, 2018
Just thinking aloud... What of those that didn't write waec?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by Hephgirl: 10:16am On Aug 08, 2018
happytbaby:
Did I just see Hephgirl! Where have you been?

yes yes.... Hibernating lol
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by Nobody: 10:17am On Aug 08, 2018
vocalprince:
Thanks O2, BishopHNO, DonTee07 and others for taking out time to look into my Mata.
I filled in for four years experience with 15-19k and I got a reference number.
Now my question is, I have the following,
1) NYSC In a Hospital 1 year
2) Sales representative for Novartis (A multinational Pharmaceutical Company), 2 years and a month now.
Should I go ahead and claim the four years?

Please somebody help me. so I just use the reference number to enter ASAP.

thanks.

Nne, why do you want to complicate issues for yourself? From your post, you have only 3years, which is good to go with.why do you want to claim 4 years? Where will you manufacture the extra year from?
Jejely claim the 3years to avoid stories that touch. All the best.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by Hephgirl: 10:18am On Aug 08, 2018
olabellruk:
Ah ah, where av u been all this whole na. Missed you and your chest o. Welcome back

u miss my chest... Haaaa....
Oya come let's hug... Be careful u can suffocate.. The chest plenty gaan
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by Hephgirl: 10:18am On Aug 08, 2018
GlitteringStar:

Yayyy!!!!!! Welcome back sis. Good to have you back. wink smiley
Thanks darling...

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by Hephgirl: 10:19am On Aug 08, 2018
Pikipiki:
OMG welcome back Hephgirl!!! Good to know you are fine. You have been missed on this thread grin
okay now I feel special
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by Dotcman: 10:23am On Aug 08, 2018
Hephgirl:
okay now I feel special

You are too special sef

(1) (2) (3) ... (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) ... (612)

Travelling To Canada Part 11 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.