Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,133 members, 7,814,958 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:58 AM

Senator Godswill Akpabio Meets Tinubu In Lagos (photo) - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Senator Godswill Akpabio Meets Tinubu In Lagos (photo) (45819 Views)

Akpabio Meets Buhari, Unveils Senate Presidency Ambition / Babagana Kingibe (Abiola's Vice In 1993) Gets Emotional As He Meets Tinubu / Godswill Akpabio Meets Chris Ekpoyong, Laughs And Hugs Him (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Senator Godswill Akpabio Meets Tinubu In Lagos (photo) by komekn(m): 10:06am On Aug 05, 2018
madridguy:
Akpabio our new signing grin

Some people will need to rush to the hospital first thing tomorrow morning.

What we have is a collection of treasury looters, cultists, election riggers, corruption peddlers, thieves and dishonourables.

They have not decamped because PDP and APC are essentially the same thing. Self seeking self interest and not nation seeking or national interest group's.

Voting for any of them us voting for the same thing.

CORRUPTION RULERSHIP.

Political parties with no ideology beyond what's in it for me.

We should all be crying for Nigeria but we are hailing the people who are literally raping us in broad daylight.

We then commend them for the act.

Buhari is not fighting corruption he in marriage with it.

1 Like

Re: Senator Godswill Akpabio Meets Tinubu In Lagos (photo) by Ojiofor: 10:07am On Aug 05, 2018
maasoap:

APC didn't lose Saraki and his position as a senate president because APC never had him. He used his position to frustrate Mr president's efforts to turn things around. Imagine a senate president from a ruling party passing a budget mid year! Refused to confirm appointments into the key and various offices! Inserting frivolous projects into and removing vital projects from the budgets! To hell with him.

Izat all?
Saraki remains the biggest signing of the transfer season.

1 Like

Re: Senator Godswill Akpabio Meets Tinubu In Lagos (photo) by maestroferddi: 10:08am On Aug 05, 2018
Amarabae:
So because udom Emmanuel refused to be a stooge, he wants to decamp.
Lols
RIP to his political career in akwa ibom state,
There are more chances of bobrisky menstruating than akpabio to win senate with apc in akwa ibom.
cheesy
Ogbomosho and Ago Iwoye natives who have no clue about Akwa Ibom politics are rejoicing over potentially career ending move made by Akpabio.

Akpabio is a dead man walking politically. Those who know know. His Ibibio adversaries, and they are so many, will now have a rallying reason to pay him back.

It is going to be Ibibio vs Annang face off and we know who naturally wins.

I am expecting Victor Attah to begin moves against him since they cannot co-exist together in the same divide.

They unleashed EFCC on him and he capitulated... Cowardice in my book.

1 Like

Re: Senator Godswill Akpabio Meets Tinubu In Lagos (photo) by flexyrule(m): 10:08am On Aug 05, 2018
ORIENTATION101:
After pdp signed average players like saraki ,tambuwal kwankaso from apc.

Apc vex sign the most expensive player in pdp senator goodswill akpabio .

Apc have technically removed one of the two major financer of pdp after wike.

Pdp no akwa ibom oil money again ntoor.go and manage whatever wike give una till rivers state start to they owe salary
This is how you people go about running your mouth over things you know nothing about. Akpabio installed Udom as governor and the two are currently at logger heads, that basically why he is decamping to APC. Who controls Akwa Ibom money? Akpabio in the senate or Udom who is the Chief Executive Officer?
Re: Senator Godswill Akpabio Meets Tinubu In Lagos (photo) by jaxxy(m): 10:10am On Aug 05, 2018
NgeneUkwenu:
APC always go after quality and value...not quantity or bend down select like that regional party of the pigs..

PDP tickets are now like Zimbabwean Dollars...valueless and worthless..

The question we shud be asking is why did he leave? Hes not had any major issues with his party. Is this just political prostitution or for the sake of what? His reason for leaving wud be appreciated and of more value. U can just get up and leave a party like dat with no clear and stated reason and be called a credible person.
Re: Senator Godswill Akpabio Meets Tinubu In Lagos (photo) by amphy74: 10:11am On Aug 05, 2018
Ye who laugh last laugh best

1 Like

Re: Senator Godswill Akpabio Meets Tinubu In Lagos (photo) by efilefun(m): 10:14am On Aug 05, 2018
Amarabae:

APC is a bacteria in south south.
Akwa ibom is PDP, goodbye to akpabio political career in the state.
You guys can take him,
Saraki is a goal
You all said samething during Edo and Ekiti elections we knew the outcome. Nigeria politics is far above all this internet cries. You all need to be honest, one of PDP's major atm just went out of service. Just watch how others jump outta the overcrowded junk patched umbrella party

4 Likes

Re: Senator Godswill Akpabio Meets Tinubu In Lagos (photo) by johnmattew: 10:16am On Aug 05, 2018
Amarabae:
Nonsense. The whole Niger delta states are PDP except Imo and Ondo. Money is not the problem. Look at how bmc zombies are celebrating this news, Saraki really dealt with them this period. cheesy
so Edo state is now north ABI?

in case u don't know,Delta state big guns are also in talks with Oshiomole

3 Likes

Re: Senator Godswill Akpabio Meets Tinubu In Lagos (photo) by efilefun(m): 10:17am On Aug 05, 2018
jaxxy:

The question we shud be asking is why did he leave? Hes not had any major issues with his party. Is this just political prostitution or for the sake of what? His reason for leaving wud be appreciated and of more value. U can just get up and leave a party like dat with no clear and stated reason and be called a credible person.
The main story out is that he's not in good terms with the present governor of the state but i believe its more cuz of the people who crossed over, he was kinda vocal during the PDP vs nPDP war
Re: Senator Godswill Akpabio Meets Tinubu In Lagos (photo) by budusky05(m): 10:22am On Aug 05, 2018
NgeneUkwenu:
APC always go after quality and value...not quantity or bend down select like that regional party of the pigs..

Abeg my neighbors run enter my compound cus of the laugh I laughed now. No kill me abeg take am easy.

1 Like

Re: Senator Godswill Akpabio Meets Tinubu In Lagos (photo) by Nationalman: 10:23am On Aug 05, 2018
Amarabae:

APC is a bacteria in south south.
Akwa ibom is PDP, goodbye to akpabio political career in the state.
You guys can take him,
Saraki is a goal
So it as come to that:
Akpabio the King maker of Akwa Ibom.
Keep Massaging Your Deflated Mojo.
one Akpabio Oil Moni =16 Saraki's
Although am not too tripped by this.
Re: Senator Godswill Akpabio Meets Tinubu In Lagos (photo) by jaxxy(m): 10:24am On Aug 05, 2018
efilefun:
The main story out is that he's not in good terms with the present governor of the state but i believe its more cuz of the people who crossed over, he was kinda vocal during the PDP vs nPDP war

He was not in good terms with his state governor is not enough reason to leave because pdp generally treated him with respect as a former governor. Unlike kwansokwaso who was displeased with both state and federal Apc
Re: Senator Godswill Akpabio Meets Tinubu In Lagos (photo) by budusky05(m): 10:24am On Aug 05, 2018
madridguy:

Na na morning make them never rush go hospital,
We're the deflectors?
Re: Senator Godswill Akpabio Meets Tinubu In Lagos (photo) by efilefun(m): 10:34am On Aug 05, 2018
jaxxy:

He was not in good terms with his state governor is not enough reason to leave because pdp generally treated him with respect as a former governor. Unlike kwansokwaso who was displeased with both state and federal Apc
The nPDP showed from day 1 they are not interested in the policy or plans of APC. Don't forget saraki became the senate president against the policy of the party and even won with the votes of PDP members while APC senators were in a meeting with the president
Re: Senator Godswill Akpabio Meets Tinubu In Lagos (photo) by AbelDjassi: 10:35am On Aug 05, 2018
I hope this teachable moment provides yet another lesson to ethnically bigoted commentators who invest so much emotional stock in Nigeria's chameleonic politicians grin

April 9 2017
Already, some members of the caucus, believed to be key loyalists of Saraki, are already calling for the resignation of the Senate Minority Leader, Senator Godswill Akpabio.

Their grouse is simple. They believe that Akpabio is using his position as Senate Minority Leader to shield himself from prosecution by the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC).

The aggrieved lawmakers, who are about three in number, one of whom is currently in a running battle with the EFCC, is reaching out to PDP Senators to pass a vote of no confidence on Akpabio.

Trouble started for Akpabio last week, when he attended the 65th birthday celebration of a former Governor of Lagos State, Bola Ahmed Tinubu, despite the rift between the All Progressives Congress (APC) leader and Saraki.

Akpabio, apart from attending the birthday bash, also placed over four advertorials in key national newspapers, where he congratulated Tinubu and described him as a leader.

Saraki and his loyalists, boycotted the birthday celebration, neither did he place advertorials in any newspaper to congratulate Tinubu.

Meanwhile, this more recent account provided by @OP is not true...

Aug 4, 2018

Tinubu, Akpabio Did Not Meet In Lagos

The Eagle Online had in a report titled: “Breaking: Akpabio visits Tinubu, to be formally received into APC by Osinbajo,” reported that Akpabio met with Tinubu in the APC’s leader’s home in Lagos State

Contrary to an earlier report by The Eagle Online, the National Leader of the All Progressives Congress, Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu, and the Senate Minority Leader, Godswill Akpabio, did not meet on Saturday (today) in Lagos.

The Eagle Online had in a report titled: “Breaking: Akpabio visits Tinubu, to be formally received into APC by Osinbajo,” reported that Akpabio met with Tinubu in the APC’s leader’s home in Lagos State.

Though the aspect on the story on the reception of Akpabio by the Vice President stands, it has been learnt that Tinubu has been in Abuja almost all week.

The story, illustrated with a photograph of Akpabio and Tinubu during the birthday of the former Governor of Lagos State last year, also has it that Osinbajo will formally welcome Akpabio from the Peoples Democratic Party to the APC on August 8 at the Ikot Ekpene Stadium in Akwa Ibom State.

Among those to join Osinbajo in welcoming Akpabio to the APC is the Senior Special Assistant to President Muhammadu Buhari on National Assembly Matters (Senate), Senator Ita Enang.

Source
Re: Senator Godswill Akpabio Meets Tinubu In Lagos (photo) by KDmafia: 10:45am On Aug 05, 2018
oooduancalmdown:
Instead of these two fools to agitate for restructuring/secession from the North, they are changing party up and down
mumu you will continue to be a slave under the north

Re: Senator Godswill Akpabio Meets Tinubu In Lagos (photo) by edupedia: 10:55am On Aug 05, 2018
NgeneUkwenu:

...u na want kee man wit laff abi?... grin grin grin

appears pic not takenin Lagos
Re: Senator Godswill Akpabio Meets Tinubu In Lagos (photo) by jaxxy(m): 10:58am On Aug 05, 2018
efilefun:
The nPDP showed from day 1 they are not interested in the policy or plans of APC. Don't forget saraki became the senate president against the policy of the party and even won with the votes of PDP members while APC senators were in a meeting with the president

I know saraki reason for leaving and its still controversial cos both saraki and Apc/tinubu and even buhari caused d issue bt I don't know any valid reason for akpabio leaving. I wud appreciate if he stated it dat all atleast to clear his honor.
Re: Senator Godswill Akpabio Meets Tinubu In Lagos (photo) by Nobody: 11:11am On Aug 05, 2018
It's all over.[b][/b]
Re: Senator Godswill Akpabio Meets Tinubu In Lagos (photo) by modik(m): 11:14am On Aug 05, 2018
Corrinthians:
If this isn't a Photoshop, then I foresee serious headaches and gnashing of teeth within the camp of PDP and her supporters.

Akpabio would become the next target of their curses and abuses.

Only hours ago, they posted a phoney picture of Akpabio's alleged comments after meeting with Osinbajo. We all knew it is a big lie since PDP has this horrible penchant for lies and irritating propaganda, now this.

I pray Akpabio dumps the party. I'd savour with utmost relish the pains that would ensue in PDP. cheesy

It is instructive to observe you've been nursing some excruciating hidden pains for politrics of the previous weeks that saw the transmitter, transmission, trans.... Of APC from majority to minority status in the red chambers.

Akpabio is working tirelessly to retain his post as the same minority leader.

Too early to jubilate, another mole in the camp of APC just loading.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Senator Godswill Akpabio Meets Tinubu In Lagos (photo) by budusky05(m): 11:21am On Aug 05, 2018
There is plenty of APC gossip doing the rounds in the papers with the party linked with many names to defect to it's fold. Today, APC are closing in on signing an attacking midfielder senator G apkabio to strengthen the midfield and boost their attacking squad.

It has been confirmed that the senator is undergoing medicals at the party HQ.

Details later

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Senator Godswill Akpabio Meets Tinubu In Lagos (photo) by Nobody: 11:42am On Aug 05, 2018
madridguy:

The marquee signing. With federal might, saraki oma se o!
Re: Senator Godswill Akpabio Meets Tinubu In Lagos (photo) by Nobody: 11:44am On Aug 05, 2018
modik:

It is instructive to observe you've been nursing some excruciating hidden pains for politrics of the previous weeks that saw the transmitter, transmission, trans.... Of APC from majority to minority status in the red chambers.

Akpabio is working tirelessly to retain his post as the same minority leader.

Too early to jubilate, another mole in the camp of APC just loading.

Rather, your next senate president loading.

1 Like

Re: Senator Godswill Akpabio Meets Tinubu In Lagos (photo) by Nobody: 11:52am On Aug 05, 2018
jaxxy:

I know saraki reason for leaving and its still controversial cos both saraki and Apc/tinubu and even buhari caused d issue bt I don't know any valid reason for akpabio leaving. I wud appreciate if he stated it dat all atleast to clear his honor.

You don't know any valid reason right? Put yourself in the shoes of akpabio and the rest that stayed backed to save the party from sinking while others fled in search of greener pastures. Now that the pdp ship is stable, the ones that fled out of their selfish interest have come back and not inky that, they have taken over the structure of the same party they dumped because those who didn't decamp are fools. Isn't that a message to everybody that loyalty to the party does not pay? Where is the equity and justice they have all been crying about?

3 Likes

Re: Senator Godswill Akpabio Meets Tinubu In Lagos (photo) by romme2u: 12:11pm On Aug 05, 2018
Amarabae:
Lols
There are more chances of bobrisky menstruating than akpabio to win senate with apc in akwa ibom.
cheesy

undecided

don't stake your neck for those ruffians

what happened between Saraki n APC will repeat itself
Re: Senator Godswill Akpabio Meets Tinubu In Lagos (photo) by Chepos1(m): 12:12pm On Aug 05, 2018
Kyase:
cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
My guy, happy sunday

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Senator Godswill Akpabio Meets Tinubu In Lagos (photo) by Kingkamal(m): 12:13pm On Aug 05, 2018
Saraki really miscalculated..... cheesy grin grin grin grin
Re: Senator Godswill Akpabio Meets Tinubu In Lagos (photo) by romme2u: 12:16pm On Aug 05, 2018
maestroferddi:
Ogbomosho and Ago Iwoye natives who have no clue about Akwa Ibom politics are rejoicing over potentially career ending move made by Akpabio.

Akpabio is a dead man walking politically. Those who know know. His Ibibio adversaries, and they are so many, will now have a rallying reason to pay him back.

It is going to be Ibibio vs Annang face off and we know who naturally wins.

I am expecting Victor Attah to begin moves against him since they cannot co-exist together in the same divide.

They unleashed EFCC on him and he capitulated... Cowardice in my book.

Akpabio's capitulation will benefit pdp in the long run more than apc both at federal and state level
Re: Senator Godswill Akpabio Meets Tinubu In Lagos (photo) by Kyase(m): 12:18pm On Aug 05, 2018
Chepos1:

My guy, happy sunday
happy Sunday bro
Re: Senator Godswill Akpabio Meets Tinubu In Lagos (photo) by Chepos1(m): 12:21pm On Aug 05, 2018
Kyase:
happy Sunday bro

How things na?
Re: Senator Godswill Akpabio Meets Tinubu In Lagos (photo) by Anijay1212(m): 12:27pm On Aug 05, 2018
Amarabae:
Lols
cheesy
Mbok don't write what you don't know biko
Re: Senator Godswill Akpabio Meets Tinubu In Lagos (photo) by Dalby(m): 12:32pm On Aug 05, 2018
ORIENTATION101:
how come your state rivers state has
2 Apc senators
10 Apc house of assembly members
House of rep

The last time i checked rivers state is south south
Facts never lie

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Buhari: You Can’t Sit In Lagos And Decide For APC / Suicide Bomber Detonates Her Vest In Borno After Seeing Troops(photo) / APC Presidential Campaign In Borno State - Live Updates

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.