Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,115 members, 7,814,915 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 11:17 PM

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 - Travel (55) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 (908247 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (52) (53) (54) (55) (56) (57) (58) ... (612) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by Tojued: 7:21am On Aug 10, 2018
Mummychichi:
1st

It will end in praise.

Really sorry about this mummychi. I was silently rooting for you. It will end in praise.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by Tojued: 7:27am On Aug 10, 2018
Itsawonder:

What's your CRS with this IELTS score? It could get you an ITA

My dear no one can get ITA with less than 8777 unless they have job offer, canadian education, Canadian work experience, pnp etc.

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by Tojued: 7:30am On Aug 10, 2018
Daybour1:
Hello guys, please I need help regarding Reading....as easy as it seems, I've had 6.0 in my 2 sittings....can anyone assist to profer solutions to this issue...I intend to write another IELTS soon. Thanks.

Start reading in your daily life. Foreign newspapers, technical articles related to your field of work, novels. It will increase your comprehension and reading speed.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by Newmum0615: 7:31am On Aug 10, 2018
I don't understand why he/she keeps arguing about this thing. Una get strength to dey answer sha.
Tojued:

My dear no one can get ITA with less than 8777 unless they have job offer, canadian education, Canadian work experience, pnp etc.

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by Tojued: 7:32am On Aug 10, 2018
prost80:
Hello All,

Please we need advice. My wife is the PA, we are waiting for her school to respond to WES for a month now no show(she has sent her transcripts and copies of her diploma and degree). She received her IELTS today LRWS 8,7,7,8 which after calculating is 443 but her birthday is middle of DEC, she is considering challenging her writing so if it is bumped to 7.5, we can get 446 so even if there is a 5 mark drop ...we will be OK. Please I will appreciate good advice

Yes there's enough time for a remark. Even if wes 20 days starts counting from today EOR will come out same time with ECA.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by Tojued: 7:34am On Aug 10, 2018
Compu001:

Bros, I don't even know why I am scared. I just know that, whenever I hear of ielts, my heart beat will just increase.

Cowards die a thousand deaths and I'm sure you're not a coward. Register for your ielts already.

9 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by Tojued: 7:38am On Aug 10, 2018
Newmum0615:
I don't understand why he/she keeps arguing about this thing. Una get strength to dey answer sha.

Lol I'm not very good with monikers. Wasn't aware it was a repeat offender. Good morning smiley
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by Sthill5: 7:49am On Aug 10, 2018
Tojued:

Cowards die a thousand deaths and I'm sure you're not a coward. Register for your ielts already.

If this doesn't get him to register for Ielts, I don't know what will lol
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by Compu001: 7:58am On Aug 10, 2018
Reasonabledoubt:

Let’s try something, take a practice test today, for listening, reading and writing. Google these, you’ll find them online.

After taking the test, when your heart is beating you will at least know the reason.

OH OK. I will try that later today. Thanks for the heads up
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by mizdams(f): 7:59am On Aug 10, 2018
Good morning house, please I would like to ask does ICES evaluate a masters certificate from national open university as equivalent to a Canadian masters? Thank you.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by Nobody: 8:08am On Aug 10, 2018
mizdams:
Good morning house, please I would like to ask does ICES evaluate a masters certificate from national open university as equivalent to a Canadian masters? Thank you.
Be the first to know.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by jholarharde(f): 8:08am On Aug 10, 2018
@mummychichi, jadel03 and others don't give up, that feeling of 0.5 doing you strong thing can't be properly put the into words. Set your eyes on the price. it will end well. congratulations to all those who aced IELTS, especially the first time writers. wish y'all the best

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by JumzieBabyy: 8:13am On Aug 10, 2018
dchamps:
Thanks. I requested on the 23rd I've been worried not hearing from them. Hoping for a favourable outcome.

Just keep checking the result portal online and email box.

Wishing you a favourable outcome as well.

Cheers.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by joo2018: 8:13am On Aug 10, 2018
Yes, you can.
Feezeel:
Congrats QuantumK. Is it actually possible paying RPRF much later? Or must it be at the point of submission of application?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by tholuwalorpe: 8:17am On Aug 10, 2018
safex:
Oluwa jowo jeki nri temi she ni abala karun yi. Jeki ngbegba ope. Jeki awon eniyan parapo bami yin O logo. Oluwa gbo, Oluwa she. Koribee ko she bee. Amin

You may not understand that Hannah-like prayers written in mother's tongue, but just say amen.
Amin Jesu!.....Ati emi naa loruko Jesu!

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by joo2018: 8:19am On Aug 10, 2018
Lots of not so desired results today. Let's keep our heads up and look for options. Remarking, rewriting and where not realistic again, let's look at PNP.

Let's keep the dream alive!

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by dbaba83: 8:20am On Aug 10, 2018
NANA F , please can you share the Cambridge material or link for reading
thanks alot
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by AdaZion2018: 8:21am On Aug 10, 2018
Compu001:

Bros, I don't even know why I am scared. I just know that, whenever I hear of ielts, my heart beat will just increase.

Sorry I'm laughing but this is funny. cheesy haven't you written any exam in your life before? Ielts is not that serious o well in terms of difficulty. What scares people is the effect it has on their crs scores and the stress of having to write it again. You know it's a hurdle to jump to get to the next step so it can be frustrating when you don't get your desired score.

Just relax you'll be fine. People who have gone before us keep saying this journey is not for the faint hearted o. It's for the resilient, determined, focused and patient people o. Else see HBP dey call your blood for front.

Good morning everyone.

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by extraterestrial: 8:22am On Aug 10, 2018
Torkwase1:
Finally, I've seen the IELTS that gave me sleepless nights
Listening- 9
Writing- 7.5
Reading- 8.5
Speaking- 8.0
It's my first take, and I was so worried because one senior applicant told me how he practiced like a hundred tests, meanwhile I hadn't done a fraction of that.
I also wrote my answers in all CAPITAL letters, except for Writing. When I told two of my friends who took the test too, they looked at me as if I've already failed.
Then I wasted so much time on my letter because I loved the topic, ended up not having time to structure the essay part and proofread before submitting.
It's been the longest two weeks of my life ! Thank God it ended in praise o, because I don't know where to get 75k to give British Council again.
Now waiting for WES on the 20th before diving into this our legendary pool !!!
Congrats I remember I also wrote all my answers in capital letters and had the same scare. I scaled through as well.

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by AdaZion2018: 8:24am On Aug 10, 2018
dbaba83:
NANA F , please can you share the Cambridge material or link for reading
thanks alot

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B05iKVGb4P60TjMwYlQwbDBGNWs?usp=sharing

There you go.

2 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by dumsydsassy1: 8:24am On Aug 10, 2018
Elfmannisback:

Don't ask for any remark. Instead, use that strength and money to make her institutions to respond to WES... Go and cry!

This though! lol..
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by Kwado87: 8:25am On Aug 10, 2018
DONT FALL INTO THE TRAP OF COMPLAINING.

For those that have been held down by either IELTS, WES, IQAS, ITA or any other chain....... See this period as your midnight season. The ONLY thing that will bring your morning when your joy will be full is PRAISE!! Ask Paul & Silas...... Praise is what qualifies you for more( 6.5 to 7, 7.5 to cool...Acknowledge Him for your present scores and He will elevate you( either through remarking or rewriting)

Praise God for the scores you have today and suddenly the chains of IELTS will be broken.....
DONT GIVE UP..... DONT GIVE UP... DONT GIVE UP...

IF YOU QUIT NOW, EVEN GOD CANNOT HELP YOU....

NB
For it to end in praise, we must live and continue to praise irrespective of the ups and downs.

We shall all make it..... NOTHING WILL RESTRAIN US..

44 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by dumsydsassy1: 8:26am On Aug 10, 2018
Well said. It is well @mummychichi and jadel03 et al, it MUST end in praise.

jholarharde:
@mummychichi, jadel03 and others don't give up, that feeling of 0.5 doing you strong thing can't be properly put the into words. Set your eyes on the price. it will end well. congratulations to all those who aced IELTS, especially the first time writers. wish y'all the best

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by Nobody: 8:32am On Aug 10, 2018
Daybour1:
Hello guys, please I need help regarding Reading....as easy as it seems, I've had 6.0 in my 2 sittings....can anyone assist to profer solutions to this issue...I intend to write another IELTS soon. Thanks.

Reading seems to be the easiest, you can score 8 if you practice really well take my word for it. If you're a regular English language user,the following tips might help.
Learn to skim through reading passage to have a general or vague idea of the passage.
Learn to scan through reading passage for a particular point or it's synonyms.
Know your synonyms and antonyms.
Improve your reading speed.

For tips 1,2 and 4, you could search Google for answers.

But, if you're not much of English speaker, you need to learn English Language, also free courses online for this. I came across one on coursera.org or udx or ... Just use Google. Doing this may take you 3 to 6 months.

From your previous scores though, you appear to be a regular user, so use tips 1 to 4 above.

Getting partners could also help.

Good luck
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by DEEE573(m): 8:42am On Aug 10, 2018
Hello All,

Congrats to all who made their IELTs, I am expecting my result on 15th...i believe it will be better than the first.

Pls is there any suggestions about this issue with OOU verification...Prost80[color=#990000][/color] have you found any fix. Abeg make person advice me abeg, because i don taya for this school to & fro.

Advice: Make una careful the kind school una send una children to so that de no go suffer this kind issue.

IT WILL ALL END IN PRAISE OOO

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by NanaF: 8:51am On Aug 10, 2018
Has anyone who wrote with MOD seen their result online?

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by ans123: 8:56am On Aug 10, 2018
Not only is it good, it's fantastic!!!

adupif:
it is well. Just checked mine. First attempt(LRWS)
9,7.5,7,7.5(Band score 8 ). I am not the primary applicant(He is yet to write). is this score good please.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by Nobody: 8:57am On Aug 10, 2018
Good day people. My heart goes out to those who are having one challenge or the other in this journey; and to those having their expectations met, I'm happy for you. We shall all laugh! Just believe!
I would like to know if anyone has used ICES to evaluate Nigerian school of nursing Diploma, RN, I learnt IQAS takes 20 weeks(but positive evaluation), while ICES, 10 weeks (haven't read anyone used them). I want to know RN equivalence to Canadian education using ICES. Thanks peeps.
cc elfmannisback, Vickyehi, chizinnie

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by mhoreh: 8:58am On Aug 10, 2018
prost80:
Hello All,

Please we need advice. My wife is the PA, we are waiting for her school to respond to WES for a month now no show(she has sent her transcripts and copies of her diploma and degree). She received her IELTS today LRWS 8,7,7,8 which after calculating is 443 but her birthday is middle of DEC, she is considering challenging her writing so if it is bumped to 7.5, we can get 446 so even if there is a 5 mark drop ...we will be OK. Please I will appreciate good advice

Bro did you write IELTS? If NO please do so while waiting for WES, it can boost your score tremendously. I will say instead of remark, just write the exam. The remark might come out just the same but at least if you do averagely well, your score will be boosted
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by Jadel03: 8:59am On Aug 10, 2018
I wrote with British Council

favouritedami:

Did you write with mod idp?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by favouritedami: 9:00am On Aug 10, 2018
Please what's the difference between academic and general test for ielts?

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by Newmum0615: 9:00am On Aug 10, 2018
Lol. Good morning.
Tojued:

Lol I'm not very good with monikers. Wasn't aware it was a repeat offender. Good morning smiley

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (52) (53) (54) (55) (56) (57) (58) ... (612)

Travelling To Canada Part 11 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.