Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,769 members, 7,813,552 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 01:48 PM

John Dumelo Touching Statue Of Jesus In Montreal Catholic Church - Celebrities (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / John Dumelo Touching Statue Of Jesus In Montreal Catholic Church (40254 Views)

John Dumelo Reacts To Ebony Reigns Death: "Celebrities Are A Bunch Of Hypocrite" / John Dumelo Gets Engaged (Photo) / Florence Flomo: I Am John Dumelo's Baby Mama, He's Father Of My 2-Year-Old Son (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: John Dumelo Touching Statue Of Jesus In Montreal Catholic Church by Princess4ng(f): 6:58pm On Aug 06, 2018
DavidEsq:

Just to use dis opportunity to learn something new, u are doing somehow there

Awww... ok
Re: John Dumelo Touching Statue Of Jesus In Montreal Catholic Church by englishmart(m): 7:06pm On Aug 06, 2018
kenddys:

so which church did the Jews start?
Jews are into Judaism. Even Jesus practiced this religion.

1 Like

Re: John Dumelo Touching Statue Of Jesus In Montreal Catholic Church by Octaves(m): 7:07pm On Aug 06, 2018
monex:

infallibility does not mean sinless-ness. The pope can (and i would bet does) sin. The catholics define infallibility as his exemption from error when he speaks ex-cathedra (in his capacity as head of the church) on a matter of doctrine
exactly! especially when he makes a proclamation in union with the cadinals
Re: John Dumelo Touching Statue Of Jesus In Montreal Catholic Church by Octaves(m): 7:15pm On Aug 06, 2018
DavidEsq:

To understand u clearer, Please tell us, Apostle Paul and the rest Apostles were catholics and prayed as Catholics pray.
Besides I'm surprised that with all ur "certainty", u didn't or shld I say cldnt cite a single scripture. This is my citation: Acts 1:21 - 26 shows that it was due to the activities and behaviour of the 1st century Christians that led to the people of Antioch calling the Apostles, Christians. Pls enlighten us on how u arrived at ur conclusion.
stop obfuscating history. so before they were called Christians, they were inexistent? or after the first shepherd (pope) of the church in the name of Peter died, he was not succeeded? go and verify the date your church or any other church was founded and compare it with that of the Catholic church. also verify from where they all broke out from. then you will be clear on why the Catholic Church is the mother Church

2 Likes

Re: John Dumelo Touching Statue Of Jesus In Montreal Catholic Church by Octaves(m): 7:20pm On Aug 06, 2018
DavidEsq:

Exodus 20:4 says: "you must not make for yourself, a carved image or a form like anything that is in the heavens above or in the earth below or in the waters under the earth".
That image he is bowing to is used to represent Jesus. Since Jesus is in heaven, isn't that image "a form like anything that is in the heavens above"?
Cc TheUbermensch
When moses made a serpent in the desert or when Solomon made images of cherubims and other heavenly images in the temple he built. was it sin?
Re: John Dumelo Touching Statue Of Jesus In Montreal Catholic Church by DavidEsq(m): 7:23pm On Aug 06, 2018
Octaves:
stop obfuscating history. so before they were called Christians, they were inexistent? or after the first shepherd (pope) of the church in the name of Peter died, he was not succeeded? go and verify the date your church or any other church was founded and compare it with that of the Catholic church. also verify from where they all broke out from. then you will be clear on why the Catholic Church is the mother Church
So before they were named Christians, weren't they disciples of Christ? U didn't answer a simple question that I asked and I understand because 2 Timothy 2:4 explains ur situation.
Re: John Dumelo Touching Statue Of Jesus In Montreal Catholic Church by DavidEsq(m): 7:30pm On Aug 06, 2018
Octaves:
When moses made a serpent in the desert or when Solomon made images of cherubims and other heavenly images in the temple he built. was it sin?
Did any of them bow in worship to any of them. The instructions in Exodus 20:4 forbids making for the purposes of worship. Can u show me wr they worshipped or wr asked to worship the images?
2 kings 18:4 tells us that hezekaiah the son of Ahaz destroyed the copper serpent built by moses because the isrealites began to worship it. What does that tell u? That worship was never the purpose moses built that snake. Instead of being desperate to hold unto an unexamined belief, why not allow the light of Jesus gospel of truth to illuminate ur heart. If not, 2 Corinthians 4:4 would be a to explain ur situation.
Re: John Dumelo Touching Statue Of Jesus In Montreal Catholic Church by Twitt13(f): 7:30pm On Aug 06, 2018
You have said it all.
Thank you.

Anigreat:
shocked

I'm a Christian but not a Catholic, let me say i see nothing wrong in what John Dumelo is doing.

Most of the people criticising him touch their pastors feet, pray using their pastors name. The most common one is Using ROBERT POWELL image in their churches, houses, cars etc. Is Robert Powell Christ? hanging his image in your house, church, cars shows that you idolized Powell.

I rather bow down to wooden Jesus than bow down to any pastor, i rather bow down to wooden Jesus than bow down to robert powell.

They worship wooden image and it works for them, why are people bittered, are you them?

They Bible that you all are quoting to condemn this, but not for catholic will you guys know what is bible?

And don't forget Catholic is the mother of Christianity, if Catholic is evil then Christianity is EVILshocked

Nonsense!

Re: John Dumelo Touching Statue Of Jesus In Montreal Catholic Church by tasteofcash: 7:36pm On Aug 06, 2018
tstx:
E don tey wey the Devil infiltrate catholic church

EXODUS 20:4

“You shall not make for yourself a carved image, or any likeness of anything that is in heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth.

see my signature
and u think ur small brainwashed head can stop d only church established by christ? No no no. king luther of Germany couldnt, king henry of england couldnt, how much less u?
Re: John Dumelo Touching Statue Of Jesus In Montreal Catholic Church by dhabrite(m): 7:37pm On Aug 06, 2018
infinito1990:

How do I fund my account?

So many easy ways. You can use interswitch or quickteller, you even get extra money when you use quickteller. The quickest and easiest is via quickteller. There is a dialing code to do that, its on the website homepage. All the best!
Re: John Dumelo Touching Statue Of Jesus In Montreal Catholic Church by Octaves(m): 7:42pm On Aug 06, 2018
DavidEsq:

Did any of them bow in worship to any of them. The instructions in Exodus 20:4 forbids making for the purposes of worship. Can u show me wr they worshipped or wr asked to worship the images?
So its now about worshipping, no longer about making the images. may I inform you that Catholics don't worship images but the true God. we venerate the images by virtue of whom they represent. they are sacramentals. they help point our focus on God when we pray.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: John Dumelo Touching Statue Of Jesus In Montreal Catholic Church by Octaves(m): 7:48pm On Aug 06, 2018
DavidEsq:

So before they were named Christians, weren't they disciples of Christ? U didn't answer a simple question that I asked and I understand because 2 Timothy 2:4 explains ur situation.
your bible citation is non sequitur (if that's the correct spelling) are you trying to dispute the fact that the Catholic Church originates from the apostles and founded by Christ himself unlike other churches?
Re: John Dumelo Touching Statue Of Jesus In Montreal Catholic Church by Chigeorge2015(m): 8:09pm On Aug 06, 2018
Anigreat:
shocked

I'm a Christian but not a Catholic, let me say i see nothing wrong in what John Dumelo is doing.

Most of the people criticising him touch their pastors feet, pray using their pastors name. The most common one is Using ROBERT POWELL image in their churches, houses, cars etc. Is Robert Powell Christ? hanging his image in your house, church, cars shows that you idolized Powell.

I rather bow down to wooden Jesus than bow down to any pastor, i rather bow down to wooden Jesus than bow down to robert powell.

They worship wooden image and it works for them, why are people bittered, are you them?

They Bible that you all are quoting to condemn this, but not for catholic will you guys know what is bible?

And don't forget Catholic is the mother of Christianity, if Catholic is evil then Christianity is EVILshocked

Nonsense!

You've said it all

1 Like

Re: John Dumelo Touching Statue Of Jesus In Montreal Catholic Church by TonyRoland(m): 8:10pm On Aug 06, 2018
Anigreat:
shocked

Nonsense!

bro u deserve some green bottles. don't mind yeye pple

1 Like

Re: John Dumelo Touching Statue Of Jesus In Montreal Catholic Church by clemz85(m): 8:19pm On Aug 06, 2018
I believe in One God
I believe in Jesus
I believe in the Holy Spirit
The Holy catholic church
The communion of the Saints
The forgiveness of sin
The resurrection of the body
And life everlasting

2 Likes

Re: John Dumelo Touching Statue Of Jesus In Montreal Catholic Church by Shaev7(m): 8:27pm On Aug 06, 2018
Anigreat:
shocked

Nonsense!

Well spoken. They just bring up issues where there are no issues.

1 Like

Re: John Dumelo Touching Statue Of Jesus In Montreal Catholic Church by patrickcollins: 8:27pm On Aug 06, 2018
tstx:

“You shall not make for yourself a carved image, or any likeness of anything that is in heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth. But u carve ur pastors portrait and stickers believing in their powers to ward off devil.

see my signature
Re: John Dumelo Touching Statue Of Jesus In Montreal Catholic Church by patrickcollins: 8:31pm On Aug 06, 2018
richeeyo:

Bro that's what i still don't get about the catholics, don't they see that part of the Bible?
You are seeing other parts of the scriptures, are u keeping them, ur a hypocrite to ask such question.
Re: John Dumelo Touching Statue Of Jesus In Montreal Catholic Church by DavidEsq(m): 8:34pm On Aug 06, 2018
Octaves:
your bible citation is non sequitur (if that's the correct spelling) are you trying to dispute the fact that the Catholic Church originates from the apostles and founded by Christ himself unlike other churches?
The bible citation simply says that rather than follow the truth, people like u listen to stories. As for the part of how Christ formed the congregation, pls tell us how in forming the congregation, he endorsed bowing to images and praying to his mother? because u relied on the founding of the congregation by Christ as the evidence that Christ formed the Catholic Church.
Re: John Dumelo Touching Statue Of Jesus In Montreal Catholic Church by DavidEsq(m): 8:38pm On Aug 06, 2018
Octaves:
So its now about worshipping, no longer about making the images. may I inform you that Catholics don't worship images but the true God. we venerate the images by virtue of whom they represent. they are sacramentals. they help point our focus on God when we pray.
Can u point it out in the scriptures? Pls read 2 Timothy 3:16.
Re: John Dumelo Touching Statue Of Jesus In Montreal Catholic Church by DavidEsq(m): 8:40pm On Aug 06, 2018
patrickcollins:
You are seeing other parts of the scriptures, are u keeping them, ur a hypocrite to ask such question.
Wat a pity. How does dis answer his questions? Babylon the great will soon fall
Re: John Dumelo Touching Statue Of Jesus In Montreal Catholic Church by Augustenite(m): 9:05pm On Aug 06, 2018
tstx:

“You shall not make for yourself a carved image, or any likeness of anything that is in heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth.
signature

See your level of reasoning. I pity d womb that bears you. Gosh! You re disgusting
Re: John Dumelo Touching Statue Of Jesus In Montreal Catholic Church by TrumpDonald2: 9:34pm On Aug 06, 2018
I am a proud catholic, was born, bred and will die a catholic. My reasons are 1. The church is the only church founded by Jesus 2. Their teachings are based on the scriptures 3.The church makes me to be conscious of sin 4. Most of my prayers are answered 5. I feel the hand of God in my life etc

Although there was a time while growing up, one of my secondary school teacher who was a member of one of the pentecostal churches tried to make me leave the church. On the day I decided to quit was the day a non Catholic gave a testimony in church. It was a 6am weekday mass, I wasn't supposed to be in church that morning but I woke up very early that day. I had the urge to go to church since I was already awake with so much strength that I couldn't explain. I went to church and was the only alter server around, had to serve the mass. At the end of the mass during the time when we all rise for the final blessing, I saw an elderly woman and a Lady walk towards the alter. She came to share her testimony.

She said they were not catholics and have never been but that the lady(her daughter) had a very serious issue that was threatening her life and career. But she kept having a revelation to go and pray before a crucifix. She ignored it but the revelation kept coming. When she couldn't bear it anymore, she had to tell her mother. The mother said well Catholics are those who normally have crucifix and that was how they attended mass the previous day.

Since they were new, all they did was stand when we stand, sit when we sit, kneel when we kneel smiley etc until the mass ended. Then they went to the alter and knelt before the crucifix and prayed. That very day after the prayer was when the truth was uncovered and her daughter was saved and exonerated of all charges. That was how she retained her job and didn't go to jail which was actually waiting for her.

This woman asked for a crucifix which the officiating priest blessed one, gave to her and prayed for them. That was the day I decided that come what may, am never leaving the Catholic church. God wanted me to know that He's there and i shouldn't be moved by the criticisms of the so called believers. So ever since, I just smile at those who call Catholics idol worshippers.

2 Likes

Re: John Dumelo Touching Statue Of Jesus In Montreal Catholic Church by Chukwudum23(m): 9:36pm On Aug 06, 2018
If u don't know what to say just shut up. U are having the pic of ur predo, pastors and ancestor in ur home and office. But u don't call urself an idol worshiper.
Re: John Dumelo Touching Statue Of Jesus In Montreal Catholic Church by tstx(m): 9:51pm On Aug 06, 2018
Augustenite:

See your level of reasoning. I pity d womb that bears you. Gosh! You re disgusting

Another Brainwashed Catholic spotted.. I pity not just your future, but the future of your kids.
Re: John Dumelo Touching Statue Of Jesus In Montreal Catholic Church by Nobody: 10:16pm On Aug 06, 2018
tstx:

see my signature

When people touch 'daddy GOs' chair and touch TV screen? What do you call that?
Re: John Dumelo Touching Statue Of Jesus In Montreal Catholic Church by internetpo(m): 10:54pm On Aug 06, 2018
TrumpDonald2:
I am a proud catholic, was born, bred and will die a catholic. My reasons are 1. The church is the only church founded by Jesus 2. Their teachings are based on the scriptures 3.The church makes me to be conscious of sin 4. Most of my prayers are answered 5. I feel the hand of God in my life etc

Although there was a time while growing up, one of my secondary school teacher who was a member of one of the pentecostal churches tried to make me leave the church. On the day I decided to quit was the day a non Catholic gave a testimony in church. It was a 6am weekday mass, I wasn't supposed to be in church that morning but I woke up very early that day. I had the urge to go to church since I was already awake with so much strength that I couldn't explain. I went to church and was the only alter server around, had to serve the mass. At the end of the mass during the time when we all rise for the final blessing, I saw an elderly woman and a Lady walk towards the alter. She came to share her testimony.

She said they were not catholics and have never been but that the lady(her daughter) had a very serious issue that was threatening her life and career. But she kept having a revelation to go and pray before a crucifix. She ignored it but the revelation kept coming. When she couldn't bear it anymore, she had to tell her mother. The mother said well Catholics are those who normally have crucifix and that was how they attended mass the previous day.

Since they were new, all they did was stand when we stand, sit when we sit, kneel when we kneel smiley etc until the mass ended. Then they went to the alter and knelt before the crucifix and prayed. That very day after the prayer was when the truth was uncovered and her daughter was saved and exonerated of all charges. That was how she retained her job and didn't go to jail which was actually waiting for her.

This woman asked for a crucifix which the officiating priest blessed one, gave to her and prayed for them. That was the day I decided that come what may, am never leaving the Catholic church. God wanted me to know that He's there and i shouldn't be moved by the criticisms of the so called believers. So ever since, I just smile at those who call Catholics idol worshippers.
God bless and Keep you . interesting testimony there.

1 Like

Re: John Dumelo Touching Statue Of Jesus In Montreal Catholic Church by BabaIbo: 11:01pm On Aug 06, 2018
DavidEsq:

The bible citation simply says that rather than follow the truth, people like u listen to stories. As for the part of how Christ formed the congregation, pls tell us how in forming the congregation, he endorsed bowing to images and praying to his mother? because u relied on the founding of the congregation by Christ as the evidence that Christ formed the Catholic Church.

Go and read Mathew 16 vs 18... And so I tell you, Peter: you are a rock, and on this rock foundation I will build my church, and not even death will ever be able to overcome it.
or do you want to change the words of Jesus christ, remember before Paul, Mark 16 vs 15, Luke 9 vs 2. Christ always send his disciples to go and preach, where he told them to dust their sandals if they are not welcome, I believe you know that was before the time of paul, Christianity/Church/Jesus ministry didn't start from Paul's time, it started before Paul's time, just that Paul being a Roman had access to go places, he didn't meet Jesus Christ in person FYI
Re: John Dumelo Touching Statue Of Jesus In Montreal Catholic Church by BabaIbo: 11:12pm On Aug 06, 2018
Most people criticizing catholics are unaware that there was a time in history that a Christian is a Catholic and a Catholic is a Christian. so tell me if catholic is not the mother church.
The bible is a Catholic innovation, Catholic church wrote the bible which all the Christians are using. So saying catholic is this or that is also the same thing as saying Christianity is this or that.
Have you ever wondered why despite all the critics it is still thriving, that's a sign that whatever God owns, no man or anything can thrive over it. Mathew 16 vs 18.

I'm happy to be a Catholic
Re: John Dumelo Touching Statue Of Jesus In Montreal Catholic Church by BabaIbo: 11:17pm On Aug 06, 2018
DavidEsq:

Can u point it out in the scriptures? Pls read 2 Timothy 3:16.

Stop changing God's word, remember it's a sin and you will he hold accountable for it. Read Mathew 16 vs 18 and tell me if your daddy G.O is the one Jesus Christ gave His authority, Tell me who's the first pope of Catholic church, Tell me who found Catholic. I won't say much, all I have to tell you is that, everyone will answer his own question when the time comes, so if you like say what you don't know about catholic, my brother or sister the church is thriving just like Jesus Christ told Peter
Re: John Dumelo Touching Statue Of Jesus In Montreal Catholic Church by Nobody: 11:27pm On Aug 06, 2018
Don't just read bible for the sake of quoting it... theology for a law there is what is referredto as the spirit of the law and the object. Why was that rule made ? Answer this questions and you shall be cleared. Why did the Isrealites have to look upon the snake Moses hung in the desert to be saved... the garment of Jesus? The staffs... the Ark of the covenant....
Let us open our mind to learn things and not be blinded by biased doctrines or mere human understanding
tstx:

see my signature
Re: John Dumelo Touching Statue Of Jesus In Montreal Catholic Church by kamsiyo9: 12:49am On Aug 07, 2018
tstx:

see my signature
n what is ark of God

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Davido Retweets Adelekes’ Bank Accounts Frozen By EFCC Tweet / Liz Anjorin And Ronke Oshodi Oke Blast Each Other Again On Instagram / Onyii Alex Robbed At Gun Point, Her Range Rover Screen Broken (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.