Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,987 members, 7,817,909 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:37 PM

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 - Travel (356) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 (909539 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (353) (354) (355) (356) (357) (358) (359) ... (612) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by Newbeecey: 3:59pm On Oct 02, 2018
So while we are busy waiting for the miracle PPR mail, I just realized that this CSE table that you people have been shaking, we are on it.

DH had a US refusal and was asked to reapply within 3-6 months, cant remember the exact reason though. He reapplied and has since gotten the visa; but i did not include it in our application.

I am about to do that now, only to realize, your dear sistuurrr doesnt even know what CSE means, let alone how to raise it. So this is an SOS!!! cry for help.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by Nobody: 4:00pm On Oct 02, 2018
vickyehi:

Is the 25k the total amount? If it is then your contact is cheap( but I hope they are efficient also).
I paid almost 60k for my RN and RM verification.
I'm surprised at these posts, I didn't use the contact I was given, I only paid the 8750. I dealt directly with the Secretary, I got her number from nursing council website, and she helped. I guess I must've been lucky.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by Debzyworld: 4:02pm On Oct 02, 2018
Ifeoma77:

First of all, You should have included it.
But I don't think IRCC has access to information you used in obtaining admission from a school.
That being said, I still think you should raise a CSE. Better safe than sorry

Hi Ifeoma sorry to.jump on this thread but how can a CSE be raised?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by Jamezy4u: 4:04pm On Oct 02, 2018
Jamezy4u:
Hi House!
Thanks for all your works.

Please, I need help for two things on my evaluation with WES.

1. Has anybody from the University of Ilorin done evaluation here with WES? how long did it take for UniIlorin to send/respond to WES on verification?
Please, do you have any contact within the academic support services or registrar office that one could contact to look into it for me? Or anybody within Ilorin?

2. Has anybody here sent NECO verification of result to WES? How did you do it? I called NECO and I was told I need to send payment receipt and prepaid Courier envelope to them via courier, which they will use to send my result to WES.
I contacted a courier in Lagos, he told me I need to buy an envelope for 5k to send but NECO or somebody will pay for dispatch in Minna. I think is either he doesn't know what he is saying or there is an element of scam!

Please, I need help on the fast and sure way to do this, am currently not in Nigeria, if not, I could walk into this offices to sort things up. Who I have does not know what to do either. please help.

Thanks
Can someone help please?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by Debzyworld: 4:04pm On Oct 02, 2018
Ramj:

i guess you did your medicals upront. You wont get any update till you submit your eAPR.

Je m'appelle Ramj
Thank you Ramj

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by smslive2: 4:09pm On Oct 02, 2018
Use this form to Raise a CSE
Newbeecey:
So while we are busy waiting for the miracle PPR mail, I just realized that this CSE table that you people have been shaking, we are on it.

DH had a US refusal and was asked to reapply within 3-6 months, cant remember the exact reason though. He reapplied and has since gotten the visa; but i did not include it in our application.

I am about to do that now, only to realize, your dear sistuurrr doesnt even know what CSE means, let alone how to raise it. So this is an SOS!!! cry for help.

15 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by Ifeoma77(f): 4:10pm On Oct 02, 2018
Debzyworld:

Hi Ifeoma sorry to.jump on this thread but how can a CSE be raised?
By filling this web form;

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/contacts/web-form.asp

10 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by waynetemi: 4:12pm On Oct 02, 2018
You arent in this alone. I am 10 months post AOR. Ordered GCSM notes tire. Everything is clean. File moved from London to Kviv Ukraine. Just hang in there. In due time it will come..

aworldcitizen:
Currently in my 9th month post AOR! It is well oh. Please am I the only one yet to get PPR from December / January / February peeps?

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by Fadia: 4:20pm On Oct 02, 2018
Thank you!

Ramj:

https://www.nairaland.com/4472519/canadian-express-entry-federal-skilled/277#68364817

Scroll down and see those that added spouse post aor and post copr - so if you guys really mean it you can tie the knots - as soon as you can.

Je m'appelle Ramj

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by Ifeoma77(f): 4:23pm On Oct 02, 2018
gold638:
Thank you all for your response to my queries. Pls I have a random question. If I want to include my someone close to me in the immigration matter, but we are not exactly related, what’s the best route to take for her? She’s 19yrs and about to get into Uni.
Looking forward to your responses.
You won't be able to add her.
Technically, you can adopt her. In 2017, Canada changed the definition of 'dependents' from 'under 19' to 'under 22'. So as far as Canada is concerned, you can adopt her and add her.
Unfortunately, in Nigeria, the adoptive child must be less than 16 years (and the adoptive parent must be older than the child by at least 21 years).
Consider sponsoring as an international student

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by Newmum0615: 4:27pm On Oct 02, 2018
Right. The child is past the age of adoption in Nigeria. It caps at 17 years of age.
Ifeoma77:

You won't be able to add her.
Technically, you can adopt her. In 2017, Canada changed the definition of 'dependents' from 'under 19' to 'under 22'. So as far as Canada is concerned, you can adopt her and add her.
Unfortunately, in Nigeria, the adoptive child must be less than 16 years (and the adoptive parent must be older than the child by at least 21 years).
Consider sponsoring as an international student

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by joo2018: 4:39pm On Oct 02, 2018
For those who find IELTS listening difficult:

"For the listening practice, I wish I had stumbled into IELTS-mentor.com prior to my 6th attempt. You should definitely use this website and, attempt finishing the listening practice tests. There are about 14 of them. The answer section will show/tell you all that you had done wrongly in the previous exams. At the point where it says "you have sometime to look at your answers" during the listening test, kindly move on to next session if you have nothing to look at. That's actually the trick to have a headstart.
(Pls, don't apply for another exam unless you start to score 37 and above in the listening practice)."

https://www.nairaland.com/4472519/canadian-express-entry-federal-skilled/424#69130447

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by Eraytee: 5:11pm On Oct 02, 2018
thanks for that tip shared but the bold is not in all cases though, personally have had 7.5 consecutively in two ielts test, and my practice was good and in the range of the said score below, but still hoping to cross the hurdle soon, i posted earlier about my friend who had 9 in listening and never had a 7.5 in the practice tests. practice! practice!! practice!!! is key. and lets pray Grace finds us on that day. you have given a very good advice bro. thanks a lot

joo2018:

"For the listening practice, I wish I had stumbled into IELTS-mentor.com prior to my 6th attempt. You should definitely use this website and, attempt finishing the listening practice tests. There are about 14 of them. The answer section will show/tell you all that you had done wrongly in the previous exams. At the point where it says "you have sometime to look at your answers" during the listening test, kindly move on to next session if you have nothing to look at. That's actually the trick to have a headstart.
(Pls, don't apply for another exam unless you start to score 37 and above in the listening practice)."

https://www.nairaland.com/4472519/canadian-express-entry-federal-skilled/424#69130447

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by Osaze007: 5:13pm On Oct 02, 2018
My people how every I got a full time role in Edmonton so I’m moving there

64 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by orenishii: 5:15pm On Oct 02, 2018
Newmum0615:
grin Ifeoma is having a good laugh at all of you. She is a she. Her is a she. Don't mind her joor.

I have been played!
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by joo2018: 5:15pm On Oct 02, 2018
Wawu!
Good one, bro. Congrats!
Osaze007:

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by orenishii: 5:15pm On Oct 02, 2018
Osaze007:

Congrats Osaze!

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by Lansky(m): 5:16pm On Oct 02, 2018
Been perusing this thread for an hour now. The amount of info and help being shared here is amazing. Una wehdone!
ECA ready
Wrote IELTS on 29th Sept
EE profile in 2 weeks by God's grace

9 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by Nobody: 5:49pm On Oct 02, 2018
Onyeenyeh:

True talk. It is pretty unpredictable. I was on IP2 first, then IP1 after MEP. I got RPRF request on Saturday morning. Paid and waiting on the next instruction.

Meanwhile, please what is the admissibility review about?

Working around your AOR July 30 and ADR and Saturday RPRF demand: what is the period of active processing? Although you won't know what happened during August.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by Canadahome: 6:14pm On Oct 02, 2018
Ifeoma77:

Try practicing using listening tests on YouTube. Set the speed to talk faster than normal. Keep practicing like that. By the time you try the actual test, it'll be a breeze

Please, can one practise this with phone or a laptop as regards to setting the speed?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by DaisyEze: 6:18pm On Oct 02, 2018
Good evening House! I’ve been an observer for awhile now and must say that all the information I’ve seen so far has been helpful. I need abit of help understanding a few things:

1. If I include self-employed in my personal history, will I be asked for supporting documents to explain?

2. If I use gift deed as part of my POF, how long would you advise it should be in my bank account before creating my EE profile?

3. Will I need to evaluate my B.Sc with WES with my Masters degree (my highest qualification) if I include it in my personal history?

4. I worked for a few months at two different jobs (I’m not claiming points for). In between the jobs, I was unemployed before becoming self-employed. Will this raise an eyebrow with the VO? Should I include an LOE for why I became self employed after my last job?

I look forward to all your opinions and contributions. Thanks! grin
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by Eraytee: 6:41pm On Oct 02, 2018
definitely you have not been reading the thread, all your questions had been answered. go to page 1 and make use of NL search button. all your queries is here only if you can read more.

DaisyEze:
Good evening House! I’ve been an observer for awhile now and must say that all the information I’ve seen so far has been helpful. I need abit of help understanding a few things:

1. If I include self-employed in my personal history, will I be asked for supporting documents to explain?

2. If I use gift deed as part of my POF, how long would you advise it should be in my bank account before creating my EE profile?

3. Will I need to evaluate my B.Sc with WES with my Masters degree (my highest qualification) if I include it in my personal history?

4. I worked for a few months at two different jobs (I’m not claiming points for). In between the jobs, I was unemployed before becoming self-employed. Will this raise an eyebrow with the VO? Should I include an LOE for why I became self employed after my last job?

I look forward to all your opinions and contributions. Thanks! grin

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by mcstan18(m): 7:10pm On Oct 02, 2018
Tojued:
In my opinion, If you can help it please avoid using your pension but please note that nobody that I know of has gotten 'insufficient funds' issue for using pension (although I don't know a lot of people smiley)

However I feel like any day they can decide it's not liquid enough to meet their requirements. All it takes is one VO or policy adviser waking up on the wrong side of his bed.

As it is my speculation recently is that using pf automatically triggers 'review required' for POF. Just a speculation sha. Hopefully the congregation can comment on this based on their gcms notes.

Apologies if I'm dragging us back a bit on this. I think you're right with the VO's discretion assumption. 2 of my friends used their pf as a good part of their PoF (almost N2.5m) and they both scaled through. One other one who recently got her GCMS notes in July discovered that the VO treating her matter ignored hers. I advised her to raise a CSE at once before they come with their "insufficient settlement funds" slogan. Upon receipt of the second notes late last month, the PoF had been recalculated to include the pf.

I think pf is very well recognized (at least for now sha) as a valid part of PoF, but sometimes some of the officers decide on their own to leave it out. I'd really struggle to believe that it was an oversight. they're too eagle-eyed to miss out on anything.

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by Utonne: 7:14pm On Oct 02, 2018
Osaze007:

Wow. This is so inspiring. I remember how you were such a worry wart on the thread. And look at you now. Amazing. Thanks for always coming back to update us. Gives some of us hope. Congrats and all the best in your new job & life in Edmonton

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by Temas: 7:17pm On Oct 02, 2018
mcstan18:

Apologies if I'm dragging us back a bit on this. I think you're right with the VO's discretion assumption. 2 of my friends used their pf as a good part of their PoF (almost N2.5m) and they both scaled through. One other one who recently got his GCMS notes in July discovered that the VO treating his matter ignored hers. I advised her to raise a CSE at once before they come with their "insufficient settlement funds" slogan. Upon receipt of the second notes late last month, the PoF had been recalculated to include the pf.

I think pf is very well recognized (at least for now sha) as a valid part of PoF, but sometimes some of the officers decide on their own to leave it out. I'd really struggle to believe that it was an oversight. they're too eagle-eyed to miss out on anything.
. Boss man, you didn't drag us back ooo . Infact you just helped a brother having headache because of 500k. How far with that your friend with TRNC police report palava? I am currently working something out to get mine by proxy. if it works I will get back to you here.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by armstead: 7:59pm On Oct 02, 2018
mcstan18:

Apologies if I'm dragging us back a bit on this. I think you're right with the VO's discretion assumption. 2 of my friends used their pf as a good part of their PoF (almost N2.5m) and they both scaled through. One other one who recently got his GCMS notes in July discovered that the VO treating his matter ignored hers. I advised her to raise a CSE at once before they come with their "insufficient settlement funds" slogan. Upon receipt of the second notes late last month, the PoF had been recalculated to include the pf.

To corroborate your point above, I applied for GCMS in August in order to specifically check if my pension fund was considered as the PF is the only source of additional fund to complete my POF requirement. To my amusement, I received my GCMS notes today; lo and behold my Pension fund statement with LeadwayPensure was accepted and considered without any review required. Please see screenshot attached.

18 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by Newbeecey: 8:34pm On Oct 02, 2018
Thanks; even though I was about to say smslive2!!! dont u dare use that ur link line on me mehn...was worried about clicking on the link; seeing as you have a reputation. grin grin grin
smslive2:
Use this form to Raise a CSE

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by Ifeoma77(f): 8:35pm On Oct 02, 2018
Canadahome:

Please, can one practise this with phone or a laptop as regards to setting the speed?
I don't see why not.
Guitarlife is the original poster of that method and he shared a more detailed walkthrough on how he does it. Click on his moniker and read through his posts (you'd have to go as far back as March/April)

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by crystalllllllll: 8:53pm On Oct 02, 2018
dumprep:
It depends on your CRS. If tomorrow’s cutoff is 440 and your CRS is above 440, you’ll get your ITA.
What’s your CRS?

There won't be a draw tomorrow.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by joo2018: 9:11pm On Oct 02, 2018
Thanks for the post. Great contribution. Gold standard we have been waiting for.

I hope that debate can be put to bed now.
armstead:

To corroborate your point above, I applied for GCMS in August in order to specifically check if my pension fund was considered as the PF is the only source of additional fund to complete my POF requirement. To my amusement, I received my GCMS notes today; lo and behold my Pension fund statement with LeadwayPensure was accepted and considered without any review required. Please see screenshot attached.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by ArabianRose(f): 9:13pm On Oct 02, 2018
This website is so great, it helped me too when I wrote for the third time and it was a charm! Thanks for sharing for those who need it.
joo2018:

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by ArabianRose(f): 9:14pm On Oct 02, 2018
Why? What happened?
crystalllllllll:

There won't be a draw tomorrow.

(1) (2) (3) ... (353) (354) (355) (356) (357) (358) (359) ... (612)

Travelling To Canada Part 11 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.