Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,194 members, 7,822,029 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 02:30 AM

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 - Travel (337) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 (912129 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (334) (335) (336) (337) (338) (339) (340) ... (612) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by Expectantbee: 11:57am On Sep 28, 2018
Issa PPR ooo...finally! Praise be to God!see ehn I don’t even know how to start but I will try and be as detailed as I can now..timeline first before Long story

IELTS: sept 2017 LWRS..9,8.5,8,9
Eca: 18 May
ITA: 23 May
Aor: 4 June
IP1/MEP: 15 June
IP2: 25 sept( not to sure cos I stopped checking my account daily)
PPR: 27 sept (email came 28 September 4:13 am)

Please permit to come back later with full details maybe it will benefit one or two persons just as I’ve benefited immensely.
I’ll be back in a few hours stay tuned!

83 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by murainam: 12:02pm On Sep 28, 2018
Yes. I applied this week, and I saw like 10 or so other names on the list applying for same to be sent to Wes. Total cost is N18500 - N1000 for confirmation of result and N17500 for the transcript and courier.

To avoid waste of time, make the 1k confirmation of result via remita before you go there.

Visit www.remita.net On the page, click on "Pay FGN and State TSA. A dropdown pops up, click on Federal Government of Nigeria. On the next page, fill the below.

i Name of MDA: Type National Examination Council (while typing National Examin... the name will come up itself)
ii Name of Service/Purpose: pick Refund in the drop-down.
iii Description: Type Confirmation of result
iv Amount: 1000
v GIFMIS code: you can skip this as the field isn't compulsory
vi Payer's Full name: type your name as it appears on your certificate/statement of result
vi Payers Email: Please ensure you use a valid email address as you will need this to generate your Remita receipt.
vi Payers Phone: fill as you wish.
Complete the captcha and proceed to payment.

You can choose to pay with your card/bank's internet banking or take the generated RRR code and pay at any bank branch. Please save the RRR code.

If you pay with your card/bank's Internet banking, check your email for your remita receipt (not the same as your bank receipt... the remita receipt is generated and sent by Remita to your email) . In case you do not get the receipt in your email, go back to www.remita.net and click on Resend Receipt or Invoice, enter your RRR code and you should get the receipt in your mailbox.

You can skip the entire steps above by going to any bank branch and make the payment via Remita.

Take one copy of your Remita payment receipt, three copies of your certificate/statement of result and three copies of completed Academic Records Request form from Wes. If you are in Lagos, visit NECO office at 20(?), Coker Road, Ilupeju.

They will issue you a neco receipt of 1k, you then complete a form and submit with the other documents.

That's pretty much it.

I was told the forms will be sent to Neco head office in Minna for processing... this could take between 2 to 3 weeks to get to WES. [/quote]

15 Likes 15 Shares

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by Nobody: 12:03pm On Sep 28, 2018
Yay! Congrats Expectantbee. Your being expectant has finally paid off. Congrats again.

Expectantbee:
Issa PPR ooo...finally! Praise be to God!see ehn I don’t even know how to start but I will try and be as detailed as I can now..timeline first before Long story

Please permit to come back later with full details maybe it will benefit one or two persons just as I’ve benefited immensely.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by smslive2: 12:04pm On Sep 28, 2018
Congrats @Expectantbee
Expectantbee:

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by Deniceone: 12:07pm On Sep 28, 2018
Expectantbee:

PPR: 27 sept (email came 28 September 4:13am!
Congratulations! The Lords name be praised.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by jhoci: 12:09pm On Sep 28, 2018
Congratulations! That MAP is not a small something. At a point I asked myself, "who send you?" But it's all for the best. Congrats again.

doppler06:
Thank you Nairaland for all your assistance kiss kiss. The journey that started from Part 3 of this thread has been concluded in Part 5

IELTS: 3 Mar 18 LRSW 9988
WES: 17 Apr 18 Masters
CRS: 481
ITA: 25 Apr 18
AOR: 29 May 18
MEP: 8 Jun 18
IP1: Same day as MEP
IP2: 20 Sept 18
PPR: 25 Sept 18 (mail came in 1:34am Sept 26)
AOR to PPR: 117 days (approx. 4 months)
Passport transmitted: 26 Sept 18

Visa office: Ottawa. Single applicant
(
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by Tojued: 12:15pm On Sep 28, 2018
doppler06:
Thank you Nairaland for all your assistance kiss kiss. The journey that started from Part 3 of this thread has been concluded in Part 5

Immediately I saw the PPR mail on 26th morning, I just called in sick at work. It was raining that day but submit passport I must…... Went back to the same work I called in sick to (but stayed on a different floor) and printed and filled all I needed to fill and made all the copies I needed to make.

On to the next phase…….. btw, who else is completely overwhelmed by the amount of info from that MAP document + the many FPPs that are reaching out. This 24 hours in a day is not long enough.

I wish everybody success in every phase they are at…..….. All the best

Congratulations! at the emboldened, dud you're just a mafioso someborri.

Just respond to all the FPPS already. SOme are flukes, they request response but won't read you're response, they'll just send pre typed answer. Some are real.... do and start the courses with those ones, prioritise those courses with fixed schedules/time limits.

All the best to you too!!!

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by Tojued: 12:17pm On Sep 28, 2018
Expectantbee:

Congratulations! Eagerly awaiting the full gist! Like was suggested today, please make it as long as possible grin

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by opella(f): 12:17pm On Sep 28, 2018
Congratulations doppler06 and Expectantbee. May Canada favour you two.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by Enitan007(m): 12:19pm On Sep 28, 2018
Congratulations
Expectantbee:

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by Yakay: 12:27pm On Sep 28, 2018
DawnM024:
Hello House,

Silent follower - something i read here made me wonder if i may have misrepresented myself. I was refused visa to Uk some odd 6yrs ago on grounds of insufficient travel funds and asked to submit with sufficient(no refusal stamp). I did that immediately and got Visa 3wks later. I have gone on to obtain 3 additional visas including an active 2 year visa plus 2 other 2year US visa. This was my first attempt at outside ECOWAS travel.

My question is - is there a way to mention this now, though i have no indication on passport and i cant find any email or letter concerning the incidence.

Biometrics done plus MEP and background check says ongoing.

It never occurrred till i read it here yesterday. Please help i am in panic mode.

Thanks alot.

Did they return your passport with the refusal letter?

Did u have to pay another visa fee the second time?

If u answer yes to any of these questions then that was a refusal and it is in their record.
They only gave u option to reapply immediately which u did.

I'd advise u raise a CSE and mention it and explain it same way u just did here.

This issue of not mentioning visa denial is the latest rejection reason which leads to banning people.

MY 2 cents tho

5 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by Pegzzyg(f): 12:29pm On Sep 28, 2018
Congrats............. Tapping into your blessing for next year o
doppler06:

No ADRs, 1 US Visa refusal, and I didn’t complete the Schedule A (it was just too much work then... thank God they didn’t want it)

Immediately I saw the PPR mail on 26th morning, I just called in sick at work. It was raining that day but submit passport I must…... Went back to the same work I called in sick to (but stayed on a different floor) and printed and filled all I needed to fill and made all the copies I needed to make.
I had filled the IMM0008 and IMM5406 Additional Family forms because I didn’t have power to shout. The form is not that hard to fill esp if you are single with no dependents.

I then headed down to Studio 24 with my ruler and copy of photo specifications to measure the picture I’ll take. The lady there laughed at my ruler but she still helped me measure it. She stamped and signed and dated, but requirement said put full address also… I told madam to biko put full address. By the time she finished, there was no space to put my name and DOB but I squeezed it in there.

The rain helped because when I got to VFS Canada floor around 11am, it was empty. Just a handful of people. Everything was done on the 1st floor (collect PPT paper from security, wait, submit documents to the guy at till 1 when called, he will package inside envelope and you go and pay at till 5 or so, then hand over to the person at till 8 or 9 and shikena). Spent just 15mins for everything that day…… it was that empty

I had posted my appreciation post in the part 3 of this thread. That was when I discovered the thread and realized I was wasting time and money chasing my bsc transcript (I had already paid 45k, it was sent and wes said it was incomplete and had to be resent. The school was now telling me to pay again…. TF). Nd the msc was already accepted oh… Nobody told me to tell wes to delete the bsc

I just went to the first page of part 3, got a jotter and went to work and the rest is history.

All in all, my application was fairly straightforward. Decision to travel to PPR = 9 months. I really didn’t encounter any delays (asides my bsc matter) getting any of the documents and I thank God for that. Single NOC, Work ref was how CIC wanted it + payslips, POF was money in 2 mutual fund accounts (GCMS said they did not include my pension) + my salary and personal account, Medicals at QLife, PCC – ASP Mosh + UK PCC which I sent to a friend to scan down.

I kept it simple and had only 2 LOEs (1 was under the additional document place where I explained the visa refusal and the 2nd was where I aggregated my POFs in a summary table and showed CAD equivalent and exchange rate).

Thanks to this page and all those that responded the few times I had questions – I remember when 1 of the statutory questions was confusing me and Nairaland came to my rescue. Muchos Gracias

On to the next phase…….. btw, who else is completely overwhelmed by the amount of info from that MAP document + the many FPPs that are reaching out. This 24 hours in a day is not long enough.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by Fiona111: 12:29pm On Sep 28, 2018
Expectantbee:

Congratulations

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by Pegzzyg(f): 12:30pm On Sep 28, 2018
Congrats.......... I just love seeing this kinda announcement, tapping into your Blessing for next year o
Expectantbee:

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by DawnM024: 12:31pm On Sep 28, 2018
I dont remember alot of the details but better to be sorry.

Thanks alot
Yakay:

Did they return your passport with the refusal letter?

Did u have to pay another visa fee the second time?

If u answer yes to any of these questions then that was a refusal and it is in their record.
They only gave u option to reapply immediately which u did.

I'd advise u raise a CSE and mention it and explain it same way u just did here.

This issue of not mentioning visa denial is the latest rejection reason which leads to banning people.

MY 2 cents tho
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by Nobody: 12:38pm On Sep 28, 2018
Thanks Estac for your detailed response. I just used the CRS calculator and it is 431 but will be 470 if I choose the Master's degree option. I am even confused oh. What do I pick in the highest level of completed education? is it ''three years or more post- secondary sch credential'? or what? Thank you '
Estac:
There has been a longstanding debate about WES vs IQAS for evaluation of LLB. Unlike IQAS, WES usually does not use the phrase "first professional degree" in its LLB ECA. Some have said that because of this absence, one cannot claim point for professional degree. But in your case, you still have the age advantage. So use the CRS to calculate your score using BSC for both you and ur hubby . If it puts you above 440, then you can select masters/professional degree when creating your profile. Worst case scenario is if, post ITA, the visa officer considers that your ECA is only a bachelors degree and recalculates your score on that basis, you will still be above the cut-off for your draw and your application will not be refused. But if with bachelors degree you are not above 440. Please use the tested and trusted IQAS.

I hope someone helps to put this debate to rest soon. I know a couple who like you are both lawyers and are using WES but they are yet to submit their application. The plan is to select points for professional degree at the time of submission and then request for GCMS after submission to see how the visa officer will regard the ECA. Mind you, these people also have sibling factor to boost their CRS so even if their LLB is regarded as BSc, their CRS will still be about 450. Hopefully, this will help solve the debate.

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by Expectantbee: 12:40pm On Sep 28, 2018
Expectantbee:

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by Nobody: 12:43pm On Sep 28, 2018
Goose bumps everywhere! Cogratulatons Expectantbee. So thankful that your expectations came through. My miracle is coming soon too! Father, I DEPEND ON YOU.
Expectantbee:

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by favouritedami: 12:45pm On Sep 28, 2018
akohwo:

There is nothing you are doing wrong. Either you retake ielts and move your writing to 7.5 or he re takes ielts and aim for 8777. When you are married some points are lost and they are added back if ur hubby takes ielts and has done his wes. However the amount of points added back depends on his highest qualification and wes result compared to yours.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by bronze25(f): 12:53pm On Sep 28, 2018
Congratulations
doppler06:

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by tunyuz(m): 12:56pm On Sep 28, 2018
hello! everyone. pls i av gone tru all d previous n present posts. Hwever, somtins re nt cleared to me.my questions:1. hw do i get pnp? is it after aplying to EE or b4? because i realized its a point booster 4 CRS. 2. Which ECE is better? i av a bsc economics education. 3. about d payslip submission in later time. im teaching in a school nd d pay is nt dat attractive bt i av more than sufficient fund in my account due to property sold. will this pose any probs latr? i mean my unattractive salary. Thanx in advance.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by bronze25(f): 12:59pm On Sep 28, 2018
Congratulations Expectantbee. We're waiting patiently for the full story
Expectantbee:

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by beges: 12:59pm On Sep 28, 2018
Zeiya:
Done with biometrics this morning. It was pretty easy for me even without appointment
Thanks for sharing.please I would like to know if I can schedule my biometrics date or wait for them to give me a date.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by Expectantbee: 1:01pm On Sep 28, 2018
So I’m back with the full gist!
I evaluated my MSc since December o. I was a complete jjc then and had no ide about this platform so I was busy waiting for BSc. Of course NASU strike had to happen and verification was another long story. Maybe if I had known that I could evaluate only MSc I for dey cannyland by now grin.. oh well, all things work together for good! Eventually got the ECA in May, entered the pool the same day.

Post-ITA. I did 2 LOEs. One for education, I just briefly explained that even though I graduated in 2012 my certificate bears 2014 because that’s when it was issued. The 2nd LOE was for pof, just explained that my bank could not give me letter in cic format so I uploaded 6months statements plus reference letter. I even did conversion for them from pounds and naira to CAD. I attached screenshots of the conversion rate for that day. Pof was Dom and current Account from the same bank. For employment, I only used reference letter in cic format, nothing else.I think my application wasn’t so dramatic. Personally, I don’t think the LOEs were necessary, but who knows? Plus it’s better to err on the side of caution right?
My anxiety was on a different level o. I ordered GCMS notes July 27, got it August 28...everything seemed okay!No red flags. I even Called after that, still nothing had changed. That’s when I just decided to chill Abeg. I cannot comman kill myself biko.
Behold! September 26?i was going through the June AOR forum on Canadavisa and noticed a few first week June applicants saying they moved to IP2 so I decided to check too. And there it was! the much awaited IP2. It felt like mini PPR to me cos I knew that my PPR was close.
That’s about as dramatic as my application was!
PS: I honestly have no tips for IELTS. I only used the practice materials that BC made available after I registered..I was to busy with school and work to practice. I wrote in the U.K. so I don’t know if this had anything to do with anything.

May God grant you all speedy PPRs. Thank to all the constant contributors. God bless you all!

I forgot to add that my VO is Ottawa

51 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by Expectantbee: 1:02pm On Sep 28, 2018
dumprep:
Yay! Congrats Expectantbee. Your being expectant has finally paid off. Congrats again.

Thank you. Indeed! My expectations weren’t cut short!
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by Expectantbee: 1:05pm On Sep 28, 2018
Tojued:

Congratulations! Eagerly awaiting the full gist! Like was suggested today, please make it as long as possible grin

Thank you! I tried true. I’m more of a talking story teller than writing. To type dey tire me grin
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by Expectantbee: 1:06pm On Sep 28, 2018
Expectantbee:
So I’m back with the full gist!
I evaluated my MSc since December o. I was a complete jjc then and had no ide about this platform so I was busy waiting for BSc. Of course NASU strike had to happen and verification was another long story. Maybe if I had known that I could evaluate only MSc I for dey cannyland by now grin.. oh well, all things work together for good! Eventually got the ECA in May, entered the pool the same day.

Post-ITA. I did 2 LOEs. One for education, I just briefly explained that even though I graduated in 2012 my very bears 2014 because that’s when it was issued. The 2nd LOE was for pof, just explained that my could not give me letter in cic format so I uploaded 6months statements plus reference letter. I even did conversion for them from pounds and naira to CAD. I attached screenshots of the conversion rate for that day. Pof was Dom and current Account from the same bank..I think my application wasn’t so dramatic. Personally, I don’t think the LOEs were necessary, but who knows? Plus it’s better to err on the side of caution right?
My anxiety was on a different level o. I ordered GCMS notes July 27, got it August 28...everything seemed got. No red flags. I even Call after that, still nothing had changed. That’s when I just decided to chill Abeg. I cannot comman kill myself biko.
Behold! September 26?i was going through the June APR forum on Canadavisa and noticed a few first week June applicants saying they moved to IP2 so I decided to check too. And there it was! the much awaited IP2. It felt like mini PPR to me cos I knew that my PPR was close.
That’s about as dramatic as my application was!
PS: I honestly have no tips for IELTS. I only used the practice materials that BC made available after I registered..I was to busy with school and work to practice. I wrote in the U.K. so I don’t know if this had anything to do with anything.

May God grant you all speedy PPRs. Thank to all the constant contributors. God bless you all!

I forgot to add that my VO is Ottawa
Oh! I’m single and waiting too! wink

7 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by intercedertee(f): 1:12pm On Sep 28, 2018
congrats doppler06 and Expectantbee

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by conebeam: 1:16pm On Sep 28, 2018
Congratulations doppler06 and Expectantbee! God will bless your next step/phase.

Let the PPR rain continue...

AVO folks how far

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by Ifeoma77(f): 1:26pm On Sep 28, 2018
Congratulations Doppler06 and Expectantbee
Yay!!!
Go and enjoy your new country

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by Ifeoma77(f): 1:31pm On Sep 28, 2018
DawnM024:
Hello House,

Silent follower - something i read here made me wonder if i may have misrepresented myself. I was refused visa to Uk some odd 6yrs ago on grounds of insufficient travel funds and asked to submit with sufficient(no refusal stamp). I did that immediately and got Visa 3wks later. I have gone on to obtain 3 additional visas including an active 2 year visa plus 2 other 2year US visa. This was my first attempt at outside ECOWAS travel.

My question is - is there a way to mention this now, though i have no indication on passport and i cant find any email or letter concerning the incidence.

Biometrics done plus MEP and background check says ongoing.

It never occurrred till i read it here yesterday. Please help i am in panic mode.

Thanks alot.
Did you pay fresh visa fees? If yes, then it's a refusal. Just raise a CSE to be safe

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by Jbelieve: 1:47pm On Sep 28, 2018
Expectantbee:

Congratulations

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (334) (335) (336) (337) (338) (339) (340) ... (612)

Travelling To Canada Part 11 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 93
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.