Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,067 members, 7,814,680 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 05:24 PM

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 - Travel (54) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 (908177 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (51) (52) (53) (54) (55) (56) (57) ... (612) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by Claire40: 6:00am On Aug 10, 2018
Congrats. Hope he gets it at 1st try
adupif:
it is well. Just checked mine. First attempt(LRWS)
9,7.5,7,7.5(Band score 8 ). I am not the primary applicant(He is yet to write). is this score good please.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by Itsawonder: 6:03am On Aug 10, 2018
Daybour1:
1st IELTS 8.5, 6.0, 6.5, 7.0 LRWS
2nd IELTS (just saw result) 8.5, 6.0, 7.0, 8.0 LRWS.

I need not say how devastated I am over reading. What do you guys suggest please? Is there any hope reading will change to 7.0 if I apply for a remark?

See what the so called "minimum score" has caused. This IELTS is good to go if you get over 440 in CRS calculator.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by Zeewirld: 6:05am On Aug 10, 2018
Elfmannisback:

Nope!
. Thanks. Any idea of program that can fit into that timeline and still be suitable for 2 certs?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by Jadel03: 6:06am On Aug 10, 2018
Nope, 6.5 in writing can't get me an ITA except if it goes as low as 39something

Assuming i got a 7 i will be on 438 and a 7.5 I will be on 441.

Itsawonder:

What's your CRS with this IELTS score? It could get you an ITA
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by Nobody: 6:06am On Aug 10, 2018
Zeewirld:
. Thanks. Any idea of program that can fit into that timeline and still be suitable for 2 certs?
Nope.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by luffyhaki: 6:06am On Aug 10, 2018
Itsawonder:

See what the so called "minimum score" has caused. This IELTS is good to go if you get over 440 in CRS calculator.

Lol...Bros, I hear page 1 calling you.You cannot "wing" this express entry matter

7 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by Zeewirld: 6:09am On Aug 10, 2018
Jadel03:
Nope, 6.5 in writing can't get me an ITA except if it goes as low as 39something

Assuming i got a 7 i will be on 438 and a 7.5 I will be on 441.

. If married... Why not get your partner to write?

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by Zeewirld: 6:10am On Aug 10, 2018
Elfmannisback:

Nope.
. Thanks.. Lovely weekend is yours! Shalom
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by subuolaba: 6:14am On Aug 10, 2018
Grateful to God finally aced ielts on the 4th attempt (LRWS) 8.5, 9, 7, 7.5.

first 2 attempts with BC, 3rd was with MOD. consistently got 7.5 in listening in all first 3 attempts.

Finally with God's grace ve jumped this hurdle. patiently waiting for 22nd August draws.

Wishing everyone the best. keep pushing every hurdle would give way at some point.

67 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by Nobody: 6:16am On Aug 10, 2018
subuolaba:

first 2 attempts with BC, 3rd was with MOD. consistently got 7.5 in listening in all first 3 attempts.

Finally with God's grace ve jumped this hurdle. patiently waiting for 22nd August draws.

Wishing everyone the best. keep pushing every hurdle would give way at some point.

Congrats.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by Zeewirld: 6:16am On Aug 10, 2018
Compu001:
To be sincere, my problem is IELTS. I am scared to even register.
. Ehen....No need to register then,just pay for a bank draft and send to either BC or MOD......How can you be scared after spending "our family resources" on Certificate evaluation...
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by Zeewirld: 6:18am On Aug 10, 2018
subuolaba:

. Congratulations... Was the 4th attempt with BC or MOD?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by Nobody: 6:19am On Aug 10, 2018
subuolaba:

Congratulations! Was it BC at the 4th attempt? CRS score?

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by Nobody: 6:20am On Aug 10, 2018
Compu001:
To be sincere, my problem is IELTS. I am scared to even register.

Is there a particular reason you’re scared of the Ielts, maybe if you share you could get some answers.

It’s an easy english test passable with proper planning.

Share what the fear is, the folks here could help.

5 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by Daybour1: 6:22am On Aug 10, 2018
Hello guys, please I need help regarding Reading....as easy as it seems, I've had 6.0 in my 2 sittings....can anyone assist to profer solutions to this issue...I intend to write another IELTS soon. Thanks.

Daybour1:

I need not say how devastated I am over reading. What do you guys suggest please? Is there any hope reading will change to 7.0 if I apply for a remark?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by Zeewirld: 6:22am On Aug 10, 2018
teefinix:
Good morning.....
Will also need a remark...lwrs was 8,6.5,8.5,7.5.
Pls ao do one go abt requesting for a remark.
God bless

. With this your shorthand for So...... It is well ooo....Shalom
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by NanaF: 6:28am On Aug 10, 2018
Daybour1:

Use at most 25minutes for Section 1 and 2. For the Section 3, you need at least 30minutes. Use the last 5 minutes to go over your answers.
Practice, practice and keep practicing. Use ielts recent Cambridge books for reading practice and don’t stop practicing until you can score 40/40.

Read the question first before the passage so you already know what you’re looking for when you see it. That way if you have to go back to the passage again it will be skimming not proper reading.

Read the tips below from someone who scored a band 9 in reading
http://ieltsliz.com/how-i-scored-9-in-ielts-reading/

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by prost80(m): 6:31am On Aug 10, 2018
Hello All,

Please we need advice. My wife is the PA, we are waiting for her school to respond to WES for a month now no show(she has sent her transcripts and copies of her diploma and degree). She received her IELTS today LRWS 8,7,7,8 which after calculating is 443 but her birthday is middle of DEC, she is considering challenging her writing so if it is bumped to 7.5, we can get 446 so even if there is a 5 mark drop ...we will be OK. Please I will appreciate good advice
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by Daybour1: 6:37am On Aug 10, 2018
I appreciate your swift response. I'd work with this. Thanks alot

NanaF:

Use at most 25minutes for Section 1 and 2. For the Section 3, you need at least 30minutes. Use the last 5 minutes to go over your answers.
Practice, practice and keep practicing. Use ielts recent Cambridge books for reading practice and don’t stop practicing until you can score 40/40.

Read the question first before the passage so you already know what you’re looking for when you see it. That way if you have to go back to the passage again it will be skimming not proper reading.

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by Torkwase1(f): 6:37am On Aug 10, 2018
Finally, I've seen the IELTS that gave me sleepless nights
Listening- 9
Writing- 7.5
Reading- 8.5
Speaking- 8.0
It's my first take, and I was so worried because one senior applicant told me how he practiced like a hundred tests, meanwhile I hadn't done a fraction of that.
I also wrote my answers in all CAPITAL letters, except for Writing. When I told two of my friends who took the test too, they looked at me as if I've already failed.
Then I wasted so much time on my letter because I loved the topic, ended up not having time to structure the essay part and proofread before submitting.
It's been the longest two weeks of my life ! Thank God it ended in praise o, because I don't know where to get 75k to give British Council again.
Now waiting for WES on the 20th before diving into this our legendary pool !!!

86 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by Chinnie4Jesus: 6:38am On Aug 10, 2018
[quote author=Newmum0615 post=70077589]Nice. I spent exactly 1hr 30mins there. 8am to 9.30am and that was it. I was the only one submitting for PR as at the time I came.

Hi Newmum0615, please I would like to confirm the amount you paid at the VSF office. People that live in Lagos and will submit and collect their passports themselves, do they need to pay the courier fee of 8,050? Also, did you submit the vac consent form? Thanks for always being willing to lend a helping hand. cc@balogunsam
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by Compu001: 6:38am On Aug 10, 2018
Reasonabledoubt:

Is there a particular reason you’re scared of the Ielts, maybe if you share you could get some answers.

It’s an easy english test passable with proper planning.

Share what the fear is, the folks here could help.

Bros, I don't even know why I am scared. I just know that, whenever I hear of ielts, my heart beat will just increase.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by Compu001: 6:39am On Aug 10, 2018
Zeewirld:
. Ehen....No need to register then,just pay for a bank draft and send to either BC or MOD......How can you be scared after spending "our family resources" on Certificate evaluation...

Lool. But where I am, I can only register online and pick a date.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by prost80(m): 6:40am On Aug 10, 2018
NanaF:

For reading my first two attempts I got 7 and 6.5 respectively however my third and final attrmpt I got a 9 In reading . the key is in reading if you have a 4 or 3 essay, then it means your first 2 or 1 will be easy and your last 2 will be tough. So the first 2 u should only focus on the headings in bold and the first sentence of the paragraph is sufficient . u can check the last sentence of each paragraph too...after which go to the question s and answer 2 at a time.. Any question u have even a doubt asterick it but put ur probable answer in brackets and move on to the next 2 tough topic

Tip : learn the art of speed reading. It works. If u need more Info . ask. Reading is mainly your strategy

6 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by Nobody: 6:41am On Aug 10, 2018
prost80:
Hello All,

Please we need advice. My wife is the PA, we are waiting for her school to respond to WES for a month now no show(she has sent her transcripts and copies of her diploma and degree). She received her IELTS today LRWS 8,7,7,8 which after calculating is 443 but her birthday is middle of DEC, she is considering challenging her writing so if it is bumped to 7.5, we can get 446 so even if there is a 5 mark drop ...we will be OK. Please I will appreciate good advice
Don't ask for any remark. Instead, use that strength and money to make her institutions to respond to WES... Go and cry!

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by Nobody: 6:45am On Aug 10, 2018
Compu001:

Bros, I don't even know why I am scared. I just know that, whenever I hear of ielts, my heart beat will just increase.
Wow.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by Nobody: 6:47am On Aug 10, 2018
Compu001:

Let’s try something, take a practice test today, for listening, reading and writing. Google these, you’ll find them online.

After taking the test, when your heart is beating you will at least know the reason.

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by favouritedami: 6:57am On Aug 10, 2018
Jadel03:
Guys I am really sad

Listening: 8.5

Reading: 8

Writing: 6.5

Speaking : 8
Did you write with mod idp?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by subuolaba: 7:08am On Aug 10, 2018
4th attempt was with BC. CRS 458.

12 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by Ifeoma77(f): 7:08am On Aug 10, 2018
prost80:
Hello All,

it's a gamble that might pay off. But I think it'll be unnecessary. You have over 3 months before December. Go and put fire under the school, if email verification is wasting time, do hard copy. You should have your ECA long before the end of September. Once ITA is received, the birthday won't change anything.
You can do the remark, maybe as plan B. But don't apply for it immediately, you have 6 weeks right? Within this time try your absolute best to get the verification done, if its still not done by the 5th week, then apply for remark

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by Newmum0615: 7:10am On Aug 10, 2018
14,350 per passport. If you are collecting them yourself, no need for courier fee. I filled the VAC form. [quote author=Chinnie4Jesus post=70145852][/quote]

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by Ifeoma77(f): 7:13am On Aug 10, 2018
Congrats to all who aced IELTS. I think it's safe to say Nigerians have conquered 'Listening', let's put the spotlight on 'writing' now, it's becoming a matter of national importance.
To all those who didn't get the desired results, don't even think about giving up! Remark, read, practice, pray, hope, try and try again
It'll end in praise

21 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (51) (52) (53) (54) (55) (56) (57) ... (612)

Travelling To Canada Part 11 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.