Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,120 members, 7,818,362 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:39 PM

Governor Shettima Awards Scholarship To Galadima Isreal, Highest In JAMB Scorer - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Governor Shettima Awards Scholarship To Galadima Isreal, Highest In JAMB Scorer (73450 Views)

Ejikeme Joy Scores Highest In JAMB, Gets INNOSON N3m Scholarship / Maduafokwa Agnes Egoagwuagwu 365 JAMB Score: Highest In 2020 / JAMB: Ekene Franklin Scores Highest In 2019 UTME With 347 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Governor Shettima Awards Scholarship To Galadima Isreal, Highest In JAMB Scorer by eluquenson(m): 9:55pm On Aug 07, 2018
Like I used to call people like that....efiko

The boy is a genius
Re: Governor Shettima Awards Scholarship To Galadima Isreal, Highest In JAMB Scorer by MENTORCH(m): 9:55pm On Aug 07, 2018
Donald95:
Weldone mr governor let's encourage Alamajiri Hausa /Fulani to embrace education. it will go a long way in reducing violence in Nigeria

But remember engineering Courses is 882500 per year in Convenant University .

Atleast he has done his own part, another person can assist too.
Re: Governor Shettima Awards Scholarship To Galadima Isreal, Highest In JAMB Scorer by nadigo(m): 9:56pm On Aug 07, 2018
wirinet:
Mama peace, come and see your fellow widow or is it widower here on;
i tire oh orphan orphan na person wey no get papa and mama naaa
Re: Governor Shettima Awards Scholarship To Galadima Isreal, Highest In JAMB Scorer by wafer1: 9:58pm On Aug 07, 2018
Proud of you bro. Repping my state in a brainy way. I tip my hat for you.
Re: Governor Shettima Awards Scholarship To Galadima Isreal, Highest In JAMB Scorer by puretayo(m): 9:59pm On Aug 07, 2018
Election time......citizens time
Re: Governor Shettima Awards Scholarship To Galadima Isreal, Highest In JAMB Scorer by Gerrard59(m): 9:59pm On Aug 07, 2018
Greene66:

Jamb is an organization.

Utme is an exam conducted and organized by jamb (the organization)

Just like..

W.A.E.C Is an organization (Exam Council)

S.S.C.E Is the exam conducted by W.A.E.C

They aren't thesame

WASSCE not SSCE. NECO does the latter.

Congratulations to the lad. I'm proud of him.
Bobby4090:

Covenant University again? I used to have the impression that these private Universities are for rich folks who couldn't make the cut off for schools like Unilag or OAU. I never knew brainy folks like this could choose them as First Choice.

Covenant University will be Nigeria's best in less than ten years.

2 Likes

Re: Governor Shettima Awards Scholarship To Galadima Isreal, Highest In JAMB Scorer by kenex4ever(m): 10:08pm On Aug 07, 2018
I thought some set of people were claiming him in the other thread
Re: Governor Shettima Awards Scholarship To Galadima Isreal, Highest In JAMB Scorer by classicfrank4u(m): 10:09pm On Aug 07, 2018
tundeayo2020:
wrong!
WAEC conducts WASSCE sir.
knowledge is not easy at all

so hu conducts ssce??
Re: Governor Shettima Awards Scholarship To Galadima Isreal, Highest In JAMB Scorer by tundeayo2020: 10:17pm On Aug 07, 2018
classicfrank4u:
so hu conducts ssce??
that was it's former name in Nigeria, but now it is officially called WASSCE.
just like people often refer to UTME as Jamb, so also do people call WAEC's WASSCE as SSCE.
Re: Governor Shettima Awards Scholarship To Galadima Isreal, Highest In JAMB Scorer by qanda: 10:21pm On Aug 07, 2018
OK
Re: Governor Shettima Awards Scholarship To Galadima Isreal, Highest In JAMB Scorer by Ugosample(m): 10:28pm On Aug 07, 2018
Bobby4090:
Covenant University again? I used to have the impression that these private Universities are for rich folks who couldn't make the cut off for schools like Unilag or OAU. I never knew brainy folks like this could choose them as First Choice.

You better discard that impression

Covenant is now among the best 10 universities in this country

Their products are really representing them well.

And I daresay that it's a better school than 90% of the public schools in Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Governor Shettima Awards Scholarship To Galadima Isreal, Highest In JAMB Scorer by DCONE1(m): 10:31pm On Aug 07, 2018
If it was Igbo now everyone will not hear word with Igbo Amaka

.Anyway let's celebrate the chap
Borno Amaka

11 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Governor Shettima Awards Scholarship To Galadima Isreal, Highest In JAMB Scorer by somegirl1: 10:33pm On Aug 07, 2018
Donald95:
Terrorists department of Nigeria has finally decided to embrace education.

Toonu Chineke anyị

Gov. Kashim Shettima on Tuesday honoured Galadima Isreal , the Nigeria's 2018 highest score JAMB candidate........

2 Likes

Re: Governor Shettima Awards Scholarship To Galadima Isreal, Highest In JAMB Scorer by classicfrank4u(m): 10:36pm On Aug 07, 2018
tundeayo2020:
that was it's former name in Nigeria, but now it is officially called WASSCE.
just like people often refer to UTME as Jamb, so also do people call WAEC's WASSCE as SSCE.

just dsame way u hv been callinq "Nepa" despite it beinq an old name
Re: Governor Shettima Awards Scholarship To Galadima Isreal, Highest In JAMB Scorer by SpoiltVirgin: 10:41pm On Aug 07, 2018
HigherEd:

You are funny. There are numerous folks in CU with over 300 in utme(especially engineering) Covenant is now a top destination for some of the brainiest kids from schools like Presco, Ambassadors college, Loyola, Faith Academy.. CU, abuad, babcock are viable options for parents who don't want to travel their kids out.
these are the people that allow us that scored 255 not to get admission in first batch, even for MIS. CU is very competitive because of the limited space.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Governor Shettima Awards Scholarship To Galadima Isreal, Highest In JAMB Scorer by Tunagee(m): 10:45pm On Aug 07, 2018
But why covenant university? Are there no better schools again
Re: Governor Shettima Awards Scholarship To Galadima Isreal, Highest In JAMB Scorer by Asour: 10:46pm On Aug 07, 2018
Bobby4090:
Nice. Hopefully, your impression has been corrected now.

P.s. I am not a Covenant University alumnus. But I have never doubted that great things can come from anywhere.

1 Like

Re: Governor Shettima Awards Scholarship To Galadima Isreal, Highest In JAMB Scorer by chiizworld(f): 10:57pm On Aug 07, 2018
Hardwork pays
Oluwa bless our hustle

Pls frnds check my profile chiizworld for collection of wristwatches for both sexes and ladies handbags...All at best prices
Re: Governor Shettima Awards Scholarship To Galadima Isreal, Highest In JAMB Scorer by sinola(m): 11:01pm On Aug 07, 2018
ChangeIsCostant:
Gov. Kashim Shettima on Tuesday honoured Galadima Isreal, the Nigeria's 2018 highest score JAMB candidate with full scholarship to study Electrical Engineering at Covenant University in Ogun state. Israel Galadima from Borno State came first in JAMB with a score of 364.

Impressed by Zakari's performance, Gov. Shettima invited Zakari and his mother, Jummai Galadima, where he honoured him with N5m full scholarship to study Electrical Engineering at Covenant University, Ota, Ogun State under the Borno State Ministry of Higher Education.

At the council chambers of the Borno State Government House, the Governor thanked them for honouring his invitation, reiterating how proud of him he is.

"It is my honour of Meeting the JAMB King Galadima Israel, an indigene of Borno who scored highest in the 2018 tertiary matriculation examination in Nigeria.

"We are mightily proud of this young man, an orphan raised by a single mother by coming first nationwide after scoring 364 in the 2018 JAMB examination. We must identify with our son of Boko Haram ravaged Borno who defiled against all odds and became victorious”. he said.

Shettima urged all to be generous and support one another devoid of religious or tribal diffrences.

The Governor said since he will be completing his tenure in 2019, he prefers to approve payment upfront in order to ensure that Isreal, who made nine distinctions after taking this year’s West African Examination Council's (WAEC) papers, does not have to follow-up on any tuition at the State scholarship board.

"Israel, as his mother has told us, was raised as an orphan. The mother lost her husband who was a Major in the Nigerian Army about 14 years ago and she singlehandedly raised three children.

"Israel is the second of her children. She works in Lagos as a Banker, we don't have to make her travel all the way to Maiduguri again to pursue any payment.

She has done her part by raising a child with excellence, and that child has made Borno State very proud. It's our turn to support him.

"I will suggest that the mother pays all the fees upfront to avoid any tuition increase in future. I am particular about Israel because he was raised as an orphan" Shettima said.

Earlier in her remarks, Mrs. Jummai Galadima, the mother, thanked Governor Kashim Shettima for the support for her son.

Source; https://www.nationalhelm.co/2018/08/gov-shettima-meets-israel-galadima-approves-n5million-university-scholarship.html
Atleast,for once,let something good come out of North East of Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Governor Shettima Awards Scholarship To Galadima Isreal, Highest In JAMB Scorer by potoX: 11:13pm On Aug 07, 2018
Donald95:
Weldone mr governor let's encourage Alamajiri Hausa /Fulani to embrace education. it will go a long way in reducing violence in Nigeria

Ibo boy we all know say de tin pain you. Abokis are naturally more gifted than you flat heads, or why do you think they run the country while you wail on the Internet?

2 Likes

Re: Governor Shettima Awards Scholarship To Galadima Isreal, Highest In JAMB Scorer by potoX: 11:17pm On Aug 07, 2018
Donald95:
Terrorists department of Nigeria has finally decided to embrace education.

Toonu Chineke anyị
Ibo boy what was your JAMB score when you wrote it? I bet it was less than 200. Heheheheh
Re: Governor Shettima Awards Scholarship To Galadima Isreal, Highest In JAMB Scorer by deebrain(m): 11:29pm On Aug 07, 2018
Donald95:

Re: Governor Shettima Awards Scholarship To Galadima Isreal, Highest In JAMB Scorer by stat(m): 11:31pm On Aug 07, 2018
Government sending a student ON A SCHOLARSHIP to a private university leaving out the public certificate factory like OAU and UI... IT HAS FINISHED

1 Like

Re: Governor Shettima Awards Scholarship To Galadima Isreal, Highest In JAMB Scorer by TruthinAction: 11:32pm On Aug 07, 2018
Was it his first attempt? His pix doesn't look like he just finished his secondary school. In our days, most students get such marks in the second attempt after going through extra mural lessons.
Re: Governor Shettima Awards Scholarship To Galadima Isreal, Highest In JAMB Scorer by okotope: 11:33pm On Aug 07, 2018
How can he be called an orphan, yet he was raised by his mother....An orphan is someone who has lost both parents...

3 Likes

Re: Governor Shettima Awards Scholarship To Galadima Isreal, Highest In JAMB Scorer by EnkayDezign: 11:33pm On Aug 07, 2018
Donald95:

Oga just say Hausa/fulani and we get your point. A typical southerner will always jump at the opportunity to use derogatory names for northerners. Very shameful

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Governor Shettima Awards Scholarship To Galadima Isreal, Highest In JAMB Scorer by sexiestharam(f): 11:35pm On Aug 07, 2018
Congrats to the young lad. But something confuse me for the story. The boy get mama wey still dey alive but una dey call am Orphan. Na wa ooo

1 Like

Re: Governor Shettima Awards Scholarship To Galadima Isreal, Highest In JAMB Scorer by Nobody: 11:40pm On Aug 07, 2018
Reader530:

You are not smart. He is a Christian. His name is Israel. Muslims hate to hear that name. That's by the way, apart from Kanuri, we have Marghi, Burah, Ngoshe, Matakam with significant number of Christians. Christians in Borno State are upto 20%. Among all the tribes in Nigeria, Kanuri man hardly accept Christianity, but thank God for Kanuri Christian Project that translated Jesus of Nazareth film in Kanuri; we have about 2,000 Kanuri converts in Borno/Yobe states.
Note: We have real Hausa Christian indegenes
in Kano, Katsina, Kebbi and a very few in Sokoto States.

Man take it easy.Dont be this bigot.
Every one knows there are xtians in Borno.That tells you and even kills the notion some people have that Islam does not allow free practicing of religion.See,do you know there are Arab xtians?So if we have hausa xtians,you should not be surprised.
Borno is composed of not only kanuri n babur but other tribes.The fact is they are northerners and they are all related.
If Prophet Mohammad (saw) can have a xtian wife,that shows you the nobility of Islam.
Re: Governor Shettima Awards Scholarship To Galadima Isreal, Highest In JAMB Scorer by Saladin25(m): 11:53pm On Aug 07, 2018
sexiestharam:
Congrats to the young lad. But something confuse me for the story. The boy get mama wey still dey alive but una dey call am Orphan. Na wa ooo
Since his father is no more he is an orphan. An orphan is the person that lost one or both parents to death. They are right in this context.
Re: Governor Shettima Awards Scholarship To Galadima Isreal, Highest In JAMB Scorer by Saladin25(m): 11:58pm On Aug 07, 2018
danjumakolo:

Man take it easy.Dont be this bigot.
Every one knows there are xtians in Borno.That tells you and even kills the notion some people have that Islam does not allow free practicing of religion.See,do you know there are Arab xtians?So if we have hausa xtians,you should not be surprised.
Borno is composed of not only kanuri n babur but other tribes.The fact is they are northerners and they are all related.
If Prophet Mohammad (saw) can have a xtian wife,that shows you the nobility of Islam.
Thanks for schooling the guy. Most of them don't know anything apart from their religion/ethnic group.

2 Likes

Re: Governor Shettima Awards Scholarship To Galadima Isreal, Highest In JAMB Scorer by okotope: 11:58pm On Aug 07, 2018
An orphan has no parents.
Re: Governor Shettima Awards Scholarship To Galadima Isreal, Highest In JAMB Scorer by 9jageekz(m): 12:02am On Aug 08, 2018
Tunagee:
But why covenant university? Are there no better schools again

I pray you outgrow thus mentality. CU is a top notch school. I have people schooling there and I can attest to that.

NB: I'm in a public uni in the west..

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Meet Highest JAMB Scorers In The Last 10 Years / UNN Lecturer, Professor Mfonobong David Udoudom Caught Pants Down In GS Building / Girl Blames ASUU For Masturbating All The Time, Begs Them To Call Off Strike

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.