Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,437 members, 7,815,997 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:07 PM

Top 8 Things You Should Do Immediately You Get A New Android Smartphone - Phones (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Top 8 Things You Should Do Immediately You Get A New Android Smartphone (18917 Views)

8 Things To Avoid Posting On Social Media / Top 6 Affordable Bluetooth Accessories You Can Get For Your Android Smartphone / How To Fix Unfortunately System UI Has Stopped On Your Android Smartphone (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Top 8 Things You Should Do Immediately You Get A New Android Smartphone by fruqy(m): 9:35am On Aug 09, 2018
CHESTER48:
Sire
Leme correct you. USB debugging is actually bad if you don't know what you are doing.i won't advice anyone to turn on USB debugging on their device. Because it give the Android full right to ADB Fastboot into the phone. And flash any custom firmware you want

You can't uninstall bloatware from ur android without root permission.you can disable,but some times then keep popping on the screen.

Sire,
Leme correct you. USB Debugging is not a bad idea. I know for once that if you have never connected your device to a computer before, with USB Debugging enabled it does no harm as there is always a popup asking you to grant permission before you can start using it on another computer than yours. I take it you have already granted the permission on your computer.

Yes. Oem unlock is the most important to enable if you're looking to remove the FRP (must not be your device) or maybe you want to unlock the bootloader to flash a custom rom. USB Debugging does no harm in such case.

Also you cannot flash custom rom using the adb command. Unless you're sideloading using recovery which is always enabled regardless of if USB Debugging is enabled or not.

Don't cause confusion and panic.

Advice is you should enable USB Debugging and grant your personal computer rights. There is a lot you can do either this feature than to leave it disabled. I never make such mistakes again. I've had experiences with it. OEM unlock on the other hand is for advanced users alone. Once you unlock your phone's bootloader, you will see a warning on your phone's screen every time you turn it on which can be a turn off for a layman.

Also, don't say you can't remove bloatware without root. You can using adb command and it won't even show in your installed apps as DISABLED. There are softwares for these purposes. With USB Debugging enabled, you can do this and more.
Re: Top 8 Things You Should Do Immediately You Get A New Android Smartphone by NaijaTechGuy(m): 9:45am On Aug 09, 2018
omocalabar:
can it be singled out and replaced? cos the guy that changed it, kept my old panel

I don't really know each phone's build is different. Which phone is that
Re: Top 8 Things You Should Do Immediately You Get A New Android Smartphone by NaijaTechGuy(m): 9:47am On Aug 09, 2018
olasco18:

it's constantly bro......especially wen I on my Data... some time the phone will even hook

It's possibly a Malware, backup your files and flash the phone on a computer.
Re: Top 8 Things You Should Do Immediately You Get A New Android Smartphone by NaijaTechGuy(m): 9:48am On Aug 09, 2018
fruqy:

Sire,
Leme correct you. USB Debugging is not a bad idea. I know for once that if you have never connected your device to a computer before, with USB Debugging enabled it does no harm as there is always a popup asking you to grant permission before you can start using it on another computer than yours. I take it you have already granted the permission on your computer.

Yes. Oem unlock is the most important to enable if you're looking to remove the FRP (must not be your device) or maybe you want to unlock the bootloader to flash a custom rom. USB Debugging does no harm in such case.

Also you cannot flash custom rom using the adb command. Unless you're sideloading using recovery which is always enabled regardless of if USB Debugging is enabled or not.

Advice is you should enable USB Debugging and grant your personal computer rights. There is a lot you can do either this feature than to leave it disabled. I never make such mistakes again. I've had experiences with it. OEM unlock on the other hand is for advanced users alone. Once you unlock your phone's bootloader, you will see a warning on your phone's screen every time you turn it on which can be a turn off for a layman.

Also, don't say you can't remove bloatware without root. You can using adb command and it won't even show in your installed apps as DISABLED. There are softwares for these purposes. With USB Debugging enabled, you can do this and more.

Well said bruv
Re: Top 8 Things You Should Do Immediately You Get A New Android Smartphone by Nobody: 9:53am On Aug 09, 2018
fruqy:

Sire,

hope you know what you're getting yourself into.im a developer.but I guess you are too.so let get straight to the point.

Can you give me the ADB"CD" to unistall root files because I only know root method.

Before you gimme the CD, know that you don't need to trust a pc once you're in fastboot or download mode.
Re: Top 8 Things You Should Do Immediately You Get A New Android Smartphone by omocalabar(m): 9:56am On Aug 09, 2018
NaijaTechGuy:

I don't really know each phone's build is different. Which phone is that
m5 mini
Re: Top 8 Things You Should Do Immediately You Get A New Android Smartphone by lumidey2013(m): 9:57am On Aug 09, 2018
SenorFax:
9. Loose precious sleep for few days pressing the new phone.

you gerrit my brother

Re: Top 8 Things You Should Do Immediately You Get A New Android Smartphone by holluphemydavid(m): 10:14am On Aug 09, 2018
Bossontop:

I dey teh you......the excitement no go let pesin sleep.....for morning pesin face go jus be like

[img]https://media1./images/0872d90502401d2260bf8704ae77a2a9/tenor.gif?itemid=3579950[/img]
u are speaking from experience i guess
Re: Top 8 Things You Should Do Immediately You Get A New Android Smartphone by gr8tone: 10:33am On Aug 09, 2018
princemillla:

Be informed that this one died since the birth of android 6.0

The only advisable thing to toggle is oem unlock which plays
Key role in frp bypass
What's oem unlock? An app?
Re: Top 8 Things You Should Do Immediately You Get A New Android Smartphone by Unclesamo(m): 10:36am On Aug 09, 2018
Always Pocket it well for the fear of the Unknown
Re: Top 8 Things You Should Do Immediately You Get A New Android Smartphone by toastedbread: 11:50am On Aug 09, 2018
other than the USB debugging and bloatware removal, d rest na official setup process
Re: Top 8 Things You Should Do Immediately You Get A New Android Smartphone by fruqy(m): 12:44pm On Aug 09, 2018
CHESTER48:
hope you know what you're getting yourself into.im a developer.but I guess you are too.so let get straight to the point.

Can you give me the ADB"CD" to unistall root files because I only know root method.

Before you gimme the CD, know that you don't need to trust a pc once you're in fastboot or download mode.

Two things you've mentioned are wrong.

1. I said you can disable apps not uninstall them without root. System apps can be disabled using adb command even if you see the DISABLE option greyed out in SETTINGS/APPS on your phone.

2. Enabling USB Debugging doesn't have anything to do with fastboot or download mode. At all

Now let me explain.

When you're in fastboot mode, you cannot flash or wipe any partition except the modem partition, unless if you have OEM unlock enabled. And you need to execute "fastboot OEM unlock" command to unlock the bootloader before you can modify anything. The only partition you can modify is the modem partition even with a locked bootloader.

You say you're a developer and as a developer, you need to know this, if you didn't before, now you do. I don't like arguments.

By the way, Google "Package Disabler ", it's an Android app that works on Samsung devices only for now... And most importantly Google "DEBLOATER". These are tools for you and you need USB Debugging enabled to use the DEBLOATER. Again. No root is needed.

Another thing I should add is there are some apps that don't need root to modify system files, with the proper adb command, you can grant it access so you can use them as root. But if you have root access it's easier as you just click GRANT before the timeout.

I'm here if you have any questions.

ADD: XDA is always there if you need anything.
Re: Top 8 Things You Should Do Immediately You Get A New Android Smartphone by Nobody: 2:16pm On Aug 09, 2018
fruqy:

Two things you've mentioned are wrong.

1. I said you can disable apps not uninstall them without root. System apps can be disabled using adb command even if you see the DISABLE option greyed out in SETTINGS/APPS on your phone.

2. Enabling USB Debugging doesn't have anything to do with fastboot or download mode. At all

Now let me explain.

When you're in fastboot mode, you cannot flash or wipe any partition except the modem partition, unless if you have OEM unlock enabled. And you need to execute "fastboot OEM unlock" command to unlock the bootloader before you can modify anything. The only partition you can modify is the modem partition even with a locked bootloader.

You say you're a developer and as a developer, you need to know this, if you didn't before, now you do. I don't like arguments.

By the way, Google "Package Disabler ", it's an Android app that works on Samsung devices only for now... And most importantly Google "DEBLOATER". These are tools for you and you need USB Debugging enabled to use the DEBLOATER. Again. No root is needed.

Another thing I should add is there are some apps that don't need root to modify system files, with the proper adb command, you can grant it access so you can use them as root. But if you have root access it's easier as you just click GRANT before the timeout.

I'm here if you have any questions.

ADD: XDA is always there if you need anything.
this will be my last quote with you,we are not mates in the phone world.i can clearly see you go to xda and copy and paste.simple question give me the "CD" to run unistall or disable the root file with ADB you are here typing nonsense.better don't quote me again or anywhere I post anything about phone. I only wanted to test you to know if you even know what you're talking about. Mr explainer from running ADB to move apps now to flashing modem.biko it's not an insult but I can't actually talk with you.thanks. Nonsense!!
Re: Top 8 Things You Should Do Immediately You Get A New Android Smartphone by Nobody: 2:21pm On Aug 09, 2018
what I hate in this life is people who knows nothing,and know they don't claiming that they do.how can somebody go and copy things from xda and brings it here to tackle me.can u just imagine.he claimed to have the
Cd ./ADB unistall.Bleep / system/. ADB is already in the cmd so no need for CD. This command may not be adequate but something like ADB pull /priv-app/priv-app /system priv-app priv-app
may be an example
That was what I was expecting something like that. It's me shaa decided to have time for you. When I am even running CD./, Bash./.Ssh already on my iPhone 7 to check some Linux stuffs and this dude is here talking trash.the dude above me. You're not a developer or either are a computer wizard.
Now you get where I belong.havea nice time

Re: Top 8 Things You Should Do Immediately You Get A New Android Smartphone by NaijaTechGuy(m): 3:08pm On Aug 09, 2018
omocalabar:
m5 mini

Gionee?
Re: Top 8 Things You Should Do Immediately You Get A New Android Smartphone by ChinagoChiBoy: 3:09pm On Aug 09, 2018
What about those who buy Nokia Torch?
Honey!!! lets-kwantinue

Re: Top 8 Things You Should Do Immediately You Get A New Android Smartphone by omocalabar(m): 3:21pm On Aug 09, 2018
NaijaTechGuy:

Gionee?
yes sir...can it be singled out and replaced?
Re: Top 8 Things You Should Do Immediately You Get A New Android Smartphone by fruqy(m): 3:47pm On Aug 09, 2018
CHESTER48:
this will be my last quote with you,we are not mates in the phone world.i can clearly see you go to xda and copy and paste.simple question give me the "CD" to run unistall or disable the root file with ADB you are here typing nonsense.better don't quote me again or anywhere I post anything about phone. I only wanted to test you to know if you even know what you're talking about. Mr explainer from running ADB to move apps now to flashing modem.biko it's not an insult but I can't actually talk with you.thanks. Nonsense!!

I can see you lack experience, so I'll just leave you to wallow in your olden days mentality. Yes we are not mates, I shouldn't have quoted you. Such a waste of knowledge it was.
Re: Top 8 Things You Should Do Immediately You Get A New Android Smartphone by fruqy(m): 3:55pm On Aug 09, 2018
CHESTER48:
what I hate in this life is people who knows nothing,and know they don't claiming that they do.how can somebody go and copy things from xda and brings it here to tackle me.can u just imagine.he claimed to have the
Cd ./ADB unistall.Bleep / system/. ADB is already in the cmd so no need for CD. This command may not be adequate but something like ADB pull /priv-app/priv-app /system priv-app priv-app
may be an example
That was what I was expecting something like that. It's me shaa decided to have time for you. When I am even running CD./, Bash./.Ssh already on my iPhone 7 to check some Linux stuffs and this dude is here talking trash.the dude above me. You're not a developer or either are a computer wizard.
Now you get where I belong.havea nice time

Lol. I just have to quote you here again.

You are clearly here to mislead people as you are yourself, a confused fellow. I hope nobody listens to you or what you're typing as it's really showing your traits of being an amateur.

Adb pull and adb push is used to copy from and copy to android phone respectively. But that's something you need to learn too, I guess.

I hope you don't mislead people around you with your upside down knowledge of the adb commands.

XDA is there to learn and to teach people. You can search for HYPAFLY and see my threads on XDA and comments and you'll understand who you're messing with.

I'm not here to brag, just don't mislead people here. That's all.
Re: Top 8 Things You Should Do Immediately You Get A New Android Smartphone by princemillla(m): 4:24pm On Aug 09, 2018
gr8tone:
What's oem unlock? An app?

Check ur setting, check build numbe, tap 5times and go back to setting. You should see development setting.
Enter you will see oem unlocking .

From 6.0 or so.
Re: Top 8 Things You Should Do Immediately You Get A New Android Smartphone by princemillla(m): 4:25pm On Aug 09, 2018
NaijaTechGuy:

FRP usually comes up on a phone that was reset fully though.

You are right bro. There is no single way to bypass security on any android from 6.0 up.

If it's easy, Samsung and iPhone will lose value
Re: Top 8 Things You Should Do Immediately You Get A New Android Smartphone by bravesoul247(m): 4:47pm On Aug 09, 2018
When I got my TECNO K7 back then, omo I no fit sleep o. Na press press I just de press
Re: Top 8 Things You Should Do Immediately You Get A New Android Smartphone by gr8tone: 7:32pm On Aug 09, 2018
princemillla:

Check ur setting, check build numbe, tap 5times and go back to setting. You should see development setting.
Enter you will see oem unlocking .

From 6.0 or so.
Thanks so much but I couldn't locate that on my phone. Version 7.0
Re: Top 8 Things You Should Do Immediately You Get A New Android Smartphone by Nobody: 8:38pm On Aug 09, 2018
gr8tone:
Thanks so much but I couldn't locate that on my phone. Version 7.0

It's only for phones that have locked bootloader. What's the name of your phone? Is it Qualcomm?

Re: Top 8 Things You Should Do Immediately You Get A New Android Smartphone by gr8tone: 10:09pm On Aug 09, 2018
CHESTER48:

It's only for phones that have locked bootloader. What's the name of your phone? Is it Qualcomm?

ok. Leagoo, KIICAA POWER, Android 7.0 Nougat,
Re: Top 8 Things You Should Do Immediately You Get A New Android Smartphone by Abiodunspectre(m): 12:41am On Aug 14, 2018
Good one.
Re: Top 8 Things You Should Do Immediately You Get A New Android Smartphone by Nobody: 4:31am On Aug 14, 2018
Someone should pls help me out...I don't know what could be wrong with my phone, it takes over two days with at least 18 power daily supply to attain 100% charge. At first I thought it was charger, but each time I change d charger for like a day or two it would charge fast after which it will be d same issue. Could it be d charging port?
Re: Top 8 Things You Should Do Immediately You Get A New Android Smartphone by Nobody: 3:16pm On Aug 14, 2018
fruqy:

Sire,

pls wat app can one use to do dis and d process?
Re: Top 8 Things You Should Do Immediately You Get A New Android Smartphone by sKeetz(m): 7:39pm On Aug 14, 2018
I have a brand new iPhone X 64gb for and a Samsung 9+ for sale. Call/whatsapp 09057258682.
Re: Top 8 Things You Should Do Immediately You Get A New Android Smartphone by fruqy(m): 8:33pm On Aug 14, 2018
franciskaine:
pls wat app can one use to do dis and d process?

Google DISABLER and download the app under form,xda-developers,com

Sorry I can't post links.

Pm me for direct link.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Seven Things To Consider Before Buying A Tablet . / Border Closure: Telecom Operators Warn Of Network Disruptions / NIN-SIM: How To Retrieve Your Barred Mobile Phone Numbers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 89
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.