Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,457 members, 7,816,069 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 02:08 AM

I'm About To Break Up With My Girlfriend Because Of This - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / I'm About To Break Up With My Girlfriend Because Of This (45254 Views)

Help I'm About To Marry A Choleric Woman / I Broke Up With My Girlfriend Because I Want To Cut Down Expenses / I'm About To Propose To My Sales Girl, Advice Needed (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

I'm About To Break Up With My Girlfriend Because Of This by victooman: 9:30am On May 10, 2022
Please help advice me,

We both finished our NYSC service last year, luckily enough we started a POS business and as God will have it, we are both doing well, we both make a minimum of 5k at least on daily basis.

The main problem is that of recent she is talking about applying for her masters degree, l told her what is the essence of going for masters degree when the degree we obtain has not been any useful to us, why not expand this particular business, be financially stable before you start talking about masters, beside we need to build our self financially well if we have to settle down.

She told me that is her long time ambition and she is not expecting any money from me, she left my house this morning with anger.

Please Nairalanders, did l do anything wrong? What is the best way to handle this issue?

81 Likes 11 Shares

Re: I'm About To Break Up With My Girlfriend Because Of This by Islandlady(f): 9:31am On May 10, 2022
Seriously you did not do anything wrong Op, but if she insist on doing the Masters let her do it, since she told you it's her long time ambition and she don't need your money! I bet she has another source and support for money!!!

Continue and expand your own business! Just don't stand as an obstacle for her undecided she is truly a lady of ambition to admire

But if you two don't share common goal or can't get alone with each other dreams then let her go!

604 Likes 35 Shares

Re: I'm About To Break Up With My Girlfriend Because Of This by Kriss216: 9:33am On May 10, 2022
You're not her father or husband...allow her do whatever she wants. Learn to channel this energy to better your life and that of your family!

I know you're surprised how a girl you've been struggling with all of a sudden has money and resources to further her studies...well, she's a Nigerian girl, they always got plan B.

Their husband or boyfriend are not always in their plan B.

445 Likes 29 Shares

Re: I'm About To Break Up With My Girlfriend Because Of This by RedMac: 9:33am On May 10, 2022
Don't be an obstacle to her dreams and aspirations, having a master's degree is not a bad decision... It may be very very useful to her in the future...

If you're not comfortable with her going to school, while u do business... Then log out of the relationship...

It's as simple as that

98 Likes 5 Shares

Re: I'm About To Break Up With My Girlfriend Because Of This by Nobody: 9:34am On May 10, 2022
Well, if it is her life long ambition( the master degree) then just allow her to follow her dream(beside she said that she is financially bouyant and don't need your help) so less stress.......

I don't normally love to be an obstacle to people's dream and ambition, beside the master degree won't take more than 3years in a good institution, so is not as if she is going like, forever.

I am tempted to admire your babe's courage, cos I love ambitious ladies who have plan for there future, let me just admit it.......I salute her courage. grin

58 Likes 6 Shares

Re: I'm About To Break Up With My Girlfriend Because Of This by Nobody: 9:36am On May 10, 2022
If you truly love her then support her decision for the master degree, you should be happy and proud your woman want to seek more knowledge and she is already having a side hustle. Na only woman when her head correct dey reason like that this days.

28 Likes 3 Shares

Re: I'm About To Break Up With My Girlfriend Because Of This by youngreezy(m): 9:38am On May 10, 2022
Kriss216:
You're not her father or husband...allow her do whatever she wants. Learn to channel this energy to better your life and that of your family!
you dey drink alcohol?if yes wetin be your brand make I order two cold(mortuary standard) bottles.....your sense too much abeg.person family never chop em dey carry woman matter for em head,woman wey fit don do introduction with another man behind em back.....

105 Likes 4 Shares

Re: I'm About To Break Up With My Girlfriend Because Of This by Islandlady(f): 9:39am On May 10, 2022
Kriss216:
This your comment is absolutely unnecessary... can't you comprehend, is the op jobless to you undecided

He is only showing his concern and opinion

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: I'm About To Break Up With My Girlfriend Because Of This by MadamVanessa(f): 9:39am On May 10, 2022
shocked

Allow that girl to forward her education even to ph.d level. Maybe she's the type that finds satisfaction in reaching the apex of academics. Wealth means little or nothing to those kind of people.

51 Likes 3 Shares

Re: I'm About To Break Up With My Girlfriend Because Of This by Shalommy(f): 9:39am On May 10, 2022
Op, not every problem you need people advise.. Chaiii.. undecided

8 Likes

Re: I'm About To Break Up With My Girlfriend Because Of This by Nyascobar1414: 9:42am On May 10, 2022
Weytin dey worry dis simp...
Mtcheww.

3 Likes

Re: I'm About To Break Up With My Girlfriend Because Of This by Kriss216: 9:44am On May 10, 2022
youngreezy:
you dey drink alcohol?if yes wetin be your brand make I order two cold(mortuary standard) bottles.....your sense too much abeg.person family never chop em dey carry woman matter for em head,woman wey fit don do introduction with another man behind em back.....
Alcohol is my only girlfriend. Never jealous. I can take Heineken in the afternoon and decide to take Hero in the evening, no quarrel...no nags.

@bolded, you're a legend.

46 Likes 1 Share

Re: I'm About To Break Up With My Girlfriend Because Of This by Oyiboman69: 9:47am On May 10, 2022
Humans can never be one ,no matter how hard we try....

1 Like

Re: I'm About To Break Up With My Girlfriend Because Of This by PerfectStranger(m): 9:49am On May 10, 2022
youngreezy:

8 Likes

Re: I'm About To Break Up With My Girlfriend Because Of This by EmzyT: 9:49am On May 10, 2022
Re: I'm About To Break Up With My Girlfriend Because Of This by yuping(m): 10:00am On May 10, 2022
victooman:
please help advice me, we both finish our Nysc service last year, luckily enough we started a pos business and and as God will have it, we are both doing well, we both make a minimum of 5k at least on daily basis, The main problem is that of recent she is talking about applying for her masters degree, l told her what is the essence of going for masters degree when the degree we obtain has not been any useful to us, why not expand this particular business, be financially stable before you start talking about masters, beside we need to build our self financially well if we have to settle down,, she told me that is her long time ambition and she is not expecting any money from me, she left my house this morning with anger, please nairalanders did l do anything wrong? what is the best way to handle this issue?
undecided focus on yourself when you no get money they will still label you broke, they usually comes around.

5 Likes

Re: I'm About To Break Up With My Girlfriend Because Of This by AjiBussu(m): 10:04am On May 10, 2022
Allow her bro and face your hustle. It's not by how far, but how well.

6 Likes

Re: I'm About To Break Up With My Girlfriend Because Of This by Bahamas95(m): 10:11am On May 10, 2022
A Chinese proverb says......."Don't lock a bird up in a cage, allow it fly. If it's truly yours it will come back"

I know OP is scared he might lose her to other guys, if you're meant for each other nothing can break the bond. There're still few faithful women out there, she could be one of them.

30 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I'm About To Break Up With My Girlfriend Because Of This by headbasher96(m): 11:00am On May 10, 2022
Oga allow her to do her mind she is not your wife the rate we nigerian guys want to holdback any free to.to we are fucking amaze me if she want master let her go u expand yourself u are not twins just fornication mates if u secure the bag u go still marry her when u want what if u two want to expand and paraventure expansion letter no work she will still blame u that u held her back and she will dump u life na race one man dance them bless am another dance them beat am if u want to expand focus and expand yourself last last if she is fanancially bouyant naija mentality go make am turn fenmist u go still lose am naija graduate no the get sense i no know why

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: I'm About To Break Up With My Girlfriend Because Of This by Zubi85: 11:03am On May 10, 2022
Re: I'm About To Break Up With My Girlfriend Because Of This by chymeze: 11:23am On May 10, 2022
First of all man, you're not her husband. Get married to her first then you'd hold that right to decide whether you'd want her to go for masters or not. Secondly, I really don't see anything wrong with her wanting to fulfill her long time dream of having a masters. Not everything in life is about money or business. Many at times the things that make you feel fulfilled in life are seemingly little things like this. She might make all the money she wants in life with you but by the time she gets old she'd feel so unfulfilled and empty because she didn't achieve her life ambition of having that masters. So let her pursue her dreams and try to support her on it. Never always look at happiness and fulfilment in life from the aspect of making money. And don't try to impose your will or preferences on a lady who's not rightfully your wife. Even if she was your wife, you'd still have to shift grounds at times to make her happy especially if what she's asking for is not immoral. Shalom

27 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I'm About To Break Up With My Girlfriend Because Of This by Godoverevery: 11:24am On May 10, 2022
Like every one said you shouldn't stop her from going on to do her masters but have it in back of your mind that you will be financially committed........If a woman tells you she doesn't need your money that a lie from the deepest pit of hell.

Running a Master program ain't cheap anymore even in a federal government university........it cost millions now.

My advise to you is stating it clearly to her you aren't financially buoyant to support this ambition hence she won't be able to blackmail you in the future.

28 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I'm About To Break Up With My Girlfriend Because Of This by Demonicus: 11:28am On May 10, 2022
6lack - Let her go comes to mind when reading this super story,

Op if she goes through with the Master degree and you're still with her, she will start feeling like she's way above your standard and that's a fact.grin

7 Likes

Re: I'm About To Break Up With My Girlfriend Because Of This by HopeNeverDies: 11:31am On May 10, 2022
Damnnnn!!! Bro... She can’t be controlling you and plus someone up there is right; if she does and comes back, she would definitely feel some kind higher than u and that sucks Honestly.

Girls these days are almost parasites.

6 Likes

Re: I'm About To Break Up With My Girlfriend Because Of This by victooman: 11:33am On May 10, 2022
;
Demonicus:
6lack - Let her go comes to mind when reading this super story,

Op if she goes through with the Master degree and you're still with her, she will start feeling like she's way above your standard and that's a fact.grin
grin grin so having a master degree will make her feel she is above my standard? l no dey even think am that way abeg, no be 200 and 300lv students dey sleep with lecturers wey get phd?

1 Like

Re: I'm About To Break Up With My Girlfriend Because Of This by victooman: 11:37am On May 10, 2022
HopeNeverDies:
Damnnnn!!! Bro... She can’t be controlling you and plus someone up there is right; if she does and comes back, she would definitely feel some kind higher than u and that sucks Honestly.

Girls these days are almost parasites.
l dont think so, na man dey marry Ngozi okonjo iweala , it depends on her mentality though,

9 Likes

Re: I'm About To Break Up With My Girlfriend Because Of This by Demonicus: 11:39am On May 10, 2022
victooman:
; grin grin so having a master degree will make her feel she is above my standard? l no dey even think am that way abeg, no be 200 and 300lv students dey sleep with lecturers wey get phd?
Comot here opgrin

you no just want see reason to leave that banny yet.

Go and make a research on what female hypergamy is manny,

Ladies only date and sleep with guys they feel are superior to them bro.

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: I'm About To Break Up With My Girlfriend Because Of This by Ahmback(m): 11:41am On May 10, 2022
Kriss216:

I know you're surprised how a girl you've been struggling with all of a sudden has money and resources to further her studies...well, she's a Nigerian girl, they always got plan B.

Their husband or boyfriend are not always in their plan B.
flesh and blood did not reveal this to you.

2 Likes

Re: I'm About To Break Up With My Girlfriend Because Of This by victooman: 11:41am On May 10, 2022
Godoverevery:
Like every one said you shouldn't stop her from going on to do her masters but have it in back of your mind that you will be financially committed........If a woman tells you she doesn't need your money that a lie from the deepest pit of hell.

Running a Master program ain't cheap anymore even in a federal government university........it cost millions now.

My advise to you is stating it clearly to her you aren't financially buoyant to support this ambition hence she won't be able to blackmail you in the future.
Thank you very much, That is what l will emphasize on, some people are just myopic in nature, the degree she did no job came out of it, you happen to get a good location were business is booming ,you want to dump it after a year to go for a master degree, a girl that is in her late twenties already that should be thinking on settling down,,

2 Likes

Re: I'm About To Break Up With My Girlfriend Because Of This by victooman: 11:53am On May 10, 2022
Demonicus:

Comot here opgrin

you no just want see reason to leave that banny yet.

Go and make a research on what female hypergamy is manny,

Ladies only date and sleep with guys they feel are superior to them bro.

you can be right shaa, but it still boils down to her perception, but l sincerely believe this in most cases applies in area of her having more finance than you,, having a master degrees with no money in the pocket wont really change much, back then in he university a lot university girls dated and slept with all this business men who didn't even finish O level, I am not giving any excuses, people can change, but l honestly dont think having a master over a degree increases any level.

1 Like

Re: I'm About To Break Up With My Girlfriend Because Of This by Godoverevery: 11:55am On May 10, 2022
victooman:
Thank you very much, That is what l will emphasize on, some people are just myopic in nature, the degree she did no job came out of it, you happen to get a good location were business is booming ,you want to dump it after a year to go for a master degree, a girl that is in her late twenties already that should be thinking on settling down,,
Alot of them that commented are young boys and girls so we can't really blame them.

I no how much it cost me to complete my masters degree in funaab....it will be very difficult to do that if she doesn't have a good source of income else everything may fall back on you has the bf..........like my people will say a cripple going about committing crime if not cautioned early wheb the repercussions start to set in is the family members with two legs that will be running kiti kata for him ooo.

I hope you get me.

10 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Not Pictures But Video Of George Floyd Bluefilm - ADULT CONTENT / Why Men Prefer Ladies That Are Above 30years. / Confession : How My Neighbor F**k Me Hard In Her Room

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.