Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,851 members, 7,817,519 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:40 PM

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 - Travel (446) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 (909369 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (443) (444) (445) (446) (447) (448) (449) ... (612) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by Nobody: 10:20am On Oct 18, 2018
Oh great! I have bookmarked your faith and keeping my fingers crossed for some good news from you.
Yes o@the bolded. Thanks, God bless. Cheers! smiley kiss kiss

teeielts360:
Thanks @dumprep for the spirit lifting words. it worked.
i already applied for the EOR and hopefully, it comes out great.
What ever is required to get this done, we would push all the way.

Congrats on your PPR by the way. I can't even begin to phantom how you're feeling right now.
All the Best.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by iamkunski: 10:27am On Oct 18, 2018
Great find! The burning question then is what makes an application simple or complex?

joo2018:
VO and timelines analysis of Nigerian EE PR applications based on idle time spent ghosting CIC websites and several online forums.

1. Based on policy and technology, IRCC has worked out a system for meeting the EE service standard of treating 80% of applications within 6 months and still maintaining program integrity. It involves maximizing the capacity of the flagship office (CPC-Ottawa) for simple applications and utilizing local VOs that are familiar with foreign nationals culture for complex applications.

2. During R10 completeness check at CIO Sydney, applications are assessed using an "application triage criteria" into low risk, simple applications and high risk, complex applications. Details of this criteria are not available in the public domain but it seems to involve algorithms in the EE electronic system and manual evaluations by officers.

3. Simple Nigerian applications are sent to CPC-Ottawa for routine processing. This involves use of internal vetting procedures and takes 1-6 months based on the number of internal reviews needed and how fast it takes sister organisations (CBSA, CSIS and RCMP) to do their admissibility screenings. If during processing, it was discovered that the application was too complex to be handled by CPC-Ottawa, it is sent back to CIO or to local VOs for processing.

4. Complex Nigerian applications are technically supposed to be sent to Accra VO for processing as the office is more conversant with Nigerian cultural peculiarities. However, due to the high number of Nigerians applying for EE PR, Accra VO's capacity is inadequate and so "workload distribution" is applied and Nigerian applications are also sent to London VO and more recently Kiev VO. Some Nigerians in other online forums have reported their applications being treated at Pretoria and Nairobi VOs.

5. At the VOs, CIO Sydney's low risk /high risk assessments are reviewed. If the case officer disagrees with the high risk assessment, the application is treated using local routine procedures. The processing timeline for this type of application is generally 3-7 months. The local routine procedures of the London VO is generally known to be the most thorough.

6. If the case officer agrees with CIO's assessments, program integrity measures are applied and the application is not treated within the 6 months service standard. Because of capacity constraints and high degree of thorough vetting required, an application can stay long in the processing queue and it can take months before it is attended to. Processing timelines is between 7-24 months.

7. It is worth noting that delay in processing is not only from IRCC. CBSA, CSIS and RCMP can apply deep security screening based on their own operating procedures. Until the sister bodies finish their checks, final admissibility decisions cannot be taken.

NB: These are my personal opinions and can only be verified by IRCC.

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by gold638: 10:43am On Oct 18, 2018
Good morning peeps. Pls, for WES users, how do you confirm the list of documents WES has received? I checked my status and it says “we have received your documents” but does not state which ones. I need to knw what they have recieved and what is outstanding so I can follow up. Thanks.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by Richness1104: 10:48am On Oct 18, 2018
Hello people.....
Congratulations to all those who got PPR, ITA and to those that passed IELTS. I wish everyone the best in this journey to better livelihood. Please all the seniors in the house, I need your input on this matter because it's beginning to frustrate my plans. So I started this process in June by requesting for WES evaluation. The transcript got to them in July (Masters) and they sent it back to university of Ibadan in the 13th of August for verification and since then, nothing has happened. University of Ibadan is claiming that they did not see the mail from WES. I printed my own correspondence and took it there and they still insisted that they can't work with that. After 7weeks, WES sent another mail to them and I knew this because I received a notification but they still said they haven't received any mail from WES. I need advise as this is beginning to drag my process and I have limited time to pull this through. Am open to advise and opinion on how to tackle either WES or University of Ibadan.
Cc glitteringstar
Cc smslive2
Cc ramj
Cc cochtrane
Cc teecann
Cc ifeoma77
Cc mcstan18
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by Tojued: 10:49am On Oct 18, 2018
iamkunski:
Great find! The burning question then is what makes an application simple or complex?

Once any aspect of your application triggers 'review required', e don comot Ottawa be that. Using pension funds I think triggers review required for pof.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by Nobody: 10:54am On Oct 18, 2018
Oakville19:

The below seems to contradict that. A renewal will only be required where you visit for 6 months or more. If your assertion is correct then we should require a PCC for every country visited regardless of duration.
Hello people.
I did my PCC 4 months ago in Lagos (it expired after 3 months-2 weeks ago), I just got the real ITA that I expected. Now, IRCC says PCC mustn't be older than 6 months, would you advise I use the older than 3 months PCC or travel to Lagos to get another one. The dilemma is Doing the convenient by submitting the PCC as is or Silence the conscience and abate anxiety by doing a new PCC. Kindly advise.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by Dizzy007(m): 10:58am On Oct 18, 2018
Hello cochtrane, since WES already has your transcripts and has been evaluated document by document, I don't think WAEC will be required. You can start the upgrade, then see if WES will list it as required documents.
The WAEC is not really that stressful, once its sent to WES, they always confirm without you following up or calling anybody there.
I'm evaluating my BSc as well for this same purpose.

cochtrane:
Hello Everyone,

For anyone who recently upgraded their ECA with WES for APEGA certification, does one need to send secondary school results (WAEC) for this upgrade?

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by iamkunski: 11:04am On Oct 18, 2018
*Makes U-turn en route ARM pension*

Tojued:

Once any aspect of your application triggers 'review required', e don comot Ottawa be that. Using pension funds I think triggers review required for pof.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by raphrulz: 11:05am On Oct 18, 2018
Well that's if the other funds used do not meet the minimum funds required for a family. For instance, if one includes the PF just for the possibilities of exchange fluctuations while the other means of funds covers the POF requirement, then there would most likely not be any issues raised.

Tojued:

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by smslive2: 11:05am On Oct 18, 2018
Call WES to resend via registered mail/express courier with tracking number. With that you will be able to track when it delivers. unfortunately it will cost you additional money but as it is, this is the only way you will know if WES has send it or if UI have received it
Richness1104:
Hello people.....
Congratulations to all those who got PPR, ITA and to those that passed IELTS. I wish everyone the best in this journey to better livelihood. Please all the seniors in the house, I need your input on this matter because it's beginning to frustrate my plans. So I started this process in June by requesting for WES evaluation. The transcript got to them in July (Masters) and they sent it back to university of Ibadan in the 13th of August for verification and since then, nothing has happened. University of Ibadan is claiming that they did not see the mail from WES. I printed my own correspondence and took it there and they still insisted that they can't work with that. After 7weeks, WES sent another mail to them and I knew this because I received a notification but they still said they haven't received any mail from WES. I need advise as this is beginning to drag my process and I have limited time to pull this through. Am open to advise and opinion on how to tackle either WES or University of Ibadan.
Cc glitteringstar
Cc smslive2
Cc ramj
Cc cochtrane
Cc teecann
Cc ifeoma77
Cc mcstan18

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by raphrulz: 11:07am On Oct 18, 2018
LMAO!! Have u given up on PF already??

iamkunski:

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by raphrulz: 11:09am On Oct 18, 2018
Actually PCCs are valid for 6 months from the issue date irrespective of the timeline (3 months) stated on the face of the document.

Shyee:

Hello people.
I did my PCC 4 months ago in Lagos (it expired after 3 months-2 weeks ago), I just got the real ITA that I expected. Now, IRCC says PCC mustn't be older than 6 months, would you advise I use the older than 3 months PCC or travel to Lagos to get another one. The dilemma is Doing the convenient by submitting the PCC as is or Silence the conscience and abate anxiety by doing a new PCC. Kindly advise.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by iamkunski: 11:10am On Oct 18, 2018
My brother no o. I no just want wahala

raphrulz:
LMAO!! Have u given up on PF already??

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by Nobody: 11:11am On Oct 18, 2018
raphrulz:
Actually PCCs are valid for 6 months from the issue date irrespective of the timeline (3 months) stated on the face of the document.

Thanks for the promptness!
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by Adunnee: 11:12am On Oct 18, 2018
segzy14:

You are wrong, it is CLB 7.

Okay, thanks. How did you calculate it, please?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by joo2018: 11:13am On Oct 18, 2018
That's the million dollar question, isn't it? Unfortunately, CIC is vague about it. See here: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=1422&top=3

Relevant parts are: "you or a family member were asked to appear for an interview
you or a family member might not be eligible
background checks are still in progress for you or your family members"

So basically if case officers are uncomfortable about any aspect of your application.

iamkunski:

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by raphrulz: 11:14am On Oct 18, 2018
Relax. There is no wohala. However, I would always advise people to resort to PF as the last option though.

iamkunski:
My brother no o. I no just want wahala

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by joo2018: 11:14am On Oct 18, 2018
Lol...
iamkunski:

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by Chinna54: 11:49am On Oct 18, 2018
It will be specified on your status the outstanding document left and an email will be sent you.

gold638:
Good morning peeps. Pls, for WES users, how do you confirm the list of documents WES has received? I checked my status and it says “we have received your documents” but does not state which ones. I need to knw what they have recieved and what is outstanding so I can follow up. Thanks.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by Richness1104: 11:59am On Oct 18, 2018
I salute your intelligence @smslive2 as I have never thought about going that route. Only hoping it won't be discarded somewhere when it gets to UI again.
smslive2:
Call WES to resend via registered mail/express courier with tracking number. With that you will be able to track when it delivers. unfortunately it will cost you additional money but as it is, this is the only way you will know if WES has send it or if UI have received it
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by alwayspositive8: 12:10pm On Oct 18, 2018
Thanks and really appreciate ...Seems there is no other way than to do a follow up and pray that the document they sent get to WES untampered and fast...

mcstan18:

Nigeria's love affair with WES is already strained by trust issues, so more often than not they've indicated that "...transcripts were not sent from the awarding institution..." in some people's profile for reasons I may not be privy to. A safer thing to do is follow up aggressively on the ICAN guys to do what they must. Pelee my dear.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by EyesondPrize: 12:15pm On Oct 18, 2018
Hi, it is very safe. WES should update your dashboard latest last week in October. Mine was updated in less than 3weeks after it was sent.

alwayspositive8:
Please could someone help... WES sent a request both electronically and by post to ICAN for them to verify my ATS certificate... ICAN said that WES often times don't receive mails from them which means they won't do electronic verification... But that they have received the other one they sent by Post and they will reply them by post...I called there office last week they said they have sent the verification confirmation by NIPOST which to me is not safe and don't even know when it will get there si...
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by Topsmamen: 12:30pm On Oct 18, 2018
Good morning my good folks. I believe we are all fine and dandy. I am highly overwhelmed by your prayers and best wishes. It is my heart's utmost desire that God will see each and everyone of us through this EE journey and we will all come out victorious in Jesus Name. May celebrations and glad tidings of great joy never cease from our lives.

@dumprep: *sigh* Wow! This is too much! Thanks a lot sis for the prayers and praises. I am eternally grateful that God has crowned our efforts with joy and success.

Congratulations to all ITA/PPR recipients, all successful IELTS takers and all pool divers cheesy
Congrats in advance to ITA and PPR hopefuls and to everybody in their respective EE stages. It can only get better. It will definitely get better.

God bless y'all smiley. Cheers!

58 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by Tojued: 12:35pm On Oct 18, 2018
raphrulz:
Well that's if the other funds used do not meet the minimum funds required for a family. For instance, if one includes the PF just for the possibilities of exchange fluctuations while the other means of funds covers the POF requirement, then there would most likely not be any issues raised.

I know a instance exact same scenario (pension fund was just jara) and review was still triggered.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by Tojued: 12:38pm On Oct 18, 2018
Topsmamen:
Good morning my good folks. I believe we are all fine and dandy. I am highly overwhelmed by your prayers and best wishes. It is my heart's utmost desire that God will see each and everyone of us through this EE journey and we will all come out victorious in Jesus Name. May celebrations and glad tidings of great joy never cease from our lives.

@dumprep: *sigh* Wow! This is too much! Thanks a lot sis for the prayers and praises. I am eternally grateful that God has crowned our efforts with joy and success.

Congratulations to all ITA/PPR recipients, all successful IELTS takers and all pool divers cheesy
Congrats in advance to ITA and PPR hopefuls and to everybody in their respective EE stages. It can only get better. It will definitely get better.

Man of the year grin

18 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by Ramj: 12:38pm On Oct 18, 2018
Richness1104:
Hello people.....
Congratulations to all those who got PPR, ITA and to those that passed IELTS. I wish everyone the best in this journey to better livelihood. Please all the seniors in the house, I need your input on this matter because it's beginning to frustrate my plans. So I started this process in
Cc glitteringstar
Cc smslive2
Cc ramj
Cc cochtrane
Cc teecann
Cc ifeoma77
Cc mcstan18

You need a proper insider to check there email and possibly seat with them to get it done and do the needed to have this done.

If you search you would see people that have mentioned this issue you can PM them for their contacts.

WES would send again after 7 weeks so PUSH with UI

Je m'appelle WES-UI=ECA
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by raphrulz: 12:41pm On Oct 18, 2018
Haaaa!! The real MVP is here. Bros God bless you on behalf of your sister. There is nothing as great as being selfless. ... I know there are many more Nigerians like you. We just need this attitude to build this country Nigeria. However, make I first go secure citizenship elsewhere first.. then I can come back to build.

I still love Naija however.

Peace!!

Topsmamen:

5 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by Ramj: 12:41pm On Oct 18, 2018
Dizzy007:
Hello cochtrane, since WES already has your transcripts and has been evaluated document by document, I don't think WAEC will be required. You can start the upgrade, then see if WES will list it as required documents.
The WAEC is not really that stressful, once its sent to WES, they always confirm without you following up or calling anybody there.
I'm evaluating my BSc as well for this same purpose.

If a Nigerian degree is there WAEC is constant k

For conversion WAEC would be required if it was not done before
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by raphrulz: 12:43pm On Oct 18, 2018
Ohh Eyaaa!!!. Anything Nigeria... all these people no dey trust again. too bad.

Tojued:

I know a instance exact same scenario (pension fund was just jara) and review was still triggered.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by sleekchic(f): 12:43pm On Oct 18, 2018
Ngezee29:

Please anyone how do i start the process of getting my transcript from OOU

You start by going to the school (PS)to apply for it, at least that's what I did. And while you're there be sure to pali with someone there that will help you follow up. Would have given you my contact but she is on a 4 week medical leave. All the best

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by Topsmamen: 12:49pm On Oct 18, 2018
Lol smiley
Tojued:

Man of the year grin
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by Xenyth(m): 12:53pm On Oct 18, 2018
I need advice on this. My wife is going be the PA. She started working in 2015 before finishing her Master in 2016. Can she claim the experience from 2015? The workplace document are intact.
Secondly, She had B Ed in History and MA Diplomatic History and teaches at a Primary school. What NOC can she choose..

(1) (2) (3) ... (443) (444) (445) (446) (447) (448) (449) ... (612)

Travelling To Canada Part 11 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.