Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,753 members, 7,820,607 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 06:04 PM

Full Speech Of Saraki’s World Press Conference On NASS Invasion By DSS - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Full Speech Of Saraki’s World Press Conference On NASS Invasion By DSS (60606 Views)

"I Am Only Answerable To Buhari" - Daura To Osinbajo On NASS Siege / Twitter Is On Fire This Morning Over Police’s Invitation Of Saraki / Photos Of Saraki Meeting With Wike, Ortom And Others In Kwara (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Full Speech Of Saraki’s World Press Conference On NASS Invasion By DSS by comos: 4:23pm On Aug 08, 2018
Buhari, Osibanjo, Oshiomole, Daura, Ahmed Lawal & all the APC exco are the ones that plotted this coup.

Lawal Daura was only made a sacrificial lamb just to save their face.

Osibanjo can not say he is not aware of the plans by APC/DSS to impeached saraki when all the media houses are already aware.

1. Why did osibanjo have to wait till 12 noon before sacking daura,

2. why did Osibanjo did not order the DSS to leave the assembly immediatly as at 6.30 am when pictures where everywhere of how the DSS has blocked entrance to NASS.

3. It was only when the APC coup plotters could not come to NASS because of the tense situation having sense that the coup have failed, then Osibanjo quickly sack Daura just to save the face of the presidency.

4. Daura will surely be compensated later, forget about the fake sack

people should stop absolving Osibanjo he knew about the coup to impeach saraki
Re: Full Speech Of Saraki’s World Press Conference On NASS Invasion By DSS by IkennaDavid1(m): 4:29pm On Aug 08, 2018
clickwtB:
Oniro president of the national assembly!!! grin cheesy
Sen.Akpabio became Minority leader through PDP when leaving he simply and honourably resigned
Why cant u do same!!!
You can hoodwink some with grammar and nollywood tactical scripts but you cant deceive all of us.
Any corrupt politician that Challenges PMB no matter how smooth an operator he is will fall!!!
Division and confusion/disunity wont work!Praising your previously coined MERE COMISSIONER
wont be accepted against his boss.
Only incorruptible/most patriotic Nigerian PMB THE GREAT WE LOVE AND WOULD VOTE FOR HOLD YOUR BIG GRAMMAR/EDUCATION
HOLD YOUR CORRUPT AND CROOKED COALIATION.WE DONT CARE!!!
WE ARE ZOMBIES OF ANTI CORRUPTION WAR&FRONT!!!

He just can't resign like Sen. Akpabio... Sen. Akpabio is the leader of PDP senators and as such following his defection, he had to drop the post.. He cannot be an APC senator and remain leader of PDP senators.. Sen. Bukola Saraki on the other hand is not the senate majority leader ie he is not the leader of APC senators. He is the senate president in charge of all senators, both the ones in APC, PDP, APGA and any other party there is. As such he cannot just resign.

Understand the difference

2 Likes

Re: Full Speech Of Saraki’s World Press Conference On NASS Invasion By DSS by Nobody: 4:30pm On Aug 08, 2018
linearity:

You right! what does Daura get to gain by openly and Nationally confronting his Boss, his own Cousin, the President who is the most powerful man in Nigeria...and siding with Saraki a far away Yoruba politician?

If you say Daura was Saraki’s mole; then we can debate that point, though it is far fetched.....but for him to use the office he was given by his own cousin, the President to openly disgrace him and side with Saraki, is a stretch.

BTW: Moles and Spy by definition and operation use covet means to achieve their objectives and not open confrontations, especially when the one you are fighting against is your own benefactor, cousin and President and the person you are supporting can’t even lift a finger to rescue you, when the chips are down.
at last ,a logical point of view !
Re: Full Speech Of Saraki’s World Press Conference On NASS Invasion By DSS by BRASH: 4:34pm On Aug 08, 2018
seguno2:

Did you go to school at all?
Because if you went to school you would not be asking for his resignation.
Akpabio is a Minority leader because PDP was the minority and since he is no longer in the party after his defection, it is natural for him to resign his position.
Is Saraki president of the APC senators
You should answer that question first and stop embarrassing yourself anyhow.
There are some idiots you should allow to remain in their stupidity. I bet u,he will still argue with you.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Full Speech Of Saraki’s World Press Conference On NASS Invasion By DSS by Nobody: 4:38pm On Aug 08, 2018
BRASH:
There are some idiots you should allow to remain in their stupidity. I bet u,he will still argue with you.

That's y the white culled the word trash....

Show me where constitution said senate president must be apc or pdp or of a particular political stock.

1 Like

Re: Full Speech Of Saraki’s World Press Conference On NASS Invasion By DSS by frankson1(m): 4:43pm On Aug 08, 2018
intruxive:
angry
First comes the staging, then comes the press conference to cry victimization.
Wow, saraki had this well planed
If buhari doesn't jail daura then he should know corruption finally got the best of him

When it happened in 2014/2015 it wasn't "Show of shame" and to think that Senators climbed over the fence and where even attacked with tear-gas.

Please tell him to say something else.
Re: Full Speech Of Saraki’s World Press Conference On NASS Invasion By DSS by poseidon12: 4:46pm On Aug 08, 2018
Well spoken, Senate President. A full independent investigation is necessary. I suspect that the loud mouthed tout Oshiomhole is involved.
Re: Full Speech Of Saraki’s World Press Conference On NASS Invasion By DSS by Nwagboo123: 4:49pm On Aug 08, 2018
evansjeff:
What has happened to Nairaland? Gone are the glory days, it is now the dumping ground for fake and unverified news.

It is only on Nairaland you see tweets of people like Reno and FFK making headlines whereas you watch TV, listen to radio,read newspapers, go to other online mediums and you won't even know those people exist.

Yesterday was the height of it, the front page of Nairaland was littered with tweets from these folks, from the story of APC senators entering into the national assembly from the back door, to them moving to Sheraton, to Oshiomhole's house and then one list from PDP senators undecided all these were only seen on Nairaland and no where else.

Something must be done about this else this platform goes to the dust. Some of your mods are compromised already. What's so difficult in verifying the facts before posting to front page?
what a hypocrisy? when all the lies and propaganda were reported via this platform against Goodluck Jonathan administration where were you? I believe you were enjoining and hailing Nairaland then, but they have suddenly become compromised now because they don't meet your expectations (of supporting all the evils in this government and silencing dissenting voices) I advice you to take your campaign against opposition voices to Opera news, Facebook etc because Reno and FFK views are also shared in those platforms even more than it is in Nairaland. Nonsense!
Re: Full Speech Of Saraki’s World Press Conference On NASS Invasion By DSS by clickwtB(m): 4:49pm On Aug 08, 2018
Thanks for your mature engagement/response,but at the moment he is representing the minorities so he cannot be the Senate president.
He is enjoying something he wouldnt dare attempt during either Obasanjo or even GEJ administration.Please lets be fair and honest.Cheers
IkennaDavid1:

He just can't resign like Sen. Akpabio... Sen. Akpabio is the leader of PDP senators and as such following his defection, he had to drop the post.. He cannot be an APC senator and remain leader of PDP senators.. Sen. Bukola Saraki on the other hand is not the senate majority leader ie he is not the leader of APC senators. He is the senate president in charge of all senators, both the ones in APC, PDP, APGA and any other party there is. As such he cannot just resign.

Understand the difference
Re: Full Speech Of Saraki’s World Press Conference On NASS Invasion By DSS by Timil: 5:10pm On Aug 08, 2018
OboOlora:
This guy is the real jagaban of Naija politics!
He deserves a lap dance...
Sho ma femi?.. fe mi now.

Angel I will be your drake you will be my nicki.. we would love each other forever!!
Re: Full Speech Of Saraki’s World Press Conference On NASS Invasion By DSS by ajl: 5:10pm On Aug 08, 2018
dlondonbadboy:
grin

King SARAKI.

Until he offer you all for sale to highest bidding country.
Re: Full Speech Of Saraki’s World Press Conference On NASS Invasion By DSS by Ekez(m): 5:13pm On Aug 08, 2018
Shut up your dirty mouth
Re: Full Speech Of Saraki’s World Press Conference On NASS Invasion By DSS by salford: 5:15pm On Aug 08, 2018
kc2hansome:
Buhari just have to leave whichever way possible or necessary, He is the worst option there ever can be.
#BackToDaura2019
funny enough. That was one of the reasons GEJ was kicked out - impunity.
Re: Full Speech Of Saraki’s World Press Conference On NASS Invasion By DSS by michoim(m): 5:18pm On Aug 08, 2018
Very stupid speech by a drowning shameless man (Saraki)
Re: Full Speech Of Saraki’s World Press Conference On NASS Invasion By DSS by Maximus85(m): 5:20pm On Aug 08, 2018
Juliusmalema:
Below is Saraki’s full speech:

It is a matter of record that yesterday, lawmakers and staff of the National Assembly were prevented from entering the National Assembly Complex by heavily armed security agents of the Department of State Services (DSS). All entries to the Complex were blocked. The National Assembly, the seat of democracy in Nigeria, was under lockdown. Senators and Members of the House of Representatives were prevented from gaining access.

2. The ensuring standoff was a show of shame that played itself out over several hours in full view of the country. In no circumstances should this have happened. And we as a nation reaped the bitter fruits instantaneously, as evident in media images relayed around the world, images that shame us as a democratic nation. The siege was also an act of cowardice by those seeking to carry out an illegal impeachment of the leadership of the Senate in flagrant disregard of the law. People who seek control at all costs, by whatever means, never minding the injury to democratic norms.

3. I have to say that this is not about me – Abubakar Bukola Saraki as an individual. It is not about Ike Ekweremadu, nor is it about Yakubu Dogara. I am speaking for my colleagues when I say that this is about the soul of Nigeria, what we represent as a country, and our standing in the comity of nations. This is a country where so much is expected of us, so many rungs of the ladder that we are supposed to have ascended as a nation. Instead we are wallowing in impunity and illegal show of force, all of which retard our progress.

4. This is most disheartening. I don’t get any joy in saying: I said so. I don’t. However, some of you may recall that about two years ago, I stated that there was a government within this government, to a purpose that was not in the interest of what the people voted for. I said it then, and now we are beginning to see the manifestations of that government within a government. It beats one’s imagination how the head of an agency could have authorized the brazen assault on the legislature that we saw yesterday. Despite the threat to our lives, we shall continue to fight impunity and injustice in this country.

5. Happily, by the actions that Nigerians took yesterday, they demonstrated our strong resolve as a nation not to give ground to oppression. The legislature, more than any other institution in this country, more than any other arm of government, represents the will of the people. We are elected by the people, and an assault on the legislature is an assault on the people of Nigeria. The forcible shutdown of the legislature was an unconscionable assault on a national institution, and thanks to all your efforts, the aggressors have been put to shame.

6. The resistance mounted by staff of the National Assembly, my colleagues in both chambers and Civil Society Organisations (CSOs) who refused to leave the entrance of this Complex until the siege was broken, strengthens my faith in the people of this country. The rain fell, the sun rose, but Nigerians stood their ground in defence of democracy. With the strength of will demonstrated by everyone against unwarranted and unconstitutional militaristic might, the siege could not stand.

7. By this, we have shown that Nigerians can resist government within government in whatever guise, and this is humbling for me. Those who sought to attack the National Assembly under my leadership for their selfish ends have only affirmed my belief in this country. They attempted to execute an illegal impeachment of the leadership of the Senate without the backing of the law, but they faltered. I am confident that, together, we shall always defeat acts of unconstitutionality. The rule of law shall always prevail.

8. I want to thank Nigerians, Senators, Members of the House of Representatives and National Assembly Staff, for standing up to be counted for democracy during yesterday’s siege. I thank the thousands who monitored the situation on radio, television and social media, voicing their outrage at the siege, thereby sending a clear message to those that hatched the plot that the Nigerian public would not buy this act of gangsterism using instruments of state such as the DSS.

9. I also thank the international community – particularly the European Union – and the international press, for their prompt reactions to the invasion of the National Assembly. CSOs and Socio-cultural groups were emphatic in their statements during the crisis, and we very much appreciate their vigilance.

10. Among the many that come up for special mention, I believe that Honourable Boma Goodhead, a member of the House of Representatives, stands out. She looked a masked security operative in the eye and dared him to shoot. She let it be known that Nigerians would not stand for the barricade at the National Assembly, that we would not be cowed. It was another pointer to what is possible in this country when women take their place in leadership.

11. I applaud all who kicked against the atrocity and who stood firm until sanity prevailed. I am proud of how everyone conducted themselves in what was no doubt a tense standoff. The principled stance and defiant reactions to the ugly incident, proved crucial to the failure of the plot. This is what we have been saying about the power of the people. The role of the people in defending democracy is paramount.

12. I thank the Acting President, Prof. Yemi Osinbajo, for his handling of the situation we were all confronted with yesterday. His decisive action went a long way towards restoring confidence. It sent a powerful message – that the DSS cannot be recklessly deployed against institutions of our democracy. The path of leadership is not by party, and we must commend it wherever it is found. Mr. Acting President did the right thing. However, the damage control so far does not address the question of how this atrocity happened in the first place.

13. This is an incident concerning which we have it on good authority that it has been in the planning for months, and yet it was allowed to happen. How is it that such an atrocity was not prevented? How is it that the masterminds were not deterred? Very serious questions remain that can only be answered by a full investigation. We call for an investigation, and we demand that all perpetrators are brought to book. We owe it to ourselves to ensure that such a situation never occurs again. Many agencies have abused their powers and acted outside the ambit of the law on occasion. Where abuses occur, similar actions must be taken immediately and full investigation instituted.

14. I must say that when we fought for Change, we could not have envisaged a scenario such as unfolded yesterday – an atmosphere where people cannot tolerate dissent, or mere differences of opinion as to the future of our dear country. This is not the Change we fought for. We did not fight for instruments of state to be used to oppress Nigerians and their lawmakers. I know that I, certainly, did not fight just so the legislature could be undermined and subjected to this onslaught.

15. There are many lessons to be drawn from the ugly incident we all witnessed yesterday. For one, government must ensure that security agencies remain neutral and act in line with the position of the constitution as well as their enabling laws. Heads of Agencies should be accountable, and those who step out of line must be held responsible for their actions. Enough with impunity. Enough with the reckless and senseless deployment of militaristic force. Enough.

16. In this dark cloud, we can see the silver lining, and that silver lining is the commitment of Nigerians to defending their hard-won democracy. I am more than encouraged by the strength, the determination and the resolve of ordinary Nigerians to see to it that democracy survives and thrives in this country. I am also strengthened by the determination of the media to report and analyse the truth as they see it.

17. I want to reassure Nigerians that, on our part, we remain committed to working for a country governed by the rule of law. Our desire is to have a society where there will be equity and justice, not oppression. We stand committed to doing our utmost as lawmakers to ensure that the responsibility and functionality of governance are met. Although we are on annual break, we are daily reviewing the situation and are alive to the responsibility to take action as necessary. Unfortunately, yesterday’s shutdown prevented us from meeting with INEC, as scheduled, to address funding concerns. We will continue to look into the matter. In the spirit of that, we also appeal to Mr. President to sign the 2018 Electoral Act Amendment Bill which has been sent for his assent.

18. I remain confident in the support of my colleagues and their focus on the job at hand, which is to serve the Nigerian people. My confidence is unshaken. I remain committed to the success of the historic 8th National Assembly, and to the continued progress of our count.

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2018/08/read-full-speech-of-sarakis-world-press-conference-on-nass-invasion-by-dss/

Hmmmm
Re: Full Speech Of Saraki’s World Press Conference On NASS Invasion By DSS by Heffe: 5:35pm On Aug 08, 2018
geometricaxis:

This is why good people dont go into politics in our country. it seems the masses dont want good people leading them. when you listen to Nigerians and their reaction to recent events, you just shake your head.

APC messed up big time, I smell the hands of Adams. Nonetheless, what moral authority does Saraki have considering the way he became Sp to stand there pontifying and condemning assaults on democracy? And why are we taking sides in the game of illegality?
what happenned yesterday must be condemmed and it is now obvious it was orchestrated by elemnts in the APC however Saraki himself must be condenmed for starting all this in the 1st place.
bro how did saraki started all this? Is it a crime to b senate president? Is he not a senator? Is he not elligible fr d postion? Was d election not free and fair? He is a nigerian and a senator and as such qualified to be SP..i'll rather u blame d president for being so gullible and undermocratic enogh not to work with d leadership of the nass
Re: Full Speech Of Saraki’s World Press Conference On NASS Invasion By DSS by Heffe: 5:42pm On Aug 08, 2018
clickwtB:
Thanks for your mature engagement/response,but at the moment he is representing the minorities so he cannot be the Senate president.
He is enjoying something he wouldnt dare attempt during either Obasanjo or even GEJ administration.Please lets be fair and honest.Cheers
wat do u mean by durin obasanjo administration? Stp celebrating mediocrity brother..Being sp is not a privilege but his right, dont make it seem as if its a favour..obasanjo was currupt and ruled with impunity..tambuwa decamped and did not resign...
Re: Full Speech Of Saraki’s World Press Conference On NASS Invasion By DSS by Ezi1993(f): 5:55pm On Aug 08, 2018
naijaguy123456:
Whoever fall for his sermon need their head examined, with his mole in custody, it won't be long before Saraki himself goes down.
Pls go and Sit down.
Re: Full Speech Of Saraki’s World Press Conference On NASS Invasion By DSS by ebenholer(m): 6:06pm On Aug 08, 2018
intruxive:
angry
First comes the staging, then comes the press conference to cry victimization.
Wow, saraki had this well planed
If buhari doesn't jail daura then he should know corruption finally got the best of him
And u think Daura is answerable to Saraki...your mind need to be erased against bias my brother.
Re: Full Speech Of Saraki’s World Press Conference On NASS Invasion By DSS by ebenholer(m): 6:13pm On Aug 08, 2018
comos:
Buhari, Osibanjo, Oshiomole, Daura, Ahmed Lawal & all the APC exco are the ones that plotted this coup.

Osibanjo can not say he is not aware of the plans by APC/DSS to impeached saraki when all the media houses are already aware.

2. why did Osibanjo did not order the DSS to leave the assembly immediatly as at 6.30 am when pictures where everywhere of how the DSS has blocked entrance to NASS.

3. It was only when the APC coup plotters could not come to NASS because of the tense situation having sense that the coup have failed, then Osibanjo quickly sack Daura just to save the face of the presidency.

From what I can perceive loan being sought after by FG May not be going to inec only but may as well be used by party for electioneering
Re: Full Speech Of Saraki’s World Press Conference On NASS Invasion By DSS by lotex(m): 6:33pm On Aug 08, 2018
seguno2:

Did you go to school at all?
Because if you went to school you would not be asking for his resignation.
Akpabio is a Minority leader because PDP was the minority and since he is no longer in the party after his defection, it is natural for him to resign his position.
Is Saraki president of the APC senators
You should answer that question first and stop embarrassing yourself anyhow.
...I swear.... this shows the kind of people supporting this evil APC... brainless illitrates

1 Like

Re: Full Speech Of Saraki’s World Press Conference On NASS Invasion By DSS by Pchidexy(m): 6:36pm On Aug 08, 2018
Kingjames:
.It is true that Mr Lawal Daura is working for Saraki and co against the presidency. You used Mr Lawal in rejecting EFCC boss Ibrahim Magu almost three times. You staged managed yesterday's DSS siege using same Daura in order to win people's sympathy and to tarnish the image of Buhari's government. Later the presidency fired Mr Daura for lying against them, you automatically become Daura's sympathizers. This is HYPOCRISY! You claimed that there were plans to remove you from the seat, yet PDP senators were the majority in the chamber, Many APC senators were absent. The meeting was mainly for House principal officers, but what we saw yesterday was a gathering of all PDP senators, yet you run to the media to cry? You can only decieve your gullible followers who don't facts check issues before taking side. One thing am happy is that the DSS boss your boy is fired, who used to leak Presidential secret to you rogues in the red Chambers. The second joyous thing when I see the people supporting you, I pity you coz I know very well, you will soon crash. This people never support anyone and he succeeds. Jonathan got their support, at last he was embarrassed and failed. Nnamdi kanu got their supports, at last was embarrassed and failed, Fayose got their supports, at last was embarrassed and failed. All these 3 are their failed heroes!. Now, you are their hero, therefore I look forward to see your own version of embarrassment and failure. This is for sure!!!
Your heart broken! Sorry Sir!
Re: Full Speech Of Saraki’s World Press Conference On NASS Invasion By DSS by sexyanyabubakar(f): 6:38pm On Aug 08, 2018
Juliusmalema:

Buhari and osibanjo are the problems of Nigeria.
Both are frauds.

Re: Full Speech Of Saraki’s World Press Conference On NASS Invasion By DSS by Pchidexy(m): 6:40pm On Aug 08, 2018
OlujobaSamuel:
lol, if na NPF, I'm sure this speech go include Idris abi wetin be that ediot name, but na DSS so no need to mention the criminal Daura.
I'm finding it difficult not to believe that this is all planned out by Saraki or his crew.
Probably not expecting such reaction from the presidency as was the case on similar matters before now.
Afonja! Buhari has consumed your brain. So , sorry bros
Re: Full Speech Of Saraki’s World Press Conference On NASS Invasion By DSS by intruxive(m): 6:52pm On Aug 08, 2018
ebenholer:

And u think Daura is answerable to Saraki...your mind need to be erased against bias my brother.
For the right amount of cash, yep
Re: Full Speech Of Saraki’s World Press Conference On NASS Invasion By DSS by OlujobaSamuel: 7:02pm On Aug 08, 2018
Pchidexy:
Afonja! Buhari has consumed your brain. So , sorry bros
no need to be sorry for me, kindly be sorry for yourself.
I have no time for your pdp/apc fight, I hope and wish the wipe out can start with you defenders of either party crime against the nation.
Re: Full Speech Of Saraki’s World Press Conference On NASS Invasion By DSS by FrenchPeter(m): 7:06pm On Aug 08, 2018
Please young Nigerians should go get their PVC and send these useless being who do not know what they are doing. Please Saraki should tell me the democracy we voted for!!! If APC failed he can't be exempted from the failure. THIS same saraki hijacked a senatorial ticket in 2011 after failing in his presidential ambition then. USELESS PADDLERS
Re: Full Speech Of Saraki’s World Press Conference On NASS Invasion By DSS by IamaNigerianGuy(m): 7:30pm On Aug 08, 2018
adekab01:
Saraki my Saraki... My political god

Choose your gods with more care. Saraki is no Messiah, he is simply a thief bring chased by other thieves.
Re: Full Speech Of Saraki’s World Press Conference On NASS Invasion By DSS by enonche85(m): 7:57pm On Aug 08, 2018
naijaguy123456:
Whoever fall for his sermon need their head examined, with his mole in custody, it won't be long before Saraki himself goes down.

Look at this goat, STFU if u don't have anything reasonable to say. So u believe what the APC said about Saraki Colluding with Daura?.
Re: Full Speech Of Saraki’s World Press Conference On NASS Invasion By DSS by enonche85(m): 8:04pm On Aug 08, 2018
Odingo1:

Continue fooling yourself, go and jail Daura now, if Fulani catch you with this your statement your head will roll for ground, is it today that the impunity stated.

APC just use Daura to do damage control and he will be well settled.

Damage control that is backfiring?
Re: Full Speech Of Saraki’s World Press Conference On NASS Invasion By DSS by citizenY(m): 8:28pm On Aug 08, 2018
comos:

STALE......
Re: Full Speech Of Saraki’s World Press Conference On NASS Invasion By DSS by ashjay001(m): 8:29pm On Aug 08, 2018
tomakint:
@Op kindly rearrange this piece it looks too shoddy and untidy

With all d numbering n d spacing, it still looks jumbled ba? That tells u, it's all bullcrap!

F*ck Saraki!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Buhari To Address The Nation On Monday / President Buhari Attends Wedding Luncheon Of His Son, Yusuf (Photos) / BBC Report On "Imo State Commissioner Of Happiness- Photo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.