Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,429 members, 7,954,682 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 07:04 AM

Marriage: What Exactly Do You Stand To Gain From It? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Marriage: What Exactly Do You Stand To Gain From It? (1616 Views)

If You Find Out That Your Husband Is Impotent After Marriage, What Will You Do? / Girl: My Ex Is Trapped In A Loveless Marriage. What Can I Do? / What Exactly Do Ladies Do For Each Other? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Marriage: What Exactly Do You Stand To Gain From It? by Nobody: 8:53pm On Aug 04, 2018
I recently had a chat with a friend of mine on the issue of marriage.

He told me he had concerns about this long standing institution and wonders what were the benefits of getting married because as far as he can tell, you can get what ever you want (i.e sex, love, companionship, friendship) outside marriage and I totally agree with him.

He asked a poignant question: why should one get married when you can get all these comforts outside of marriage and what exactly does one stand to gain from getting married?

To tell you the truth, the idea of getting married scares me and nothing beats the fear of being abandoned by the one person you’ve come to trust and cannot do without.

I love the idea of settling down. I see marriage as partnership between two people. There’s no greater feeling than knowing that you have ‘your person’. Someone you can talk about anything and everything with. Someone you share no boundaries with and you guys can literally share everything.

There’s no greater feeling knowing that you have that one person you can call by 3am and not having to think that, you might in some way, disturbed their sleep, even when they tell you it is fine, and you can call them whenever.

When you have ‘your person’, you know you can call them and anytime of the day and not feel guilty about it because you know they can move mountains for you and they have your best interest at heart all the time.

You may be in a relationship for years with someone and may not feel the need to settle down because your partner gives you all that you want, but trust me, there’ll come a time when they’ll develop a sense of insecurity, knowing you can walk out on them at any time and end everything.

This could prompt them to start acting up, projecting their insecurities in their attitudes, especially when you’ve not given them any form of assurance that they’ll end up getting married to you. Ladies are always the victim in this case.

Click this link to continue reading:

https://www.afrourbanstyle.com/marriage-what-exactly-do-you-stand-to-gain-from-it/
Re: Marriage: What Exactly Do You Stand To Gain From It? by dingbang(m): 8:59pm On Aug 04, 2018
but trust me, there’ll come a time when they’ll develop a sense of insecurity, knowing you can walk out on them at any time and end everything.

This could prompt them to start acting up, projecting their insecurities in their attitudes, especially when you’ve not given them any form of assurance that they’ll end up getting married to you. Ladies are always the victim in this case.
Re: Marriage: What Exactly Do You Stand To Gain From It? by milemimi93(m): 9:00pm On Aug 04, 2018
Absolutely nothing. There's nothing I can achieved in marriage that I can't achieved outside marriage.

2 Likes

Re: Marriage: What Exactly Do You Stand To Gain From It? by donbachi(m): 9:01pm On Aug 04, 2018
Pro-creation

1 Like

Re: Marriage: What Exactly Do You Stand To Gain From It? by Betakeshi: 9:13pm On Aug 04, 2018
undecided
Re: Marriage: What Exactly Do You Stand To Gain From It? by Nobody: 9:25pm On Aug 04, 2018
grin same way i feel. Na scam

1 Like

Re: Marriage: What Exactly Do You Stand To Gain From It? by Newboss(m): 9:26pm On Aug 04, 2018
dingbang:
but trust me, there’ll come a time when they’ll develop a sense of insecurity, knowing you can walk out on them at any time and end everything.

There is no security whatsoever in marriage! angry

You can wake up tomorrow with every single 'disaster' you could have woken up to had you not married! angry But this time around, it would come in exponents! angry

Married couples are just the same as boyfriends and girlfriends! But the former is worse! angry
Re: Marriage: What Exactly Do You Stand To Gain From It? by Chickychic(f): 9:43pm On Aug 04, 2018
I thought I Am the only one scared of marriage.
Worse of it is that most men are not worth it.

2 Likes

Re: Marriage: What Exactly Do You Stand To Gain From It? by LuciferChristi: 10:09pm On Aug 04, 2018
Benefits of marriage to women:

*Poverty alleviation
*Companionship (most of them have no true friends after 25 & become clingy)
*Escape from frustration, family/societal pressure etc
*Confidence boost (marriage makes most women feel superior to their single counterparts)
*Security (
*Motherhood (still possible without marriage but most women are hypocrites who see single mothers as inferior/immoral)
*Insurance (If all else fails, women fall back to their marriage as their only achievement in life)
*The natural instinct to breed & raise a family (especially extended)

Benefits of marriage to a man:

*This section is currently awaiting updates

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Marriage: What Exactly Do You Stand To Gain From It? by Bluezy13(m): 11:11pm On Aug 04, 2018
Until you are mature enough to get married, you won't understand the importance of marriage.

When we were kids, we never wanted to grow up, when we grow up, we wouldn't want to grow old, when we are aged, we realize it was just necessary to pass through the stages, that nature demands it.

It is normal to be scared and doubt the importance of marriage. It is youthful exuberance. You'll later realize you were only being childish.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Marriage: What Exactly Do You Stand To Gain From It? by Ekez(m): 4:13am On Aug 05, 2018
Go ask ur papa n mama abeg !
Re: Marriage: What Exactly Do You Stand To Gain From It? by Nobody: 4:25am On Aug 05, 2018
So many gains that one doesn't need to spell out.
Re: Marriage: What Exactly Do You Stand To Gain From It? by pauljumbo(m): 6:39am On Aug 05, 2018
[quote author=Chickychic post=69991618]I thought I Am the only one scared of marriage.
Worse of it is that most men are not worth it. [/quote

We are product of relationship, marriage is a higher level of commitment of relationship its more of giving than what you will get.

When you are young and hot you might not see value in it because we are surrounded with fake friends and distractions like social media.

Just think of the later part of life that's when you will now see the value about marriage my parents are old now and all their kids are grown up now raising their own families if not for marriage they will be so lonely now.

In summary marriage is not about what you get its more of what you give
Re: Marriage: What Exactly Do You Stand To Gain From It? by Chickychic(f): 8:21am On Aug 05, 2018
[quote author=pauljumbo post=69996407][/quote]
I agree.
I believe the partner too is supposed to be giving and not what he gets so if that's the case, I suppose to receive and he suppose to receive too, meaning its should be vise versa at equal percentage or even if the percentage is not equal but there should be receiving in the first place but I don't see it at all in these generation.

It's mostly someone is saying "I LOVE YOU " just for a/some specific things you have and when it seems that thing is being taken away the person flees.

So tell me again why is relationship or marriage not scam?
Re: Marriage: What Exactly Do You Stand To Gain From It? by pauljumbo(m): 9:46am On Aug 05, 2018
Chickychic:

I agree.
I believe the partner too is supposed to be giving and not what he gets so if that's the case, I suppose to receive and he suppose to receive too, meaning its should be vise versa at equal percentage or even if the percentage is not equal but there should be receiving in the first place but I don't see it at all in these generation.

It's mostly someone is saying "I LOVE YOU " just for a/some specific things you have and when it seems that thing is being taken away the person flees.

So tell me again why is relationship or marriage not scam?

Marriage is like life it can never be fair
Some are good and some are bad
You don’t use because of bad experience not to go for the good.

There are still good guys and ladies out there and for procreation sake you have to be in marriage and never think of this baby mama thing it’s the worst situation you can put yourself and the baby.

Don’t be carried by the facade of single mother, feminism and self control women they are crying women in private who try to look strong in the public

We are maid for relationship
Re: Marriage: What Exactly Do You Stand To Gain From It? by mablie(m): 11:41am On Aug 05, 2018
LuciferChristi:
Benefits of marriage to women:

*Poverty alleviation
*Companionship (most of them have no true friends after 25 & become clingy)
*Escape from frustration, family/societal pressure etc
*Confidence boost (marriage makes most women feel superior to their single counterparts)
*Security (
*Motherhood (still possible without marriage but most women are hypocrites who see single mothers as inferior/immoral)
*Insurance (If all else fails, women fall back to their marriage as their only achievement in life)
*The natural instinct to breed & raise a family (especially extended)

Benefits of marriage to a man:

*This section is currently awaiting updates
Re: Marriage: What Exactly Do You Stand To Gain From It? by Nobody: 11:45am On Aug 05, 2018
Chickychic:
I thought I Am the only one scared of marriage.
Worse of it is that most men are not worth it.
you are right just like most women are not worth it either

1 Like

Re: Marriage: What Exactly Do You Stand To Gain From It? by Partnerbiz3: 11:50am On Aug 05, 2018
Bluezy13:
Until you are mature enough to get married, you won't understand the importance of marriage.

When we were kids, we never wanted to grow up, when we grow up, we wouldn't want to grow old, when we are aged, we realize it was just necessary to pass through the stages, that nature demands it.

It is normal to be scared and doubt the importance of marriage. It is youthful exuberance. You'll later realize you were only being childish.

Oga you are engaging in ostrich evasions and evading the question.

You mean you can't cite a single reason to convince him?

None at all?

You can do better, I am waiting...
Re: Marriage: What Exactly Do You Stand To Gain From It? by Bluezy13(m): 11:58am On Aug 05, 2018
Partnerbiz3:

Oga you are engaging in ostrich evasions and evading the question.

You mean you can't cite a single reason to convince him?

None at all?

You can do better, I am waiting...

If you can't site a single reason in my writeup, irrespective of how simplified I made it, then you owe understanding an apology.
Re: Marriage: What Exactly Do You Stand To Gain From It? by swetjo(f): 11:59am On Aug 05, 2018
To a certain extent, one can gain security of love in marriage. Even in the case of divorce, you will still have to go through formalities before ending it all.
But outside that, a party can just change his mind overnight or find a better replacement and oops its off
Re: Marriage: What Exactly Do You Stand To Gain From It? by Chickychic(f): 1:44pm On Aug 05, 2018
AngryNigerian22:
you are right just like most women are not worth it either
Thank you for identifying yourself. I aired my view without quoting anyone. You could have done so without quoting me but you choose to show me how you behave. Thank you for that.

Also I know some ladies are not worth it but when the head is bad, it affects the neck but when the neck is good, it doesn't accept a bad head.

Just like your name up there, I can see you really are an angry Nigerian accept my condolence

1 Like

Re: Marriage: What Exactly Do You Stand To Gain From It? by UnclePrincipal(m): 4:34pm On Aug 05, 2018
Chickychic:

Thank you for identifying yourself. I aired my view without quoting anyone. You could have done so without quoting me but you choose to show me how you behave. Thank you for that.

Also I know some ladies are not worth it but when the head is bad, it affects the neck but when the neck is good, it doesn't accept a bad head.

Just like your name up there, I can see you really are an angry Nigerian accept my condolence

You are not making sense at all. This is a public forum gaddamit. if you don't want people to interfere with your opinions then don't post them here. You posted a gender biased opinion and someone does the same and it got you provoke. you are also part of those ladies he's talking about. is this how you will be responding to your husband ? smh!

1 Like

Re: Marriage: What Exactly Do You Stand To Gain From It? by Nobody: 4:47pm On Aug 05, 2018
Chickychic:

what are you even typing
Re: Marriage: What Exactly Do You Stand To Gain From It? by Chickychic(f): 7:28pm On Aug 05, 2018
UnclePrincipal:

You are not making sense at all. This is a public forum gaddamit. if you don't want people to interfere with your opinions then don't post them here. You posted a gender biased opinion and someone does the same and it got you provoke. you are also part of those ladies he's talking about. is this how you will be responding to your husband ? smh!
Come o, must you comment?
Anyway I don't have your time
Re: Marriage: What Exactly Do You Stand To Gain From It? by Chickychic(f): 7:29pm On Aug 05, 2018
AngryNigerian22:
what are you even typing
Of course you can't comprehend
Re: Marriage: What Exactly Do You Stand To Gain From It? by ojoj(m): 7:31pm On Aug 05, 2018
[quote author=Chickychic post=69991618]I thought I Am the only one scared of marriage.
Worse of it is that most men are not worth it. If you have this mentality, so shall it be (not a curse pls). Have you asked yourself why some are enjoying their marriages. I am about 13yrs into my marriage and I am thanking God for the opportunity of marriage. Yes, not all men are good, likewise all women. I prayed for a good wife and God gave me. There are good men around, pray for your good man.
I had facilitated two marriages and they are thanking God. I introduced them to each other. So please don't have any negativity about marriage, to me marriage is sweet! Thank you.
Re: Marriage: What Exactly Do You Stand To Gain From It? by Chickychic(f): 7:34pm On Aug 05, 2018
[quote author=ojoj post=70014182][/quote]
Thanks a lot. Hope to get there in happiness.

1 Like

Re: Marriage: What Exactly Do You Stand To Gain From It? by ojoj(m): 7:35pm On Aug 05, 2018
One thing I want people to exploit is opportunity for match making! Match making is good. For example, if I as a man has a friend that is in need of a wife and I know a lady that is good, what stops me from introducing her to the lady. I will never match make a bad lady or a man.
Re: Marriage: What Exactly Do You Stand To Gain From It? by Hector09(m): 7:36pm On Aug 05, 2018
I dont see anything special abt marriage, its just for the seek of having kids
Re: Marriage: What Exactly Do You Stand To Gain From It? by Nobody: 7:43pm On Aug 05, 2018
Hmmmmm
Re: Marriage: What Exactly Do You Stand To Gain From It? by Nobody: 8:42am On Aug 06, 2018
Chickychic:

Of course you can't comprehend
how can I comprehend wen your comments is dumb undecided

(1) (Reply)

I Need A Woman For Marriage / If You're SHY & Don't Have Confidence To Approach Girls – These 3 Tips Will Help / Hello Everybody, What Is Your Biggest Fear In Life ?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.