Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,616 members, 7,813,030 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 05:02 AM

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 - Travel (539) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 (907732 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (536) (537) (538) (539) (540) (541) (542) ... (612) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by illusory: 5:39pm On Nov 04, 2018
Hello everyone. And well done to all those assisting with advice and procedure. I have been following this thread and the required steps. I followed all the steps listed in previous post regarding NECO verification from WES. Paid 1k via remita. Submitted everything at NECO office Ilupeju, including the 17k for courier and all that and had it sent from NECO directly. But have received this message from WES regarding NECO verification:

"Reason: WES received your document, but it was not sent directly from your academic institution. WES requires your institution to send academic documents directly to WES.

Instructions: Please ask your academic institution to send your document to WES in a sealed envelope that is signed or stamped across the back flap by the appropriate official. If you have already contacted your institution, no action is necessary at this time."

I called them and the agent agreed that something wasn't right and that I should complete a contact us form. I have now received a reply email saying:

"Please carefully review the required documents for Nigeria. WES requires Final Secondary Examinations results be submitted directly to WES by the appropriate examining body."

Now I'm wondering what to do from here. Should I ask my secondary school to send the result or ask NECO to resend it and pay another 17k for courier?

Thanks.

1 Like 3 Shares

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by Nobody: 5:41pm On Nov 04, 2018
drcynthia:

All you need is letter of reference from both places....HJ and NYSC. No need for payslip and others...the letter of reference should just have the necessary details, job description, job duration, salary per annum. Basically....u can PM so I send us a sample .

Kindly send the sample to me too please

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by candyce(f): 5:50pm On Nov 04, 2018
Well I didn't know she could apply as single. Fine then.
Godisincontrol:

If she meets the requirements for express entry she can apply under express entry and her scores will be calculated as single. Find screenshot below

cc : RedDoor
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by drcynthia(f): 5:55pm On Nov 04, 2018
Annybens1993:

Kindly send the sample to me too please
send a pm
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by Jasmine17(m): 5:59pm On Nov 04, 2018
illusory:
Hello everyone. And well done to all those assisting with advice and procedure. I have been following this thread and the required steps. I followed all the steps listed in previous post regarding NECO verification from WES. Paid 1k via remita. Submitted everything at NECO office Ilupeju, including the 17k for courier and all that and had it sent from NECO directly. But have received this message from WES regarding NECO verification:

"Reason: WES received your document, but it was not sent directly from your academic institution. WES requires your institution to send academic documents directly to WES.

Instructions: Please ask your academic institution to send your document to WES in a sealed envelope that is signed or stamped across the back flap by the appropriate official. If you have already contacted your institution, no action is necessary at this time."

I called them and the agent agreed that something wasn't right and that I should complete a contact us form. I have now received a reply email saying:

"Please carefully review the required documents for Nigeria. WES requires Final Secondary Examinations results be submitted directly to WES by the appropriate examining body."

Now I'm wondering what to do from here. Should I ask my secondary school to send the result or ask NECO to resend it and pay another 17k for courier?

Thanks.

Did you send you NECO certificate to WES alongside your other certificates initially?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by orenishii: 6:10pm On Nov 04, 2018
DrMrsCK:

Thank you. I already have both reference letters. I was just wondering what I will do if I am asked for additional documents to back the nysc up. Thank you.

For Nysc, to give you some peace of mind, you could also attach the bank statement reflecting payments of the allawee by FG. You can then do an LOE explaining the other payments from your PPA. That's what I did. I think Glitteringstar2 did something like that.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by illusory: 6:20pm On Nov 04, 2018
illusory:

Thanks.

Jasmine17:

Did you send you NECO certificate to WES alongside your other certificates initially?

No. I am verifying MSc and at the time, I started, the required documents just said degree certificate, academic transcript and Final secondary school result from the examining body. So I did exactly that. In fact I am still waiting for the further verification from Unilag...
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by Jasmine17(m): 6:23pm On Nov 04, 2018
illusory:

No. I am verifying MSc and at the time, I started, the required documents just said degree certificate, academic transcript and Final secondary school result from the examining body. So I did exactly that. In fact I am still waiting for the further verification from Unilag...

You answered yes and no at the same time. OGA, what documents did you send or fax to WES initially.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by illusory: 6:32pm On Nov 04, 2018
Jasmine17:

You answered yes and no at the same time. OGA, what documents did you send or fax to WES initially.

To clarify, I sent:

MSc certificate by myself.
MSc transcript from Unilag.
NECO result from NECO office Ilupeju (as per instructions in previous posts).

This was exactly what the WES required documentation list asked for...

Thanks again.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by Jasmine17(m): 6:35pm On Nov 04, 2018
illusory:

To clarify, I sent:

Thanks again.

Ok. If you are sure your NECO result was not part of what you faxto WES, then you need to visit NECO office again.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by jmnsimone(f): 6:38pm On Nov 04, 2018
illusory:

Please do you have a link for unilag verification?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by illusory: 6:46pm On Nov 04, 2018
Jasmine17:

Ok. If you are sure your NECO result was not part of what you fax to WES, then you need to visit NECO office again.

Ok. Thank you. And yes, I am very sure! I'm just wondering if NECO didn't do it right the first time, what's the guarantee they will do it right a second time plus another 17k for courier. And scratch card has entered now...
jmnsimone:

Please do you have a link for unilag verification?
No. I am not on ground right now, so I have someone pursuing it. Yet to see how that pans out...
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by Elektra008(f): 7:27pm On Nov 04, 2018
Yakay:

I don't know about your Bank in particular, but in some banks, Customer service officers also do sales, some are called Personal banking officers...so it depends ,don't just look at the title that fits yours "Financial customer service" alone, look through 1114 and 6235, you might see two or three other functions you perform as a CSR.

Thank you so much for this.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by Mummychichi: 7:28pm On Nov 04, 2018
illusory:

To clarify, I sent:

Thanks again.

I think NECO is not doing it right. If I remember correctly, you're the second person complaining of this. I think you should go there and let them know how it should be done. Kpele.

But I really do not understand WES and verifications. Schools and WAEC send transcript and certificate to you directly and you're still verifying from them. Is it that they don't trust what is sent to them? Why can't the student send the WAEC/NECO certificate along with a scratch card?

Abeg if you can, avoid WES.

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by Christine77: 7:29pm On Nov 04, 2018
Livy2018:
You may send me a pm.

Thank you
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by prost80(m): 7:30pm On Nov 04, 2018
Hello All,

Thanks for the updates. Please I have a question. If during one's stay in the UK, i overstayed my visa by by over do i have to include it.

Also during the filling and uploading of documents, I noticed no place , where IELTS is requested , and ECA. They only ask for Education and degrees
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by Yeuniecesir: 7:52pm On Nov 04, 2018
Mummychichi:

I think NECO is not doing it right. If I remember correctly, you're the second person complaining of this. I think you should go there and let them know how it should be done. Kpele.

But I really do not understand WES and verifications. Schools and WAEC send transcript and certificate to you directly and you're still verifying from them. Is it that they don't trust what is sent to them? Why can't the student send the WAEC/NECO certificate along with a scratch card?

I dont blame WES. When president has two different waec results what do you expect.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by smslive2: 8:09pm On Nov 04, 2018
Baba, we should be asking you oo... we noticed that too, we thought the decision to deactivate the account was concluded at the oza room
justwise:
@All

What happened to GlitteringStar? Noticed that the account has been deactivated

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by Nowujeda(m): 8:10pm On Nov 04, 2018
Mummychichi:

With this new development, I feel we need to know the actual problem WES has with WAEC and NECO.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by drcynthia(f): 8:16pm On Nov 04, 2018
prost80:
Hello All,

Thanks for the updates. Please I have a question. If during one's stay in the UK, i overstayed my visa by by over do i have to include it.

Also during the filling and uploading of documents, I noticed no place , where IELTS is requested , and ECA. They only ask for Education and degrees
*Also during the filling and uploading of documents, I noticed no place , where IELTS is requested , and ECA. They only ask for Education and degrees* merge these three docs and upload in the education and degree folder. U can download "I love PDF" and use it to merge the files....it should not be more than 4mb the merged file

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by raspberry88: 8:18pm On Nov 04, 2018
Debsify:
PM me asap, I have someone who did mine in less than a month, and it has gotten to WES today, awaiting verification now.

@Debsify I just sent you a Pm. Thank you so much.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by wasseynewest: 8:33pm On Nov 04, 2018
CONGRATULATIONS!!!
AmeComplique:
Congratulations!!! I dey your back!!!��

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by Yeuniecesir: 8:45pm On Nov 04, 2018
Please house am interested in the groupd that wants to send scratch card to WES on tuesday. How do i join. Is there a number i can send a whatsapp message
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by Nobody: 9:05pm On Nov 04, 2018
Nowujeda:

With this new development, I feel we need to know the actual problem WES has with WAEC and NECO.
Why do they need O'level in the first place? If you don't need to use WES, back off. Not that it is required to get points like Asọ rock needs it.

People think ECA is WES, WES is ECA. If not why choose them in the first place? Two people have said they did not know, so what formed our decision to use WES with all these wahala?

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by Nobody: 9:31pm On Nov 04, 2018
candyce:
I don't think you're qualified for the EE route because your husband is a Canadian. Sorry you have to be patient no matter how long the processing time for spousal sponsorship.

Are you sure about this? If she has all qualifications, I believe she can do EE despite her spouse being a citizen of Canada.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by Nobody: 9:51pm On Nov 04, 2018
Whew! I'm up to date now. It's not easy reading pages to catch up.
Okay, back to my rant I wanted to give.

A couple of weeks back, I and my spouse wanted to submit an app and do biometrics. We went to Abuja VFS and to our surprise, we were turned back and told to go submit in Lagos. They further said...any applicant from South South, South East etc MUST submit in Lagos.

I insisted on seeing the Manager, expressed my displeasure and asked why this development wasn't on their website to guide people accordingly. He just apologised and told us, it's directive from the embassy.

I dont know if its just me but the members-of-staff at VFS are extremely rude...even to the gateman.

Also....who knows, they might want to introduce same measure for Canada biometrics....

Peeps coming from outside Lagos or Abuja to submit should call them to ascertain they wont be turned back.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by FaskRolce: 9:58pm On Nov 04, 2018
Expectantbee:

Thanks for your response. Someone just sent this to me
shocked shocked shocked
This country don tire me!
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by jmnsimone(f): 10:13pm On Nov 04, 2018
Hi!

I just sent you a message about your contact - please share.

harry41:
Hello, I was on this stage for over a month. I advise you ask WES when they resent the mail to unilag. they might not oblige you with that information too cause they are very inflexible. I got to know when they resent the mail to unilag when I got another mail from wes about verification. With that information you can inform unilag of the date and they will respond accordingly. I have a contact who assisted me. PM for contact details

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by jmnsimone(f): 10:19pm On Nov 04, 2018
Hi!

Could you please share your contact? I'm stuck on this stage too

wisdom77:

If you are yet to get a Unilag contact DM me, I have someone that helped me at this stage.

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by Harmokhey: 10:22pm On Nov 04, 2018
illusory:

To clarify, I sent:

Thanks again.

Please how can I get my transcript at Unilag...... Thanks in anticipation
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by Yemsot: 10:22pm On Nov 04, 2018
Yeuniecesir:
For those that are yet to go to Waec office for their result to be sent to WES. Id advice they buy scratch card and write deir ref no at the back and give it to waec to include it in the result they would send to Wes so as to save time and cost.

Can we actually do that? Will sending scratch card to WES replace the verification they do with the examination body?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by Expectantbee: 10:24pm On Nov 04, 2018
FaskRolce:

shocked shocked shocked
This country don tire me!

No be only you o. Shay that’s why we’re here? smiley

(1) (2) (3) ... (536) (537) (538) (539) (540) (541) (542) ... (612)

Travelling To Canada Part 11 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.