Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,068 members, 7,818,182 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:44 AM

Bukola Saraki's World Press Conference - Live Updates - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Bukola Saraki's World Press Conference - Live Updates (36933 Views)

Atiku Abubakar World Press Conference (Live Update) / Live Broadcast: Nnamdi Kanu's World Press Broadcast From Jerusalem / Full Speech Of Saraki’s World Press Conference On NASS Invasion By DSS (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Bukola Saraki's World Press Conference - Live Updates by TempleChinedum(m): 1:13pm On Aug 08, 2018
"...with yesterday. His decisive action went a long way towards restoring confidence. It sent a powerful message - that the DSS cannot be recklessly deployed against institutions of our democracy."-Senate President, @bukolasaraki #WorldPressConference

"The path of leadership is not by party, & we must commend it wherever it is found. Mr. Acting President did the right thing. However, the damage control so far does not address the question of how this atrocity happened in the first place."-SP, @bukolasaraki

"This is an incident concerning which we have on good authority, has been in the planning for months, & yet it was allowed to happen. How is it that such an atrocity was not prevented? How is it that the masterminds were not deterred?"-SP, @bukolasaraki
#WorldPressConference

"Very serious questions remain that can only be answered by a full investigation. We call for an investigation,& we demand that all perpetrators are brought to book. We owe it to ourselves to ensure that such a situation never occurs again."-SP,@bukolasaraki #WorldPressConference

2 Likes

Re: Bukola Saraki's World Press Conference - Live Updates by redsocks(f): 1:14pm On Aug 08, 2018
Saraki . You are good at whatever it is that you do. Anything worth doing...is worth doing well. Good or bad.

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bukola Saraki's World Press Conference - Live Updates by famology(m): 1:23pm On Aug 08, 2018
Johnnyessence:
it wasn't remove at all. it was passed to the executive arm of government to assent the bill.

It's a waste of time arguing with you.

2 Likes

Re: Bukola Saraki's World Press Conference - Live Updates by betterford: 1:28pm On Aug 08, 2018
BUKOLA SARAKI ALWAYS SMARTER THAN APC 1 MILLION TIMES...

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bukola Saraki's World Press Conference - Live Updates by Sotrue: 1:44pm On Aug 08, 2018
?

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bukola Saraki's World Press Conference - Live Updates by Frankiss44(m): 1:45pm On Aug 08, 2018
Ndonu101:
why did Channels TV go off air?

Nigeria is a very backward country I tell you

That was on purpose .. Channels have been compromised long ago

27 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Bukola Saraki's World Press Conference - Live Updates by dynicks(m): 1:48pm On Aug 08, 2018
bukola saraki hammering it hard on APC nd its cronies....

9 Likes

Re: Bukola Saraki's World Press Conference - Live Updates by oshe11: 1:48pm On Aug 08, 2018
Zombies before PDP overcame the Siege....

Wooow.....
Nice one from APC, Tinubu and Oshobaba. They purposely made sure Buhari was out of the country so as to Impeach Saraki by any means and no one will blame Baba because he wasnt around.....

After PDP became victorious.....

Its obvious the coup was planned by Saraki...
Daura is working for Him

Chaiiiiii

These people Zombeism no get competition ahswear.....

WE ALL NO BABA PLANNED THIS COUP, AND DAURA MIGHT BE THE SACRIFICIAL LAMB.
AFTER ALL THIS IS NOT GONNA BE THE FIRST TIME THE DULLARD IS CALLING THE SHOT, EVEN WHEN OSIBANJO IS "ACTING PRESIDENT"

18 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Bukola Saraki's World Press Conference - Live Updates by olaoreawofele: 1:49pm On Aug 08, 2018
Saraki should enjoy the moment. He should cherish it wholeheartedly. He should hug it tenaciously. Once this moment passes, Saraki will realize he has a big unwashable pool over him. Saraki should ask Atiku, what it is to be collaterally damaged and to have an image of the face of corruption.

TempleChinedum:
@LadiesGistOfficial

Distinguished Senators, Honorable members of the @HouseNGR and gentlemen of the Press are seated in anticipation of the Press Conference by the Senate President, @bukolasaraki.
#WorldPressConference

Watch Video Below:

https://www.facebook.com/bukola.saraki/videos/10156630883819962/

5 Likes

Re: Bukola Saraki's World Press Conference - Live Updates by mamotalk: 1:50pm On Aug 08, 2018
Buhari and cabal now empowered Saraki and company courtesy of their excessiveness. There is limit to everything and we cannot be bigger than the institutions we serve.

1 Like

Re: Bukola Saraki's World Press Conference - Live Updates by Nbote(m): 1:50pm On Aug 08, 2018
Dis is d best NASS Leadership ever...

17 Likes

Re: Bukola Saraki's World Press Conference - Live Updates by Moukandjo: 1:50pm On Aug 08, 2018
You dey call world press conference for wetin una stage? grin Continue to dey fool yourselves!

Dino Melaye, when are you also calling a Universe/galaxy press conference to condemn your kidnap?
Papa Deceiving Pikins (PDP) no go cease to amaze us!
Una final burial na 2019!

11 Likes

Re: Bukola Saraki's World Press Conference - Live Updates by Yomit71(m): 1:50pm On Aug 08, 2018
PaChukwudi44:
Omo Baba Oloye showing them how politics ius played.I hope Tinubu is watching and taking lesson notes cool cool cool
Saraki is greater than Ojukwu and all igbo amala generations

2 Likes

Re: Bukola Saraki's World Press Conference - Live Updates by Nobody: 1:52pm On Aug 08, 2018
Reading.
Re: Bukola Saraki's World Press Conference - Live Updates by SmilingMary(m): 1:53pm On Aug 08, 2018
For crying out loud, how did we get here
Re: Bukola Saraki's World Press Conference - Live Updates by Nobody: 1:54pm On Aug 08, 2018
Buhari is a bastard

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bukola Saraki's World Press Conference - Live Updates by BIGDADDY000(m): 1:55pm On Aug 08, 2018
KUDOS
Re: Bukola Saraki's World Press Conference - Live Updates by Dagaya(m): 1:55pm On Aug 08, 2018
This is just like house of cards.
Frank Underwood is Bukola Saraki.
Ripping APC apart with every move.
This man is just too intelligent.

9 Likes

Re: Bukola Saraki's World Press Conference - Live Updates by anubabab: 1:56pm On Aug 08, 2018
I hope this man won't be arrested for coup deta.. just thinking o. Because u can fight the management but u find it difficult to win
Re: Bukola Saraki's World Press Conference - Live Updates by TempleChinedum(m): 1:57pm On Aug 08, 2018
CONTINUED

"Many agencies have abused their powers and acted outside the ambit of the law on occasion. Where abuses occur, similar actions must be taken immediately and full investigation instituted."-Senate President, @bukolasaraki #WorldPressConference

"I must say that when we fought for Change, we could not have envisaged a scenario such as unfolded yesterday – an atmosphere where people cannot tolerate dissent, or mere differences of opinion as to the future of our dear country."-SP, @bukolasaraki
#WorldPressConference

"This is not the Change we fought for. We did not fight for instruments of state to be used to oppress Nigerians & their lawmakers. I know that I, certainly, did not fight just so the legislature could be undermined & subjected to this onslaught."-Senate President, @bukolasaraki

"There are many lessons to be drawn from the ugly incident we all witnessed yesterday. For one, govt. must ensure that security agencies remain neutral & act in line with the position of the constitution as well as their enabling laws."-SP, @bukolasaraki
#WorldPressConference

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bukola Saraki's World Press Conference - Live Updates by Bizibi(m): 1:57pm On Aug 08, 2018
Johnnyessence:
the executive arm of government should quickly sign the Inec amendment election sequence bill to law.
Re: Bukola Saraki's World Press Conference - Live Updates by TempleChinedum(m): 1:58pm On Aug 08, 2018
"Heads of Agencies should be accountable, and those who step out of line must be held responsible for their actions. Enough with impunity. Enough with the reckless and senseless deployment of militaristic force. Enough."-SP, @bukolasaraki #WorldPressConference

"In this dark cloud, we can see the silver lining,& that silver lining is the commitment of Nigerians to defending their hard-won democracy. I am more than encouraged by the strength, the determination & the resolve of ordinary Nigerians.."-SP, @bukolasaraki #WorldPressConference

"...to see to it that democracy survives and thrives in this country. I am also strengthened by the determination of the media to report and analyse the truth as they see it. I want to reassure Nigerians that, on our part..."-SP, @bukolasaraki #WorldPressConference

"...we remain committed to working for a country governed by the rule of law. Our desire is to have a society where there will be equity and justice, not oppression."- Senate President, @bukolasaraki #WorldPressConference

"We stand committed to doing our utmost as lawmakers to ensure that the responsibility and functionality of governance are met. Although we are on annual break, we are daily reviewing the situation..."-Senate President, @bukolasaraki
#WorldPressConference

"...and are alive to the responsibility to take action as necessary. Unfortunately, yesterday’s shutdown prevented us from meeting with INEC, as scheduled, to address funding concerns. We will continue to look into the matter."-SP, @bukolasaraki
#WorldPressConference
Re: Bukola Saraki's World Press Conference - Live Updates by comos: 1:58pm On Aug 08, 2018
Sotrue:
It just baffles me why channel s tv went off. I never expected this level of unprofessionalism from them. Are they APC members?
The owner of channels Tv, Tony Momoh is an APC member

12 Likes

Re: Bukola Saraki's World Press Conference - Live Updates by TempleChinedum(m): 1:59pm On Aug 08, 2018
"In the spirit of that, we also appeal to Mr. President to sign the 2018 Electoral Act Amendment Bill which has been sent for his assent. I remain confident in the support of my colleagues and their focus on the job at hand..."-SP, @bukolasaraki #WorldPressConference

"...which is to serve the Nigerian people. My confidence is unshaken. I remain committed to the success of the historic 8th National Assembly, and to the continued progress of our country."-Senate President, @bukolasaraki #WorldPressConference

Brought To You By www.ladiesgist.com

3 Likes

Re: Bukola Saraki's World Press Conference - Live Updates by surveyProf(m): 2:00pm On Aug 08, 2018
Iamgrey5:
There was no foreign press present

Saraki was dumbfounded when asked about Apkabio grin

A very partisan press conference

He answered the question intelligently....

7 Likes

Re: Bukola Saraki's World Press Conference - Live Updates by Nobody: 2:00pm On Aug 08, 2018
Moukandjo:
You dey call world press conference for wetin una stage? grin Continue to dey fool yourselves!

Dino Melaye, when are you also calling a Universe/galaxy press conference to condemn your kidnap?

When my friends say Nigerians are dumb I always be arguing

But when I read comments like this ?

Oh well we all can't be intelligent

17 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Bukola Saraki's World Press Conference - Live Updates by mcfestgee: 2:03pm On Aug 08, 2018
Moukandjo:

You just make statement without using your brain or you don't have one.

19 Likes

Re: Bukola Saraki's World Press Conference - Live Updates by Sagay212: 2:03pm On Aug 08, 2018
I wish the mumu Nigerian youths wasting energy supporting and cheering their senators will use that same energy to ask the devilish and bast.ard senators to show them the number of projects carried out in their constituencies. If you cannot hold politicians accountable for simple things as constituency projects, I wonder if the youths are not more useless and foolish than the politicians.

they ignore the most important things and chase shadows, praising politicians over stupid and petty things.

6 Likes

Re: Bukola Saraki's World Press Conference - Live Updates by RexTramadol1: 2:04pm On Aug 08, 2018
Iamgrey5:
There was no foreign press present

Saraki was dumbfounded when asked about Apkabio grin

A very partisan press conference

I can understand you, only an intellectual can understand Saraki's response on Akpabio

Is defection of Akpabio a national issue?

He simply made it clear that anybody has the right to join any party....so its not an issue

Next time try to read in btw the lines, it will help your future comments.

14 Likes

Re: Bukola Saraki's World Press Conference - Live Updates by OmoOshodi(m): 2:05pm On Aug 08, 2018
CowHari

4 Likes

Re: Bukola Saraki's World Press Conference - Live Updates by Nobody: 2:05pm On Aug 08, 2018
Sagay212:
I wish the mumu Nigerian youths wasting energy supporting and cheering their senators will use that same energy to ask the devilish and bast.ard senators to show them the number of projects carried out in their constituencies. If you cannot hold politicians accountable for simple things as constituency projects, I wonder if the youths are not more useless and foolish than the politicians.

they ignore the most important things and chase shadows, praising politicians over stupid and petty things.

Have you asked the president to be accountable?

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Bukola Saraki's World Press Conference - Live Updates by uvalued(m): 2:05pm On Aug 08, 2018
Johnnyessence:
omo babaoloye playing his politics well with wisdom.the fg keep making him popular. pdp power. omo babaoloye is still the senate president till 2019 general election. he has even said that the executive should sign Inec amendment bill.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Fashola Begs Dangote To Take A Picture With Him / Impeachment: No Escape Route For Fayose – APC Elders / Akpabio Opens The Abak River Bridge Constructed By Julius Berger Pictures

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.