Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,615 members, 7,823,682 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 01:15 PM

Top 8 Things You Should Do Immediately You Get A New Android Smartphone - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Top 8 Things You Should Do Immediately You Get A New Android Smartphone (18924 Views)

8 Things To Avoid Posting On Social Media / Top 6 Affordable Bluetooth Accessories You Can Get For Your Android Smartphone / How To Fix Unfortunately System UI Has Stopped On Your Android Smartphone (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Top 8 Things You Should Do Immediately You Get A New Android Smartphone by NaijaTechGuy(m): 2:15am On Aug 09, 2018
Getting a new smartphone gives you butterflies in your stomach especially when you are upgrading to a better smartphone. However there are important things you need to do once you switch to a new smartphone.

[img]http://3.bp..com/-5HXSk4N6Tmo/W2uT6KTqjlI/AAAAAAAANlk/QR0D7FKYuaQCvKq-W_IarmgYhUCx3wNvACLcBGAs/s640/Smartphones-2017.jpg[/img]

#1 Check out the Device

After buying a new smartphone, and before you turn it on, you need to check your device properly. Check what’s inside the box properly and make sure you bought a phone instead of a box of soap and make sure all the accessories are complete and working.

#2 Prepare Your Phone

Try to charge your phone properly first. You are going to use a new device for the next couple of hours, and I'm sure you don’t want your new device dying on you right in the middle of something. It's advisable to do charge the phone full before using.

#3. Clear Your Home screen

By default the home screen of your device is usually filled with some apps and widgets that are placed in their default order as provided by the manufacturer. You can simply remove them and make your homescreen look less congested or you could install a new launcher.

#4 Unwanted Bloatware

Most manufacturers pack some unwanted apps in their new products. These useless apps are just annoying and you will definitely want to remove them. You can remove these apps by just going to app settings and removing or disabling them from the available options.

#5 Setup Your Google Account

If you used an Android phone previously I don't need to emphasize much about this. Without having a Google account, you won’t be able to access Google Play store and other Google services.

#6 Secure Your Device

Most devices come with fingerprint security these days.Make sure you set up some solid security measures to protect your privacy and identity. You can put up a Fingerprint,PIN or pattern lock.

#7 USB Debugging

USB debugging is very important because it helps just in case you ever forget your pattern lock or pin lock then you can reset the password by enabling the USB debugging. You just need a computer and USB cable to reset your old pattern lock with the help of USB debugging.

#8 Photo Backup

.Create a backup with the Google account where you want to store all your data, you have up to 15 GB and you can access it anytime. To create your own data backup, just install Google+ Photos app on your device.

15 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Top 8 Things You Should Do Immediately You Get A New Android Smartphone by NaijaTechGuy(m): 2:17am On Aug 09, 2018
Re: Top 8 Things You Should Do Immediately You Get A New Android Smartphone by SenorFax(m): 3:18am On Aug 09, 2018
9. Loose precious sleep for few days pressing the new phone.

67 Likes

Re: Top 8 Things You Should Do Immediately You Get A New Android Smartphone by mannobi(m): 5:39am On Aug 09, 2018
Educative
Re: Top 8 Things You Should Do Immediately You Get A New Android Smartphone by Bossontop(m): 6:23am On Aug 09, 2018
SenorFax:
9. Loose precious sleep for few days pressing the new phone.
I dey teh you......the excitement no go let pesin sleep.....for morning pesin face go jus be like

[img]https://media1./images/0872d90502401d2260bf8704ae77a2a9/tenor.gif?itemid=3579950[/img]

79 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Top 8 Things You Should Do Immediately You Get A New Android Smartphone by princemillla(m): 7:07am On Aug 09, 2018
NaijaTechGuy:

#7 USB Debugging

USB debugging is very important because it helps just in case you ever forget your pattern lock or pin lock then you can reset the password by enabling the USB debugging. You just need a computer and USB cable to reset your old pattern lock with the help of USB debugging

Be informed that this one died since the birth of android 6.0

The only advisable thing to toggle is oem unlock which plays
Key role in frp bypass

2 Likes

Re: Top 8 Things You Should Do Immediately You Get A New Android Smartphone by NaijaTechGuy(m): 8:10am On Aug 09, 2018
princemillla:

Be informed that this one died since the birth of android 6.0

The only advisable thing to toggle is oem unlock which plays
Key role in frp bypass
FRP usually comes up on a phone that was reset fully though.
Re: Top 8 Things You Should Do Immediately You Get A New Android Smartphone by omocalabar(m): 8:33am On Aug 09, 2018
House pls what can i do? i jus changed my fone panel, and my wifi isnt connecting again....

1 Like

Re: Top 8 Things You Should Do Immediately You Get A New Android Smartphone by MrHighSea: 8:34am On Aug 09, 2018
Learn to pocket it well esp wen u r inside molue or strolling within calabar south by 7pm.

5 Likes

Re: Top 8 Things You Should Do Immediately You Get A New Android Smartphone by TechConsult: 8:35am On Aug 09, 2018
Lovely...enjoying my new note 5

1 Like

Re: Top 8 Things You Should Do Immediately You Get A New Android Smartphone by Yinxies(f): 8:36am On Aug 09, 2018
Brb
Re: Top 8 Things You Should Do Immediately You Get A New Android Smartphone by Nobody: 8:38am On Aug 09, 2018
Bash48716:
is working for all MTN sim | you can only subscribe 1 time in your sim card
u are a bastard. If u channelled this ur scam energy to farming u for don rich

11 Likes

Re: Top 8 Things You Should Do Immediately You Get A New Android Smartphone by olasco18(m): 8:40am On Aug 09, 2018
please what if am receiving messages that my apps av stop working .....such as this app is not respond ing, UI system is not working etc and it's slowing down my phone... cuz I av to wait for some minutes
Re: Top 8 Things You Should Do Immediately You Get A New Android Smartphone by Nobody: 8:42am On Aug 09, 2018
NaijaTechGuy:
Getting a new smartphone gives you butterflies in your stomach especially when you are upgrading to a better smartphone. However there are important things you need to do once you switch to a new smartphone.

[img]http://3.bp..com/-5HXSk4N6Tmo/W2uT6KTqjlI/AAAAAAAANlk/QR0D7FKYuaQCvKq-W_IarmgYhUCx3wNvACLcBGAs/s640/Smartphones-2017.jpg[/img]

#1 Check out the Device

After buying a new smartphone, and before you turn it on, you need to check your device properly. Check what’s inside the box properly and make sure you bought a phone instead of a box of soap and make sure all the accessories are complete and working.

#2 Prepare Your Phone

Try to charge your phone properly first. You are going to use a new device for the next couple of hours, and I'm sure you don’t want your new device dying on you right in the middle of something. It's advisable to do charge the phone full before using.

#3. Clear Your Home screen

By default the home screen of your device is usually filled with some apps and widgets that are placed in their default order as provided by the manufacturer. You can simply remove them and make your homescreen look less congested or you could install a new launcher.

#4 Unwanted Bloatware

Most manufacturers pack some unwanted apps in their new products. These useless apps are just annoying and you will definitely want to remove them. You can remove these apps by just going to app settings and removing or disabling them from the available options.

#5 Setup Your Google Account

If you used an Android phone previously I don't need to emphasize much about this. Without having a Google account, you won’t be able to access Google Play store and other Google services.

#6 Secure Your Device

Most devices come with fingerprint security these days.Make sure you set up some solid security measures to protect your privacy and identity. You can put up a Fingerprint,PIN or pattern lock.

#7 USB Debugging

USB debugging is very important because it helps just in case you ever forget your pattern lock or pin lock then you can reset the password by enabling the USB debugging. You just need a computer and USB cable to reset your old pattern lock with the help of USB debugging.

#8 Photo Backup

.Create a backup with the Google account where you want to store all your data, you have up to 15 GB and you can access it anytime. To create your own data backup, just install Google+ Photos app on your device.
Sire
Leme correct you. USB debugging is actually bad if you don't know what you are doing.i won't advice anyone to turn on USB debugging on their device. Because it give the Android full right to ADB Fastboot into the phone. And flash any custom firmware you want

You can't uninstall bloatware from ur android without root permission.you can disable,but some times then keep popping on the screen.

2 Likes

Re: Top 8 Things You Should Do Immediately You Get A New Android Smartphone by NaijaTechGuy(m): 8:45am On Aug 09, 2018
CHESTER48:
Sire
Lee correct you. USB debugging is actually bad if you don't know what you are doing.i won't advice anyone to turn on USB debugging on their device. Because it give the Android full right to Factbook into the phone. And flash any custom firmware you want

You can't uninstall bloatware from ur android without root permission.you can disable,but some times then keep popping on the screen.

I haven't seen any issue with USB debugging, it just enables you have specific administrative access to the phone from a computer and some bloat wares can be uninstalled, if you can't uninstall it you disable it

1 Like

Re: Top 8 Things You Should Do Immediately You Get A New Android Smartphone by Nobody: 8:45am On Aug 09, 2018
NaijaTechGuy:

FRP usually comes up on a phone that was reset fully though.
not when you flash a custom firmware.frp is trash.besides ADB can disable most things now
Re: Top 8 Things You Should Do Immediately You Get A New Android Smartphone by NaijaTechGuy(m): 8:46am On Aug 09, 2018
omocalabar:
House pls what can i do? i jus changed my fone panel, and my wifi isnt connecting again....

Something might be wrong with the WiFi receptors
Re: Top 8 Things You Should Do Immediately You Get A New Android Smartphone by NaijaTechGuy(m): 8:47am On Aug 09, 2018
olasco18:
please what if am receiving messages that my apps av stop working .....such as this app is not respond ing, UI system is not working etc and it's slowing down my phone... cuz I av to wait for some minutes

If it happens constantly, you need to update your phone or do a factory reset, if that doesn't work try installing a custom rom.
Re: Top 8 Things You Should Do Immediately You Get A New Android Smartphone by HotMario: 8:47am On Aug 09, 2018

Re: Top 8 Things You Should Do Immediately You Get A New Android Smartphone by Nobody: 8:47am On Aug 09, 2018
NaijaTechGuy:

I haven't seen any issue with USB debugging, it just enables you have specific administrative access to the phone from a computer and some bloat wares can be uninstalled, if you can't uninstall it you disable it
on newer models.usb debugging comes with oem unlock..oem unlock gives you access to your bootloader.when u fastboot to your bootloader with USB debugging unlocked,you can unlock it and quickly flash a recovery
Re: Top 8 Things You Should Do Immediately You Get A New Android Smartphone by NaijaTechGuy(m): 8:48am On Aug 09, 2018
CHESTER48:
not when you flash a custom firmware.frp is trash.besides ADB can disable most things now

Sure.. You've made some valid points smiley
Re: Top 8 Things You Should Do Immediately You Get A New Android Smartphone by NaijaTechGuy(m): 8:49am On Aug 09, 2018
CHESTER48:
on newer models.usb debugging comes with oem unlock..oem unlock gives you access to your bootloader.when u fastboot to your bootloader with USB debugging unlocked,you can unlock it and quickly flash a recovery

Hehehe I just learnt something new.. Thanks for this
Re: Top 8 Things You Should Do Immediately You Get A New Android Smartphone by orjikuramo(m): 8:50am On Aug 09, 2018
Joining u bro, if it's Samsung
TechConsult:
Re: Top 8 Things You Should Do Immediately You Get A New Android Smartphone by Nobody: 8:50am On Aug 09, 2018
NaijaTechGuy:

Hehehe I just learnt something new.. Thanks for this
cool smiley
Re: Top 8 Things You Should Do Immediately You Get A New Android Smartphone by omocalabar(m): 8:55am On Aug 09, 2018
NaijaTechGuy:

can it be singled out and replaced? cos the guy that changed it kept my old panel
Re: Top 8 Things You Should Do Immediately You Get A New Android Smartphone by Teeboi56: 8:56am On Aug 09, 2018
TechConsult:
Me too the phone is Good
I mean oshapraprah

1 Like

Re: Top 8 Things You Should Do Immediately You Get A New Android Smartphone by olasco18(m): 8:57am On Aug 09, 2018
NaijaTechGuy:

If it happens constantly, you need to update your phone or do a factory reset, if that doesn't work try installing a custom rom.
it's constantly bro......especially wen I on my Data... some time the phone will even hook
Re: Top 8 Things You Should Do Immediately You Get A New Android Smartphone by omocalabar(m): 8:57am On Aug 09, 2018
NaijaTechGuy:

can it be singled out and replaced? cos the guy that changed it, kept my old panel
Re: Top 8 Things You Should Do Immediately You Get A New Android Smartphone by BlueScholar(m): 9:32am On Aug 09, 2018
MrHighSea:
Learn to pocket it well esp wen u r inside molue or strolling within calabar south by 7pm.

grin grin grin

(1) (2) (Reply)

NIN: Network Operators To Be Enrolment Agents For NIMC, Says ALTON / Internet Outage To Last For 3 Weeks, As Glo 1 Remains Unaffected / CHEAT: Airtel 1GB Data For A Month Browsing At #300

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.