Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,719 members, 7,813,369 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 11:25 AM

John Dumelo Touching Statue Of Jesus In Montreal Catholic Church - Celebrities (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / John Dumelo Touching Statue Of Jesus In Montreal Catholic Church (40252 Views)

John Dumelo Reacts To Ebony Reigns Death: "Celebrities Are A Bunch Of Hypocrite" / John Dumelo Gets Engaged (Photo) / Florence Flomo: I Am John Dumelo's Baby Mama, He's Father Of My 2-Year-Old Son (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: John Dumelo Touching Statue Of Jesus In Montreal Catholic Church by Princess4ng(f): 4:51pm On Aug 06, 2018
BluntBoy:

So, we should sacrifice God's commandments because of the power of faith?

Are you trying to tell me that it is right for me to bow to a stone because I have faith in it?

The mistake we make is thinking that faith is the keyword. Idol worshippers have faith in their idols and it works for some of them. Does it make them qualified to make heaven? Of course, not. Even if you have strong faith, but break God's commandments at will, you are in danger.

This is clearly idol worshipping and it is a sin because there is only one God and He has always shown His hate for idols.

ok pastor........... please go to all the Catholic Churches in Nigeria and tell dem this......... as i said earlier, m not Catholic and it is my own opinion which i think m entitled to

2 Likes

Re: John Dumelo Touching Statue Of Jesus In Montreal Catholic Church by Wiseandtrue(f): 4:53pm On Aug 06, 2018
daroz:
It’s normal, Catholics are idol worshippers.
Not true. Seek and you shall find

1 Like

Re: John Dumelo Touching Statue Of Jesus In Montreal Catholic Church by zedman1(m): 4:53pm On Aug 06, 2018
Wait, but God commanded Solomon to beautify his temple with what? God told the Israelites to look up to the bronze serpent for healing, why? Was it not the same God that previously commanded the Isrealites not to make graven Images? Does the Catholic see the images in churches as others gods?....... Think deeper.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: John Dumelo Touching Statue Of Jesus In Montreal Catholic Church by BluntBoy(m): 4:54pm On Aug 06, 2018
Princess4ng:

ok pastor........... please go to all the Catholic Churches in Nigeria and tell dem this......... as i said earlier, m not Catholic and it is my own opinion which i think m entitled to

Do you know the meaning of opinion?

You have no opinion in matters that are clear. Idol worshipping was condemned severally in the Bible. What opinion do you want to form again?

Supposing we are discussing open matters like women wearing trousers, you can have an opinion. But on matters of idol worshipping, the Bible already provided an answer. We are not to bow down to graven images. You can't be forming opinions over something so straightforward.

1 Like

Re: John Dumelo Touching Statue Of Jesus In Montreal Catholic Church by Princess4ng(f): 4:56pm On Aug 06, 2018
BluntBoy:

Do you know the meaning of opinion?

You have no opinion in matters that are clear. Idol worshipping was condemned severally in the Bible. What opinion do you want to form again?

Supposing we are discussing open matters like wearing of trousers, you can have an opinion. But on matters of idol worshipping, the Bible already provided an answer. We are not to bow down to graven images? You can't be forming opinions over something so straightforward.

sorry sir.............. i wont use the word again....... it was nice doing business wif u....thanks
Re: John Dumelo Touching Statue Of Jesus In Montreal Catholic Church by DavidEsq(m): 4:58pm On Aug 06, 2018
TheUbermensch:

By heavens the context is referring to the Sun, moon, stars and other heavenly bodies.

This is something everybody knows.
So Jesus is not in heaven abi? So heaven is limited to stars, moon and sun abi?
Matthew 4:8 says: ".........you shall worship the Lord your God(not the image u carved to represent God) and him only shall you serve".
A carved image of God is not God, in spite of whatever reverence ur heart may feel. In fact, without kneeling to that image, u wld feel that reverence in ur heart at all and dis fact says it all.
Re: John Dumelo Touching Statue Of Jesus In Montreal Catholic Church by BluntBoy(m): 5:00pm On Aug 06, 2018
Princess4ng:

sorry sir.............. i wont use the word again....... it was nice doing business wif u....thanks

Come on, where are you going to?

Don't take this as a fight or a quarrel. Just see it as a synagogue of sort where Christians come around to reason together. Perhaps, my tone was harsh but I am just like that when it comes to matters of the scripture. Perhaps, my years of morning cries have affected even my tone.
Re: John Dumelo Touching Statue Of Jesus In Montreal Catholic Church by Nobody: 5:01pm On Aug 06, 2018
notoriousbabe:
bring am I go chop
OK grin grin grin
Re: John Dumelo Touching Statue Of Jesus In Montreal Catholic Church by Princess4ng(f): 5:01pm On Aug 06, 2018
BluntBoy:

Come on, where are you going to?

Don't take this as a fight or a quarrel. Just see it as a synagogue of sort where Christians come around to reason together. Perhaps, my tone was harsh but I am just like that when it comes to matters of the scripture. Perhaps, my years of morning cries has affected even my tone.

lol.....ur so funny nd sweet............ i never took it as a fight either.i dont have strength to quarrel sef......... i understand ur own point of view..thats exactly what i meant

1 Like 1 Share

Re: John Dumelo Touching Statue Of Jesus In Montreal Catholic Church by Nobody: 5:08pm On Aug 06, 2018
monex:

infallibility does not mean sinless-ness. The pope can (and i would bet does) sin. The catholics define infallibility as his exemption from error when he speaks ex-cathedra (in his capacity as head of the church) on a matter of doctrine
ok, understood
Re: John Dumelo Touching Statue Of Jesus In Montreal Catholic Church by Kasjudy(m): 5:09pm On Aug 06, 2018
BloggersNG:
Actor John Dumelo Earlier Today Shared a photo of himself Bowing to a Caved Jesus, as he prayed for his Fans, However it didn't go down well with them as they Blasted him quoting the second Commandment, and he just reacted to why he did that, see below

From Ebiwali—
https://www.ebiwalisgossip.com/2018/08/actor-john-dumelo-blasted-for-bowing-to.html?m=1
U owe no one any explanations dude. Just do ur think. That's where I derive my strength. Thumbs up for that.

Re: John Dumelo Touching Statue Of Jesus In Montreal Catholic Church by englishmart(m): 5:12pm On Aug 06, 2018
Anigreat:
shocked

I'm a Christian but not a Catholic, let me say i see nothing wrong in what John Dumelo is doing.

Most of the people criticising him touch their pastors feet, pray using their pastors name. The most common one is Using ROBERT POWELL image in their churches, houses, cars etc. Is Robert Powell Christ? hanging his image in your house, church, cars shows that you idolized Powell.

I rather bow down to wooden Jesus than bow down to any pastor, i rather bow down to wooden Jesus than bow down to robert powell.

They worship wooden image and it works for them, why are people bittered, are you them?

They Bible that you all are quoting to condemn this, but not for catholic will you guys know what is bible?

And don't forget Catholic is the mother of Christianity, if Catholic is evil then Christianity is EVILshocked

Nonsense!

Maybe David, Job, Solomon, prophet Malachi, Moses, Isaiah, Jeremiah, John, apostle Paul, and other people that partook in writing the Bible are all Catholics Abi? For your information, the Catholic church was established by the Romans. The first translation of the Bible was in Hebrew language, Romans don't speak Hebrew. The Jews wrote the Bible.

1 Like

Re: John Dumelo Touching Statue Of Jesus In Montreal Catholic Church by DavidEsq(m): 5:34pm On Aug 06, 2018
Princess4ng:

Just to use dis opportunity to learn something new, u are doing somehow there

Re: John Dumelo Touching Statue Of Jesus In Montreal Catholic Church by oneTIMEman(m): 5:35pm On Aug 06, 2018
Born Catholic.
Pray to die Catholic...
Proudly Roman Catholic... Oyes

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: John Dumelo Touching Statue Of Jesus In Montreal Catholic Church by HomeOfMe(f): 5:42pm On Aug 06, 2018
BloggersNG:
Actor John Dumelo Earlier Today Shared a photo of himself Bowing to a Caved Jesus, as he prayed for his Fans, However it didn't go down well with them as they Blasted him quoting the second Commandment, and he just reacted to why he did that, see below

From Ebiwali—
https://www.ebiwalisgossip.com/2018/08/actor-john-dumelo-blasted-for-bowing-to.html?m=1

Why can't people mind their business prying into the lives of other people. He can choose to worship who or whatever he chooses to worship even if it's a stone. There're freedom of faith and worship.
Re: John Dumelo Touching Statue Of Jesus In Montreal Catholic Church by HomeOfMe(f): 5:43pm On Aug 06, 2018
Anigreat:
shocked

I'm a Christian but not a Catholic, let me say i see nothing wrong in what John Dumelo is doing.

Most of the people criticising him touch their pastors feet, pray using their pastors name. The most common one is Using ROBERT POWELL image in their churches, houses, cars etc. Is Robert Powell Christ? hanging his image in your house, church, cars shows that you idolized Powell.

I rather bow down to wooden Jesus than bow down to any pastor, i rather bow down to wooden Jesus than bow down to robert powell.

They worship wooden image and it works for them, why are people bittered, are you them?

They Bible that you all are quoting to condemn this, but not for catholic will you guys know what is bible?

And don't forget Catholic is the mother of Christianity, if Catholic is evil then Christianity is EVILshocked

Nonsense!

Don't mind the hypocrites.

1 Like

Re: John Dumelo Touching Statue Of Jesus In Montreal Catholic Church by Nobody: 5:47pm On Aug 06, 2018
Ebuka2016:
Catholics have been doing certain things wrong from the onset. It is written, 'thou shall not carve for yourself images of stone or wood to bow down to/worship'. Catholics blantantly go against this in the name of showing reverence/respect to the moulded person. Pple should not swallow things said to them without thinking it through. Your salvation is in your hands, not in the hands of your Pope or religious leaders.
if you had quoted some other part if the Bible I would have seen sense in this post but I don't see any
at the bolded part they did not just create an image they carved an image believe to be Jesus and not God
Jesus was seen and was painted.
God wasn't you get!
Re: John Dumelo Touching Statue Of Jesus In Montreal Catholic Church by Nobody: 5:53pm On Aug 06, 2018
englishmart:
Maybe David, Job, Solomon, prophet Malachi, Moses, Isaiah, Jeremiah, John, apostle Paul, and other people that partook in writing the Bible are all Catholics Abi? For your information, the Catholic church was established by the Romans. The first translation of the Bible was in Hebrew language, Romans don't speak Hebrew. The Jews wrote the Bible.
so which church did the Jews start?

1 Like

Re: John Dumelo Touching Statue Of Jesus In Montreal Catholic Church by Akanoaaa(m): 5:55pm On Aug 06, 2018
Anigreat:
shocked

Nonsense!

I love you bro
Re: John Dumelo Touching Statue Of Jesus In Montreal Catholic Church by klenton(m): 5:57pm On Aug 06, 2018
why are pple very myopic and idiotic? some keep asking is that God? like they know where he is, honestly some pples reasoning is far below that of a fowl, the bible said God is everywhere, so whats wrong if he is in a statue.

ok now pls tell me where u wnt him to bow, show me where God is let me go and bow there, Thats a church for crying out loud and thats the house of God

every religion uses something to depict God and connect with him, it doesnt mean they arr worshiping that object. the traditionalist use carved object while the god is buried underneath, same thing with budhims, jewish, moslems bow to an empty space

the point is nobody has seen God or know where he is, so why d heck are u asking is he dia ? where is he?

finally religion is about faith only, if i begin to defer to a stone as God, the stone after a while will start acting like one, if a use statue to connect to my God and believe it. it will start working........simple
Re: John Dumelo Touching Statue Of Jesus In Montreal Catholic Church by musicwriter(m): 5:59pm On Aug 06, 2018
Christianity as a whole is a worship of Satan. Jesus Christ is actually Satan who has fooled the whole world to worship him. I am so ashamed of myself to have believed it in the past.
Re: John Dumelo Touching Statue Of Jesus In Montreal Catholic Church by Neennycakes81: 6:02pm On Aug 06, 2018
tstx:

But they don't know

see my signature
the end justifies the means. Please leave judgement for God
Re: John Dumelo Touching Statue Of Jesus In Montreal Catholic Church by TheUbermensch: 6:04pm On Aug 06, 2018
DavidEsq:

So Jesus is not in heaven abi? So heaven is limited to stars, moon and sun abi?
Matthew 4:8 says: ".........you shall worship the Lord your God(not the image u carved to represent God) and him only shall you serve".
A carved image of God is not God, in spite of whatever reverence ur heart may feel. In fact, without kneeling to that image, u wld feel that reverence in ur heart at all and dis fact says it all.

Ah it's futile trying to reason with people who believe tithing opens the windows of Heaven.
Re: John Dumelo Touching Statue Of Jesus In Montreal Catholic Church by Akanoaaa(m): 6:08pm On Aug 06, 2018
There is different between worshiping and honoring. Catholic honoring the status of Jesus and holy Mary, they don't worship their status. I feels pity whenever I see people say what they don't know about Catholic. Catholic is the root of Christianity.

2 Likes

Re: John Dumelo Touching Statue Of Jesus In Montreal Catholic Church by DavidEsq(m): 6:11pm On Aug 06, 2018
TheUbermensch:

Ah it's futile trying to reason with people who believe tithing opens the windows of Heaven.
Doesn't Hebrews 7:12 says it all?
Re: John Dumelo Touching Statue Of Jesus In Montreal Catholic Church by Wonderkind: 6:13pm On Aug 06, 2018
Anigreat:
shocked
I luv u joor

Nonsense!

Re: John Dumelo Touching Statue Of Jesus In Montreal Catholic Church by DavidEsq(m): 6:15pm On Aug 06, 2018
klenton:
why are pple very myopic and idiotic? some keep asking is that God? like they know where he is, honestly some pples reasoning is far below that of a fowl, the bible said God is everywhere, so whats wrong if he is in a statue.

ok now pls tell me where u wnt him to bow, show me where God is let me go and bow there, Thats a church for crying out loud and thats the house of God

every religion uses something to depict God and connect with him, it doesnt mean they arr worshiping that object. the traditionalist use carved object while the god is buried underneath, same thing with budhims, jewish, moslems bow to an empty space

the point is nobody has seen God or know where he is, so why d heck are u asking is he dia ? where is he?

finally religion is about faith only, if i begin to defer to a stone as God, the stone after a while will start acting like one, if a use statue to connect to my God and believe it. it will start working........simple
No scripture, just stories? Please 2 Timothy 4:4
Re: John Dumelo Touching Statue Of Jesus In Montreal Catholic Church by Wonderkind: 6:16pm On Aug 06, 2018
[quote author=daroz post=70037045]It’s normal, Catholics are idol worshippers.[/quowho are u to judge?....mtcheeew#smh
Re: John Dumelo Touching Statue Of Jesus In Montreal Catholic Church by Wonderkind: 6:18pm On Aug 06, 2018
[quote author=daroz post=70037045]It’s normal, Catholics are idol worshippers.[who are u to judge?....mtcheeew#smh
Re: John Dumelo Touching Statue Of Jesus In Montreal Catholic Church by klenton(m): 6:26pm On Aug 06, 2018
No scripture, just stories? Please 2 Timothy 4

even the devil quotes scripture, is no big deal.
just tell me where i can bow to God and i will rest my case
Re: John Dumelo Touching Statue Of Jesus In Montreal Catholic Church by nattyGENT: 6:36pm On Aug 06, 2018
tstx:
E don tey wey the Devil infiltrate catholic church

EXODUS 20:4

“You shall not make for yourself a carved image, or any likeness of anything that is in heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth.

see my signature
pls he is entitle to freedom of association. You hypocrite claming you over sabi Bible & saint, you indulge in fornication. Who are you decieving

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Davido Retweets Adelekes’ Bank Accounts Frozen By EFCC Tweet / Liz Anjorin And Ronke Oshodi Oke Blast Each Other Again On Instagram / Onyii Alex Robbed At Gun Point, Her Range Rover Screen Broken (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.