Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,610 members, 7,813,000 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 03:16 AM

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 - Travel (541) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 (907702 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (538) (539) (540) (541) (542) (543) (544) ... (612) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by Nobody: 7:57am On Nov 05, 2018
RedDoor:
Hello guys is it necessary that the police

clearance certificate must be from CID Ikoyi

(address on CIC) what if I get police clearance

from CID in my state?

Sure, why not? You can get from your state police but they will still send down to Ikoyi CID because thats the only body approved for it in Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by gbengaolu360: 7:58am On Nov 05, 2018
First trip was in 2011 and second trip was early this year. total is 6 months 2 days. Since I made the trip twice , I thought there was no need. I dont know how they will calculate it.

iPopAlomo:

Precisely... what months were in China... example... March to August...

That's how you'll know if you'll require a Chinese PCC...
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by Ogamazi001(m): 8:01am On Nov 05, 2018
Good morning friends. Please can one use phone scanner to scan documents for this EE purpose?

All November 10th test takers be reassured that our God is the God of all flesh and there's nothing TOO DIFFICULT for Him to do. We will all rejoice this time around by His grace and mercy.

Have you gotten email for your speaking test yet? I've with MOD.

Let me be the first to say congratulations to all Nov 10th test takers.

13 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by Nobody: 8:01am On Nov 05, 2018
Obeetee:
Good morning all..Good work from this thread helping people out with applications.I am the principal applicant and have gotten all documents ready but there is a little snag.My spouse who works with one of the banks in Nigeria has found it difficult to get a job reference letter in IRCC format..pre-ITA I entered her job history as accounts officer.I have looked at page 1 of this thread and some of the requirements in this scenario are difficult to get.. Currently she has her letter of employment and pay stubs since last year may from when she was employed till date..Their HR offered to write a letter of introduction addressing it to the Canadian embassy and probably state her designation in the bank but will not outline her duties nor her annual salary.We initially intended to upload the employment letter,pay stubs/bank account statements showing monthly salary and even a picture of her at work and also the letter from HR though not in IRCC format.
I wanted to know if we are in order...is there any other thing that should be done?We didn't use her job experience to claim points pre-ITA but since we filled it we just have to provide evidence..Please help a brother .Thanks

Move her job experience to personal history since you aint claiming points for it. once thats done, the placeholder will disappear and you can go ahead.
Dont bother to sweat your head too much.
All the best.

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by Nobody: 8:05am On Nov 05, 2018
gbengaolu360:
First trip was in 2011 and second trip was early this year. total is 6 months 2 days. Since I made the trip twice , I thought there was no need. I dont know how they will calculate it.

Once its not a stay of six straight months, dont bother with PCC of that country. All the best.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by wasseynewest: 8:06am On Nov 05, 2018
I believe this us a much better option. Declining could be very very risky as rightly said.
iPopAlomo:

Don't decline... Just start over the whole process...

There's a start over button just above your profile... once you decline it might take up to a year to get ITA back...
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by Nowujeda(m): 8:07am On Nov 05, 2018
Yeuniecesir:
Is there no one that wishes to send Waec scratch card to WES? Hoping to get mine done this morning
You didn't follow up the thread yesterday. I volunteered to send scratch cards today and I'm already in WAEC office. If you can swiftly message me on whatsapp, maybe I can include yours. Zero Eight Zero Six One One Nine Six Three Eight Eight.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by nomad26: 8:09am On Nov 05, 2018
According to the application guidelines, when you are filling your post-ITA application, the system will not ask you for a PCC from China because you didn't stay 6 months in a row at any time.
However, based on past experiences from some people, there is a high likelihood that your case officer will request that you provide the PCC from China.
Now you have two options: if you want to be proactive, you can go ahead, get the PCC now and submit it with your post-ITA application OR you can wait until/if you receive ADR to submit it later.
Ogamazi001:
Good morning friends. Please can one use phone scanner to scan documents for this EE purpose?

All November 10th test takers be reassured that our God is the God of all flesh and there's nothing TOO DIFFICULT for Him to do. We will all rejoice this time around by His grace and mercy.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by Tojued: 8:15am On Nov 05, 2018
DonTee07:

Its a France Application. Yea, they said its the rule but why not inform people?

They should put a caveat or something on their website to guide people accordingly. Its unfair that its at the point of submission that one will be told such. Luckily my children dont need it, I can imagine the stress if I had gone with my whole battalion.

Time is money my brother and such info saves time and money by extension. May God help us in this country cos the see Finish is appalling.

I agree with you that it should be explicitly stated. But as usual, anything goes once it comes to Nigeria and visa. Because no matter how illogical or exploitative the system is we'll still apply for visas lol.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by akintunde63: 8:18am On Nov 05, 2018
ojsamuel:
ICES doesn't accept SOR? This is a strong something o.

ICES accepts statement of result. I can authoritatively confirm this.
Scan a copy to them for review, they will reply within 24 HOURS

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by akintunde63: 8:24am On Nov 05, 2018
[quote author=Debsify post=72644017] I actually saw a post here where someone said ICES accepts statement of degree results if I'm not mistaking...[/quote

No mistake, they accepted mine, because it contained all need vital information they needed. I can't speak for those issued by other schools, just scan a copy to them and ask if they will accept it, that is to be on the safe side and not waste 200CAD. They usually reply to emails within 24 hours max

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by Nobody: 8:44am On Nov 05, 2018
How do I join in pls? i need two slots for my husband and I. Thanks
Nowujeda:

As suggested by @Jasmine17, I'm gathering the contacts of those who will be interested.

Interested fellows should contact me asap, as I will be buying both WAEC and NECO scratch cards on Monday due to the possible labour strike that has been planned to commense on Tuesday.

Unfailingly, all scratch cards would be sent to WES via courier on Tuesday.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by Nobody: 8:46am On Nov 05, 2018
How do we send a PM mbok?
Nowujeda:

Send me a PM please
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by smslive2: 8:50am On Nov 05, 2018
Please let us becareful when giving information on the thread. The bolded below is incorrect
iPopAlomo:

There's a start over button just above your profile... once you decline it might take up to a year to get ITA back...

12 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by joo2018: 8:51am On Nov 05, 2018
Incorrect.
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/express-entry/submit-profile/respond-invitation.html

@titilola88
@wasseynewest
iPopAlomo:

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by gracelevel: 9:05am On Nov 05, 2018
Gracemama:
For people that used IJMB as direct entry, if u can avoid using it(i.e you have masters) it’s better if not contact the IJMB office in ABU to send ur cert. you will have to pay for fedex thou for sending the cert and verification.
NOTE: IJMB is not evaluated as a second cert but Wes insisted on having it to evaluate BSC cert.

please can you help with any Zaria contact?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by mia21: 9:08am On Nov 05, 2018
Good morning guys, pls can someone send me the link for the watsapp group. If there's one. I would really appreciate it. Thank you.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by Expectantbee: 9:11am On Nov 05, 2018
Ogamazi001:

I used CamScanner on my phone for my documents and I didn’t have any issues at all.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by Nobody: 9:11am On Nov 05, 2018
iPopAlomo:

With all due respect, you're wrong on that. As long as your score is intact you can get ITA few days after you decline an invitation. I personally declined two ITAs before I applied for PR.

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by Newmum0615: 9:12am On Nov 05, 2018
Na wa o. When you have various online pdf tools that can easily merge, compress, rotate and do all sorts with your docs. Don't go and submit blurred documents because of oversharpness o.
Majesticniyi:

What I did was this...I took a screenshot of all the pdfs, inserted and arranged them in a Word document and saved the document as a pdf

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by Nobody: 9:18am On Nov 05, 2018
mia21:
Good morning guys, pls can someone send me the link for the watsapp group. If there's one. I would really appreciate it. Thank you.

Kindly send me the link for the whatsapp group too...
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by Yemsot: 9:28am On Nov 05, 2018
wasseynewest:
I think the major thing is for your work experience to be up to 3yrs and most advisable you get reference(s)
from d most recent. Especially in this ur case, if d employer is ur former coy and u think u've got others to make up for it(including d most recent) to make it atleast 3yrs, then you good to go.

Thanks
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by subtleprincess: 9:34am On Nov 05, 2018
Please can you include me?

Nowujeda:

As suggested by @Jasmine17, I'm gathering the contacts of those who will be interested.

Interested fellows should contact me asap, as I will be buying both WAEC and NECO scratch cards on Monday
due to the possible labour strike that has been planned to commense on Tuesday.

Unfailingly, all scratch cards would be sent to WES via courier on Tuesday.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by Debsify: 9:39am On Nov 05, 2018
[quote author=akintunde63 post=72693529][/quote]OK thanks, sent them an email of the scanned SOR on Friday, so I'm hoping it gets accepted, because I've paid already.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by drcynthia(f): 9:45am On Nov 05, 2018
Newmum0615:
Na wa o. When you have various online pdf tools that can easily merge, compress, rotate and do all sorts with your docs. Don't go and submit blurred documents because of oversharpness o.
my thoughts exactly
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by Yemsot: 9:48am On Nov 05, 2018
Another question guys,

Does my work experience have to match with the degree obtained?
For example, someone who graduated with a degree in microbiology and working as a cashier in a bank.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by drcynthia(f): 9:57am On Nov 05, 2018
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by amobola: 10:04am On Nov 05, 2018
[quote author=Bettybeauty post=72632408][/quote]

Kindly send me the contact. Thanks
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by smslive2: 10:06am On Nov 05, 2018
Why do people give wrong information with so much confidence on this thread?? If you must advise people, kindly put a CAVEAT like *I think*, *I Believe* or *Not Sure*
No one knows it all and there is no shame if you are no sure about something. This is people's future, don't RUIN it in the process of HELPING

18 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by Obeetee: 10:08am On Nov 05, 2018
I did fill it in express entry.can the placeholder still disappear if I delete it from the post ITA form?

Move her job experience to personal history since you aint claiming points for it. once thats done, the placeholder will disappear and you can go ahead.
Dont bother to sweat your head too much.
All the best.[/quote]
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by Nobody: 10:14am On Nov 05, 2018
drcynthia:
yes it ought to match....except you have a master's in related field....banking and finance.
Are you sure of this? Bcoz I know of someone who studied law but was a marketer in a bank b4 PR

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by Newmum0615: 10:18am On Nov 05, 2018
You say?
drcynthia:
yes it ought to match....except you have a master's in related field....banking and finance.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (538) (539) (540) (541) (542) (543) (544) ... (612)

Travelling To Canada Part 11 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.