Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,441 members, 7,816,004 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:19 PM

Oshiomhole: Herdsmen Not Responsible For Killings In Nigeria - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Oshiomhole: Herdsmen Not Responsible For Killings In Nigeria (1343 Views)

Herdsmen Not Responsible For Aborode’s Killing – Makinde / Herdsmen Not Responsible For Killing Of Enugu Pregnant Woman – Group / "Fulani Herdsmen Not Responsible For Killings" - Farmer's Association President (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Oshiomhole: Herdsmen Not Responsible For Killings In Nigeria by Racoon(m): 5:45am On Aug 05, 2018
The National Chairman of the All Progressive Congress (APC), Mr. Adams Oshiomhole saturday exonerated the marauding herdsmen from the killings in some parts of the country.

Oshiomhole, former governor of Edo State, also said some people were turning the truth upside down to portray the administration of President Muhammadu Buhari in bad light by linking all the killings in some states in the country as the handwork of herdsmen.

He exonerated the herdsmen at a rally he addressed in Abakaliki yesterday to receive some defectors to the APC, assuring Nigerians that President Muhammadu Buhari and security agencies were working hard to end insecurity in the country.

Some of the defectors include Sen. Sunny Ogboji, former Minister of Power and Steel, Mr. Goody Ogbaga, former Secretary to Ebonyi State Government, Mr. Ifeanyi Odoh and former Speaker of Ebonyi State House of Assembly, Hon. Augustine Nwankwegu.

At the rally, the national chairman urged Nigerians not “to allow themselves to be deceived by the antics of selfish politicians in the country who are trying to give the security challenges in the country an ethnic colouration in other to score cheap political points.”

He stressed that the security challenges were a ploy “to portray the government of President Muhammadu Buhari in bad light by portraying all the killings in some states in the country as the handwork of herdsmen.

“Let me urge you to be more careful because this season people are spreading untruth. People are being hired to turn the gospel upside down. They want us to believe that every problem should be explained in ethnic and religious terms.

“We have a problem and we must confront those problems. Criminals must be dealt with individually as criminals and government at all levels must work hard to protect every Nigerian regardless of tribe or religion.”

Oshiomhole urged the people of the South-east to vote for APC and Buhari in the 2019 elections as he has delivered democratic dividends to the zone.

According to him, if Buhari has remembered the Southeast which did not give him more than 10 percent in 2015 imagine what he will do if you give him 85 percent in 2019”.

In his remark at the rally, the Minister of Science and Technology, Dr. Ogbonnaya Onu in his remarks noted 2015 he pleaded with the people of the southeast not to put it’s eggs in one basket but his pleadings fell on deaf ears

He said: “In 2015 I pleased with the zone not to put our eggs in one basket. Today, I want them to compare the 16 years of PDP and relate it with just 3 years of PDP. The three years of APC is greater than the 16 years of PDP. The time has come for the South-east to be in the mainstream of Nigerian politics by voting for President Buhari and APC in 2019.

He said that in addition to the new River Niger Bridge and many federal roads in the zone, Buhari had also approved a new agency for robotics and artificial intelligence to be established in South-east.

He urged the people not to give their PVCs to anybody but to guide it jealously as it is the only way they can return President Buhari in 2019.

Former Abịa State Governor, Chief Orji Uzor Kalu said the new River Niger Bridge, which the PDP could not construct in 16 years, has now reached 53 percent completion.

Kalu noted that work “is progressing in the two major highways in the zone, the Onitsha to Enugu Road and the Enugu Port Harcourt expressway.”

The former governor noted that the Southeast would give the President and APC majority of its votes in 2019 “to reply him for all the projects and democracy dividends he has magnanimously cited in the zone.”

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.thisdaylive.com/index.php/2018/08/05/oshiomhole-herdsmen-not-responsible-for-killings-in-nigeria/amp/
Re: Oshiomhole: Herdsmen Not Responsible For Killings In Nigeria by Olanireti(m): 5:53am On Aug 05, 2018
Jesu: The more Oshiomole opens his mouth, the more he causes trouble for himself, Buhari, APC and even Nigeria. Why can't he just shut up his God forsaken mouth if he doesn't have anything to say? It is visible to the blind that herdsmen are killing Nigerians, and this man is here defending lies?

Anyway, he should continue, the more damages he causes for PMB, the better for us to vote PMB out

7 Likes

Re: Oshiomhole: Herdsmen Not Responsible For Killings In Nigeria by Racoon(m): 5:58am On Aug 05, 2018
o shocked It's now obvious Miyetti Allah members do the killings & confidently acknowledge it but president, IGP, Defence/Info ministers, Army, APC leadership will be doing the damage control for them.
https://www.google.com/amp/dailypost.ng/2018/06/30/plateau-killing-miyetti-allah-gives-reasons-therell-no-peace-slams-fulani-lawmakers/amp/

[
color=#990000]"PREMIUM TIMES in their apology to Miyetti Allah last week which went viral, I did commented that they were unnecessarily in a hurry to conclude their investigation on the denial of Danladi Ciroma who granted me interview. I still insist that that so-called investigation by is so shallow and strange.

Again, the fact that Danladi Ciroma denied his comments and PREMIUM TIMES hurriedly apologized to Miyetti Allah does not mean Miyetti Allah is right and the 1media is wrong. Up till now, I still remain positive and confident that Danladi Ciroma is lying, the fact that I have no record of the interview does not also make Ciroma right in his claim.

Above all, I still insist I’m not wrong in this matter, I have no apology for Miyetti Allah or Danladi Ciroma."
[/color]
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.thecable.ng/i-stand-by-my-story-the-nation-reporter-breaks-silence-on-miyetti-allah-interview/amp

3 Likes

Re: Oshiomhole: Herdsmen Not Responsible For Killings In Nigeria by Bethel4Life(f): 6:01am On Aug 05, 2018
See dis lieing dwarf

5 Likes

Re: Oshiomhole: Herdsmen Not Responsible For Killings In Nigeria by iammo(m): 6:01am On Aug 05, 2018
I hope mayetti Allah spokesman doesn't come out to refute this

3 Likes

Re: Oshiomhole: Herdsmen Not Responsible For Killings In Nigeria by OneStep3: 6:04am On Aug 05, 2018
Haba

3 Likes

Re: Oshiomhole: Herdsmen Not Responsible For Killings In Nigeria by izzou(m): 6:05am On Aug 05, 2018
grin grin grin

He said that in addition to the new River Niger Bridge and many federal roads in the zone, Buhari had also approved a new agency for robotics and artificial intelligence to be established in South-east.

grin grin grin grin

This should be the funniest shiit I'll read this week. Agency for Robotics? grin

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Oshiomhole: Herdsmen Not Responsible For Killings In Nigeria by HotMario: 6:07am On Aug 05, 2018
This i.diot has been given Chairman now he can't at the truth anymore.

Wertin Man go chop for kill am

2 Likes

Re: Oshiomhole: Herdsmen Not Responsible For Killings In Nigeria by Bethel4Life(f): 6:14am On Aug 05, 2018
He said: “In 2015 I pleased with
the zone not to put our eggs in
one basket. Today, I want them to
compare the 16 years of PDP and
relate it with just 3 years of PDP.
The three years of APC is greater
than the 16 years of PDP.

Yes in tyrany and suffering,, the three years of APC is better than d 16 yrs of PDP

1 Like

Re: Oshiomhole: Herdsmen Not Responsible For Killings In Nigeria by chriskosherbal(m): 6:19am On Aug 05, 2018
Bethel4Life:
He said: “In 2015 I pleased with
the zone not to put our eggs in
one basket. Today, I want them to
compare the 16 years of PDP and
relate it with just 3 years of PDP.
The three years of APC is greater
than the 16 years of PDP.

Yes in tyrany and suffering,, the three years of APC is better than d 16 yrs of PDP
cheesy grin cheesy

Oshiomole well is your mouth and your opinion .

See signature. ...now in lagos
Re: Oshiomhole: Herdsmen Not Responsible For Killings In Nigeria by Racoon(m): 6:19am On Aug 05, 2018
He said: “In 2015 I pleased with the zone not to put our eggs in one basket. Today, I want them to compare the 16 years of PDP and relate it with just 3 years of PDP.

The three years of APC is greater than the 16 years of PDP. The time has come for the South-east to be in the mainstream of Nigerian politics by voting for President Buhari and APC in 2019.

Chai! undecided "A lie told often enough becomes the truth. Vladimir Lenin."
Re: Oshiomhole: Herdsmen Not Responsible For Killings In Nigeria by mudiana(m): 6:31am On Aug 05, 2018
because of power, these individuals don't mind selling the country just to stay dere and finish whatever is left of this country.

2 Likes

Re: Oshiomhole: Herdsmen Not Responsible For Killings In Nigeria by Bossontop(m): 6:34am On Aug 05, 2018
undecided
With him ugly face dia.......mtcheeww

1 Like

Re: Oshiomhole: Herdsmen Not Responsible For Killings In Nigeria by FOLYKAZE(m): 6:42am On Aug 05, 2018
A national crisis shouldn't be politicized. All sundries should come together and fetch a lasting solution to any security issue instead of playing silly politics with human life.

The herdmen and farmer crisis has been on before and after 1999. In 2001, it blowed out of hand and OBJ then declared state of emergency in Plateau state. This issue should be solved once and for all instead of politicizing lives. The final solution to all these madness ranches. There are lot of advantage to the people, state and even farm production. We all should look into the bigger picture and make the world a better place for ourselves.

1 Like

Re: Oshiomhole: Herdsmen Not Responsible For Killings In Nigeria by Ebios(m): 6:42am On Aug 05, 2018
He just wants to say anything just to remain famous... but eeeh, he is not famous but notorious
Re: Oshiomhole: Herdsmen Not Responsible For Killings In Nigeria by Merimental(m): 6:45am On Aug 05, 2018
is dis felo confusing chairman wit Minister of information...jack of all trades master of none
Re: Oshiomhole: Herdsmen Not Responsible For Killings In Nigeria by thesicilian: 6:45am On Aug 05, 2018
Welcome to Oshiomole Politics 101.
Re: Oshiomhole: Herdsmen Not Responsible For Killings In Nigeria by KAHBOOM: 6:59am On Aug 05, 2018
Edo pipu una see una mini god.
Dis man almost made me hate edomites..Its time they stand up and tame dis ugly beast before he paints dem black before nigerians.

The monkey needs to be locked in a cage.
Re: Oshiomhole: Herdsmen Not Responsible For Killings In Nigeria by emmykey0128(m): 7:12am On Aug 05, 2018
This is the height of it, just because you won eat meat you dey call cow brother, imagine this dwarf saying the killing are not by fulani herdsmen even when miyetti Allah claimed responsibility of it? This OSHI-OMO-OLE should go and die
Re: Oshiomhole: Herdsmen Not Responsible For Killings In Nigeria by FarahAideed: 7:14am On Aug 05, 2018
This is proof that these people have no plans to solve the killings .. Nigerians should do all in their might to make sure they are sent packing in Next year's elections..... Just Imagine what this man is saying abate

1 Like

Re: Oshiomhole: Herdsmen Not Responsible For Killings In Nigeria by Hakeemalao: 7:14am On Aug 05, 2018
oti yawere
Re: Oshiomhole: Herdsmen Not Responsible For Killings In Nigeria by Thegamingorca(m): 9:25pm On Aug 05, 2018
izzou:
grin grin grin

grin grin grin grin

This should be the funniest shiit I'll read this week. Agency for Robotics? grin

And in the south east. grin grin

The dirty murky slum of a south east
Re: Oshiomhole: Herdsmen Not Responsible For Killings In Nigeria by Metuh: 9:39pm On Aug 05, 2018
This one is obviously mad.

Agbero chairman
Re: Oshiomhole: Herdsmen Not Responsible For Killings In Nigeria by annnikky(f): 9:42pm On Aug 05, 2018
If this man where to be a fulani man erh he would've slaughtered more than the fulani herdsmen undecided buh one day be one day.
Re: Oshiomhole: Herdsmen Not Responsible For Killings In Nigeria by IsaAbubakar: 9:45pm On Aug 05, 2018
and these are the people the likes of sarrki Madridguy ngeneukwenu are supporting later they'll be calling themselves Christians and Muslims 8 angry
Re: Oshiomhole: Herdsmen Not Responsible For Killings In Nigeria by Yankee101: 9:49pm On Aug 05, 2018
Is he for real?
Re: Oshiomhole: Herdsmen Not Responsible For Killings In Nigeria by AroleOduduwa(m): 12:01am On Aug 06, 2018
This short devil will say anything to appease his god and savior Buhari. I hope karma visit all the people responsible for the killings in Nigeria sooner than later.
Re: Oshiomhole: Herdsmen Not Responsible For Killings In Nigeria by deltaisgreat: 12:16am On Aug 06, 2018
Racoon:
The National Chairman of the All Progressive Congress (APC), Mr. Adams Oshiomhole saturday exonerated the marauding herdsmen from the killings in some parts of the country.

Oshiomhole, former governor of Edo State, also said some people were turning the truth upside down to portray the administration of President Muhammadu Buhari in bad light by linking all the killings in some states in the country as the handwork of herdsmen.

He exonerated the herdsmen at a rally he addressed in Abakaliki yesterday to receive some defectors to the APC, assuring Nigerians that President Muhammadu Buhari and security agencies were working hard to end insecurity in the country.

Some of the defectors include Sen. Sunny Ogboji, former Minister of Power and Steel, Mr. Goody Ogbaga, former Secretary to Ebonyi State Government, Mr. Ifeanyi Odoh and former Speaker of Ebonyi State House of Assembly, Hon. Augustine Nwankwegu.

At the rally, the national chairman urged Nigerians not “to allow themselves to be deceived by the antics of selfish politicians in the country who are trying to give the security challenges in the country an ethnic colouration in other to score cheap political points.”

He stressed that the security challenges were a ploy “to portray the government of President Muhammadu Buhari in bad light by portraying all the killings in some states in the country as the handwork of herdsmen.

“Let me urge you to be more careful because this season people are spreading untruth. People are being hired to turn the gospel upside down. They want us to believe that every problem should be explained in ethnic and religious terms.

“We have a problem and we must confront those problems. Criminals must be dealt with individually as criminals and government at all levels must work hard to protect every Nigerian regardless of tribe or religion.”

Oshiomhole urged the people of the South-east to vote for APC and Buhari in the 2019 elections as he has delivered democratic dividends to the zone.

According to him, if Buhari has remembered the Southeast which did not give him more than 10 percent in 2015 imagine what he will do if you give him 85 percent in 2019”.

In his remark at the rally, the Minister of Science and Technology, Dr. Ogbonnaya Onu in his remarks noted 2015 he pleaded with the people of the southeast not to put it’s eggs in one basket but his pleadings fell on deaf ears

He said: “In 2015 I pleased with the zone not to put our eggs in one basket. Today, I want them to compare the 16 years of PDP and relate it with just 3 years of PDP. The three years of APC is greater than the 16 years of PDP. The time has come for the South-east to be in the mainstream of Nigerian politics by voting for President Buhari and APC in 2019.

He urged the people not to give their PVCs to anybody but to guide it jealously as it is the only way they can return President Buhari in 2019.

Former Abịa State Governor, Chief Orji Uzor Kalu said the new River Niger Bridge, which the PDP could not construct in 16 years, has now reached 53 percent completion.

Kalu noted that work “is progressing in the two major highways in the zone, the Onitsha to Enugu Road and the Enugu Port Harcourt expressway.”

The former governor noted that the Southeast would give the President and APC majority of its votes in 2019 “to reply him for all the projects and democracy dividends he has magnanimously cited in the zone.”

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.thisdaylive.com/index.php/2018/08/05/oshiomhole-herdsmen-not-responsible-for-killings-in-nigeria/amp/
in Igbo land, we regard these men as EZE NA WHOGBU NDI Ò NA CHI. Sout East is for PDP simple
Re: Oshiomhole: Herdsmen Not Responsible For Killings In Nigeria by bobnatlo(m): 12:23am On Aug 06, 2018
Speechless!
This govt is evil!!
Re: Oshiomhole: Herdsmen Not Responsible For Killings In Nigeria by bobnatlo(m): 1:27am On Aug 06, 2018
FOLYKAZE:
A national crisis shouldn't be politicized. All sundries should come together and fetch a lasting solution to any security issue instead of playing silly politics with human life.

The herdmen and farmer crisis has been on before and after 1999. In 2001, it blowed out of hand and OBJ then declared state of emergency in Plateau state. This issue should be solved once and for all instead of politicizing lives. The final solution to all these madness ranches. There are lot of advantage to the people, state and even farm production. We all should look into the bigger picture and make the world a better place for ourselves.
Yes agreed!
But take the ranch to Sambisa, there's enough land there.
Moreover no security challenges there as Boko Haram has been defeated technically abi

We say NO to taking people's lands or using public funds for private business.

At least OBJ declared state of emergency to restore order n safeguard lives n properties. What has this govt done for the same problems.

If not from blaming foreign invaders, militants from Libya and eccowass treaties, meanwhile doing nothing about our borders. Or reviewing the said treaties.

To blaming anti grazing laws in two states.
Yet more people have been killed before the advent of this law in same states. And more people are being killed in other states without anti-grazing law at the same period.

Or recently blaming politicians in opposition to curry political favor. When there are no credible links the govt can produce to back their spurious claims.

Nigerian politicians will always be corrupt n will desperately do anything for power. But that's y we elected a govt. Get credible evidence and nail them in court. How can a govt avoid court orders for dasuki that stole/shared billions. Only to be laccadesica n careless about those sponsoring violence.
Or how can u be moaning n complaining about your responsibilities. If it's too much for u to handle get out period.

Guy nothing, I repeat nothing have battered d image of this present govt like their clueless handling of this Fulani headsman crises. We never had it this bad from any govt before.

Nigerians n especially this govt should cover their face in shame. That innocent bloods of her citizens are shed for meat. It's this same middle belt that voted for PMB that is dying carelessly under his watch for private business of meat.

How can a govt be protecting normadic husbandry in 21century. Something that even lower African countries abandoned decades ago.

Look the govt should be the melting point of ideas from every culture, religion, tribe etc of the society. But when a govt decides to choose all heads of security outfits from a section of the country, how can there not be an implosion in ideas n functions.

PMB was in Benue to claim he didn't know that IG disobeyed his orders to relocate to Benue. What was a common knowledge everywhere then.
Okay, after the visit, has there been any thing/explanation from the presidency to the grieving people of Benue state. Even if it's IG answer to d president's query. Isn't it better than nothing

With the number of lives lost in Zamfara state, why has d president not declared a SOE there?
At least putting milliary there would definitely restore order n save lots of life's before now. The governor has even come out to declare that he has absolutely no control on security of the state already.

Today it's obvious that our unitary security architecture is disfunctional n inefficient. So even if we pump billions into it, will still fail. So the clamour for state police.

But state police is one major cardinal promise of this present APC govt in 2015. Today it's the same very corrupt natl lawmakers that are pushing for it, while d govt is even denying that it's in their manifesto. Or claiming that party manifesto is diff from PMB's promises.

My conclusion:
PDP mismanaged governance n were careless n corrupt. But APC is completely a bounced cheque QED
Re: Oshiomhole: Herdsmen Not Responsible For Killings In Nigeria by bloodykiller: 3:22am On Aug 06, 2018
you don't expect anything less from a bastard suffering from a watery sperm.
Oshiomole is a scallywag - Ambode

Re: Oshiomhole: Herdsmen Not Responsible For Killings In Nigeria by praise010(m): 4:18am On Aug 06, 2018
Why are they forcing PMB on us.

There is no justification whatsoever that will make a reasonable Nigerian to vote for him.

PMB should go and rest

(1) (2) (Reply)

Indeed Akpabio Is Finished In Akwaibom ... / What Else Does Senator Saraki Know? / Errors In Buhari's WAEC Certificate

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.