Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,495 members, 7,823,158 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 04:58 AM

The Ordination Of Remi Tinubu As Pastor - Is RCCG Compromised? - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Ordination Of Remi Tinubu As Pastor - Is RCCG Compromised? (39119 Views)

Tinubu: Social Media Doesn’t Dictate Ordination, Says RCCG / Why Is RCCG And Adeboye So Tribalistic? / Daddy Freeze Reacts As Remi Tinubu Is Ordained As RCCG Pastor (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Ordination Of Remi Tinubu As Pastor - Is RCCG Compromised? by blackpanda: 6:30pm On Aug 07, 2018
what kind of stupid post is this

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Ordination Of Remi Tinubu As Pastor - Is RCCG Compromised? by Menace2Society(m): 6:30pm On Aug 07, 2018
Amitez:

You missed the message in the post. Go and read it again! I am not aware that a Pastor is a spouse to unbelieving husband. I am still learning though, but The RCCG that I know, where I worked as a marriage counsellor would not wed a Christian and muslim couple. So, why ordain a wife of a muslim as a Pastor?
U IPOB people are something else undecided

3 Likes

Re: The Ordination Of Remi Tinubu As Pastor - Is RCCG Compromised? by sureheaven(m): 6:30pm On Aug 07, 2018
Where grace abounds, anything is likely to happen.
Re: The Ordination Of Remi Tinubu As Pastor - Is RCCG Compromised? by Arysexy(m): 6:30pm On Aug 07, 2018
Yes

1. APC zombies made us know all senators are thieves, Remi is a senator and ordaining a thief is sacrilegious.

2. Remi is married to a Muslim and a thief a.k.a thieefnubuu that stole Lagos dry. How will she admonish others to win souls when she has not won her husband to Christ?

3. Do not yoke with unbelievers nko? Her husband is unbeliever! As a pastor, many look up to her for spiritual direction, she does not qualify.

4. As a thieving sinator, involved in appending signature for illegal impeachment of Saraki, God is angry with her for trying to truncate our democracy and set d country on fire. She does not qualify to Pastor believers

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Ordination Of Remi Tinubu As Pastor - Is RCCG Compromised? by Abfinest007(m): 6:31pm On Aug 07, 2018
yes it is a big compromise. which of the tinubu wife are they talkin abt
Re: The Ordination Of Remi Tinubu As Pastor - Is RCCG Compromised? by gustav25: 6:31pm On Aug 07, 2018
This is really shallow of you @op . Can't you know that before any Religious attachment, we are humans first ? So to you ,a Muslim is a bad person just because he is a Muslim? I tell you Brethren,heaven if it exists doesn't know you
Re: The Ordination Of Remi Tinubu As Pastor - Is RCCG Compromised? by Nobody: 6:31pm On Aug 07, 2018
2special:
Sir let me ask you a question.... if after joining a Christian brother and sister together as husband and wife...maybe the husband now convert from being a Christian to Muslim... will you advice the marriage to be dissolve.... Remi Tinubu is running her own race.....
the marriage is not the issue but holding/occupying a position of authority. 1 Corinthians 7 addressed issue of believers and unbelievers remaining married when one of the two becomes a born again, nobody is doubting her salvation but people are just asking balance judgement on elevation in spiritual authority

1 Like

Re: The Ordination Of Remi Tinubu As Pastor - Is RCCG Compromised? by Djinja: 6:31pm On Aug 07, 2018
They are compromised. RCCG has moved from doctrinal purity to compromising with politicians

2 Likes

Re: The Ordination Of Remi Tinubu As Pastor - Is RCCG Compromised? by PVision2020(m): 6:33pm On Aug 07, 2018
This is my problem with Christians hypocrisy, we shout and raise false alarm that Muslims want to islamize Nigeria, but if a Christian or better still a pastor should rise up to contest for any position we will be the first to condemn them.
Christians don't want Okotie, they dislike bakare and now to them Osinbajo is a fake pastor.
You won't see Muslims condemning Saraki being made Baba adinni or Muslim politicians building mosques near their homes, Alhajis and alfas are occupying every sensitive positions and you won't here word of condemnation from their followers. But my holier than thou hypocrites see no good in themselves and still they shout about islamization.
In the SW today, despite Christians and Muslims having slightly equal population, the Muslims dominates the political space. Why? We demonise politics and politicians, so you wouldn't be surprise when 75% of the card carrying members of political parties are Muslims. The few Christians that have the balls are ostracize, criticize and malign by we CHRISTIANS. Yet we complain of bad governance.
If I may ask, what stops Remi Tinubu from being a pastor? Are there not full time pastors worst than her? Where and what is the "spiritiometer" you judgemental lots use in determining are degree of spirituality? What part of the Bible forbade politicians from becoming pastors?

16 Likes 3 Shares

Re: The Ordination Of Remi Tinubu As Pastor - Is RCCG Compromised? by Katier00(f): 6:33pm On Aug 07, 2018
Just listen to her message, forget any other thing. Muslims Christians na all one God we get
Re: The Ordination Of Remi Tinubu As Pastor - Is RCCG Compromised? by globalresource: 6:36pm On Aug 07, 2018
Is tinubu's wife an animal? God can use anyone abeg
Re: The Ordination Of Remi Tinubu As Pastor - Is RCCG Compromised? by holuphisayor(m): 6:37pm On Aug 07, 2018
before nko?

I doubt she will work fulltime.

maybe she wants to use the title 'pastor' to scam like osinbajo did.
grin grin

she might want to contest as governor of Lagos state. who knows.

1 Like

Re: The Ordination Of Remi Tinubu As Pastor - Is RCCG Compromised? by linearity: 6:37pm On Aug 07, 2018
2special:
Sir let me ask you a question.... if after joining a Christian brother and sister together as husband and wife...maybe the husband now convert from being a Christian to Muslim... will you advice the marriage to be dissolve.... Remi Tinubu is running her own race.....

You clearly don’t understand the Bible you preaches...what you have just said is addressed by the Bible under...

“...in the times of ignorance the Lord overlooked, but now commanded everyone to be born again...”

Bible commanded that, the spouse of Bishops to be must be born again and gave the qualities of a Bishop and even went ahead to state that, if a Bishop find themselves wanting of any of these qualities, that they should resign and go fix the issue.

No one is preventing her from running her race, she can a practicing Christian and believer and can still be nightly used by God; but once you want to ordain her as a leader and Bishop, references have to be made to the Bible, which has clearly lay out the qualities such a person must possess.

4 Likes

Re: The Ordination Of Remi Tinubu As Pastor - Is RCCG Compromised? by kenex4ever(m): 6:38pm On Aug 07, 2018
The only condition it can be accepted is if Tinubu gave his life to Christ that day and stops being a Muslim.

2 Likes

Re: The Ordination Of Remi Tinubu As Pastor - Is RCCG Compromised? by Kenturkey048(m): 6:39pm On Aug 07, 2018
one thing about christians is that they are very confused .. now everybody saying don't judge..don't judge...

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Ordination Of Remi Tinubu As Pastor - Is RCCG Compromised? by Nobody: 6:39pm On Aug 07, 2018
Amitez:

You missed the message in the post. Go and read it again! I am not aware that a Pastor is a spouse to unbelieving husband. I am still learning though, but The RCCG that I know, where I worked as a marriage counsellor would not wed a Christian and muslim couple. So, why ordain a wife of a muslim as a Pastor?
so becos her husband is a Muslim, her own faith is invalid ?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Ordination Of Remi Tinubu As Pastor - Is RCCG Compromised? by Nobody: 6:40pm On Aug 07, 2018
kenex4ever:
The only condition it can be accepted is if Tinubu gave his life to Christ that day and stops being a Muslim.

Thank you my brother. Truth is B I T T E R

3 Likes

Re: The Ordination Of Remi Tinubu As Pastor - Is RCCG Compromised? by MusicSots: 6:42pm On Aug 07, 2018
hopefulLandlord:

If only that most high exists

He exists bro. I swear down
Re: The Ordination Of Remi Tinubu As Pastor - Is RCCG Compromised? by phlopholly: 6:43pm On Aug 07, 2018
Amitez:

So you don't even know your Bible. Oga marriage councilor. Go back to your Bible and read 1Cor 7:12-14 again and digest it
Re: The Ordination Of Remi Tinubu As Pastor - Is RCCG Compromised? by RiyadhGoddess(f): 6:44pm On Aug 07, 2018
Redeem gbo ole o gbo ole
Re: The Ordination Of Remi Tinubu As Pastor - Is RCCG Compromised? by udemzyudex(m): 6:44pm On Aug 07, 2018
Nwaohafia1:
Do not judge so that ye will not be judged.

undecided
Re: The Ordination Of Remi Tinubu As Pastor - Is RCCG Compromised? by wristbangle: 6:45pm On Aug 07, 2018
Who am I to judge. I don't know what to say sef. God knows who serves him in truth

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Ordination Of Remi Tinubu As Pastor - Is RCCG Compromised? by Olabenjamen22(m): 6:45pm On Aug 07, 2018
thorpido:
Nothing wrong with the ordination if she merits it.
Yes,the church should not marry them but are they doing marriage here now?
Read 1 Corinthians 7 about what the bible says concerning a believer married to an unbeliever.

stop misquoteing the scripture, that chapter is talking about unbeliever that convert to Christianity but her husband did not convert.
And it is not the case here.

2 Likes

Re: The Ordination Of Remi Tinubu As Pastor - Is RCCG Compromised? by AZeD1(m): 6:46pm On Aug 07, 2018
linearity:

You clearly don’t understand the Bible you preaches...what you have just said is addressed by the Bible under...

“...in the times of ignorance the Lord overlooked, but now commanded everyone to be born again...”

Bible commanded that, the spouse of Bishops to be must be born again and gave the qualities of a Bishop and even went ahead to state that, if a Bishop find themselves wanting of any of these qualities, that they should resign and go fix the issue.

No one is preventing her from running her race, she can a practicing Christian and believer and can still be nightly used by God; but once you want to ordain her as a leader and Bishop, references have to be made to the Bible, which has clearly lay out the qualities such a person must possess.

You want to point out that part of the bible?

The below is also from the bible OP

And if a woman has an unbelieving husband and he is willing to live with her, she must not divorce him. 14For the unbelieving husband is sanctified through his believing wife, and the unbelieving wife is sanctified through her believing husband.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Ordination Of Remi Tinubu As Pastor - Is RCCG Compromised? by Lekmusic: 6:47pm On Aug 07, 2018
How did you know she is an unbeliever? You mean you know the whole story behind her salvation?
Amitez:
In the light of the RCCG ordination of Sen Remi Tinubu today, how would my church interpret this scriptures?

Be ye not unequally yoked together with unbelievers: for what fellowship hath righteousness with unrighteousness? and what communion hath light with darkness?And what concord hath Christ with Belial? or what part hath he that believeth with an infidel?And what agreement hath the temple of God with idols? for ye are the temple of the living God; as God hath said, I will dwell in them, and walk in them; and I will be their God, and they shall be my people.Wherefore come out from among them, and be ye separate, saith the Lord, and touch not the unclean thing; and I will receive you.And will be a Father unto you, and ye shall be my sons and daughters, saith the Lord Almighty. - 2 Corinthians 6:14-18. - 2 Corinthians 6:14-18

What message is RCCG passing to the larger congregation? Is it now approved for Christian singles to marry muslims?
Will RCCG now conduct marriages of Christian sisters with muslim husbands?
How will the Assistant Pastor Remi Tinubu who is married to a practicing muslim conduct marriage counselling for intending couples?
Have we Christians not derailed?
It is an irony that today's Open Heavens discussed the derailment of God's prophets for material things. Disobeying God to please men. Are we still alive? May God help our Pastors.
Re: The Ordination Of Remi Tinubu As Pastor - Is RCCG Compromised? by phlopholly: 6:47pm On Aug 07, 2018
Owomkpo:
Lol.
Christianity is a joke these days.
I am sure the Most high is just looking at RCCG and weeping.
Stop responding to what you do not know. There is nothing wrong in what the church has done. If she has been a worker in the church and actively involved in the activities the church plus having the necessary theological qualifications, then she is qualified. And such she was ordained.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Ordination Of Remi Tinubu As Pastor - Is RCCG Compromised? by oruma19: 6:48pm On Aug 07, 2018
ye talk because ye know not the scriptures. reac 1 corr 7:1-end. the unbelieving wife is sanctified by the believing husband vice versa. mr righteous, we are all Abraham's children. are u saying no muslim will go to heaven since u are now God...mumu kill all of una for nigeria cos u knw not the ways of God
Amitez:
In the light of the RCCG ordination of Sen Remi Tinubu today, how would my church interpret this scriptures?

Be ye not unequally yoked together with unbelievers: for what fellowship hath righteousness with unrighteousness? and what communion hath light with darkness?And what concord hath Christ with Belial? or what part hath he that believeth with an infidel?And what agreement hath the temple of God with idols? for ye are the temple of the living God; as God hath said, I will dwell in them, and walk in them; and I will be their God, and they shall be my people.Wherefore come out from among them, and be ye separate, saith the Lord, and touch not the unclean thing; and I will receive you.And will be a Father unto you, and ye shall be my sons and daughters, saith the Lord Almighty. - 2 Corinthians 6:14-18. - 2 Corinthians 6:14-18

What message is RCCG passing to the larger congregation? Is it now approved for Christian singles to marry muslims?
Will RCCG now conduct marriages of Christian sisters with muslim husbands?
How will the Assistant Pastor Remi Tinubu who is married to a practicing muslim conduct marriage counselling for intending couples?
Have we Christians not derailed?
It is an irony that today's Open Heavens discussed the derailment of God's prophets for material things. Disobeying God to please men. Are we still alive? May God help our Pastors.
Re: The Ordination Of Remi Tinubu As Pastor - Is RCCG Compromised? by mickeymimi: 6:50pm On Aug 07, 2018
saraki2019:
how can tinubu be in a church, have a pastor as a wife and still call himself a muslim, another reason to clear apc in 2019
#clearAPC2019,
They are deceitful

I think it clearly shows that in RCCG it does not matter if your spouse is of another faith...e.g moslem , budhist , yahooyahoo,,etc. As long as YOU are serving in the church and be a good christian living a righteous life and regular tither .

If she were to bring Tinubu to the church..... they might ask him to be baptized , do restitution , no longer be yoked with unbelievers and start attending new believers classes ....be a regular tither from honest earnings.... cld be the reason sha

1 Like

Re: The Ordination Of Remi Tinubu As Pastor - Is RCCG Compromised? by Olabenjamen22(m): 6:50pm On Aug 07, 2018
gustav25:
This is really shallow of you @op . Can't you know that before any Religious attachment, we are humans first ? So to you ,a Muslim is a bad person just because he is a Muslim? I tell you Brethren,heaven if it exists doesn't know you

just get the hell out of this page if you have nothing sensible to said.

I guess you dont know that Muslim consider you as inhuman that cannot marry there Muslim sister.

I guess there Allah consider all Christian brothers as bad too, for him to give that kind of rules. Mtcheew

1 Like

Re: The Ordination Of Remi Tinubu As Pastor - Is RCCG Compromised? by Idealma: 6:52pm On Aug 07, 2018
It's well

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Lagos Pastor: "I Only Had Sex With 6 Out Of The 30 Underaged Girls" / Seeing Visions Of Believers In Hell - Prince Gabriel Okocha / Shiloh 2014: Bishop Oyedepo's 15 Prophetic Declarations For 2015

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.