Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,927 members, 7,835,097 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 04:04 AM

What’s The Most Memorable Moment You Shared With A Stranger? - Romance (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / What’s The Most Memorable Moment You Shared With A Stranger? (45281 Views)

Share The Moment You Realised You Had A Fake Friend Or Frenemy / The Moment You Ask A Man For Money You Are Cheap. / The Most Memorable Gift Your Partner/Lover Got You This Year? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What’s The Most Memorable Moment You Shared With A Stranger? by ehinmowo: 12:59pm On Aug 07, 2018
Simplep:
Make i first park
Mine was like 5 yrs ago when i was travelling from aba to ore...when i got to onitsha,it was already late so i entered a bus going to benin,then to ore..dat was actually my first time in benin,but when i got to benin,i dint see any car goin to ore,was almost crying cos i knew no1 in Benin then,and there came a bus with jst 2 guys inside,dey asked where i was goin and i told them,they said i should enter dat they are going there too,i entered and dis guys started driving me inside d town o,i was so scared,i asked dem where they were taking me to,they said dey wanted to go carry anoda passenger, i immediately knew i was done for,i started telling dem to drop me dat am not goin again,these guys said i must go o,i was shouting bt no 1 could hear me,,as my God neva fails me,dey entered one street and d bus broke down inside d mud ,dey tried to revive to no avail,immediately i got down,d bus came to life,dey told me to com in,for where,i ran,nd one guy who had been watching us told me follow him home,i was so relieved nt until midnyt,d guy strted distrbin me for sex,i was like 'u shud hav jst left me dre na'...nd dat was d story i can neva forget in my life,never

Mama this ur story jst twist anyhow. Everybody dey talk abt acr of kindness u carry ur own enter potential ritual and then sex...by d way, why go enter a vehicle with two guys in d middle of the night, travelling from Benin to Ore? It's either you are lying, or been unwitty at that moment.

11 Likes

Re: What’s The Most Memorable Moment You Shared With A Stranger? by QDubz(m): 1:01pm On Aug 07, 2018
IntrovertedK:
and nobody will tell you to delete it after three days you take it my sister. Me and calls, we are so totally worlds apart. I don't know how to make/answer calls. Generally i have problem relating with people. Like i don't like getting closer to people. So the best i always do is to try and make peopls day and be there for humanity sake. After that, we are so done. I'm like so outta this world. Don't know if there's another like me on earth though. I feel so wierd even to myself.

Glad to know i ain alone in this planet

1 Like

Re: What’s The Most Memorable Moment You Shared With A Stranger? by Nobody: 1:05pm On Aug 07, 2018
EsmeraldaR1:
One day after work, I went to filling station to buy fuel and the guy in front of me paid for my full tank without asking for my number or my name.just like that.
i can't really believe this,but is not in Nigeria,

3 Likes

Re: What’s The Most Memorable Moment You Shared With A Stranger? by KnightB(m): 1:07pm On Aug 07, 2018
donbachi:
Mine was in wailo camp,during my service year.one day i went to poo inside the bush,and i was pooing facing a beautiful girl that was also pooing....she had no tissue paper or anything to clean up herself with.i handed her my handkie,to clean herself...and just like that.we became friends .just friends.
Ooh, It was you? What's that you name again? I knew I would surely meet you again someday, and now the day has come! DM me and let's continue from where we stopped.
Re: What’s The Most Memorable Moment You Shared With A Stranger? by waley007(m): 1:09pm On Aug 07, 2018
Simplep:
Make i first park
Mine was like 5 yrs ago when i was travelling from aba to ore...when i got to onitsha,it was already late so i entered a bus going to benin,then to ore..dat was actually my first time in benin,but when i got to benin,i dint see any car goin to ore,was almost crying cos i knew no1 in Benin then,and there came a bus with jst 2 guys inside,dey asked where i was goin and i told them,they said i should enter dat they are going there too,i entered and dis guys started driving me inside d town o,i was so scared,i asked dem where they were taking me to,they said dey wanted to go carry anoda passenger, i immediately knew i was done for,i started telling dem to drop me dat am not goin again,these guys said i must go o,i was shouting bt no 1 could hear me,,as my God neva fails me,dey entered one street and d bus broke down inside d mud ,dey tried to revive to no avail,immediately i got down,d bus came to life,dey told me to com in,for where,i ran,nd one guy who had been watching us told me follow him home,i was so relieved nt until midnyt,d guy strted distrbin me for sex,i was like 'u shud hav jst left me dre na'...nd dat was d story i can neva forget in my life,never
you reside in ore?
Re: What’s The Most Memorable Moment You Shared With A Stranger? by Nobody: 1:10pm On Aug 07, 2018
frbona:
My car got stuck in some remote location, in the middle of a junction, I was blocking traffic with an army van behind me. Stranded and clueless as to my next move. Suddenly six area boys approached me and within an instant my car was out of the mud. While i pondered how i was going to show appreciation to people i felt where touts, with my pockets on zero naira. I parked to thank the boys but when I came out they where all gone. I called them and they said bye without even looking back. Turned out they where no touts after all. Random acts of kindness do exist and that moment changed me into helping others in similar situations.
Great story smiley

1 Like

Re: What’s The Most Memorable Moment You Shared With A Stranger? by marvinsync(m): 1:21pm On Aug 07, 2018
snnazzy24:
Honestly this is going to live with me for a lifetime, One time I traveled from Asaba to Lagos and was stranded when our driver decided Jibowon was his last stop and not Mile2, poor boy like me was koboless because we lived at Mile2 around this time, I tried getting help from two men but was turned down before I could complete my statement, I lost hope but summoned the courage to ask this young girl ( younger than myself) for a kind guesture. As a broke ass I was stuttering telling her of my situation, Alas i got the shock of a lifetime when she counted 5k and handed it to me, I froze, i couldn't move or say a word, I have just asked her for 5h and she gave me 5k, bluntly refusing to take it back even when I told her 5h was enough to take care of my predicament, I lost every idea on how best I could show my appreciation and gratitude. Not a day when I don't say a silent prayer for her. She might be human but to me I had a contact with an Angel.

guy it's not just u oooh

one day I wanted to fix my phone
but the issue was so complicated I had to travel to multiple locations to see where I could fix it and when I finally found a place I was 3 thousand naira short I begged and begged but that was the last price , then I was thinking how I was gonna go all the way home and find extra cash and come back and then this pretty lady ( they are always pretty in my eyes) came up and paid the remaining for me
just like that ! i couldn't believe it !

and that's not the only time a strange lady has helped me in trouble

I tell u women have souls

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: What’s The Most Memorable Moment You Shared With A Stranger? by Simplybami(f): 1:22pm On Aug 07, 2018
NwanyiAwkaetiti:
I am here cracking my brain to see if I've had any memorable meeting with a stranger

You don't crack your brain! You rack your brain!!!

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: What’s The Most Memorable Moment You Shared With A Stranger? by Realhommie(m): 1:23pm On Aug 07, 2018
Simplep:
Make i first park
So what happened with you and the guy afterwards, did you give him the coochie that night? Don't lie oooooo.. grin

8 Likes

Re: What’s The Most Memorable Moment You Shared With A Stranger? by OPTIMUSPRIME08: 1:28pm On Aug 07, 2018
Babyforever:
They are many fishes in the river wink if you know you know cool
yeah that's if the fish tastes good with little or no bone.
Need a fish with less drama for the river if you know you know wink

1 Like

Re: What’s The Most Memorable Moment You Shared With A Stranger? by Nobody: 1:29pm On Aug 07, 2018
Simplep:
Make i first park
did he do it?

2 Likes

Re: What’s The Most Memorable Moment You Shared With A Stranger? by Realhommie(m): 1:30pm On Aug 07, 2018
TruthHurts100:
Yesterday at Maryland, I was in a car, a lady was walking on the walkway and was looking at me until she bumped into an oncoming person. I con dey look myself.... So I fine small. angry grin grin
You just dey give yourself hope.. Lol

2 Likes

Re: What’s The Most Memorable Moment You Shared With A Stranger? by ultimate77(m): 1:30pm On Aug 07, 2018
aumeehn:
Keeping a tight circle really works for me, cus i have serious trust issues i remember last week one of my friend told me his girl bought undies for him i advised him not to even think of wearing it cus Girls can do anything these days who knows maybe she carry the boxers and singlet go Mallam side. i once had good friends here on NL but due to my snobbish nature they all unfollowed me.

Well, it's beautiful we stick to what works for us. I like the personality man. I've been deeping myself in human psychology lately... Man needs to break boundaries and a circle need to be created. More grace man.
Re: What’s The Most Memorable Moment You Shared With A Stranger? by Missyetty(f): 1:34pm On Aug 07, 2018
He is not your friend
HeWrites:
Mine was the day a friend that I really trust abandoned me because I don't have money (I was in SS1 then) . We use to take taxi which is 50naira and lap each other and rotate the tf payment. That day I had no money on me, We board taxi and I told him that I don't have any money on me that I will pay our tf for 2 days, he told the driver to stop that I want to drop then he push me out the taxi and went all alone (he has the money to pay and the money will still be the same if we still lap).

I started to trek from school which will take me 2 hours before I get home. 20 mins later, while on my way, someone from somewhere just stopped his bike (not an okada man), ask where I dey go, I told him and he said though his destination is different but he will drop me somewhere close to my destination (30mins trek to my home).

I can't tell how happy I am that day. I never come across till date. About that my guy we are still friends though but I still have the urge to revenge.

Pardon my typos

1 Like

Re: What’s The Most Memorable Moment You Shared With A Stranger? by Realhommie(m): 1:37pm On Aug 07, 2018
Sirmuel1:

I won't lie to you, Hausas are the nicest people in Nigeria. I'm writing from experience
I have heard a lot of testimonies first hand from people well known to me.. Though i haven't had any personal experience worthy of note with these peeps, i am forced to believe they're truly the nicest peeps in Nigeria from stories that i have heard.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: What’s The Most Memorable Moment You Shared With A Stranger? by calliope(f): 1:37pm On Aug 07, 2018
I was once stranded at peace park enugu sometime around January last year, someone had unknowingly to me snatched my purse from my bag, Thankfully I had my bus fare stuffed somewhere in my jean pocket, but unfortunately, I was 500naira short and my purse, ATM card, phone, all gone.

I went over to the lady at the counter, narrated my ordeal and pleaded, that I have been patronizing their company for years, and should be considered.
she gave me the we-are -sorry-but-there's-nothing-we-can-do-about-it look. I was dumbstruck. I could not afford to go back to nsukka. While I stood contemplating on what next to do, this middle-aged man walked up to me, told me he overheard my conversation with the other lady, right there, he counted 5k handed it to me and said, hurry now, catch the bus before it leaves.. Kai! I was like "sir, it's only 5h short not 5k" but he wave it off and walked away. My eyes were teary, I managed to mumble out a tank you sah. I couldn't believe what had just happened to me. This was the first for me. I had showed random art of kindness countless of times before, but never received it. That single art of kindness change how I saw the average igbo man.

41 Likes 1 Share

Re: What’s The Most Memorable Moment You Shared With A Stranger? by Realhommie(m): 1:43pm On Aug 07, 2018
Babyforever:
They are many fishes in the river wink if you know you know cool
This one don hear millions na her mind don dey gan.. Oluku gringrin

2 Likes

Re: What’s The Most Memorable Moment You Shared With A Stranger? by Respect55(m): 1:44pm On Aug 07, 2018
The best moment I had spent the with a stranger was in a dream. U need not know what happened but I was all good.
Re: What’s The Most Memorable Moment You Shared With A Stranger? by Izychi: 1:47pm On Aug 07, 2018
Well, mine was the other way round (I was the one that offered help)

So in 2007, when I wa in 300L unn. There was this night I was going for night class studies, but I had to go to canteen and eat first. So I was sitting close to the counter savoring my food when this other student came in and was begging the food vendor to sell food on credit to him. I heard the food vendor telling him he couldn't sell the food on credit to him because the one he ate yesterday on credit he hadn't been able to pay for it. (They were talking loud, so I wasn't eavesdropping, lol).

So I later saw the guy with his food, and I beckoned on him to come to my table. And I was like; I could hear from his conversation that he couldn't pay for his food. And he affirmed. So I gave him 70 naira to pay for the meal (that was the cost of a plate of garri and egusi with one correct fried fish, lol). He was so happy. Then he told me that the food vendor actually agreed to sell the food to him on credit. But that he'd like to use the money I gave to him to buy medicine. That he wasn't feeling too well. And that he was expecting to hear from his family in few days time.....

All the money I had in my pocket left was about 420 naira. So I removed 50naira for my biscuit and pure water (midnight food, lol) and handed the remaining 370 naira to him. And I was like "I guess this can take care of at least 4 or 5 plates of food for you until you hear from your people?". The guy was dumbfounded. I saw a teardrop in his eyes. He thanked me so much, that I may not understand what I had done for him..... I was so happy I could lift a burden off someone's shoulder (however little it was).

I hope I didn't deviate from the thread?

55 Likes 3 Shares

Re: What’s The Most Memorable Moment You Shared With A Stranger? by Realhommie(m): 1:48pm On Aug 07, 2018
dljbd1:
I was in SS2 when this happened (2004).
It was one of those times when visually everyone in the hostel was broke to stupor. I woke up that Saturday thinking of how I would survive and I just said a little prayer that God I need a surprise today.
Later in the day a junior student came to my room to call me that someone was looking for me outside. Actually I wasn't expecting anyone so I told him to go call the other guy (a junior student) who bares same surname with me. Shortly after, this my name sake came to meet me that the person wasn't looking for him that it's me he was looking for. Alright, dressed up and went to meet him and the face was not familiar at all and he handed me a large sum of money. I don't know him from Adam and till today I cannot recall his face. Weeks later I asked my parents, uncles, aunties, everyone I know can pull such if they were behind the act and they said no and were even surprised when I told them the story.
This is one experience I will never forget.
That was a miracle.. Remember you asked for it and God works in mysterious ways..

5 Likes

Re: What’s The Most Memorable Moment You Shared With A Stranger? by Wiinnd(m): 1:59pm On Aug 07, 2018
wittyt98:
getting closer is the easiest thing for to do when i need help grin but concerning the phone call thing, bros you re not alone o grin we plenty
i so much hate taking calls grin i don't call people and even when people call, i just stare at the screen motherfvckerly wondering why they Couldn't text me instead grin and even texting i get tired of after a short while cus i get bored easily grin whenever i open my whatsapp and see how many text I'm yet to reply i just laugh at my horrible yet beautiful introverted life grin
Bros, I have one question for you and I want you to give me a direct answer. Bros, do you masturbate

2 Likes

Re: What’s The Most Memorable Moment You Shared With A Stranger? by eleojo23: 2:01pm On Aug 07, 2018
KukkitAvenue:
Mine was when I went to Ambrose Ali Uni to write Post UTME, I got to Ekpoma at about 7:30pm and I didn't know anybody in the school. I just walked up to a random guy and told him I had no place to lay my head to my biggest surprise, the young man took me into his room, cooked beans and made me feel comfortable. He even vacated the room and went and slept in his girlfriend's place. I made sure I replicated the same gesture in my five years in the Uni as i took in at least two strangers every year before I finally graduated. My take; Good people still exist everywhere

Boys and beans grin

The easiest thing to cook back then in the hostel...cheesy

6 Likes

Re: What’s The Most Memorable Moment You Shared With A Stranger? by Nobody: 2:05pm On Aug 07, 2018
IntrovertedK:
and nobody will tell you to delete it after three days you take it my sister. Me and calls, we are so totally worlds apart. I don't know how to make/answer calls. Generally i have problem relating with people. Like i don't like getting closer to people. So the best i always do is to try and make peopls day and be there for humanity sake. After that, we are so done. I'm like so outta this world. Don't know if there's another like me on earth though. I feel so wierd even to myself.

Lolz. You just explained me. The only time you see me talk is at work. My kind of work doesn't even favour my kind of person.......
I understand exactly how u feel
Re: What’s The Most Memorable Moment You Shared With A Stranger? by williamdeluxe(m): 2:08pm On Aug 07, 2018
Isn't it funny that the catalyst for these beautiful moments of human togetherness is often tragedy or something negative happening?

7 Likes

Re: What’s The Most Memorable Moment You Shared With A Stranger? by Realhommie(m): 2:12pm On Aug 07, 2018
Izychi:
Well, mine was the other way round (I was the one that offered help)

So in 2007, when I wa in 300L unn. There was this night I was going for night class studies, but I had to go to canteen and eat first. So I was sitting close to the counter savoring my food when this other student came in and was begging the food vendor to sell food on credit to him. I heard the food vendor telling him he couldn't sell the food on credit to him because the one he ate yesterday on credit he hadn't been able to pay for it. (They were talking loud, so I wasn't eavesdropping, lol).

So I later saw the guy with his food, and I beckoned on him to come to my table. And I was like; I could hear from his conversation that he couldn't pay for his food. And he affirmed. So I gave him 70 naira to pay for the meal (that was the cost of a plate of garri and egusi with one correct fried fish, lol). He was so happy. Then he told me that the food vendor actually agreed to sell the food to him on credit. But that he'd like to use the money I gave to him to buy medicine. That he wasn't feeling too well. And that he was expecting to hear from his family in few days time.....

All the money I had in my pocket left was about 420 naira. So I removed 50naira for my biscuit and pure water (midnight food, lol) and handed the remaining 370 naira to him. And I was like "I guess this can take care of at least 4 or 5 plates of food for you until you hear from your people?". The guy was dumbfounded. I saw a teardrop in his eyes. He thanked me so much, that I may not understand what I had done for him..... I was so happy I could lift a burden off someone's shoulder (however little it was).

I hope I didn't deviate from the thread?
You didn't deviate one bit bro.. God bless you. What you did is the whole essence of Humanity, it's what we live for but unfortunately there's just too much wickedness around.

I'm so touched by this act of kindness eventhough it's been a long time. Again God bless you in multiple folds. And do well to keep at it.

22 Likes

Re: What’s The Most Memorable Moment You Shared With A Stranger? by Wiinnd(m): 2:13pm On Aug 07, 2018
Simplep:
I swear,d guy no allow me sleep till day break,d following week he called me nd was like 'do u kn who is speaking,its dat guy dat rescued u frm those bad guys',and i said 'ehen,wat is it?' He jst ended d call and i did not hear frm him again
The Guy finally had his way ba?

4 Likes

Re: What’s The Most Memorable Moment You Shared With A Stranger? by jnrbayano(m): 2:14pm On Aug 07, 2018
IntrovertedK:

Lol

You are setting a very big trap

We are observing you from this area
Re: What’s The Most Memorable Moment You Shared With A Stranger? by Nobody: 2:14pm On Aug 07, 2018
This happened here on nairaland. I was damn stranded and no help to raise the cash I needed. Has some problem with one of my boss.
And I requested some help here on nairaland. And I got it... That single act was a life saver to me....
Thanks Mr. Odobopa

11 Likes

Re: What’s The Most Memorable Moment You Shared With A Stranger? by Vstuffs(m): 2:15pm On Aug 07, 2018
On Saturday, 8 April 2017, between 1:45 pm and 4:55 pm, I had to save the date, because the girl did something some girls wouldn't do, I was on a bus going to Owerri, from Nsukka (Peace Mass Transit), and when on the road, along the Okigwe road, I started experiencing motion illness, and I wanted to "throw up" through the window of the bus, but the girl held me back and started rubbing my back, and in less than 10 seconds, I started feeling normal again, she continued till I got to my destination(Anara). though I thank her, my regret was not collecting her number to tell her, how happy I was that she did that, and also not making friend with her. In other not to forget that event, I save my bus ticket, and also the date that event occured
PS: I think she is a UNN student.

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What’s The Most Memorable Moment You Shared With A Stranger? by mylove4God(f): 2:16pm On Aug 07, 2018
snnazzy24:
Honestly this is going to live with me for a lifetime, One time I traveled from Asaba to Lagos and was stranded when our driver decided Jibowon was his last stop and not Mile2, poor boy like me was koboless because we lived at Mile2 around this time, I tried getting help from two men but was turned down before I could complete my statement, I lost hope but summoned the courage to ask this young girl ( younger than myself) for a kind guesture. As a broke ass I was stuttering telling her of my situation, Alas i got the shock of a lifetime when she counted 5k and handed it to me, I froze, i couldn't move or say a word, I have just asked her for 5h and she gave me 5k, bluntly refusing to take it back even when I told her 5h was enough to take care of my predicament, I lost every idea on how best I could show my appreciation and gratitude. Not a day when I don't say a silent prayer for her. She might be human but to me I had a contact with an Angel.
God will continue to bless her. Reading this brought tears to my eyes.

5 Likes

Re: What’s The Most Memorable Moment You Shared With A Stranger? by Wiinnd(m): 2:29pm On Aug 07, 2018
juddywizard:
Back when I was in 200l,i hate going home because I have no friends I can relate with at home. It was the time of post utme,i was walking on the street of my hostel when one lady came to me for a favour. She said she was here for the exam and she had no where to stay, she asked me if I could get her a place to sleep overnight, I told her all my female friends had gone home, and the only option left was for her to sleep at my place. She didn't mind, so I took her to my place,offered her food and we got along quickly.
I didn't know what happened during the night but we found ourselves having S*x. The next day,I followed her to school for her exam,after the exam we hit the gas almost all day and night again, then we exchanged nos and she left for home which she told me was Ibadan......we spoke for about 2 weeks or so,and all of a sudden her line didn't go through again. Admission list came out and I didn't see any traces of her in school. I know for sure she lost her phone cos we were already into each other. Have not changed my hostel incase you are here on nairaland reading this wink
Idiaatt! You fu~ked a ghost

6 Likes

Re: What’s The Most Memorable Moment You Shared With A Stranger? by realoscar84(m): 2:44pm On Aug 07, 2018
Once upon a time, I was coming from my elder sister's place late in the night where I went to eat evening food cuz I was so broke i couldnt afford bike money to my house which is #100. I was equally too embarrassed to ask my kind sister for okada money which she wasn't aware of. So I lockup and bade her goodnight. I made it a point of duty never to ask strangers for money because I can't stand the look of disgust on their face if I'm been mistaken as one of those executive beggers. midway trekking to my house, I was getting tired and the food I ate at my sister's place was almost gone. Meanwhile some okada has been honking calling my attention for possible patronage but i'd just wave them to carry on cuz my pocket was empty, then all of a sudden, one of them just stopped and beckoned at me to come and climb, I walked up to him and summed up courage to explain my plight to him but the Hausa guy just smiled n asked me to climb. I was dumbfounded n heaved sigh of relieve at the same time. He took me to the front of my gate. I couldn't thank him enough. The sad part is this, up till now, despite my hustling, I still haven't made tangible money. To GOD be the Glory though for keeping me in good health n never run fowl of the law.

18 Likes 7 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

Ladies, Do You Sometimes Wish It's "Acceptable" To Ask A Guy Out? / Adorable Pre-wedding Pictures Shot In Canada / I'm About To Break Up With My Girlfriend Because Of This

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 119
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.