Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,707 members, 7,809,686 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:09 PM

Raped Rhodes University Student Commits Suicide, 3 Months After - Crime (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Raped Rhodes University Student Commits Suicide, 3 Months After (52404 Views)

Shocking- Kwara Lady Committed Suicide 3 Months After Her Boyfriend Died (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Raped Rhodes University Student Commits Suicide, 3 Months After by Nobody: 11:10am On Aug 06, 2018
To The Pervs in Nl :- Like a clock with the pendulum in full swing, the mind moves as fast time flies. You ought to mind your thoughts, for if they turn to your enemies, they will be too many for you and drag you down to ruin.

4 Likes

Re: Raped Rhodes University Student Commits Suicide, 3 Months After by pocohantas(f): 11:15am On Aug 06, 2018
balorx:
if women dress conservative, the rate of rape will reduce drastically

Hello, Minister of Conservative Dressing.

Please, can you explain the situation in India?
High rate of raped kids, both male and female?

3 Likes

Re: Raped Rhodes University Student Commits Suicide, 3 Months After by theoldpretender(m): 11:17am On Aug 06, 2018
balorx:
if women dress conservative, the rate of rape will reduce drastically

It won't because rapists don't necessarily work based on dressing.A rapist will rape a girl who dresses conservatively., or loosely...it does not matter.

Now, I am a man who fully supports conservative dressing. At the same time, I also support men controlling themsevles well.

You see, we men are the stronger gender, women are the weaker gender...and being stronger confers on us the responsibility to be strong in everything...including controlling our thoughts.

If a woman is raped and we blame her dressing...where is the blame for the 'responsibility' that men have in controlling their thoughts.?

3 Likes

Re: Raped Rhodes University Student Commits Suicide, 3 Months After by maxzzo1(m): 11:18am On Aug 06, 2018
Rapist should hanged.... Pls ladies should learn to dress moderately n decently from those pix i wonder....rip
Re: Raped Rhodes University Student Commits Suicide, 3 Months After by RELAN2446(m): 11:19am On Aug 06, 2018
D way she dress tho!!! Dress well in ur nxt life to avoid rape Rip

3 Likes

Re: Raped Rhodes University Student Commits Suicide, 3 Months After by Nobody: 11:21am On Aug 06, 2018
theoldpretender:

It won't because rapists don't necessarily work based on dressing.A rapist will rape a girl who dresses conservatively., or loosely...it does not matter.

Now, I am a man who fully supports conservative dressing. At the same time, I also support men controlling themsevles well.

You see, we men are the stronger gender, women are the weaker gender...and being stronger confers on us the responsibility to be strong in everything...including controlling our thoughts.

If we rape a woman and blame her dressing...where is the blame for the 'responsibility' that men have in controlling their thoughts.?
let them dress conservative first, then we can blame the mengrin

3 Likes

Re: Raped Rhodes University Student Commits Suicide, 3 Months After by Nobody: 11:23am On Aug 06, 2018
pocohantas:

Hello, Minister of Conservative Dressing.

Please, can you explain the situation in India?
High rate of raped kids, both male and female?
i neva said it wud stop. i only said it will reduce drastically and besides the kids, boys are also included
Re: Raped Rhodes University Student Commits Suicide, 3 Months After by theoldpretender(m): 11:24am On Aug 06, 2018
kongolo:
What the mods did to your posts and that of Dami12345 was 100% wrong.Having different perspectives on an issue should never be discouraged.Nairaland's censorship of dissentive voices is no different than the Government censorship that occurs in North Korea and Belarus.

Dami was banned because (I am not the mod, or part of them) he(my presumption) essentially blamed the woman for her rape, and insuinated that she was 'asking for it'.Same thing for the guy you quoted.

Dissent is one thing, justifying wrong doing is another.

I have treated some women who have been raped. And a good number of them were raped in their own house at gunpoint. Some were attacked by people they know.

And we know the stories on Nairaland...some women are invited to a aprty by someone they know...or attacked in their own homes (happened to ayoung lady)....

And many women have issues as a reuslt of being hurt.

You cannot commit a crime, and justify it on the basis of 'she asked for it'.

I back conservative dressing. But based on my experience, I don't think I can agree with the presumption that women are raped because of their provocative dressing. Or go and ask the Kenyan writer Ngugi wa Thiong'o...whose wife...an elderly woman in her sixties..whose dressing was that of a woman her age (and who does not look that attractive even..apologies to the great writer) was raped by armed robbers in her home several years ago...infront of her husband.

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Raped Rhodes University Student Commits Suicide, 3 Months After by theoldpretender(m): 11:27am On Aug 06, 2018
balorx:
let them dress conservative first, then we can blame the mengrin

I rarely wish bad things to happen to people....but I hope some female relative or friend of yours experiences rape...and I hope you tellher that it was her fault and it was because of her dressing...and we should leave the rapist alone.

Good morning. I back conservative dressing. I even think girls don't need makeup, attachment, etc....but I also think it is despicable of you to blame women for being raped.

Grow up. This is not a joke.

1 Like

Re: Raped Rhodes University Student Commits Suicide, 3 Months After by DrP2000(m): 11:34am On Aug 06, 2018
My brother, pray that anyone close to you will not be subjected to such inhumane act called RAPE. In as much as its not only women that can be raped, men also pass through such but not all women posses the ability to cushion or withstand such trauma. By raping someone you have traumatized the person, physically, emotionally, psychologically, socially, medically and otherwise.

Physically because the sex is not consensual and never romantic but forcefully, couple with the fact the vagina if fragile can lead to tears on the vagina wall and muscles. This can take weeks or months to heal with agonising pains. Imagine your sister bearing these pains , wailing day and night.

Socially because there is a stigma associated with it, sincerely, most male guys( not all) doesnt want to associate with a victim of rape, even there female counterparts may mock them, ask yourself can you marry her, even married couples hardly remain the same when the female is raped.

Medically, this person that.raped you, will not wear a protection, you dont know his health status,there by being exposed to various infections both bacterial, fungi and worst of it viral wg HIV, HBV. HERPES etc.Mind you she will.spend money treating these infections immediately or for life because of the rapist

Emotionally, most women that has ever been raped , hardly enjoy sex anymore, because it reminds them of the horrible experience they passed through on that day or night she was raped.

Psychologically, it makes those women loose sense of belonging and dignity which will be difficult to be restored
I can go on and on but in a nutshell, in as much as comiting suicide is not acceptable but raping someone is not only devilish, satanic, horible act that the culprits should be severely punished.

Having said this, permit me to inform you that some ladies uses rape as a decoy or takes undue advantage of it, some after a consensual sex , will want to frame the male counterpart up or seek for public sympathy. The truth is that true victims of rape rarely voice out because of the social stigma

So pls pray for gentle soul because you dont know what she has passed through. MAY HER GENTLE SOUL REST IN PERFECT PEACE

1 Like

Re: Raped Rhodes University Student Commits Suicide, 3 Months After by Princess4ng(f): 11:36am On Aug 06, 2018
ehyah..its such a pity............may God help us in this sinful world....................
Re: Raped Rhodes University Student Commits Suicide, 3 Months After by kongolo(m): 11:37am On Aug 06, 2018
theoldpretender:

Dami was banned because (I am not the mod, or part of them) he(my presumption) essentially blamed the woman for her rape, and insuinated that she was 'asking for it'.Same thing for the guy you quoted.

Dissent is one thing, justifying wrong doing is another

I have treated some women who have been raped. And a good number of them were raped in their own house at gunpoint. Some were attacked by people they know.

And we know the stories on Nairaland...some women are invited to a aprty by someone they know...or attacked in their own homes (happened to ayoung lady)....

And many women have issues as a reuslt of being hurt.

You cannot commit a crime, and justify it on the basis of 'she asked for it'.

I back conservative dressing. But based on my experience, I don't think I can agree with the presumption that women are raped because of their provocative dressing. Or go and ask the Kenyan writer Ngugi wa Thiong'o...whose wife...an elderly woman in her sixties..whose dressing was that of a woman her age (and who does not look that attractive even..apologies to the great writer) was raped by armed robbers in her home several years ago...infront of her husband.
Even if they both blamed the lady for the act,their posts should not have been deleted.That action was not only disrespectful to both of them but also disrespectful to those of us reading through the comments.The mods should have let us make up our minds about whether their comments justified rape or not.Some people will disagree with them others will agree.That is how a forum ought to be

5 Likes

Re: Raped Rhodes University Student Commits Suicide, 3 Months After by pocohantas(f): 11:47am On Aug 06, 2018
balorx:
ignorant feminist, i neva said the rapist should be pardoned. 80% of women dress indecent. also my sister dress conservative, an average mother dresses well but conservative compared to our ladies tagged slayqueens.

Look at how emotional you have gotten, because your female loved ones were brought into the mix. Maybe if some men could think more of the females they love, they won't rape other men's loved ones.

You also conveniently tagged 80% of women indecent dressers, but somehow, your mother and sisters are not part of this large percentage. How convenient!

6 Likes

Re: Raped Rhodes University Student Commits Suicide, 3 Months After by meforyou1(m): 11:48am On Aug 06, 2018
pocohantas:

We already know their true nature, we don't need them to reinforce it with their comments here. We already know rape victims get more blames. We know they rarely speak out. We know why they rarely speak out. We would also be delusional to think a forum like NL doesn't have actual rape victims and RAPISTS too. The victims see these comments, they get depressed. The RAPISTS see them and become more brazen.

Nairaland is Nigeria's largest online forum, most Google search will lead you back to NL. Yet we allow such comments litter our frontpage.

Do you know that a NLDER committed suicide recently? He was duped by a travel agent. He even created a thread to share his experience. Less than a week later, he killed himself.
We need some sanity on this forum.
I remember the story. About Kaghastan or so. So so sad. So so terrible. That's how one beautiful NTA news presenter in the 90s committed suicide after being raped in Abuja.
Re: Raped Rhodes University Student Commits Suicide, 3 Months After by Nobody: 11:51am On Aug 06, 2018
pocohantas:

Look at how emotional you have gotten, because your female loved ones were brought into the mix. Maybe if some men could think more of the females they love, they won't rape other men's loved ones.

You also conveniently tagged 80% of women indecent dressers, but somehow, your mother and sisters are not part of this large percentage. How convenient!
its okay, don't cry .grin
Re: Raped Rhodes University Student Commits Suicide, 3 Months After by ireneidiva(f): 11:53am On Aug 06, 2018
Asology:
Quite sad...

But the dressing of the young lady as pictured above leaves certain questions unanswered
And little kids that get raped?

2 Likes

Re: Raped Rhodes University Student Commits Suicide, 3 Months After by poik(m): 12:09pm On Aug 06, 2018
Abiiiike:

Don't keep your phones in your hand while walking on the street coz it attracts phone snatchers.
Don't make too much money coz it attracts robbers/kidnappers.
Avoid driving cars coz you could get hit by a drunk driver.

NONSENSE!!

If your phone was snatched from you or your property got stolen, would you blame the criminal or would you blame yourself for 'tempting' the criminal??

Isn't it time we realised how horrible it is to shame victims of rape coz of the way they chose to dress?.. last time I checked, only animals are incapable of controlling theirselves, and those dogs should be punished severely!
I am not a supporter of rape, but I won't join the band wagon of people who will like and share thus thing you wrote here, because the analogy doesn't add up. Maybe we should all go stark naked in the streets because we have the right to. Correcting dress sense to keep someone out of harms way is not shaming. I do not subscribe to rape, but it can be stimulated. I agree there are psychopathic cases, but in most cases, these ladies are the architect of these maladies. Take it or leave it. Let's not muddle it up. Its not everywhere that lust thrives. A simple look at her appearance will tell you volumes of how that girl views clothing. I sympathize with her, but girls need to learn.

2 Likes

Re: Raped Rhodes University Student Commits Suicide, 3 Months After by poik(m): 12:13pm On Aug 06, 2018
Abiiiike:

Don't keep your phones in your hand while walking on the street coz it attracts phone snatchers.
Don't make too much money coz it attracts robbers/kidnappers.
Avoid driving cars coz you could get hit by a drunk driver.

NONSENSE!!

If your phone was snatched from you or your property got stolen, would you blame the criminal or would you blame yourself for 'tempting' the criminal??

Isn't it time we realised how horrible it is to shame victims of rape coz of the way they chose to dress?.. last time I checked, only animals are incapable of controlling theirselves, and those dogs should be punished severely!

And by the way there are ways someone can position himself or herself by being unnecessarily loud and indiscreet, and attract criminals to steal his or her property. It has happened countlessly. There is a way you can drive a car and have an accident. So let us know what we are doing and be guided. Let us our own part before we know when and where to blame the next person. I agree though that self control is key, but let us not stimulate rage in whatever form

2 Likes

Re: Raped Rhodes University Student Commits Suicide, 3 Months After by Abiiiike(f): 12:13pm On Aug 06, 2018
poik:

I am not a supporter of rape, but I won't join the band wagon of people who will like and share thus thing you wrote here, because the analogy doesn't add up. Maybe we should all go stark naked in the streets because we have the right to. Correcting dress sense to keep someone out of harms way is not shaming. I do not subscribe to rape, but it can be stimulated. I agree there are psychopathic cases, but in most cases, these ladies are the architect of these maladies. Take it or leave it. Let's not muddle it up. Its not everywhere that lust thrives. A simple look at her appearance will tell you volumes of how that girl views clothing. I sympathize with her, but girls need to learn.

If you had come across her on the street dressed like that, would you have raped her??
Re: Raped Rhodes University Student Commits Suicide, 3 Months After by Senorprinz(m): 12:19pm On Aug 06, 2018
drlateef:

Anything that serves as deterrent against rape must not be discounted.......and that includes indecent dressing. Men are attracted by what they see. A word is enough for the wise. My condolences to the family of the victim.

Indecent dressing or not, there is a reason why humans are called higher animals, if a man can't control himself, what then differentiates him from an animal, no man has any right whatsoever to a woman's body, whether she is clad, semi-clad or unclad. There is no difference between a rapist and an armed robber, both took what weren't theirs without the consent of their victims.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Raped Rhodes University Student Commits Suicide, 3 Months After by poik(m): 12:19pm On Aug 06, 2018
Abiiiike:

If you had come across her on the street dressed like that, would you have raped her??
No, I won't, but I can't say same for the next man, neither does it make her any more decent looking. If you knew a dog has rabies in the next compound will you visit your friend there?
Make we no see black dey call am white

2 Likes

Re: Raped Rhodes University Student Commits Suicide, 3 Months After by Abiiiike(f): 12:23pm On Aug 06, 2018
poik:

No, I won't, but I can't say same for the next man, neither does it make her any more decent looking. If you knew a dog has rabies in the next compound will you visit your friend there?
Make we no see black dey call am white

Why??... how are u different from the next man, is it because you can actually control your thoughts and actions but he cannot??

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Raped Rhodes University Student Commits Suicide, 3 Months After by babeosisi: 12:24pm On Aug 06, 2018
maxzzo1:
Rapist should hanged.... Pls ladies should learn to dress moderately n decently from those pix i wonder....rip

Shut up!!
I say shut it tight
You rapists on the prowl hiding under monikers ,you won't escape judgment here on earth
You imbeciles rape mad women on the streets
You rape mentally handicapped females
You rape little babies crawling by
Innocent elementary school kids
Grandmothers
Girls in coma
Even copses have been raped
No be una dey rape horse and sheep for bush?
Please take your decency lesson and shove it
Rape is a crime
A woman has no hand in that crime
100% of the blame goes to the lunatic criminal who should have never been conceived
Get it?
Re: Raped Rhodes University Student Commits Suicide, 3 Months After by poik(m): 12:26pm On Aug 06, 2018
EsmeraldaR1:

Don’t ever say that again,so because of her dressing,she asked to be raped?what of men that go shirtless,are they also asking for rape too?

Let's even face it, how many men have you ever seen going about shirtless in the streets? How many? Compared to the mammary- baring and scandalous skin-showing that is the lot of our ladies today? Someone said the reason homosexuality is on the increase is because people have seen too much of the ladies and they are tired, hence they turn on the men who cover themselves well. And there is some contextual sense in that. Besides, anatomically, a woman's body holds more allure than that of a man. Let's not justify what is wrong, and its not like I am supporting rape, but let these girls learn to dress decently

2 Likes

Re: Raped Rhodes University Student Commits Suicide, 3 Months After by derecho(m): 12:31pm On Aug 06, 2018
Great points... But also note that self control isn't as easy as you typed it.Even those who are controlled by the Spirit need to flee every appearance of evil.In a nutshell,it's by Grace.
Again, there are fewer incidences of decent ladies being raped.There is a reason certain dressing are termed PROVOCATIVE.
No one supports rape and no one should play the ostrich. The guys who raped her are depraved people and you shouldn't expect those to exhibit self-control.
One more thing,
Self-control cut across what we do and allow.
It's about discipline. Dressing provocatively shows one lacks self-control too.
theoldpretender:

I agree with all your points, except point no 3.

There are ladies who dress conservatively, and they still got raped. A rapist does not care about dressing...all they care about is attacking.

Also, dressing like a loose woman does not mean that the woman wants to be raped, any more than a guy wearing nothing but shorts to show off his six packs means that women should now grope and make sexual advances, even rape towards him.

I have seen many women dressed 'loose' and have never ever contemplated raping them, or haivng intercourse with them, and if I do, I keep it at thought level..and dismiss it...than practicalise it.

We men need to control ourselves. We are not monkeys.
Re: Raped Rhodes University Student Commits Suicide, 3 Months After by Nobody: 12:35pm On Aug 06, 2018
balorx:
ignorant feminist, i neva said the rapist should be pardoned. 80% of women dress indecent. also my sister dress conservative, an average mother dresses well but conservative compared to our ladies tagged slayqueens.
you want to blame a woman for your perversion or mental disorder now. How cool? So a woman dresses indecent.. next is to rape her. How about you call her and tell her to wear something appropriate. You will have daughters and I hope they don't experience such.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

2 Businessmen Shot Dead In Nkpor, Anambra (Photos) / Outrage As Lady Slaps Another Lady Repeatedly (photos) / Gay Prophet Calistus Ezeanyaeche Caught With Condom & Stripped Unclad By Mob

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.