Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,610 members, 7,809,234 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:13 AM

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 - Travel (374) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 (906716 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (371) (372) (373) (374) (375) (376) (377) ... (612) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by daddysgal2015: 9:52am On Oct 06, 2018
veleta:
ICES ECA report came out exactly 5 weeks today.Their turnaround is actually very fast.I think WES should be ditched.ICES is hassle free.UPS mail with tracking number was also sent so,you can know when it's to be delivered.

Pls i need help with it.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by Nobody: 9:56am On Oct 06, 2018
Hello

I also used them in late 2016. They are ok but it took a while before I finally got my final evaluation...about 4 months or so...the delay could have been as a result of backlogs or school response time.

If you want a speedy evaluation, I couldn't vouch for them...if you want slow and steady...then they are one of your options.

Chears. ..all the best in your decision making.

Mamaroon:

I used them. it took about 2 months from when my Uni sent my transcript. You upload passport bio data page...a copy of your transcript and copy of your certificate....and any translations or change of name document (for women)...

Your school will send transcript and certificate too...they never contacted me for further documents and they have a time line...see below.

Didn't have any issues apart from the time it took.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by jelmusboy(m): 10:00am On Oct 06, 2018
For question one, no need for CSE. I had two visa refusals post-AOR and got two visas post-AOR, didn't raise CSE and I got PPR without hitch.

Don't know second question
jergins:
Hello House,

I have two questions here,

1. I already submitted my application in August but in September, I went for US Visa interview and I was denied, DO I need to notify CIC by raising CSE or it doesn't matter since the refusal came a month plus after refusal.

2. I used a FD Certificate in my spouse name(accompanying) as part of the POF. Should I have also included Gift Deeds, If Yes, Should I raise CSE to include now.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by veleta: 10:12am On Oct 06, 2018
ans123:

Do you mean 5weeks from the receipt of all document or 5weeks for the entire process?

Entire process
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by adosjun(m): 10:17am On Oct 06, 2018
bankee:
Hi Guys,
Update on OOU and WES verification buhaha,
its now Hahaha , such relief.
I went back to school yesterday to meet Mrs kaka and she was very helpful but still insisted that they had not received it.
Apologized profusely and reassured me that once she got the mail, she would respond immediately(irrespective of the strike that started today)

My persuasion to WES finally yielded fruit after a lot couple of strong worded mails to some of their top ogas.
Got WES update early hours of this morning and by 4am this morning, a contact from school confirm that my case has been treated.

WES profile has finally changed to received documents and reviewing...since July!!!

Tip to anyone having WES correspondence issues, biko, continue disturbing them.
This was the 3rd email sent to school, so how come this one got to school?

Onto the next phase, make i jump into pool with my bikini!
and those that got PPR today, I covet your early morning good news in the nearest future too!
Amen
it would end in praise.

Good morning banker,

My spouse who is also the primary applicant is stalk in this stage also for 2months now. I have called over 7times with several mails. I am thinking of going through the process of contacting some of their Ogas there just as you did but don't know how to go about that. Would appreciate if you can drop a link of their details here as I am already getting frustrated.
Please assist a brother. Neither hard nor e-copy has been received despite two different notifications that my wife's evaluation has been sent.

Thank you

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by armstead: 10:24am On Oct 06, 2018
MrOba:
Congratulations Armstead on your PPR. Could you please share, how much was in your PF part of your POF that was converted to CAD$3951? I’m only trying to understand the conversation rate CIC use and I’m pretty sure some other people on this thread will be interested as well. Many thanks!

25% of my PF was N1,084,500 at eApr meaning CIC used N274.487 as exchange rate while I had used 277 or 278 on Xe.com upon submission. In essence, what they calculated as POF for me was even higher than what I calculated for them.

5 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by veleta: 10:32am On Oct 06, 2018
daddysgal2015:

Pls i need help with it.

Type ICES ECA evaluation and detailed process pops out.However,click on *apply now*, fill in your details,your reference number with A000.....,will be displayed,take note of that then after filling it,scan and upload original B.sc or whatever degree you have in coloured as well as your international passport.There is a placeholder for each document.Of you are married,upload your marriage certificate in the placeholder for*others* this is important to prove the reason for discrepancy for the names in your certificate and international passport.

Go ahead to make payment with debit card as it is accepted notwithstanding their website specifically said only credit card is accepted.Courier fee for Canadian address is $26 while international address is$75.

Then for official transcript,your school *must* send it to ICES through the school's official email address or they can courier it to ICES.Official school email address should not be yahoo or gmail.

I would suggest you follow up with your school so that once the transcript is ready,you can create an ICES acccount,submit then send the reference no to your school to submit the next day or so.

They only send acknowledgement of documents,and completion of ECA to your email or you can log in to your account to see it too.

Once your school sends your transcript to ICES,send them a mail to confirm receipt and you will get response within 48 hrs.Goodluck guys.

The whole process was 5weeks.

24 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by JumzieBabyy: 10:40am On Oct 06, 2018
Woow! Lot of PPR news!! Congrats to all the receivers! May the land favour you...now the 'REAL' journey begins.

All the best.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by Ifeoma77(f): 10:42am On Oct 06, 2018
Congratulations @armstead
That was such a satisfying read

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by JumzieBabyy: 10:43am On Oct 06, 2018
HRgirl:

Jumziebabyy please i still didnt get to be added on that WhatsApp group for august aor people..make una add me na so i can be getting updates..you know we are same day things..

Hey dear, Sorry just responding - been off here for a bit.

No am not on any whatsapp group o, ask Utonne sha.

This forum is my own group for realtime info. grin
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by bronze25(f): 10:46am On Oct 06, 2018
@Obtay is this offer still available. I won't mind using your slot biko.
Obtay:

I have a slot for family of 4 for 9th oct in children's practice which we won't be using again.we already used IOM which came earlier
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by joo2018: 11:49am On Oct 06, 2018
Based on this, I think ICES might be the way to go for now. At least until they overwhelmed by orders again and start delaying. WES must be overwhelmed by orders.
veleta:

Type ICES ECA evaluation and detailed process pops out.However,click on *apply now*, fill in your details,your reference number with A000.....,will be displayed,take note of that then after filling it,scan and upload original B.sc or whatever degree you have in coloured as well as your international passport.There is a placeholder for each document.Of you are married,upload your marriage certificate in the placeholder for*others* this is important to prove the reason for discrepancy for the names in your certificate and international passport.

Go ahead to make payment with debit card as it is accepted notwithstanding their website specifically said only credit card is accepted.Courier fee for Canadian address is $26 while international address is$75.

Then for official transcript,your school *must* send it to ICES through the school's official email address or they can courier it to ICES.Official school email address should not be yahoo or gmail.

I would suggest you follow up with your school so that once the transcript is ready,you can create an ICES acccount,submit then send the reference no to your school to submit the next day or so.

They only send acknowledgement of documents,and completion of ECA to your email or you can log in to your account to see it too.

Once your school sends your transcript to ICES,send them a mail to confirm receipt and you will get response within 48 hrs.Goodluck guys.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by joo2018: 11:57am On Oct 06, 2018
For 2, you could have added a letter from your spouse indicating that she is accompanying you and that you will have access to the funds. I'm sure a nice case officer will allow it to fly as you did, but for your peace of mind, you may raise the CSE with the letter. You may also chose to raise it as an affidavit. It all depends on what will give you peace of mind.
jergins:
Hello House,

I have two questions here,

1. I already submitted my application in August but in September, I went for US Visa interview and I was denied, DO I need to notify CIC by raising CSE or it doesn't matter since the refusal came a month plus after refusal.

2. I used a FD Certificate in my spouse name(accompanying) as part of the POF. Should I have also included Gift Deeds, If Yes, Should I raise CSE to include now.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by joo2018: 12:05pm On Oct 06, 2018
Someone posted recently that an Airfore Officer got PPR.

If he is not willing leave the army in the next 3/4 years (if you get PR with him as PA and all goes well, when your PR will be due for renewal), you may consider being the PA and select him as unaccompanying. Use the CRS tool to calculate your possible points.

Freelance may count as work experience if you can get documents.
Check: https://www.quora.com/Does-freelance-work-count-as-employment-for-the-Canadian-Express-Entry-PR
https://www.quora.com/How-do-I-fill-in-a-cic-express-entry-form-for-work-experience-for-a-freelancer-who-had-a-lot-of-small-projects
https://www.quora.com/How-can-someone-apply-for-Canadian-express-entry-with-freelance-work-experience

You can get more links on Page 1 of this thread. The page will also guide you on other things to do..
Janaeroy:

Forgive my ignorance. I thought because of their nature of job, they may be considered high risk since PTSD is almost ignored in our Army and he not willing to leave the army yet only interested in relocating us and coming to visit.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by tescom: 12:16pm On Oct 06, 2018
veleta:

Thanks

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by 234GG: 1:02pm On Oct 06, 2018
Who knows

...How long does it usually take for Biometrics status to change after doing the capturing

I did the capturing at VFS since 19th sept. (A bit more than 2 weeks now) yet the Biometrics status remained as "We need your fingerprints to process your application. Check your messages below for details"
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by Torkwase1(f): 1:09pm On Oct 06, 2018
Hello house. Please for those who sold land to raise POF, must you get that the change of ownership document issued by the state govt, or is it okay to upload just the stamped Deed of Assignment/sale agreement as evidence of sale?.
I'm asking because getting the govt document is another long, expensive process, I'll have to start settling the community chief , district head, and then paying another sum to the land office. Thank you.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by Zanotee: 1:17pm On Oct 06, 2018
GlitteringStar:
Congratulations to all ITA and PPR recipients.
good afternoon GlitStar. I have an issue. is it too early for me to get a reference later from my former coy.( I actually was on contract) . Thanks for your reply in anticipation.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by denzel3(m): 1:34pm On Oct 06, 2018
Finally, evaluation of law degree with IQAS is complete and the canadian equivalence is 'a first professional university degree in common law'. The wait was frustrating but worth it!

I had earlier used WES, before realizing IQAS was more suitable for law degree. As you would expect, WES evaluated my law degree as 'bachelor degree'.

Congrats to those who obtained PPR, ITA, and aced IELTS!

It shall end in praise

11 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by joo2018: 1:45pm On Oct 06, 2018
Guidance on filling a complete application.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j92dQnfXyAU

12 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by ArcUgo(m): 1:47pm On Oct 06, 2018
Some people submitted only deed of assignment/sale and proof of prior ownership, and have gotten PPR/COPR. I personally know someone that submitted only Deed of Sale and he landed in Edmonton last week.
Torkwase1:
Hello house. Please for those who sold land to raise POF, must you get that the change of ownership document issued by the state govt, or is it okay to upload just the stamped Deed of Assignment/sale agreement as evidence of sale?.
I'm asking because getting the govt document is another long, expensive process, I'll have to start settling the community chief , district head, and then paying another sum to the land office. Thank you.

5 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by MrOba: 1:59pm On Oct 06, 2018
Thanks for the prompt response.

armstead:

25% of my PF was N1,084,500 at eApr meaning CIC used N274.487 as exchange rate while I had used 277 or 278 on Xe.com upon submission. In essence, what they calculated as POF for me was even higher than what I calculated for them.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by Nobody: 2:18pm On Oct 06, 2018
Zanotee:
good afternoon GlitStar. I have an issue. is it too early for me to get a reference later from my former coy. ( I actually was on contract). Thanks for your reply in anticipation.

Not too early. I got mine even before entering the pool.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by Torkwase1(f): 2:27pm On Oct 06, 2018
ArcUgo:
Some people submitted only deed of assignment/sale and proof of prior ownership, and have gotten PPR/COPR. I personally know someone that submitted only Deed of Sale and he landed in Edmonton last week.

Great. Thank you very much.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by Zanotee: 2:49pm On Oct 06, 2018
GlitteringStar:

Not too early. I got mine even before entering the pool.
Wow so fast with ur reply... Thanks dear. I am still coming for more questions... hope u don't mind. #winks
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by prex29: 4:45pm On Oct 06, 2018
HI guys,
A quick question about POF . If for instance I was invited to apply on the 17th Oct can a 6 months bank statement going up to the Sept 30 suffice, if I plan to submit my application on the 20th of Oct?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by nnetayo: 4:46pm On Oct 06, 2018
234GG:
Who knows

...How long does it usually take for Biometrics status to change after doing the capturing

I did the capturing at VFS since 19th sept. (A bit more than 2 weeks now) yet the Biometrics status remained as "We need your fingerprints to process your application. Check your messages below for details"
We are in the same boat. I've stopped worrying about it. It would eventually be updated.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by jordie: 4:55pm On Oct 06, 2018
Good afternoon house.
pls I need your imput. We are planning on using my husband as PA since he has an international masters degree and work experience and with him CRS ia about 486. We also don't have to evaluate his cert if am right.(save money)
Now that he found out that weac has to be evaluated we can't use him as PA anymore due to the difference in age. His passport says 39 which isnt same as waec age.
Using me as PA crs is 443 but with the increase in crs score and age palava(next birthday its a minus 5). I am confused, dont know which route to take. Has anyone here been in this situation. Please kindly advise. Thank you.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by freshjayy: 4:56pm On Oct 06, 2018
Pls seniors in the house for the work reference letter does it need to be addressed to IRCC, can’t I just use “to whom it may concern”
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by MrniceG: 5:07pm On Oct 06, 2018
Hy, i wish to ask if they accept statement of result. From their site they requested for coloured scan academic record and also coloured scan certificate. Degree & diploma. Statement of result is what i hv at hand now, d certificate is still on process. Can make do of that with out having issues.

In the case of IQAS, I wrote to them asking if they accept statement of result & they replied that they don't accept statement of result except certificate. And from their check list of documents requested, i found out that they requested for photocopy of transcript/statement of marks to be enclosed in my documents which i will send to them. Truly, i dnt kw if exams & record can gv that out for photocopy.

Waiting for ur reply.

Thanks

veleta:

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by CanadianMosquit: 5:12pm On Oct 06, 2018
veleta:
ICES ECA report came out exactly 5 weeks today.Their turnaround is actually very fast.I think WES should be ditched.ICES is hassle free.UPS mail with tracking number was also sent so,you can know when it's to be delivered.
hello, I just sent you a pm. Kindly respond.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by veleta: 5:20pm On Oct 06, 2018
[quote author=MrniceG pos

Thanks

I have no idea,you can send them a mail to enquire.They usually respond within 48 hrs
[/quote]

(1) (2) (3) ... (371) (372) (373) (374) (375) (376) (377) ... (612)

Travelling To Canada Part 11 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.