Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,779 members, 7,810,034 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:05 PM

Nine Corpers Drown In Taraba During Picnic By Riverside - NYSC (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / Nine Corpers Drown In Taraba During Picnic By Riverside (40411 Views)

Corpses Of Corpers Who Drowned In Taraba Sent Back To Their Families. Photo / Picture Of Taraba Corpers At The Riverside Picnic Before Drowning Moments Later. / 9 Corps Member Drown During Picnic In Taraba (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nine Corpers Drown In Taraba During Picnic By Riverside by mvem(m): 8:24pm On Aug 05, 2018
Achorise:
Are you a staff of NYSC. Your point is correct, others point of blame is also correct, what took them to Taraba?
Answer, I rest my case.
...na them...in the scheme now u choose 4 states u want to go to during nysc registration, then nysc select one of the 4 u chose...what point do u want to prove now?...people always want to find reason for death and in this one, it is them to blame..
RIP
Re: Nine Corpers Drown In Taraba During Picnic By Riverside by Danchibez: 8:32pm On Aug 05, 2018
I wonder how a full grown graduates will leave their primary assignment for picnic not in tandem with NYSC. Now they r corpses instead of corps members, wot a waste of resources from their parents?!!!

1 Like

Re: Nine Corpers Drown In Taraba During Picnic By Riverside by boxypane(m): 8:34pm On Aug 05, 2018
Should we blame Buhari for this carelessness again...Oh God... cry

1 Like

Re: Nine Corpers Drown In Taraba During Picnic By Riverside by themonk(m): 9:03pm On Aug 05, 2018
Ivanmykel:

wink
grin
See as you fresh like tomatoes.
Re: Nine Corpers Drown In Taraba During Picnic By Riverside by kirkwood: 9:04pm On Aug 05, 2018
NYSC is bullcrap. You get chained to place for one year
Re: Nine Corpers Drown In Taraba During Picnic By Riverside by popsyleo1: 9:04pm On Aug 05, 2018
Rip
Re: Nine Corpers Drown In Taraba During Picnic By Riverside by Ivanmykel(f): 9:10pm On Aug 05, 2018
themonk:
grin
See as you fresh like tomatoes.

Lol
Eshe
Re: Nine Corpers Drown In Taraba During Picnic By Riverside by salbis(m): 9:15pm On Aug 05, 2018
themonk:

Shut up please! They didn't die because of NYSC

Does any program in NYSC include picnic and swimming?

It's time we Africans stop making sensational and unreasonable comments so we can trace where Africa's problem is really coming from.

Even someone without a brain should know NYSC has nothing to do with this. Then the next question becomes what caused it? From there we can discuss why our water bodies do not have safety officials to instruct and save people from deaths like this.

We should stop all these stupid comments that aim to provoke sensational and emotional reactions from people with the same crowd mentality. The gimmick is mediocre already!!! We should tackle issues head-on instead of dancing around them.
Brilliant submission, I must say. Thank you.

1 Like

Re: Nine Corpers Drown In Taraba During Picnic By Riverside by Monday60655(m): 9:16pm On Aug 05, 2018
May their souls rest in the bossom of the Lord. The almighty God shall give their various families the fortitude to bear the loss in Jesus name...
Re: Nine Corpers Drown In Taraba During Picnic By Riverside by Pacesetter123(m): 9:33pm On Aug 05, 2018
Toks2008:
'Sudden upsurge'...hmmm! Who is thinking what i am thinking.? Dark continent.

May their souls R.I.P
My broda,i am still wondering ...oo.I can't relate to dis"while they were swimming ,there was a sudden upsurge in the volume of water.... "Water volume cannot rise so suddenly like dat under normal circumstance.Wen water ebb in a river bank,de tide wil take time to return water to its original volume at the bank.The tidal process itself is always gradual and not 'sudden'.At least,am from a niger delta area,dis happening is som hw- som hw.Meanwhile,de supposed tourists beach like dat has no local divers in case of emergency like dis.In our beach here in my L.G.A,such numbers of tourists cannot come n be allowed to do swimming on their own without an expert guiding n instructing dem on wot to do,irrespective of weda dey wer pre-informed or not.Chai Taraba!Who even give dem river sef

2 Likes

Re: Nine Corpers Drown In Taraba During Picnic By Riverside by larryhills: 9:57pm On Aug 05, 2018
goldcoinhub:
Nine corps members who are currently serving in Taraba State on Saturday drowned in River Mayo-Selbe in Gashaka Local government Area.

Taraba State Police Command Police Public Relations Officer, ASP David Missal, who confirmed the death of nine out of the 22 corps members who were swimming in River Mayo-Selbe said seven corpses have so far been recovered from the incident.

“Information available revealed that 22 youth corps members had gone on a picnic party in River Mayo-Selbe in Gashaka LGA on Saturday when the incident happened

“We were made to understand that while they were swimming in the river, there was sudden upsurge in the volume of water, which carried them away.

“Nine of them drowned, while others managed to escape.

“We have so far recovered seven corpses, while the search for the two remaining corpses is still in progress,” Missal said.

State NYSC Coordinator, Mrs. Florence Yaakugh, also confirmed the incident, which she described as “most unfortunate.”

Yaakugh also confirmed that seven bodies have been recovered, while the search for the other two bodies was still ongoing by the locals in collaboration with security agencies and the NYSC.

“It’s a very sad development and we would soon have the identity of all the corps members involved in the accident and make such information known appropriately.

“We have very sketchy information indicating that about nine of our corps members drowned in Gashaka yesterday.

“So far, seven bodies have been recovered and we are working with relevant persons to recover the rest of the bodies and to identify them.

“This is a very sad development and the entire NYSC family in Taraba State is already thrown into deep mourning,” she said.

https://lailasnews.com/nine-corps-members-drown-during-picnic-by-riverside-in-taraba/
may dere amiable souls rest in paradise...... journey ANYI (Vega) , Arinze and others...... I served in the same ppa with d two I mentioned but now dey r gone forever...

Re: Nine Corpers Drown In Taraba During Picnic By Riverside by themonk(m): 9:58pm On Aug 05, 2018

1 Like

Re: Nine Corpers Drown In Taraba During Picnic By Riverside by themonk(m): 9:59pm On Aug 05, 2018
salbis:
Welcome bro.
Re: Nine Corpers Drown In Taraba During Picnic By Riverside by wizstar419: 11:03pm On Aug 05, 2018
Rip
Re: Nine Corpers Drown In Taraba During Picnic By Riverside by chimeziedickson: 11:03pm On Aug 05, 2018
So sad!.......Rip
Re: Nine Corpers Drown In Taraba During Picnic By Riverside by LoveThemChubby(m): 11:16pm On Aug 05, 2018
Babyforever:
NYSC is a total waste of time....RIP though
Were they posted to the river for picnic? Why blame it on Nysc?
Re: Nine Corpers Drown In Taraba During Picnic By Riverside by Babyforever(f): 11:33pm On Aug 05, 2018
themonk:

Shut up please! They didn't die because of NYSC

Does any program in NYSC include picnic and swimming?

It's time we Africans stop making sensational and unreasonable comments so we can trace where Africa's problem is really coming from.

Even someone without a brain should know NYSC has nothing to do with this. Then the next question becomes what caused it? From there we can discuss why our water bodies do not have safety officials to instruct and save people from deaths like this.

We should stop all these stupid comments that aim to provoke sensational and emotional reactions from people with the same crowd mentality. The gimmick is mediocre already!!! We should tackle issues head-on instead of dancing around them.
Don't you ever in your miserable life quote me again you hopeless rottweiler
Re: Nine Corpers Drown In Taraba During Picnic By Riverside by themonk(m): 11:51pm On Aug 05, 2018
Babyforever:
Don't you ever in your miserable life quote me again you hopeless rottweiler
grin
Re: Nine Corpers Drown In Taraba During Picnic By Riverside by ameh99: 12:24am On Aug 06, 2018
matrixme:
how very sad. The loss of lives of corp members in this administration is something else. Before some people open their ugly mouths to protest against this comment, let them remember the many others who died due to extra-judicial policemen killings as well as a failed healthcare system at the camps. These are somebody's children/brothers/sisters too.

what is diswan saying nah.....
Re: Nine Corpers Drown In Taraba During Picnic By Riverside by Elliot2(m): 12:39am On Aug 06, 2018
paparazzi1987:

So if they are in their respective state,They won't drown? undecided
U lack sense! u no get sense small sef!
Re: Nine Corpers Drown In Taraba During Picnic By Riverside by Elliot2(m): 12:50am On Aug 06, 2018
Achorise:
I concor
u concur to dat trash?
Re: Nine Corpers Drown In Taraba During Picnic By Riverside by Elliot2(m): 12:53am On Aug 06, 2018
Danchibez:
I wonder how a full grown graduates will leave their primary assignment for picnic not in tandem with NYSC. Now they r corpses instead of corps members, wot a waste of resources from their parents?!!!
kid!
Re: Nine Corpers Drown In Taraba During Picnic By Riverside by Elliot2(m): 1:01am On Aug 06, 2018
salbis:
Kid?! during my time we went hill climbing,carrying some gud roasted bush meat n palmwine frm d locals for jolly.d only way to survive boring nysc .#scrapnysc.
Re: Nine Corpers Drown In Taraba During Picnic By Riverside by Elliot2(m): 1:07am On Aug 06, 2018
LoveThemChubby:

Were they posted to the river for picnic? Why blame it on Nysc?
dis is just one out of so many cases involving corps members.
Re: Nine Corpers Drown In Taraba During Picnic By Riverside by smsinnigeria(m): 1:11am On Aug 06, 2018
Ehhhhh they didn't ask questions before going into that river. Some rivers don't welcome non indigens .The river goddes became annoyed.
Whatever it's so sad. May God grant the parents of the death corps members the fortitude to bear this irreplaceable lost and cause the serving members of NYSC all around the country to learn a lesson from this incident.
Re: Nine Corpers Drown In Taraba During Picnic By Riverside by NairaMaster1(m): 1:11am On Aug 06, 2018
matrixme:
how very sad. The loss of lives of corp members in this administration is something else. Before some people open their ugly mouths to protest against this comment, let them remember the many others who died due to extra-judicial policemen killings as well as a failed healthcare system at the camps. These are somebody's children/brothers/sisters too.

Who send them? Immorality.

I was a corper too. What's picnic? You don't know how to swim what led you to the river?
Re: Nine Corpers Drown In Taraba During Picnic By Riverside by NairaMaster1(m): 1:13am On Aug 06, 2018
Babyforever:
NYSC is a total waste of time....RIP though

No!! They are wasted corper. Who told them to near river if they can't swim.

We were there. RIPP!!
Re: Nine Corpers Drown In Taraba During Picnic By Riverside by NairaMaster1(m): 1:13am On Aug 06, 2018
HypocriticalMod:
Who sent them to go for picnic? Picnic has now turned to serving. All these young generations and unnecessary flexing sha embarassed

Thank you.
Re: Nine Corpers Drown In Taraba During Picnic By Riverside by donqx: 1:16am On Aug 06, 2018
ohh
Re: Nine Corpers Drown In Taraba During Picnic By Riverside by omoelerin1: 1:37am On Aug 06, 2018
Achorise:
Are you a staff of NYSC. Your point is correct, others point of blame is also correct, what took them to Taraba?
Answer, I rest my case.
I don't understand how some people like you reason.
Last year, some unilag post graduate students went to the beach to celebrate birthday of one of them. 3 of them were drowned while swimming.
Tell me what took them to Lagos.

I hope you would blame education system, as you blame NYSC.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Corper Azeez Shittu Olalekan Missing In Jigawa After Their Bus Was Robbed / Share Your Nysc Sex Tales / How Can One Change PPA?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.