Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,585 members, 7,955,160 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 06:19 PM

The Ordination Of Remi Tinubu As Pastor - Is RCCG Compromised? - Religion (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Ordination Of Remi Tinubu As Pastor - Is RCCG Compromised? (39696 Views)

Tinubu: Social Media Doesn’t Dictate Ordination, Says RCCG / Why Is RCCG And Adeboye So Tribalistic? / Daddy Freeze Reacts As Remi Tinubu Is Ordained As RCCG Pastor (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Ordination Of Remi Tinubu As Pastor - Is RCCG Compromised? by Holuwaxheun(m): 10:05pm On Aug 07, 2018
Winning123:
Stop twisting the gospel. The scriptures say a believing wife can stay with her unbelieving husband.

God bless you. The op should go and study 1 Cor 7:13-16.

May our eyes of understanding be opened.
Re: The Ordination Of Remi Tinubu As Pastor - Is RCCG Compromised? by martinosi: 10:13pm On Aug 07, 2018
Arysexy:
Yes

1. APC zombies made us know all senators are thieves, Remi is a senator and ordaining a thief is sacrilegious.

2. Remi is married to a Muslim and a thief a.k.a thieefnubuu that stole Lagos dry. How will she admonish others to win souls when she has not won her husband to Christ?

3. Do not yoke with unbelievers nko? Her husband is unbeliever! As a pastor, many look up to her for spiritual direction, she does not qualify.

4. As a thieving sinator, involved in appending signature for illegal impeachment of Saraki, God is angry with her for trying to truncate our democracy and set d country on fire. She does not qualify to Pastor believers

This is where the so called Penticostal churches in Nigeria are today .....what a Joke ans a Mess....I have kind of noticed that
their seems to be alot of prominent Government Top Officials and Politicians that come from RCCG....

1 Like

Re: The Ordination Of Remi Tinubu As Pastor - Is RCCG Compromised? by martinosi: 10:16pm On Aug 07, 2018
Djinja:
They are compromised. RCCG has moved from doctrinal purity to compromising with politicians

You have made a strong point...i for one cant take Pastor at RCCG Serious anymore.....seems like being a Pastor in that church is
like a Chieftancy Title....

1 Like

Re: The Ordination Of Remi Tinubu As Pastor - Is RCCG Compromised? by OlufemiWhit(m): 10:38pm On Aug 07, 2018
Owomkpo:
Lol.
Christianity is a joke these days.
I am sure the Most high is just looking at RCCG and weeping.
how can you be sure.....bros calm down and stop typin shit.....
Re: The Ordination Of Remi Tinubu As Pastor - Is RCCG Compromised? by lexy2014: 10:38pm On Aug 07, 2018
globalresource:
Is tinubu's wife an animal? God can use anyone abeg
y has God not used u?

1 Like

Re: The Ordination Of Remi Tinubu As Pastor - Is RCCG Compromised? by chuose2: 10:38pm On Aug 07, 2018
Lets call a spade a spade, RCCG is not Christian

1 Like

Re: The Ordination Of Remi Tinubu As Pastor - Is RCCG Compromised? by Banmeallday: 10:39pm On Aug 07, 2018
RCCG is part of the problem, distracting people left and right and making millions doing so

3 Likes

Re: The Ordination Of Remi Tinubu As Pastor - Is RCCG Compromised? by lexy2014: 10:44pm On Aug 07, 2018
terrezo2002:
If God can use Paul, He can use her. Well, let's see how she lives her now as a Pastor.
y has God not used u?
Re: The Ordination Of Remi Tinubu As Pastor - Is RCCG Compromised? by vislabraye(m): 10:59pm On Aug 07, 2018
Olabenjamen22:

she was born a Christian and marry a Muslim, so that verse doesn't apply to her.

You cannot teach or lead people on what you yourself fail to followed.

Was she born again by the time she married?
Re: The Ordination Of Remi Tinubu As Pastor - Is RCCG Compromised? by Alkanoicacid(m): 11:09pm On Aug 07, 2018
saraki2019:
how can tinubu be in a church, have a pastor as a wife and still call himself a muslim, another reason to clear apc in 2019
#clearAPC2019,
They are deceitful

So Tinubu just married Remi today just for the 2019 election?

Re: The Ordination Of Remi Tinubu As Pastor - Is RCCG Compromised? by lexy2014: 11:13pm On Aug 07, 2018
Ademidd:
...and u cannot raise the issue in the church instead u brought it to nairaland for them to judge the case. God doesn't think the way we think, u don't know if she is more worthy in God presence than u do. The salvation of your own soul is important.
if she wasn't remi tinubu, just an ordinary member who was known to b married to a Muslim, would she have been ordained?

2 Likes

Re: The Ordination Of Remi Tinubu As Pastor - Is RCCG Compromised? by lexy2014: 11:22pm On Aug 07, 2018
mickeymimi:
It also shows that pastors can also be politician....politics is where they earn their living....they might be d kin politician that dont steal money and very honest.....cos they believe in God .
like osinbajo. Am sure we all can feel his pastoral character in govt
Re: The Ordination Of Remi Tinubu As Pastor - Is RCCG Compromised? by lexy2014: 11:35pm On Aug 07, 2018
farem:

It's obvious you are not an experience worker in RCCG not to talk of a marriage counselor for that matter

Do you know how many ordination that's done Evey year? Does this mean every one is a head of a church?
Every worker in RCCG knows that to be ordained a deacon, assistant pastor or pastor does not usually translate to being made a head of an assembly (parish).

I want everyone here to disregard this Op who is claiming to belong to marriage counselling department in RCCG.
He knows nothing about the workings in RCCG and he is an impostor.
Op, if really you are in RCCG as you wewrite as a worker in counselling department
1. For how long have you beinga worker?
2. What process confirmed you as a worker?
3. Since you claim to know much about RCCG, how come you keep referring someone being ordained as an assistant pastor as PASTOR? it's either you are knowledge bereft or you are out to do the bid of your master-Satan. Making mockery of anything Church
4. If you know that there is difference between the two positions, tell us what qualify one to be ordained under each.
5. I still have questions for you but your answers to the ones above will determine which.

Oya, we are waiting...

what is d difference between an assistant pastor& a pastor?

1 Like

Re: The Ordination Of Remi Tinubu As Pastor - Is RCCG Compromised? by ShootThemAll(m): 11:49pm On Aug 07, 2018
Thank God DSS, APC didn't succeed in carrying out their evil plans today. Tinubu, PMB, Osinbajo, Lai Mohammed, Adams Oshiomole, APC were aware of everything. Tinubu's interview the following day would have been like "I was with my beautiful wife at RCCG when I heard the great news, its a welcome development and fight against corruption" corruption kill you there. PMB in London, Lai Mohammed in Lagos preaching fake news... Evil men !!!!!!
Re: The Ordination Of Remi Tinubu As Pastor - Is RCCG Compromised? by farem: 12:01am On Aug 08, 2018
lexy2014:

nomenclature says it all. no ambiguity. Pastor is the highest ordination in RCCG. others are lower to it.
Re: The Ordination Of Remi Tinubu As Pastor - Is RCCG Compromised? by Ademidd: 12:23am On Aug 08, 2018
lexy2014:
if she wasn't remi tinubu, just an ordinary member who was known to b married to a Muslim, would she have been ordained?
I don't think it matters, to we human we look at it outwardly but we don't know the way of God. My mum is a Christian while my dad is a Muslim even our pastor knows that, he only follow us to church on 31st dec cross over nights. My mum is so fervent in the church, she is part of the church committee and one of the workers by God's grace. When it comes to the things of God, we should not bring in politics, I'm sure she has been trained by the church before been anointed as an assistant pastor. God is the rewarder of everyone.
Re: The Ordination Of Remi Tinubu As Pastor - Is RCCG Compromised? by lexy2014: 12:23am On Aug 08, 2018
farem:

nomenclature says it all. no ambiguity. Pastor is the highest ordination in RCCG. others are lower to it.
nomenclature doesn't say it all&nomenclature doesn't explain things. of course we all no assistant pastor is lower than pastor in terms cadre. That is obvious. U said earlier is that they are different. So how are they different? I was expecting u 2 throw light on how they discharge their functions
Re: The Ordination Of Remi Tinubu As Pastor - Is RCCG Compromised? by lexy2014: 12:28am On Aug 08, 2018
ShootThemAll:
Thank God DSS, APC didn't succeed in carrying out their evil plans today. Tinubu, PMB, Osinbajo, Lai Mohammed, Adams Oshiomole, APC were aware of everything. Tinubu's interview the following day would have been like "I was with my beautiful wife at RCCG when I heard the great news, its a welcome development and fight against corruption" corruption kill you there. PMB in London, Lai Mohammed in Lagos preaching fake news... Evil men !!!!!!
d problem isn't with tinubu, buhari or lie Mohammed. D problem is with d several minions around d country who would rather fight 4 buhari to b president than 2 fight 4 their rights as Nigerians
Re: The Ordination Of Remi Tinubu As Pastor - Is RCCG Compromised? by Nobody: 12:34am On Aug 08, 2018
Nwaohafia1:
Do not judge so that ye will not be judged.

I don't know why I hate these quote you used here! Seriously ...
Maybe, it's because most people misinterpretes it..most likely.
Re: The Ordination Of Remi Tinubu As Pastor - Is RCCG Compromised? by hoopLA: 12:36am On Aug 08, 2018
Skepticus:
cool

I knew I never missed it when I stopped attending Church in this hellhole.

Leadership is for the highest bidder and not by character.

God has left Nigerian Churches a long time ago

No wonder Islamic Terrorists are murdering you all in large numbers.
This.

No truer words have been spoken on this thread.

Fools are saying "judge not"

Whoever you are, you have foresight and hindsight and insight and you should go far in life

1 Like

Re: The Ordination Of Remi Tinubu As Pastor - Is RCCG Compromised? by Rollydeee(m): 1:04am On Aug 08, 2018
You pple shld just shut up..don sin trying to make news,remu has been a member for years now,she was ordained deaconess even before she was senator, nd ad time goes on which is normal in rccg,u can be ordained assistant pastor, they are so many politicians who are Alfa's, alhaji as well.Dont make a fuss out of this
Re: The Ordination Of Remi Tinubu As Pastor - Is RCCG Compromised? by Rollydeee(m): 1:07am On Aug 08, 2018
lexy2014:
U become a pastor after becoming an assistant pastor..
Re: The Ordination Of Remi Tinubu As Pastor - Is RCCG Compromised? by Nobody: 1:12am On Aug 08, 2018
farem:

It's obvious you are not an experience worker in RCCG not to talk of a marriage counselor for that matter

Do you know how many ordination that's done Evey year? Does this mean every one is a head of a church?
Every worker in RCCG knows that to be ordained a deacon, assistant pastor or pastor does not usually translate to being made a head of an assembly (parish).

I want everyone here to disregard this Op who is claiming to belong to marriage counselling department in RCCG.
He knows nothing about the workings in RCCG and he is an impostor.
Op, if really you are in RCCG as you wewrite as a worker in counselling department
1. For how long have you beinga worker?
2. What process confirmed you as a worker?
3. Since you claim to know much about RCCG, how come you keep referring someone being ordained as an assistant pastor as PASTOR? it's either you are knowledge bereft or you are out to do the bid of your master-Satan. Making mockery of anything Church
4. If you know that there is difference between the two positions, tell us what qualify one to be ordained under each.
5. I still have questions for you but your answers to the ones above will determine which.

Oya, we are waiting...

Sorry my brother. I do not join issues with anyone on Christian faith, had to point out a few things. . By the Grace of God, I am what I say I am, not claiming any position I did not attain. In RCCG, intending couples attend marriage counselling classes. Even acts such as fornication, pregnancy before marriage, marrying an unbeliever are some of the ground for the church to refuse joining couples.

To satisfy your curiosity. I was born again in 1995. I joined RCCG in Benin, passed through believers class, water baptised in RCCG when Pastor Olawale was Provincial Pastor in Benin. Became an evangelist and Soul winner for Christ. I joined the workforce after passing through the workers in training programme. In 2006 I attended Discipleship Class. In 2007, I graduated from RCCG Bible College with a Post-Graduate Diploma. I became a marriage counsellor not by personal choice but by the church decision after profiling of my marriage life. So my brother, I know what am saying. To become an alter minister or ordained as a deacon in RCCG, you must be born again and not be a ridicule to the church doctrine amongst others. Many pastors-in-charge of Parish are only deacons. To become an Assistant Pastor of RCCG means you are even higher than Pastor-in-charge of Parish who is just a deacon. In RCCG, if an Asst. Pastor walks into a Parish and the Pastor'in Pastor'in'charge, who is a deacon becomes aware, he or she is accorded that respect and even join the workers meeting and if he or she choses to, can lead the church service as a more senior leader in the church that day. My point on this post is this. How would a minister, Pastor, Asst Pastor admonish members who are going astray if they have a 'big lig on their eyes'.

Lets leave politics aside. This is not seating right with the doctrine of RCCG. God is not mocked my brother. If our leaders go wrong, we should honestly point out their errors.
Re: The Ordination Of Remi Tinubu As Pastor - Is RCCG Compromised? by Nobody: 1:35am On Aug 08, 2018
Amitez:
In the light of the RCCG ordination of Sen Remi Tinubu today, how would my church interpret this scriptures?

Be ye not unequally yoked together with unbelievers: for what fellowship hath righteousness with unrighteousness? and what communion hath light with darkness?And what concord hath Christ with Belial? or what part hath he that believeth with an infidel?And what agreement hath the temple of God with idols? for ye are the temple of the living God; as God hath said, I will dwell in them, and walk in them; and I will be their God, and they shall be my people.Wherefore come out from among them, and be ye separate, saith the Lord, and touch not the unclean thing; and I will receive you.And will be a Father unto you, and ye shall be my sons and daughters, saith the Lord Almighty. - 2 Corinthians 6:14-18. - 2 Corinthians 6:14-18

What message is RCCG passing to the larger congregation? Is it now approved for Christian singles to marry muslims?
Will RCCG now conduct marriages of Christian sisters with muslim husbands?
How will the Assistant Pastor Remi Tinubu who is married to a practicing muslim conduct marriage counselling for intending couples?
Have we Christians not derailed?
It is an irony that today's Open Heavens discussed the derailment of God's prophets for material things. Disobeying God to please men. Are we still alive? May God help our Pastors.

why is it that this new generation of Christians are full of hate?

do you imply that she is not qualified just because she hold a political post.
Re: The Ordination Of Remi Tinubu As Pastor - Is RCCG Compromised? by freethinker01: 1:46am On Aug 08, 2018
hopefulLandlord:
RCCG has always been a business. they run franchising like McDonalds FFS where each branch needs to remit money to the head office haha

Trust me, it's not only RCCG, it's every other Church that has branches all over the place... They collect larger chunk of what their branches make n leave them to run on crumbs... It's all business bro.
If u know, u know.
Re: The Ordination Of Remi Tinubu As Pastor - Is RCCG Compromised? by presiade(m): 3:02am On Aug 08, 2018
Clearly, most Nigerians just claim to practise Christianity without understanding a jack about it cry. Read 1Chorintians 7:12 (in fact, the entire chapter).

Nigerians practise more of syncretism than Christianity.
Re: The Ordination Of Remi Tinubu As Pastor - Is RCCG Compromised? by Johnkay225: 3:12am On Aug 08, 2018
I don't have an issue with anybody that is ordained or not oh, it is also not my place to judge anybody but i must say that Pastor Osinbajo has disappointed me as a person. Is this not the same woman that fought in the senate with Dino Melaye? Most times the actions we take backfire and come back to hunt us. I cannot judge her though but I believe we should not do what will drag the name of the Church on the mud... And especially the Name of the Lord..
Re: The Ordination Of Remi Tinubu As Pastor - Is RCCG Compromised? by zinizta: 3:13am On Aug 08, 2018
correctguy101:

Ha, I no dey o angry

John 11:35

35 Jesus Wept
Re: The Ordination Of Remi Tinubu As Pastor - Is RCCG Compromised? by awoluyi(m): 3:23am On Aug 08, 2018
I can imagine confusion in Tinubu's house every morning during devotion as some family members will be with Asiwaju Tinubu reading the Holy Quran and others with Sen Remi Tinubu praying and speaking in tongues. Strict adherence to qualifications and responsibilities of a pastor as stated in the Bible will surely disqualify Sen Remi to be a pastor.
Re: The Ordination Of Remi Tinubu As Pastor - Is RCCG Compromised? by Chiboto414: 4:10am On Aug 08, 2018
Planting Hus wide in the midst of the Christian again like osibanjo did . to work for buhari election 2019..political business man
Re: The Ordination Of Remi Tinubu As Pastor - Is RCCG Compromised? by folawalesegun: 5:13am On Aug 08, 2018
2 Corinthians 6:14-18 had said it all
Re: The Ordination Of Remi Tinubu As Pastor - Is RCCG Compromised? by lereinter(m): 5:38am On Aug 08, 2018
most things that rccg do/say nowadays is surrounded by controversy

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Pastor Jerry Eze Weeps As Girl In Wheelchair Is Healed At UK Prayer Conference ( / NOAH: This Information Will Make Smart People Throw Their Bibles Away! / Biblical Meaning Of Palm Fruits In The Dream

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.