Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,257 members, 7,811,724 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 06:04 PM

NIN-SIM: How To Retrieve Your Barred Mobile Phone Numbers - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / NIN-SIM: How To Retrieve Your Barred Mobile Phone Numbers (18850 Views)

Why SIM Cards Linked With NIN Are Being Barred - NCC / NIN-SIM: MTN Apologises For Barring Customers’ Lines / How To Retrieve Your Lost/damaged Airtel Sim (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

NIN-SIM: How To Retrieve Your Barred Mobile Phone Numbers by Great100000: 9:11pm On Mar 06
The Nigerian Communications Commission has said that the over 40 million telephone lines barred after failing to link to the National Identity Numbers face the risk of being forfeited soon.

The NCC’s Director of Public Affairs, Reuben Mouka, disclosed this on Tuesday while speaking with PUNCH Online in an interview.

According to him, the telephone lines barred by their telecommunication operators have breached the February 28, 2024 deadline issued by the commission mandating telecom customers to link their Subscriber Identity Modules (SIMs) to their NIN.

He said, “If the barred lines are not acted upon in the next 180 days. They won’t be able to receive calls but will only be able to text and make calls. But after the stipulated days, they would be barred from making calls too and theybmight forfeit their lines to their respective service provider within 365 days.”

However to unbar your phone lines, PUNCH Online highlights the processes of the retrieval as explained by the NCC’s Director of Publicity to our correspondent.

1. For subscribers that have not registered for their NIN, get your SIM registered at accredited centres across the country.

2. Then link the NIN with your SIM through channels provided by your service provider.

3. For subscribers with registered NINs, simply visit your service provider centre and present the NIN or link your SIM through channels provided by your service providers.

4. But if you have NIN but it was forgotten, retrieve your NIN conveniently using your mobile phone by dialling *346# to get the number.

5. From the options displayed, select “NIN Retrieval”, by typing in ‘1’, if you are using the same phone number you enrolled with for your NIN.

6. Follow the steps displayed on your screen and provide the required inputs.

7. Note that using this service attracts a N20 fee only (deducted from your phone airtime balance).

8. However, the four Mobile Network Operators in the country have designated certain USSD codes for seamless and quick linkage of your NIN and your SIM cards. They are as follows:

a. For MTN Customers
Dial *785# using the phone number you wish to link, enter your NIN and submit or dial *785*Your NIN# from the phone number you wish to link. The number will be linked to your NIN automatically.

b. For Glo Customers
Simply send “UPDATENIN NIN FirstName and LastName” to 109.

c. For Airtel Customers
Just dial *121*1# now to link.

d. For 9Mobile Customers
Dial *200*8# and follow the prompts on your phone screen.

Source: https://punchng.com/nin-sim-how-to-retrieve-your-barred-mobile-phone-numbers/

12 Likes 6 Shares

Re: NIN-SIM: How To Retrieve Your Barred Mobile Phone Numbers by CBTxFactor: 10:15pm On Mar 06
Nice update

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: NIN-SIM: How To Retrieve Your Barred Mobile Phone Numbers by freetunchi: 10:15pm On Mar 06
Thanks for this

1 Like

Re: NIN-SIM: How To Retrieve Your Barred Mobile Phone Numbers by CBTxFactor: 10:15pm On Mar 06
For ntel subscribers visit https://nin.ntel.com.ng

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: NIN-SIM: How To Retrieve Your Barred Mobile Phone Numbers by justking(m): 10:15pm On Mar 06
Re: NIN-SIM: How To Retrieve Your Barred Mobile Phone Numbers by Godada(m): 10:16pm On Mar 06
Re: NIN-SIM: How To Retrieve Your Barred Mobile Phone Numbers by Zxcvbnmghtr: 10:16pm On Mar 06
Re: NIN-SIM: How To Retrieve Your Barred Mobile Phone Numbers by 12345baba(m): 10:16pm On Mar 06
Ncc ndi ala. Awon wereys

5 Likes

Re: NIN-SIM: How To Retrieve Your Barred Mobile Phone Numbers by Kharol1234: 10:17pm On Mar 06
Make I help my mama run her own
Re: NIN-SIM: How To Retrieve Your Barred Mobile Phone Numbers by nwakibe: 10:19pm On Mar 06
We have been trying all this codes. It's not working. You go to their office to link your NIN

15 Likes

Re: NIN-SIM: How To Retrieve Your Barred Mobile Phone Numbers by ponlear(m): 10:19pm On Mar 06
Thank you for this.

2 agbado for you, then 1 everyone above me

2 Likes

Re: NIN-SIM: How To Retrieve Your Barred Mobile Phone Numbers by DrMuzungu(m): 10:20pm On Mar 06
Incompetent c0cksvckers are running the system... Between the early 2000's and 2015 I registered my MTN number at least 6 times. And while i was staying abroad for a long time, they wanted another registration. Since I could not be there to do it, they disabled my number and later gave it to someone else. Number I was using for almost 15 years!

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: NIN-SIM: How To Retrieve Your Barred Mobile Phone Numbers by INTEGRITYA1(m): 10:23pm On Mar 06
That's beautiful
Re: NIN-SIM: How To Retrieve Your Barred Mobile Phone Numbers by Israel0001: 10:29pm On Mar 06
Mason una do well oh, so what did you say about the person that have his money at hand yet go to the NIN office without been
attend to hun?
Re: NIN-SIM: How To Retrieve Your Barred Mobile Phone Numbers by ikorodureporta: 10:37pm On Mar 06
My number which I have registered since & linked was barred last week àfter I even did a verification and got a notification notice from Glo...

So I took it to their office to complain. They gave me a form to enter my details, and the next thing they said is that i have to get another number...
This is a line linked to all my platforms online and business, inçluding email, whatsapp...etc

I just left quietly before I kill person there... The next time I go there, I go scatter their office... E b like say na dat kyne madness dem need

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: NIN-SIM: How To Retrieve Your Barred Mobile Phone Numbers by Dyfynezz12(m): 10:39pm On Mar 06
Am sure the ppl that put this policy dnt que on the hot son to link their sim to NIN

3 Likes

Re: NIN-SIM: How To Retrieve Your Barred Mobile Phone Numbers by Houseofglam7(f): 10:48pm On Mar 06
🫤
Re: NIN-SIM: How To Retrieve Your Barred Mobile Phone Numbers by Kingrshd3: 10:54pm On Mar 06
We don hear
Re: NIN-SIM: How To Retrieve Your Barred Mobile Phone Numbers by Offpoint1: 11:04pm On Mar 06
G
Re: NIN-SIM: How To Retrieve Your Barred Mobile Phone Numbers by FFIA: 11:09pm On Mar 06
ponlear:
Thank you for this.

2 agbado for you, then 1 everyone above me
me nko?
Re: NIN-SIM: How To Retrieve Your Barred Mobile Phone Numbers by Treasure17(m): 11:14pm On Mar 06
We must sha link something every year. Useless people.
Re: NIN-SIM: How To Retrieve Your Barred Mobile Phone Numbers by MobilityMFR(m): 11:16pm On Mar 06
Sorry but *121*1# for Airtel is telling me something else. Check your facts and stop the deception.

Great100000:

Source: https://punchng.com/nin-sim-how-to-retrieve-your-barred-mobile-phone-numbers/

2 Likes

Re: NIN-SIM: How To Retrieve Your Barred Mobile Phone Numbers by Cmanforall: 11:17pm On Mar 06
Re: NIN-SIM: How To Retrieve Your Barred Mobile Phone Numbers by baralatie(m): 11:46pm On Mar 06
Cmanforall:

Is there no way to retrieve the number online?
Re: NIN-SIM: How To Retrieve Your Barred Mobile Phone Numbers by jubrilELsudan: 11:55pm On Mar 06
9MOBILE IS THE MOST USELESS NETWORK ON THE FACE OF THIS PLANET

ALL THE CHANNELS THEY PROVIDED TO LINK NIN ARE NOT WORKING

EVEN THE USSD CODE DOESN'T WORK

9MOBILE IS A CURSE ONTO MANKIND

4 Likes

Re: NIN-SIM: How To Retrieve Your Barred Mobile Phone Numbers by Jewessgratitud3: 12:25am On Mar 07
jubrilELsudan:

Lol. 😂 I love this your meme ehn grin

1 Like

Re: NIN-SIM: How To Retrieve Your Barred Mobile Phone Numbers by SalamRushdie: 12:40am On Mar 07
Please forfeit my lines ..to hell with NIN

1 Like 1 Share

Re: NIN-SIM: How To Retrieve Your Barred Mobile Phone Numbers by olamieseun(m): 12:45am On Mar 07
Re: NIN-SIM: How To Retrieve Your Barred Mobile Phone Numbers by jojothaiv(m): 12:52am On Mar 07
DrMuzungu:
Incompetent c0cksvckers are running the system... Between the early 2000's and 2015 I registered my MTN number at least 6 times. And while i was staying abroad for a long time, they wanted another registration. Since I could not be there to do it, they disabled my number and later gave it to someone else. Number I was using for almost 15 years!
Re: NIN-SIM: How To Retrieve Your Barred Mobile Phone Numbers by RainMoreDFARMS(f): 1:48am On Mar 07
jubrilELsudan:

imagine a whole 9mobile network is not available in Owode down to Idiroko, Owode Idiroko of all places.
Re: NIN-SIM: How To Retrieve Your Barred Mobile Phone Numbers by Bahamas95(m): 1:55am On Mar 07
What of my 9mobile that ain't got no network at all, how can I link it?

I don't even know if they have any office here on earth, maybe I will have to travel to the moon in search of their office.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Samsung GS3 Vs Nokia Lumia900 / Opting Out From Etisalat's Ring Back Tune / How Are You Preparing For Dec 1 New Data Rates?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.