Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,706 members, 7,816,897 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:44 PM

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 - Travel (598) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 (909181 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (595) (596) (597) (598) (599) (600) (601) ... (612) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by cutieplum(f): 4:53pm On Nov 11, 2018
Thanks dear. Yes, it's the useless estimated billing system and they also claim it's about the area we live in. It really sucks cos they have deliberately refused to get us pre-paid metres. You pay about same too? Thank God you've been liberated, from this, I wish you all the very best in your new home.
stonecoldcafe:

Nor be small thing oh! I pay around your figure myself. Poster must either be using estimated billing system or its the area she resides.
In anycase, @cutieplum, we rejoice with your testimony. Your PPR testimony is closer than you think. Hang in there
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by Hephgirl: 5:20pm On Nov 11, 2018
fmsimple:

WES is not the same as ECA!
WES is overrated (given the experience of many including myself)
Try other evaluating organizations for your ECA and save yourself the nightmare of WES.
Only WES if other approved evaluating bodies won't do your credentials.
Only WES if you like troubles, disappointment and scapegoating.

I agree with u
But if u are going to need license to work in Canada check their requirements o. Cos if it's wes the licensing body recognizes alone... Then just do wes
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by Ramj: 5:26pm On Nov 11, 2018
Eddy4400:

Ohh I can see you..not revealing my identity just yet. grin
Lol I saw this post after you shook my hand on your way out.
lol funny you.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by Ramj: 6:31pm On Nov 11, 2018
@ melaninpopping, fabmummy, jenbaks, Nazor83, wasseynewest, gook, aworldcitizen, Cuteaidomo, akinlad

Just soo good to be Reading all these sweet PPR and IELTS breakthrough stories

My sickness sef jump commot...

Je m'appelle SWEETStories

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by venorite(m): 7:00pm On Nov 11, 2018
Considering that we won’t be married when I land by the grace of God, i want to know my fate.
DonTee07:

Why not wait till that time and not get worried unnecessarily ?
Continue your process as a single applicant. If you get married before your PPR or after, you will notify them.

There might be a small delay but they will add her into your application but if its after you've left Nigeria...you will need to sponsor her or she put in her own EE application. All the best.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by Nobody: 7:03pm On Nov 11, 2018
venorite:
Considering that we won’t be married when I land by the grace of God, i want to know my fate.
That means you will opt for spousal sponsorship which might take a year or more to be finalised
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by Yemsot: 7:10pm On Nov 11, 2018
please has anyone successfully done ECA with IQAS. How long did it take?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by chuckdee13(m): 7:14pm On Nov 11, 2018
Since u know u will most definitely get married y not do a court wedding and add her now...just a suggestion.
venorite:

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by mojohnny(m): 8:08pm On Nov 11, 2018
Guys I must say I love the positivity, support and energy on this thread.
I am not looking into Canadian PR but I stumbled on this thread while searching Nairaland for opinions on remarking my IELTS.
I took the IELTS for the first time at British Council on 27/10/18 with Results LRWS - 9,8.5,6.5, 7.5 and I need at least a 7 in writing for PLAB.

I am going to request for a re-mark tomorrow though as I believe in the amount of preparation I put into the writing tasks and also because the exam went pretty well IMO.
I know it's very risky as a lot of people have advised against it and told me just to go and re-write.
Also I am considering re-marking my Speaking as well to increase my chances of getting a refund should incase the writing not pull through..
What do you guys think?

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by Nobody: 8:11pm On Nov 11, 2018
venorite:

Only God knows our fate!

If you get married after you land, you will sponsor her or she can follow the EE route too. She gets to earn points as single because her spouse is in Canada already.

*Modified*
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by Nobody: 8:13pm On Nov 11, 2018
mojohnny:
I am not looking into Canadian PR but I stumbled on this thread while searching Nairaland for opinions on remarking my IELTS.
I took the IELTS for the first time at British Council on 27/10/18 with Results LRWS - 9,8.5,6.5, 7.5 and I need at least a 7 in writing for PLAB.

I am going to request for a re-mark tomorrow though as I believe in the amount of preparation I put into the writing tasks and also because the exam went pretty well IMO.
I know it's very risky as a lot of people have advised against it and told me just to go and re-write.
Also I am considering re-marking my Speaking as well to increase my chances of getting a refund should incase the writing not pull through..
What do you guys think?

If you have spare funds, do both. Remark and put in for the next available exams.

Best of Luck.

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by Kmgb: 8:31pm On Nov 11, 2018
raphrulz:
Hmmmmmm lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

Don't jelux us : shocked
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by Nobody: 8:38pm On Nov 11, 2018
mojohnny:

What do you guys think?

Writing is very subjective so I'd advise you go for a remark.
In addition, if you are pressed for time, you should consider registering for another exam while you await the outcome of the remark.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by mcstan18(m): 9:02pm On Nov 11, 2018
DonTee07:
Only God knows our fate!

If you get married after you land, you will sponsor her or she can follow the EE route too. She gets to earn point more because her spouse is in Canada already.

She won't get points for a Canadian PR spouse. I guess his best bet would be sponsorship since she would likely not have an MSc to support her NYSC experience with. I even suspect that draws might go higher then than they are now.

It's either they tie the knot now and have her added or just wait and do sponsorship.

Cc: Venorite

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by venorite(m): 9:09pm On Nov 11, 2018
chuckdee13:
Since u know u will most definitely get married y not do a court wedding and add her now...just a suggestion.
This is going to be a problem because he parents wants her to finish school. She wants to finish school before anything. Plus I think she will bring my score down as she doesn’t have work experience
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by venorite(m): 9:11pm On Nov 11, 2018
mcstan18:

She won't get points for a Canadian PR spouse. I guess his best bet would be sponsorship since she would likely not have an MSc to support her NYSC experience with. I even suspect that draws might go higher then than they are now.

It's either they tie the knot now and have her added or just wait and do sponsorship.

Cc: Venorite
this sponsorship, does it work? If to say we do trad and court wedding and I land, can she get her pr within a year? She has to do internship after school, she graduates next year, and we will need one year for her internship
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by venorite(m): 9:14pm On Nov 11, 2018
pyruvateluv:

That means you will opt for spousal sponsorship which might take a year or more to be finalised
a year isn’t going to be bad. It will give me time to settle down too. What it means is that I have to do my wedding before I land, that way I can start processing hers once I land

Thank you
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by venorite(m): 9:15pm On Nov 11, 2018
DonTee07:

Only God knows our fate!

If you get married after you land, you will sponsor her or she can follow the EE route too. She gets to earn point more because her spouse is in Canada already.
Thank you
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by Earrings: 9:15pm On Nov 11, 2018
Hello people, please I am asking for a friend. Can he evaluate any of Cisa, ceh, Ccna cyberops, Chfi(all IT related courses) plus Bsc to get two or more certificates?

Many thanks
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by Nobody: 9:18pm On Nov 11, 2018
Work experience outside Canada doesn't count.
venorite:

This is going to be a problem because he parents wants her to finish school. She wants to finish school before anything. Plus I think she will bring my score down as she doesn’t have work experience

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by venorite(m): 9:19pm On Nov 11, 2018
Sandydav:
Work experience outside Canada doesn't count.
For spouse you mean? I do not really want to rush this marriage thing. I think I will opt for the sponsorship route

Thanks

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by Nobody: 9:25pm On Nov 11, 2018
Earrings:
Hello people, please I am asking for a friend. Can he evaluate any of Cisa, ceh, Ccna cyberops, Chfi(all IT related courses) plus Bsc to get two or more certificates?

Many thanks
Unfortunately, those do not count. So far, we've heard of ACCA, ATS and CIPM.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by Earrings: 9:26pm On Nov 11, 2018
Bellerin:

Unfortunately, those do not count. So far, we've heard of ACCA, ATS and CIPM.

Thanks a ton.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by dalutin: 9:29pm On Nov 11, 2018
Hello guys....Please How much does it cost to get a Police Clearance Certificate at Alagbon?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by Nobody: 9:34pm On Nov 11, 2018
dalutin:
Hello guys....Please How much does it cost to get a Police Clearance Certificate at Alagbon?

I've heard 5k, 6k, 17k...type 'alagbon' in the search area up there for all information related to PCC. Cheers!
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by dandy00: 9:36pm On Nov 11, 2018
Sorry bro,
Please can't we tell WAEC to help us send scratch card with our certificate while sending to WES
We can as well pay for it ...

[Aquote author=Yeuniecesir post=72830487]

Yes. Literaally write on the back of scratch card. Why dnt u look for a group dt wants to send deirs instead of sending urs alone and spending mote. Thats how i sent mine. A group of 14 people and thankfullly wes has received it[/quote]
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by wasseynewest: 9:42pm On Nov 11, 2018
I just did with Mr Moshood on Friday. It was 4k. Though he first told me 5k but when I told him am a Nlander,
he collected it with a smile.
dalutin:

5 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by nanaghano: 9:43pm On Nov 11, 2018
Congrats to all the ielts smashers and Ppr choppers. Please my people I have come again oh. Who has a mid November date for medicals they are not using again. Family of three. If there is no positive response by Friday I will be forced to do IOM. All our monies have gone to my spouse rewriting ielts. Thanks guys
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by wasseynewest: 9:49pm On Nov 11, 2018
Well, many alwz say remark is 50/50/but if u ask me from experience, I'd say it's 80/20. Dts cos I have tried it 3x with 6.5 & 6(in writing) and 6 in reading but nothing changed. Am saying this cos you as well mentioned its your first attempt. Rather just prepare harder & seat for another exam BUT if u feel u followed the required ielts writing skills, then a remark myt be worth it.
mojohnny:

What do you guys think?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by dalutin: 10:00pm On Nov 11, 2018
wasseynewest:
I just did with Mr Moshood on Friday. It was 4k. Though he first told me 5k but when I told him am a Nlander,
he collected it with a smile.

Can u please help me with Mr. Moshood's contact so that I can talk to him...tanx a lot fam
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by Nobody: 10:20pm On Nov 11, 2018
Please those who sat for IELTS with MOD and have gotten their TRF for the 27th of Oct exam....what's the result date?I'm anticipating ITA and I want to be sure of the result date because I can't get my TRF untill next week.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by Ifeoma77(f): 10:35pm On Nov 11, 2018
venorite:
a year isn’t going to be bad. It will give me time to settle down too. What it means is that I have to do my wedding before I land, that way I can start processing hers once I land

Thank you
Oga you need to spend time reading up.
The way I see it, you have two options;

1. Marry her while you're processing your application. If you do the registry/wedding and then raise CSE to inform IRCC of your marriage, it won't affect your points (btw spouse work experience does not affect CRS. Since she's still in school, the only thing she can contribute is IELTS scores. No post-secondary qualification to access for ECA).
After you've gotten the COPR, you can both go and land and then she comes back to finish school. She has up to 3 years to stay in Naija and can still meet PR renewal conditions. Meanwhile as a PR, she can zoom in and out of Canada during school vacations - to visit you.

2. Complete your application and go and land. Then come back and marry her. THEN you can sponsor her.
DO NOT do the wedding before landing and not notify IRCC.
You should know that simply because you are a PR and married doesn't mean you automatically get to sponsor her. You must meet the earning requirement and show that your income is capable of supporting your wife. This would probably mean getting a good job, working for considerable time, filing taxes etc.
Then the sponsorship process itself will take over a year and will require you to travel back to Nigeria - more than once.
In the meantime, you might consider getting a TRV for her so she can visit (or you can do the visiting).
Or there can be no visiting at all, the Lord will strengthen you both and give you the grace to Skype properly gringrin

The choice is yours

25 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (595) (596) (597) (598) (599) (600) (601) ... (612)

Travelling To Canada Part 11 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.