Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,597 members, 7,955,191 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 07:14 PM

The Ordination Of Remi Tinubu As Pastor - Is RCCG Compromised? - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Ordination Of Remi Tinubu As Pastor - Is RCCG Compromised? (39697 Views)

Tinubu: Social Media Doesn’t Dictate Ordination, Says RCCG / Why Is RCCG And Adeboye So Tribalistic? / Daddy Freeze Reacts As Remi Tinubu Is Ordained As RCCG Pastor (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Ordination Of Remi Tinubu As Pastor - Is RCCG Compromised? by Olabenjamen22(m): 6:53pm On Aug 07, 2018
Katier00:
Just listen to her message, forget any other thing. Muslims Christians na all one God we get

which one God?

What a shame.

2 Likes

Re: The Ordination Of Remi Tinubu As Pastor - Is RCCG Compromised? by vislabraye(m): 6:53pm On Aug 07, 2018
Amitez:
In the light of the RCCG ordination of Sen Remi Tinubu today, how would my church interpret this scriptures?

Be ye not unequally yoked together with unbelievers: for what fellowship hath righteousness with unrighteousness? and what communion hath light with darkness?And what concord hath Christ with Belial? or what part hath he that believeth with an infidel?And what agreement hath the temple of God with idols? for ye are the temple of the living God; as God hath said, I will dwell in them, and walk in them; and I will be their God, and they shall be my people.Wherefore come out from among them, and be ye separate, saith the Lord, and touch not the unclean thing; and I will receive you.And will be a Father unto you, and ye shall be my sons and daughters, saith the Lord Almighty. - 2 Corinthians 6:14-18. - 2 Corinthians 6:14-18

What message is RCCG passing to the larger congregation? Is it now approved for Christian singles to marry muslims?
Will RCCG now conduct marriages of Christian sisters with muslim husbands?
How will the Assistant Pastor Remi Tinubu who is married to a practicing muslim conduct marriage counselling for intending couples?
Have we Christians not derailed?
It is an irony that today's Open Heavens discussed the derailment of God's prophets for material things. Disobeying God to please men. Are we still alive? May God help our Pastors.

I'm not a member of Redeem Christian God, but I can't really fault them based on the reasons you gave .
Remi is married to a Moslem but what does the scripture say about it? It says if the unbelieving spouse wishes to stay, let him/her stay. Probably they got married before she found Christ. I really don't know.

But that being said, the leadership of RCCG is questionable. I wonder what went behind the scene.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Ordination Of Remi Tinubu As Pastor - Is RCCG Compromised? by obowunmi(m): 6:54pm On Aug 07, 2018
APC needs RCCG's voter's base and block.

4 Likes

Re: The Ordination Of Remi Tinubu As Pastor - Is RCCG Compromised? by gustav25: 6:55pm On Aug 07, 2018
Olabenjamen22:

just get the hell out of this page if you have nothing sensible to said.

I guess you dont know that Muslim consider you as inhuman that cannot marry there Muslim sister.

I guess there Allah consider all Christian brothers as bad too, for him to give that kind of rules. Mtcheew
I expected nothing but piffle from your type ....Grow up
Re: The Ordination Of Remi Tinubu As Pastor - Is RCCG Compromised? by MorataFC: 6:56pm On Aug 07, 2018
Amitez:

You missed the message in the post. Go and read it again! I am not aware that a Pastor is a spouse to unbelieving husband. I am still learning though, but The RCCG that I know, where I worked as a marriage counsellor would not wed a Christian and muslim couple. So, why ordain a wife of a muslim as a Pastor?
I don't get your point.
It's like saying why Saul became Paul, why Abraham the son of pagan became God's chosen, maybe u need to be familiar with your Bible I can see u are far away from it.

Read this
2 Corinthians 5:17
Re: The Ordination Of Remi Tinubu As Pastor - Is RCCG Compromised? by Olabenjamen22(m): 6:57pm On Aug 07, 2018
gustav25:

I expected nothing but piffle from your type ....Grow up

lolz. I dont negotiate word with dummy.
Re: The Ordination Of Remi Tinubu As Pastor - Is RCCG Compromised? by Chiedu4Trump: 6:57pm On Aug 07, 2018
Menace2Society:
U IPOB people are something else undecided
U dey fear IPOB and u should, when we leave u are lost

1 Like

Re: The Ordination Of Remi Tinubu As Pastor - Is RCCG Compromised? by Olabenjamen22(m): 6:59pm On Aug 07, 2018
juncheng:
so becos her husband is a Muslim, her own faith is invalid ?

nope, that position is invalid for her.
Re: The Ordination Of Remi Tinubu As Pastor - Is RCCG Compromised? by Nobody: 7:01pm On Aug 07, 2018
crooked pastors!
Re: The Ordination Of Remi Tinubu As Pastor - Is RCCG Compromised? by Olabenjamen22(m): 7:01pm On Aug 07, 2018
phlopholly:

So you don't even know your Bible. Oga marriage councilor. Go back to your Bible and read 1Cor 7:12-14 again and digest it

that verse is talking about a woman that convert to Christianity but her husband didn't convert.

Stop misquoteing verse up and down.

2 Likes

Re: The Ordination Of Remi Tinubu As Pastor - Is RCCG Compromised? by edibobo: 7:04pm On Aug 07, 2018
May God make Tinubu Bola Ahmed to be born again and leave the evil ways and also appear to him so that what that happened to Saul will happen to him
Re: The Ordination Of Remi Tinubu As Pastor - Is RCCG Compromised? by Olabenjamen22(m): 7:07pm On Aug 07, 2018
vislabraye:

I'm not a member of Redeem Christian God, but I can't really fault them based on the reasons you gave .
Remi is married to a Moslem but what does the scripture say about it? It says if the unbelieving spouse wishes to stay, let him/her stay. Probably they got married before she found Christ. I really don't know.

But that being said, the leadership of RCCG is questionable. I wonder what went behind the scene.

she was born a Christian and marry a Muslim, so that verse doesn't apply to her.

You cannot teach or lead people on what you yourself fail to followed.

3 Likes

Re: The Ordination Of Remi Tinubu As Pastor - Is RCCG Compromised? by Nobody: 7:08pm On Aug 07, 2018
make una leave church issue alone oh

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Ordination Of Remi Tinubu As Pastor - Is RCCG Compromised? by Nobody: 7:09pm On Aug 07, 2018
MorataFC:
I don't get your point.
It's like saying why Saul became Paul, why Abraham the son of pagan became God's chosen, maybe u need to be familiar with your Bible I can see u are far away from it.

Read this
2 Corinthians 5:17

Bro, sorry I do not go into argumentative discourses. My question is simple. How do you interpret what Paul admonished Christians in 2 Corinthians 6:14? If it is too hard for you to understand the KJV version, please, read MSG version below:

Don’t become partners with those who reject God. How can you make a partnership out of right and wrong? That’s not partnership; that’s war. Is light best friends with dark? Does Christ go strolling with the Devil? Do trust and mistrust hold hands? Who would think of setting up pagan idols in God’s holy Temple? But that is exactly what we are, each of us a temple in whom God lives. God himself put it this way: “I’ll live in them, move into them; I’ll be their God and they’ll be my people. So leave the corruption and compromise; leave it for good,” says God. “Don’t link up with those who will pollute you. I want you all for myself. I’ll be a Father to you; you’ll be sons and daughters to me.” The Word of the Master, God

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Ordination Of Remi Tinubu As Pastor - Is RCCG Compromised? by Grace001: 7:13pm On Aug 07, 2018
RCCG is a business center. Take it or leave it. Most of their members are just deceiving themselves.

1 Like

Re: The Ordination Of Remi Tinubu As Pastor - Is RCCG Compromised? by Nobody: 7:15pm On Aug 07, 2018
One of my best friend is a Moslem...imagine Tinubu a rich and practicing Moslem with just 1 wife married to a pastor for about 3 decades now...how I wish the whole world have this view about religion

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Ordination Of Remi Tinubu As Pastor - Is RCCG Compromised? by klax(m): 7:18pm On Aug 07, 2018
You said RCCG? Don't you know them before? I will never enter that church if even Christ comes back and say o ye son of man meet me at the RCCG centre I will tell him dady or papa RCCG does not befits you.

2 Likes

Re: The Ordination Of Remi Tinubu As Pastor - Is RCCG Compromised? by Begino1: 7:19pm On Aug 07, 2018
Religion na politics, I remember the song of majek fashek.
Re: The Ordination Of Remi Tinubu As Pastor - Is RCCG Compromised? by linearity: 7:21pm On Aug 07, 2018
AZeD1:

You want to point out that part of the bible?

The below is also from the bible OP

And if a woman has an unbelieving husband and he is willing to live with her, she must not divorce him. 14For the unbelieving husband is sanctified through his believing wife, and the unbelieving wife is sanctified through her believing husband.

Read 1 Tim 3:1-.....

What you stated above about not divorcing is, the same thing I stated about God ignoring the time of ignorance.

The Bible warned believer about not marrying an unbeliever, but if you are already married to an unbeliever, you cannot divorce them...but you can’t be a Bishop as per not been a good example, read 1 Tim 3.

3 Likes

Re: The Ordination Of Remi Tinubu As Pastor - Is RCCG Compromised? by farem: 7:21pm On Aug 07, 2018
Amitez:

You missed the message in the post. Go and read it again! I am not aware that a Pastor is a spouse to unbelieving husband. I am still learning though, but The RCCG that I know, where I worked as a marriage counsellor would not wed a Christian and muslim couple. So, why ordain a wife of a muslim as a Pastor?

It's obvious you are not an experience worker in RCCG not to talk of a marriage counselor for that matter

Do you know how many ordination that's done Evey year? Does this mean every one is a head of a church?
Every worker in RCCG knows that to be ordained a deacon, assistant pastor or pastor does not usually translate to being made a head of an assembly (parish).

I want everyone here to disregard this Op who is claiming to belong to marriage counselling department in RCCG.
He knows nothing about the workings in RCCG and he is an impostor.
Op, if really you are in RCCG as you wewrite as a worker in counselling department
1. For how long have you beinga worker?
2. What process confirmed you as a worker?
3. Since you claim to know much about RCCG, how come you keep referring someone being ordained as an assistant pastor as PASTOR? it's either you are knowledge bereft or you are out to do the bid of your master-Satan. Making mockery of anything Church
4. If you know that there is difference between the two positions, tell us what qualify one to be ordained under each.
5. I still have questions for you but your answers to the ones above will determine which.

Oya, we are waiting...

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Ordination Of Remi Tinubu As Pastor - Is RCCG Compromised? by wanger50(m): 7:24pm On Aug 07, 2018
The desperately money seeking RCCG can even ordain the sheikh of Saudi Arabia so long as he can pay for it.

2 Likes

Re: The Ordination Of Remi Tinubu As Pastor - Is RCCG Compromised? by ikorodureporta: 7:24pm On Aug 07, 2018
Dnt b deceived. Yr leaders @ rccg aren't Christians, th4 not guided by Christian teachings. They'r Freemasons & Illuminatists

1 Like

Re: The Ordination Of Remi Tinubu As Pastor - Is RCCG Compromised? by mickeymimi: 7:28pm On Aug 07, 2018
It is a good thing sha... atlest pple of different faith can marry each other and live peacefully.....If Church or Mosque wont marry them .. they can go to the registry na.

another thing is ... in a strong muslim setting / family .. it might be difficult for them to marry a christian ....For example Hausa Moslem.

Alos in a very strong christian setting ... it might be difficult to marry a moslem cos some christian believe Allah is not God.....they might want the person to change their religion first...

Apart from that .. most Nigerians of different religion usually get along.
Re: The Ordination Of Remi Tinubu As Pastor - Is RCCG Compromised? by zinizta: 7:29pm On Aug 07, 2018
Amitez:
In the light of the RCCG ordination of Sen Remi Tinubu today, how would my church interpret this scriptures?

Be ye not unequally yoked together with unbelievers: for what fellowship hath righteousness with unrighteousness? and what communion hath light with darkness?And what concord hath Christ with Belial? or what part hath he that believeth with an infidel?And what agreement hath the temple of God with idols? for ye are the temple of the living God; as God hath said, I will dwell in them, and walk in them; and I will be their God, and they shall be my people.Wherefore come out from among them, and be ye separate, saith the Lord, and touch not the unclean thing; and I will receive you.And will be a Father unto you, and ye shall be my sons and daughters, saith the Lord Almighty. - 2 Corinthians 6:14-18. - 2 Corinthians 6:14-18

What message is RCCG passing to the larger congregation? Is it now approved for Christian singles to marry muslims?
Will RCCG now conduct marriages of Christian sisters with muslim husbands?
How will the Assistant Pastor Remi Tinubu who is married to a practicing muslim conduct marriage counselling for intending couples?
Have we Christians not derailed?
It is an irony that today's Open Heavens discussed the derailment of God's prophets for material things. Disobeying God to please men. Are we still alive? May God help our Pastors.

your write up is quite lopsided theoretical and idealistic.... i prove this with a couple of examples

Scenario 1: if a muslim lady marries a muslim man then later converts to christianity, are you implying she divorces her husband ?

Scenario 2: If a Non born again christian marries amuslim and later becomes converted , are you saying she should also divorce her husband?

I am not a big fan of RCCG because many big wigs there are religious but not adhering 100 percent to bible principles but i know me myself no holy i know say e no easy. ..

Also that I don't believe in the flamboyant dressing style of some of the women and also materialism of which is the only area where I agree with your writeup. ...

Good critique though

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Ordination Of Remi Tinubu As Pastor - Is RCCG Compromised? by Paul112(m): 7:30pm On Aug 07, 2018
Tinubu's wife could be a born again christian and she might have attended the redeemed Christian bible school. Well its not good to judge a book by its cover, no one knows what senator oluremi tinubu does close door with God. Remember what God told samuel concerning anointing david in the bible despite all d heavy built and handsome looking jesse's sons God still chose david. God doesnt look at ur appearance but ur heart. So lets not Judge d rccg for ordaining her. Saul converted to apostle paul did grievous things in d bible bt God still chosen him to preach d gospel of Jesus Christ
Re: The Ordination Of Remi Tinubu As Pastor - Is RCCG Compromised? by wonlasewonimi: 7:32pm On Aug 07, 2018
edibobo:
May God make Tinubu Bola Ahmed to be born again and leave the evil ways and also appear to him so that what that happened to Saul will happen to him

Kolewerk! That man is one of the top ogbonis in Nigeria. I won't be surprised if he inducts daddy GO into the confraternity

2 Likes

Re: The Ordination Of Remi Tinubu As Pastor - Is RCCG Compromised? by zinizta: 7:33pm On Aug 07, 2018
Paul112:
Tinubu's wife could be a born again christian and she might have attended the redeemed Christian bible school. Well its not good to judge a book by its cover, no one knows what senator oluremi tinubu does close door with God. Remember what God told samuel concerning anointing david in the bible despite all d heavy built jesse's son God still chose david. God doesnt look at ur appearance but ur heart. So lets not Judge d rccg for ordaining her. Saul converted to apostle paul did grievous things in d bible bt God still chosen him to preach d gospel of Jesus Christ

Those that have been to Bourdillion, Tinubu's residence can confirm this .... Remi Tinubu organises daily morning fellowship. ....Fashola and Tinubu are Muslims with christian spouses
Re: The Ordination Of Remi Tinubu As Pastor - Is RCCG Compromised? by Nobody: 7:33pm On Aug 07, 2018
gustav25:
This is really shallow of you @op . Can't you know that before any Religious attachment, we are humans first ? So to you ,a Muslim is a bad person just because he is a Muslim? I tell you Brethren,heaven if it exists doesn't know you

The issue is not about moslem but believers and unbelievers(members in the church that has not accepted Jesus as Lord and Saviour (Romans 10:9-10) and people of other faith. The Bible said in 1 Corinthians 6, that believers should not be unequally yoked together. But this tread is addressing the issue of ordination (empowerment and elevation to occupy an office to perform certain functions on behalf of Christ and His Church)
Re: The Ordination Of Remi Tinubu As Pastor - Is RCCG Compromised? by MENELIK11: 7:36pm On Aug 07, 2018
Amitez:

To you now, a Muslim is an unbeliever? Now tell me the difference between you and some people who labelled Christians as unbelievers and cause mayhem. I think the difference is that the other people propagates hatred with violence while you are doing yours in a subtle manner. In my opinion, you guys are birds of a feather.
Re: The Ordination Of Remi Tinubu As Pastor - Is RCCG Compromised? by phlopholly: 7:38pm On Aug 07, 2018
Olabenjamen22:

that verse is talking about a woman that convert to Christianity but her husband didn't convert.

Stop misquoteing verse up and down.
Please read verse 14 very well with an open mind
Re: The Ordination Of Remi Tinubu As Pastor - Is RCCG Compromised? by babadee1(m): 7:39pm On Aug 07, 2018
Amitez:

You better fear God and keep your mouth shut. If she herself was an unbeliever when she married him and she later got born again then she is required by scripture to remain in her marriage unless her husband wants to end it. There is nothing stopping her from serving as a pastor in that situation.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Pastor Jerry Eze Weeps As Girl In Wheelchair Is Healed At UK Prayer Conference ( / NOAH: This Information Will Make Smart People Throw Their Bibles Away! / Biblical Meaning Of Palm Fruits In The Dream

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.