Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,243 members, 7,818,828 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:08 AM

NASS Siege Came As A Surprise, IGP Claims - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / NASS Siege Came As A Surprise, IGP Claims (904 Views)

We Objected To Tinubu Chicago's Academic Credentials, But It Came As No Surprise / "I Am Only Answerable To Buhari" - Daura To Osinbajo On NASS Siege / How I Escaped The Siege Laid In My Home – Saraki (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Go Down)

NASS Siege Came As A Surprise, IGP Claims by naptu2: 6:18pm On Aug 07, 2018
NASS Siege Came As A Surprise, IGP Claims

Channels Television
Updated August 7, 2018

The Inspector General of Police, Ibrahim Idris, has claimed that the siege laid to the National Assembly by the officers of the Department of State Service (DSS), came to him as a surprise.

Mr Idris disclosed this to journalists on Tuesday after a meeting with the Acting President, Yemi Osinbajo, in Abuja.

Security officials stormed the premises of the National Assembly, barricading the entrance to the complex.

Lawmakers and members of staff of the Senate Chamber were prevented from entering the premises.

The police boss further added that the NASS situation is not an attack on democracy.

He had earlier met with the Acting President, Yemi Osinbajo, where he (Osinbajo) terminated the appointment of the DSS boss, Lawal Musa Daura.

Osinbajo described the siege to NASS as an unlawful act done without the knowledge of the presidency.

https://www.channelstv.com/2018/08/07/nass-siege-came-as-a-surprise-igp-claims/?utm_source=TW&utm_medium=ChannelsTV-+AutoPoster&utm_campaign=SNAP%2Bfrom%2BChannels+Television

Re: NASS Siege Came As A Surprise, IGP Claims by ModsareChevres: 6:36pm On Aug 07, 2018
Ok
Re: NASS Siege Came As A Surprise, IGP Claims by Balet: 6:36pm On Aug 07, 2018
W
Re: NASS Siege Came As A Surprise, IGP Claims by ct2: 6:36pm On Aug 07, 2018
e
Re: NASS Siege Came As A Surprise, IGP Claims by Leun: 6:37pm On Aug 07, 2018
Lies
Re: NASS Siege Came As A Surprise, IGP Claims by Nobody: 6:37pm On Aug 07, 2018
cheesy
Re: NASS Siege Came As A Surprise, IGP Claims by lalasticlala(m): 6:37pm On Aug 07, 2018

(1)

I Gave Birth To Udom Politically / Ambodes Mis-steps / What Has Bianca Ojukwu Ever Done For Humanity?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.