Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,818 members, 7,810,146 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:39 PM

Actress Omotola Celebrates As She's Nominated At Oscar (photos) - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Actress Omotola Celebrates As She's Nominated At Oscar (photos) (1826 Views)

Princess Ekeinde 22nd Birthday: Omotola Celebrates Her First Child / Princess Ekeinde's 21st Birthday: Omotola Celebrates First Daughter / Omotola Celebrates 40th Birthday With Widows As Mr Ibu Supports Her(pics,video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Actress Omotola Celebrates As She's Nominated At Oscar (photos) by CastedBlog: 5:31pm On Aug 05, 2018
Omotola Jalade-Ekeinde, has been nominated as a member of OSCAR Voting board, The mother and wife received a confirmation letter yesterday, she shared the photos on her page, Congrats to her, see below!
The letter notifying Omosexy of her membership reads:

“Having demonstrated exceptional accomplishments in the field of theatrical motion pictures, Omotola Jalade-Ekeinde has been accepted as a member of The Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences.”

The Oscars are a set of 24 awards for artistic and technical merit in the American film industry, given annually by the AMPAS in recognition of excellence in cinematic achievements as assessed by the Academy’s voting membership.

From Ebiwali---
http://www.ebiwalisgossip.com/2018/08/actress-omotola-celebrates-as-shes.html

Cc; Lalasticlala

Re: Actress Omotola Celebrates As She's Nominated At Oscar (photos) by SIMPLYkush: 5:40pm On Aug 05, 2018
her pussy worked for her

4 Likes

Re: Actress Omotola Celebrates As She's Nominated At Oscar (photos) by Optimistdude: 5:43pm On Aug 05, 2018
You see Oscars..... Some are seeing Illuminati

2 Likes

Re: Actress Omotola Celebrates As She's Nominated At Oscar (photos) by Ishilove: 5:46pm On Aug 05, 2018
Ancient gist
Re: Actress Omotola Celebrates As She's Nominated At Oscar (photos) by Lozano: 6:42pm On Aug 05, 2018
SIMPLYkush:
her pussy worked for her

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Actress Omotola Celebrates As She's Nominated At Oscar (photos) by Chinachriss(m): 8:22pm On Aug 05, 2018
Congratulations Mummy Omotola. You deserve it dearly.

1 Like

Re: Actress Omotola Celebrates As She's Nominated At Oscar (photos) by Patrinus: 8:26pm On Aug 05, 2018
Always pioneering laudable achievements!

Go girl!

1 Like

Re: Actress Omotola Celebrates As She's Nominated At Oscar (photos) by Nobody: 9:22pm On Aug 05, 2018
Go girl! kiss
And some people keep comparing her with some other nollywood actresses, just cos they started acting at the same time. Omotola is definitely the most successful and accomplished. She's way way above them all.

Argue with ur phone. undecided

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Actress Omotola Celebrates As She's Nominated At Oscar (photos) by IGBOmarryme: 12:07am On Aug 06, 2018
janellemonae:
Go girl! kiss
And some people keep comparing her with some other nollywood actresses, just cos they started acting at the same time. Omotola is definitely the most successful and accomplished. She's way way above them all.

Argue with ur phone. undecided
Are you normal. is she more than GENEVIVE?
All Omotola's achievements both past present and future are beneath GENEWORLDWIDE.

2 Likes

Re: Actress Omotola Celebrates As She's Nominated At Oscar (photos) by safarigirl(f): 12:21am On Aug 06, 2018
If she is a member, what does that mean? How will it affect the Nigerian movie industry?

2 Likes

Re: Actress Omotola Celebrates As She's Nominated At Oscar (photos) by Nobody: 12:27am On Aug 06, 2018
IGBOmarryme:

Are you normal. is she more than GENEVIVE?
All Omotola's achievements both past present and future are beneath GENEWORLDWIDE.

Who is dt? That girl dt showed up uninvited to the Lagos state hosting of the French president and still couldn't get a seat? grin omotola dines with diplomats please.

Genevieve is not even winning in Ikeja LGA, not to talk of worldwide. Only the new oscar judge owns those accolades.

I didn't even mention names but u like to argue. Stephanie Linus is way more relevant than Genevieve.

1 Like

Re: Actress Omotola Celebrates As She's Nominated At Oscar (photos) by Nobody: 12:34am On Aug 06, 2018
safarigirl:
If she is a member, what does that mean? How will it affect the Nigerian movie industry?

She is a member of the oscar voting board. It's a big deal, even for Hollywood actors. You get to review new movies every year and vote to decide who wins the BIGGEST HONOUR of an actors career. It means they take her seriously enough to trust her judgement, dt in itself is an honor.

It will definitely affect the Nigerian movie industry to have someone privy to their criteria and process. It will improve the quality of our cinema, for those who want that level of recognition, exposure and possible investor connections. I see a lot of producers and directors consulting with her very soon. She's gotten more influence in the industry.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Actress Omotola Celebrates As She's Nominated At Oscar (photos) by Nobody: 12:44am On Aug 06, 2018
Ishilove:
Ancient gist

She just got the membership card.
Re: Actress Omotola Celebrates As She's Nominated At Oscar (photos) by IGBOmarryme: 12:44am On Aug 06, 2018
janellemonae:

Who is dt? That girl dt showed up uninvited to the Lagos state hosting of the French president and still couldn't get a seat? grin omotola dines with diplomats please.

Genevieve is not even winning in Ikeja LGA, not to talk of worldwide. Only the new oscar judge owns those accolades.

I didn't even mention names but u like to argue. Stephanie Linus is way more relevant than Genevieve.
Now i see you are just some village champion that operates on local level.
Who the hell is Omotola where Genevieve is, how many followers does she have on Instagram and twitter, when Genevieve tweets or uploads on Instagram the whole world stands still. Genevieve has the highest number of endorsements than any Nigerian movie actor male and female. Genevieve has once featured in Oprah Winfrey show which Omotala in her wildest dreams cannot appear. Genevieve has featured in most Hollywood movies that's why she is called African Halle Berry. I can go on and on and on.
When you come to Africa screenplay Geneveive is what comes to mind. Mercy Johnson's role model, Regina Daniel's mentor and role model etc...
Who is Omotala the local champion that is known only in Nigeria you are telling me about Oscar. mcteeew!! Oscar judge ko Oscar attorney ni.
Genevive's achievements in the movie world will dwarf Omotala and her family put together.

1 Like

Re: Actress Omotola Celebrates As She's Nominated At Oscar (photos) by Nobody: 12:57am On Aug 06, 2018
IGBOmarryme:

Now i see you are just some village kid that operates on local level. Who the hell is Omotola where Genevieve is, how many followers does she have on Instagram and twitter, when Genevieve tweets or uploads on Instagram the whole world stands still. Genevieve has the highest number of endorsements than any Nigerian movie actor male and female. Genevieve has once featured in Oprah Winfrey show which Omotala in her wildest dreams cannot appear. Genevieve has featured in most Hollywood movies tha t's why she is called African Halle Berry. I can go on and on and on.
When you come to Africa screenplay Geneveive is what comes to mind. Mercy Johnson's role model, Regina Daniel's mentor and role model etc...
Who is Omotala the local champion that is known only in Nigeria you are telling me about Oscar. mcteeew!! Oscar judge ko Oscar attorney ni.
Genevive's achievements in the movie world will dwarf Omotala and her family put together.

Instagram followers? You must be a kid.

We are talking about Oscar panel, the most prestigious acting body in the world, u are talking instagram.

We are not talking about journalists interviews. If it is by dt one, you should be comparing genevieves oprah interview with omotola being one of TIMEs 100most influential people in the world. You can decide who is more credible between TIME magazine and the Oprah show.

When Genevieve is recognized by the academy for anything, I'll take this rant seriously. grin

PS- all the bolded are lies btw. Fear God o.

1 Like

Re: Actress Omotola Celebrates As She's Nominated At Oscar (photos) by safarigirl(f): 1:00am On Aug 06, 2018
janellemonae:

She is a member of the oscar voting board. It's a big deal, even for Hollywood actors. You get to review new movies every year and vote to decide who wins the BIGGEST HONOUR of an actors career. It means they take her seriously enough to trust her judgement, dt in itself is an honor.

It will definitely affect the Nigerian movie industry to have someone privy to their criteria and process. It will improve the quality of our cinema, for those who want that level of recognition, exposure and possible investor connections. I see a lot of producers and directors consulting with her very soon. She's gotten even more influence over the industry.
Oscars is another award created for white people by white people who include a few black people and give them 'minority awards' to make them feel good about themselves and relevant. It is an avenue for black people to feel indebted to the nice white people who have found them 'worthy' to sit amongst them.

Most black people have long given up on the 'fairness' of the Oscars.....i mean, socially conscious black people. There is a standing joke that a black woman can only win an Oscar if she sleeps with a white man in a movie.

Black people need to get a sense of self-worth and stop dancing about whenever their white 'massas' give them something to appease their pint-sized ego.

This her new role will do as much for Nollywood as Obama's presidency did for Africa.

3 Likes

Re: Actress Omotola Celebrates As She's Nominated At Oscar (photos) by Nobody: 1:05am On Aug 06, 2018
safarigirl:
Oscars is another award created for white people by white people who include a few black people and give them 'minority awards' to make them feel good about themselves and relevant. It is an avenue for black people to feel indebted to the nice white people who have found them 'worthy' to sit amongst them.

Most black people have long given up on the 'fairness' of the Oscars.....i mean, socially conscious black people. There is a standing joke that a black woman can only win an Oscar if she sleeps with a white man in a movie.

Black people need to get a sense of self-worth and stop dancing about whenever their white 'massas' give them something to appease their pint-sized ego.

This her new role will do as much for Nollywood as Obama's presidency did for Africa.

The thing is really paining u Igbo people. I laugh in French. grin

3 Likes

Re: Actress Omotola Celebrates As She's Nominated At Oscar (photos) by safarigirl(f): 1:08am On Aug 06, 2018
janellemonae:

The thing is really paining u Igbo people. I laugh in French. grin
gosh! Another one of these dummies with the tribal angle.

Can't have a discussion with this one........ I hope this appointment will do something in your life, you obviously need it kiss

3 Likes

Re: Actress Omotola Celebrates As She's Nominated At Oscar (photos) by IGBOmarryme: 1:19am On Aug 06, 2018
janellemonae:

Oga we are talking about Oscar panel, the most prestigious acting body in the world.

We are not talking about journalists interviews. If it is by dt one, you should be comparing the oprah interview with omotola being one of TIMEs 100most influential people in the world. You can decide who is more credible between TIME magazine and the Oprah show.

When Genevieve is recognized by the academy for anything, I'll take this rant seriously. grin

Mr Man Genevieve is way beyond Omotala and dont give me that Oscar panel crap as if she is the only African or even Nigerian invited if you investigate properly, just because she is celebrating hers online doesnt mean she is the only one cos as far as i'm aware She was listed among other 928 members that were invited this year. The Academy topped last year’s record of 774 new members as it invited 683 members in 2016 and 322 in 2015. The Academy typically announces a list of invitations every year and has decided to expand its membership to 9,200 stems bolstering its ethnic and female representation following criticisms over its predominantly white, male membership so its no big deal these days as they inculcated the formula of expanding their horizon to only accommodate Africans and blacks most probably because of the success of BlackPanther movie i guess.

On a lighter mood Genevieve is a brand the whole world easily relates to from Asia to Europe to America down to Africa than Omotala the local champ reasons..

1.Genevieve started her acting career before Omotola. She made her debut in 1987 in the TV soap opera Ripples at the age of 8.

2.She was the first to get international recognition when she was described as the ‘Juliet Roberts of Africa’ by Oprah Winfrey in 2003.

3.She has a more successful relationship with corporate Nigeria. Deals with Lux, Range Rover, Etisalat, MUD, and her own fashion line St. Genevieve makes her a very successful brand in business than Omotola.

4.Both actresses have national honours- but Genevieve was the first to receive hers. She was awarded the Order of the Federal Republic in 2011.
Re: Actress Omotola Celebrates As She's Nominated At Oscar (photos) by IGBOmarryme: 1:22am On Aug 06, 2018
janellemonae:

Instagram followers? You must be a kid.

We are talking about Oscar panel, the most prestigious acting body in the world, u are talking instagram.

We are not talking about journalists interviews. If it is by dt one, you should be comparing genevieves oprah interview with omotola being one of TIMEs 100most influential people in the world. You can decide who is more credible between TIME magazine and the Oprah show.

PS- all the bolded are lies btw. Fear God o.
grin I state facts man not some Oscar multitude of panel crap. ON Personal achievements Genevieve is a goddess.
Re: Actress Omotola Celebrates As She's Nominated At Oscar (photos) by Nobody: 1:37am On Aug 06, 2018
safarigirl:
gosh! Another one of these dummies with the tribal angle.

Can't have a discussion with this one........ I hope this appointment will do something in your life, you obviously need it kiss

I have had 'discussions' with u in the past so I know ur angle.

U asked a specific question and got a specific answer. Ur racial argument is convoluted, so I can't take dt trash seriously. shocked

1 Like

Re: Actress Omotola Celebrates As She's Nominated At Oscar (photos) by Nobody: 1:39am On Aug 06, 2018
IGBOmarryme:

grin I state facts man not some Oscar multitude of panel crap. ON Personal achievements Genevieve is a goddess.

Heheheee.....okay.
Re: Actress Omotola Celebrates As She's Nominated At Oscar (photos) by IGBOmarryme: 1:49am On Aug 06, 2018
janellemonae:

Heheheee.....okay.
Lest i forget have you seen Geneworldwide's estate in ABUJA? Chai its MASSIVE ooo.

Give me 3 gboza for Genevieve biko come on!!
Re: Actress Omotola Celebrates As She's Nominated At Oscar (photos) by Nobody: 2:56am On Aug 06, 2018
IGBOmarryme:

Mr Man Genevieve is way beyond Omotala and dont give me that Oscar panel crap as if she is the only African or even Nigerian invited if you investigate properly, just because she is celebrating hers online doesnt mean she is the only one cos as far as i'm aware She was listed among other 928 members that were invited this year. The Academy topped last year’s record of 774 new members as it invited 683 members in 2016 and 322 in 2015. The Academy typically announces a list of invitations every year and has decided to expand its membership to 9,200 stems bolstering its ethnic and female representation following criticisms over its predominantly white, male membership so its no big deal these days as they inculcated the formula of expanding their horizon to only accommodate Africans and blacks most probably because of the success of BlackPanther movie i guess.

On a lighter mood Genevieve is a brand the whole world easily relates to from Asia to Europe to America down to Africa than Omotala the local champ reasons..

1.Genevieve started her acting career before Omotola. She made her debut in 1987 in the TV soap opera Ripples at the age of 8.

2.She was the first to get international recognition when she was described as the ‘Juliet Roberts of Africa’ by Oprah Winfrey in 2003.

3.She has a more successful relationship with corporate Nigeria. Deals with Lux, Range Rover, Etisalat, MUD, and her own fashion line St. Genevieve makes her a very successful brand in business than Omotola.

4.Both actresses have national honours- but Genevieve was the first to receive hers. She was awarded the Order of the Federal Republic in 2011.

U try wt ur list. Unfortunately I don't have energy. But all these local endorsements still hasn't explained the international achievement per ur bolded above. grin Among the actresses, only one person has dt accolade in naija. wink

2 Likes

Re: Actress Omotola Celebrates As She's Nominated At Oscar (photos) by Nobody: 3:19am On Aug 06, 2018
This is one of things that inspired her recent misyarning about nollywood producers not being able to afford her again.congrats by the way ma'am
Re: Actress Omotola Celebrates As She's Nominated At Oscar (photos) by IGBOmarryme: 4:00am On Aug 06, 2018
janellemonae:

U try wt ur list. Unfortunately I don't have energy. But all these local endorsements still hasn't explained the international achievement per ur bolded above. grin Among the actresses, only one person has dt accolade in naija. wink
I have decimated you with facts but you cant help but perambulate like a goat with knife on its throat.
What are you calling local achievements, is it Lux or Range Rover which one??
My friend our people say a man who does not know who is greater than him is still a baby.
Where Genevieve stands Omotala can not stand.
Have you checked her massive Estate? that is local too right?.

BTW Omotala is not the only Nigerian invited by Oscar so stop your noise already. People are winning the main Oscar awards while just a member of panel invitee is jumping up and down, there is no contender for Oscar award that is a panel member, that one is a reward for retirees. grin grin

1 Like

Re: Actress Omotola Celebrates As She's Nominated At Oscar (photos) by Nobody: 4:23am On Aug 06, 2018
IGBOmarryme:

I have decimated you with facts but you cant help but perambulate like a goat with knife on its throat.
What are you calling local achievements, is it Lux or Range Rover which one??
My friend our people say a man who does not know who is greater than him is still a baby.
Where Genevieve stands Omotala can not stand.
Have you checked her massive Estate? that is local too right?.

BTW Omotala is not the only Nigerian invited by Oscar so stop your noise already. People are winning the main Oscar awards while just a member of panel invitee is jumping up and down, there is no contender for Oscar award that is a panel member, that one is a reward for retirees. grin grin

What facts? Endorsements? Even the acting accolade dt is not meant for retirees genevieve has not collected it abroad. tongue

PS- Brains & hammers owns the 'massive international estate' in Abuja. Smh.
Re: Actress Omotola Celebrates As She's Nominated At Oscar (photos) by IGBOmarryme: 4:31am On Aug 06, 2018
janellemonae:

What facts? Endorsements? Even the acting accolade dt is not meant for retirees genevieve has not collected it abroad. tongue
All you are saying about Omoltala achievement is Oscar panel nothing else, and of course dining with Diplomats. grin grin
The long and short of everything is that Genevieve is like a role model to Omotala. cool
Re: Actress Omotola Celebrates As She's Nominated At Oscar (photos) by IGBOmarryme: 4:38am On Aug 06, 2018
safarigirl:

Are you taking that one serious? just a panel member among more that 900 other members and they are masturbating on it already, what happens if she was announced a winner of the Oscar award itself?.
Genevieve has too much class and swagg to be toiled with, she is an already insured brand.
Re: Actress Omotola Celebrates As She's Nominated At Oscar (photos) by IGBOmarryme: 5:02am On Aug 06, 2018
janellemonae:

PS- Brains & hammers owns the 'massive international estate' in Abuja. Smh.

And who told you the Real Estates company was not contracted to build the estate for her, or do you expect her to act movies and lay blocks too? grin grin
Re: Actress Omotola Celebrates As She's Nominated At Oscar (photos) by Nobody: 5:05am On Aug 06, 2018
IGBOmarryme:

All you are saying about Omoltala achievement is Oscar panel nothing else, and of course dining with Diplomats. grin grin
The long and short of everything is that Genevieve is like a role model to Omotala. cool

If ur 1st statement isn't international, I don't know what is. undecided Genevieve is her role model for what exactly? An accomplished Career or family? Both actresses have had endorsements from multinational companies.

Omotola edges out these older actresses because of her philanthropy and UN work which made her relevant on the speaking circuit. Whether u like it or not this has made her very influential and open doors for her, way above her peers, which is my point. Some of them don't even have active endorsements anymore. She still does, and gets invited to speak at their events, despite not acting regularly.

I'm not saying she's the best actress in Nigeria btw.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Oma Nnadi And Her Husband Celebrates 1st Year Wedding Anniversary With Loveuppic / Happy Birthday To Nollywood Star Actress Sharon Ooja / Actress Juliet Ibrahim Looking Amazing In New Pictures

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.