Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,282 members, 7,829,639 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 09:57 AM

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 - Travel (353) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 (915575 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (350) (351) (352) (353) (354) (355) (356) ... (612) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by Nobody: 1:33am On Oct 02, 2018
Thank you so much... I was actually there when I asked this and I could do my biometrics. I didn’t face any challenge... thanks once again
nnetayo:

You don't necessarily need to but for your own peace of mind, I suggest that you should. I did mine yesterday and the security man asked to see my appointment and actually crosschecked against our passports before he let us in.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by aworldcitizen: 2:18am On Oct 02, 2018
Thank you o.

Ordered my first note in April, received in May. All looked well.
Ordered another set in July which I am yet to receive. Maybe I should order another set.
Visa office is Kyiv Ukraine.
My file was transferred there from London, there are a couple of us I discovered on immi tracker and canadain visa that got their files transferred from London to Kyiv due to work overload.
Raised numerous cses, sent mails, calls.

Topsmamen:
aworldcitizen: 9 months post AOR
rukaiya: December AOR
Dreal4mula: April AOR
diamondextra: February AOR

Cheers!
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by crystalllllllll: 4:04am On Oct 02, 2018
classified010:

@Ramj That was a profound advice... As i am writing this comment, im already drafting down my letter of explanation explaining in details...You guys are really an inspiration...Now you've lifted the burden off me...I was at the point of being discouraged but im gonna try and intensify my prayers....God bless you Sir.

No need writing letter of explanation blaming the agent. In fact, why even write a letter of explanation for a previous visa refusal? Simply say you've been denied a visa before then in the notes write what country and what date.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by vickyehi: 5:08am On Oct 02, 2018
Omonoba1981:

Yes RN, those guys are really trying to break my neck with the money they are requesting just for certificate verification.

NO transcript, just certificate. The cost is more that the money I use in requesting transcript in UI, Verification in UI and more

From the lady at abuja,verification 8750k, courier service 16500,
Others,which includes, internet, remita,bank commission, service charge and follow up, 8k
Breakdowns
Verification =8750
Courier charge to Canada= 16500
Remita =500
Internet charges =1k
Mecellanous= 2k
Service charge and follow up 25k
Is the 25k the total amount? If it is then your contact is cheap( but I hope they are efficient also).
I paid almost 60k for my RN and RM verification.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by vickyehi: 5:16am On Oct 02, 2018
Omonoba1981:

But I already made payment for WES and the UI verification part has been completed. Just wanted to be sure if the RN certificate will add any advantage to my Express Entry.

I also change the document by document to course by course instead. The reason is I might be using it for Nursing society in Canada.

First of all Changing it is a total waste of time and money in respect to the above.
Reasons are;
1......the assessment body for professional licensure for nurses in canada is NOT WES but " NNAS".
2.......you cant even use the course by course for a bridging program because to do that, you would have to be a RN in canada ist.

So if you are interested in practicing in canada, you can start your application now while you are working on your EE just to safe your time because it is a journey that also needs more chill pills than EE grin

For more information pls visit the link below and start from page 1
https://www.nairaland.com/2863557/nigerian-nurses-midwives-dream-working

5 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by vickyehi: 5:21am On Oct 02, 2018
Shyee:

Have you heard 'Penny Wise Pound Foolish' before?
RN evaluation with WES is equivalent to Secondary School Diploma (or some lousy vocab like that), run away from WES for ECA, I don't know about the course by course evaluation you mentioned. i maintain my stand, use ICES for your ECA, it adds to your CRS point.
course by course may be useful in Canada, but not for EE.
Back to where we started, Penny Wise Pound Foolish, but Canada is worth all the expenses(for me).
It shall end in Praise.
The writer mentioned UI so I am under the impression it is a BSN but if it isnt then it's a sorry case as s/he has to start all over with ICES preferably.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by 123bco: 5:24am On Oct 02, 2018
Good morning. I have done EVA and waiting for IELTS result. I plan on creating this profile soon. Can I go ahead to get a reference letter from my current employer before creating profile or receiving ITA? And may I know whom it is to be addressed to?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by vickyehi: 5:24am On Oct 02, 2018
Shyee:

Have you heard 'Penny Wise Pound Foolish' before?
RN evaluation with WES is equivalent to Secondary School Diploma (or some lousy vocab like that), run away from WES for ECA, I don't know about the course by course evaluation you mentioned. i maintain my stand, use ICES for your ECA, it adds to your CRS point.
course by course may be useful in Canada, but not for EE.
Back to where we started, Penny Wise Pound Foolish, but Canada is worth all the expenses(for me).
It shall end in Praise.
The writer mentioned UI so I am under the impression it is a BSN but if it isnt then it's a sorry case as s/he has to start all over with ICES preferably.

The bolded isnt quite the case. The boards of nursing in Canada doesnt use wes Ives iqas etc....these are strictly immigration related.
The ONLY approved body for credential evaluation for the purpose of practice remains NNAS(application fee about 750cad or there about)
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by vickyehi: 5:50am On Oct 02, 2018
bheejay25:
Good morning wonderful people, please i have a question. What health insurance scheme can someone who wants relocate to canada apply for and how can it be done? Anyone with experience should kindly share.

Canada has universal health insurance, meaning basic care needs and basic medications are covered for all PRs and Canadians. You could also purchase extra insurance to cover dental and vision care. This could be part of a work benefit if you have a full time job with this benefit. Or you may purchase independently on your own. Example of some is "bluecross"...."the coperators"....etc
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by vickyehi: 5:57am On Oct 02, 2018
Ifeoma77:

grin grin grin grin grin grin any problem?
Or was your gender radar broken too? tongue
Lolzzz
And I have been reading your posts with a female voice simulation in my head cheesy cheesy shocked shocked
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by vickyehi: 5:59am On Oct 02, 2018
ijeaify:
Hello people,please I need your input on this, I have submitted my express entry application awaiting my ppr mail, But I have this issue bothering me and it's on what I can do when I eventually get to Canada, I am a customer service officer in one of the new generation banks and this is my 10th year in this unit, I have done my Acca more than half away, but presently i don't think I want to continue with Acca am seriously thinking of going into health care since its in high demand in Canada but then again I don't have a background in science. My question is can I go into nursing or any other health related programme in canada without chemistry and biology.

Well in some schools you may be required to take the high school equivalent of chem and biology at the university as pre requisites to the year 1 courses.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by MrniceG: 7:18am On Oct 02, 2018
Good morning all, i wish to ask a question here, amongst ICES & IQAS which is best for ECA high point for ND & HND certificate. For IQAS they evaluate ND & HND as 3years post diploma certificate which in ECA is two or more certificate diploma or degree, one must be a program of three or more years program, i hope I'm right . Plz huz how do ICES evaluate ND & HND certificate. Thanks

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by lilshon(m): 7:21am On Oct 02, 2018
Been trying to wrap my head around something.

When you apply for an EOR and IELTS issue you a new test result, it comes with a new issue date.

So if you're to calculate the 2yrs validity of your result, do you count from the test date or the date the result was issued ?

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by stonecoldcafe: 7:35am On Oct 02, 2018
123bco:
Good morning. I have done EVA and waiting for IELTS result. I plan on creating this profile soon. Can I go ahead to get a reference letter from my current employer before creating profile or receiving ITA? And may I know whom it is to be addressed to?

Check page 1 (of this thread) for a sample of work reference letter. You can use the address there; that was the exact same thing I did.

Getting your reference is entirely up to you. How confident are you of your ielts test? What is your likely crs score? Would you most likely be picked by the next draw or three? How easy is it to get the letter from your company HR? The answers will guide you.

NB: I once read on this thread that a letter no older than 3 months is an ideal timeframe. However, I have never been able to corroborate same from CIC website
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by cutieplum(f): 7:36am On Oct 02, 2018
deTimo:

When an Otondo patiently learns, he becomes a master in to time. You are now a prof. on this journey matter.

Kudos to you, now you are an elder of the clan.

I like you a lot... You are not like the other elder that ran away. Arrogant, ignorant, and grumpy 34 years old elfmanisback.

Na joke oooo.... E dakun no vex oooo
grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by jelmusboy(m): 8:50am On Oct 02, 2018
Good morning people,

I registered for planning for Canada on the 21st September but I am yet to get any correspondence or date from them for the session. How do I contact them in order to get a swift response?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by Newmum0615: 8:55am On Oct 02, 2018
Please send it again. Must have missed it. Pele.
favouritedami:

I replied you, but you have not responded sis
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by fmsimple(m): 8:58am On Oct 02, 2018
Eskunyet87:
Good evening House, I have some questions:
1. Using bank account as POF, should the statement be 6months prior to application for pr or 6months prior to submission of profile.
2. My wife's certificates and passport bears her maiden, should we stick to this in the whole process of application, or use the new name (My name).

Thanks.

6-month to application for PR.
By "my name", I assume you meant your "surname". That's preferable. Your marriage certificate will cover the use of her married name.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by bxcode(m): 9:21am On Oct 02, 2018
ijeaify:
Hello people,please I need your input on this, I have submitted my express entry application awaiting my ppr mail, But I have this issue bothering me and it's on what I can do when I eventually get to Canada, I am a customer service officer in one of the new generation banks and this is my 10th year in this unit, I have done my Acca more than half away, but presently i don't think I want to continue with Acca am seriously thinking of going into health care since its in high demand in Canada but then again I don't have a background in science. My question is can I go into nursing or any other health related programme in canada without chemistry and biology.
Please which NOC did you use in creating your profile? Am also a CSO and am about creating my EE profile. Also sent you a pm.
As per your question, you may have to do a pre-science programme when you get there just like someone said above.
For now, you can narrow down the schools you will like to apply to by then, send them a mail and see if they can give you a clue as regards their requirements.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by ysteph: 9:22am On Oct 02, 2018
Don't you think this question is unnecessary? If you are aware of the bolded then why are you asking this question.
lilshon:
Been trying to wrap my head around something.

When you apply for an EOR and IELTS issue you a new test result, it comes with a [/b]new issue date[b].

So if you're to calculate the 2yrs validity of your result, do you count from the test date or the date the result was issued ?

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by Nobody: 9:25am On Oct 02, 2018
Got there few minutes before 9am. We weren't attended to till 9am. Hubs completed everything for both of us before 11am.
lilshon:
Please, what time did you go there ? Want to know if they opened later the day I went.

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by Newmum0615: 9:36am On Oct 02, 2018
@Ifeoma77 @Ifeoma77 @Ifeoma77

How many times did I call you?

Submit yourself for physical inspection? You cannot be confusing the children of God laidis.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by Adaoh: 9:49am On Oct 02, 2018
yes CIC checks the American embassy database for visa refusals thoroughly. It's best to be truthful about all visa refusals.

classified010:

Regarding this quoted post... Does it mean that CICC go extra mile to check American Embassy's data base for application records of every EE applicants even if applicants did not mention being denied American visa before in their EE application process?.... i am really worried because i have been denied America Visa twice and to be honest the agent i used then lied on my behalf i subscribed to it. Now feel this is going to hunt me down in my EE application.

please has anyone gone score-free in this kind of situation? I know i have not choice than to write a letter of explanation regarding this, but i just want to know if keeping silent about it i.e(scaling through without mentioning it in one's application) is safe.

Please no criticism and insult... just helpful contribution,opinion and advise is required.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by Vifylove: 9:51am On Oct 02, 2018
segzy14:

Ref no is A0000000. It is at the top right corner when you login.

Thank you so much dear. I have the A0000000 stuff. Let me kick off then and find a way to pay up soonest.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by jholarharde(f): 9:52am On Oct 02, 2018
vickyehi:

Lolzzz
And I have been reading your posts with a female voice simulation in my head cheesy cheesy shocked shocked
don't mind @ifeoma, she is a she male; Dgrin

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by Nobody: 9:52am On Oct 02, 2018
gginika, please can you guide me on how you processed your law school transcript plus the amount you spent?I may need to continue with my wes because of the monies expended already and beef my chances up with my law school transcript. thanks
gginika:
. Played with the calculator like you suggested. There is a difference of 7points which may prove crucial. But given that I have spent more than 100k to send my transcript, law school very and waec to Wes I might consider this. So do I contact Wes to evaluate my Law sch and transcript as two or more Certificate? Thank you for your help.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by Tojued: 10:05am On Oct 02, 2018
Newmum0615:
@Ifeoma77 @Ifeoma77 @Ifeoma77

How many times did I call you?

Submit yourself for physical inspection? You cannot be confusing the children of God laidis.

Ifeoma is a girl I'm not even confused. Ifeoma of the threesomes and orgies and half naked men running around to motivate us on our EE journey. XX no argument!

Anyway gender is a very loose term in Canada, maybe she's helping us practice how to be gender flexible. When a male colleague will introduce himself to you and request that he prefers to be addressed as she...

8 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by lilshon(m): 10:06am On Oct 02, 2018
No it's not. Best to ask and not jump into conclusions.

ysteph:
Don't you think this question is unnecessary? If you are aware of the bolded then why are you asking this question.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by Newmum0615: 10:09am On Oct 02, 2018
Issa true. I have confirmed it too. I was going to deactivate my NL account for her before.
Tojued:

Ifeoma is a girl I'm not even confused. Ifeoma of the threesomes and orgies and half naked men running around to motivate us on our EE journey. XX no argument!

Anyway gender is a very loose term in Canada, maybe she's helping us practice how to be gender flexible. When a male colleague will introduce himself to you and request that he prefers to be addressed as she...
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by mmanwanyi: 10:17am On Oct 02, 2018
Please newmum I sent you a pm.
Newmum0615:
Please send it again. Must have missed it. Pele.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by freshjayy: 10:26am On Oct 02, 2018
��������Shout out to all those waiting for the next draw.....may it come out positive for us all

10 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by gold638: 10:31am On Oct 02, 2018
Thank you �

jonababa:

After completing the management case study or Gateway you get issued the Adv Diploma. And my apologies it was evaluated as 3years bachelors

(1) (2) (3) ... (350) (351) (352) (353) (354) (355) (356) ... (612)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 / DV 2013 Winners Meet Here

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.