Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,766 members, 7,820,680 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 07:25 PM

I See This On My Dog Please What Will I Do - Pets - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Pets / I See This On My Dog Please What Will I Do (1843 Views)

Help Me Identify This Beautiful Dog Please! / I Need A Dog Please Guys!!! / What The Breed Of This Dog Please (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I See This On My Dog Please What Will I Do by Donbosco46: 7:38am On Aug 09, 2018
What could this be please friend I need your help

Re: I See This On My Dog Please What Will I Do by frowland(m): 8:06am On Aug 09, 2018
Seems its insect bite (Ants, flea, etc). Nothing much you can do as the dogs system with take care of it.
Re: I See This On My Dog Please What Will I Do by dollytino4real(f): 9:50am On Aug 09, 2018
use oil to rob it first to see if worm will come out to lick it den press it small small.
Re: I See This On My Dog Please What Will I Do by CleverMJ: 10:21am On Aug 09, 2018
It's definitely flea bites! Your pet must be infested by fleas. There are some natural remedies to fight fleas but if the infestation is hard you should think about chemical treatment. Peppermint, basil, wormwood, tansy, garlic, pinewood sawdust are good natural flea repellents. Here are some tips on how to choose a chemical treatment in case of flea infestation. Hope it will come in handy.
Re: I See This On My Dog Please What Will I Do by McMayor(m): 12:47pm On Aug 09, 2018
I have seen this on my pup before too... I was afraid at first but then i had to tell myself the truth. She was infested with fleas and i didnt have time to fight them but immediately i started the fight the marks cleared and she seems more happy. Please take your time to check for fleas also you might need to check the compound / fumigate. Worked for me you might need to consider this too.
Re: I See This On My Dog Please What Will I Do by Donbosco46: 5:51pm On Aug 11, 2018
dollytino4real:
use oil to rob it first to see if worm will come out to lick it den press it small small.
Sister please what kind of oil? I press it and Magoot came out of each pump.
Re: I See This On My Dog Please What Will I Do by dollytino4real(f): 5:55pm On Aug 11, 2018
Donbosco46:

it is red oil, dat worm likes licking oil. Dat worm comes from leaves, it affect human too. Rob the whole body with palm oil and leave it 4 sum minutes
Re: I See This On My Dog Please What Will I Do by Donbosco46: 6:10pm On Aug 11, 2018
dollytino4real:
it is red oil, dat worm likes licking oil. Dat worm comes from leaves, it affect human too. Rob the whole body with palm oil and leave it 4 sum minutes
Thanks honey I will apply that so after some minutes I will wash it away
Re: I See This On My Dog Please What Will I Do by Nobody: 7:08pm On Aug 11, 2018
The female tumbo fly lays her eggs in damp sandy soil contaminated with feces or urine. The larvae hatch in a few days, live in the soil for 1–2 weeks at which point it will need to find a host in order to continue development. The most common method of infestation is direct contact with the soil, whether sitting, standing barefoot or lying down on it. If they burrow into the nose or ear, the worms can cause serious sinus infections and if in the middle ear, can tunnel into the brain causing death. The infections and septic conditions in heavily infested animals or even humans can become so serious as to cause death. This is not a condition to ignore. Expression of the larvae must be done very carefully so as to not burst the larvae, the contents of which will cause sepsis and infections.

Another common method of contamination is the female fly will lay her eggs on damp bedclothes or freshly laundered clothes. Ironing the clothes will kill any fly eggs that may be present. The larvae will burrow into the skin and consume the flesh as a food source. The host will form painful, boil-like lesions that eventually open to drain blood and waste products from the growing larvae. In humans this is known as Myiasis. They live in the host for 8–12 days, at which point they reach the prepupal stage and drop to the ground.

Dogs and cats rest on bare ground. If there are larvae present, they will be attracted to the disturbed ground and come to the surface to burrow into available flesh. Elimination of damp areas, flies, and provision of elevated dry areas for pets to rest on can help prevent some infestation. Use of ivermectin can provide a systemic prevention in pets. This will require a visit to the vet to consult for solutions and treatment.
https://www.tripsavvy.com/avoiding-putzi-fly-infection-1454342

2 Likes

Re: I See This On My Dog Please What Will I Do by Rany4all(m): 7:23pm On Aug 11, 2018
dollytino4real:
No offence intended sis, but the maggot doesn't come out to lick the oil, but to breathe as the oil blocks the pore through which it gets air. And they are maggots (tumbu or bot fly larvae), not worms...and do not come from leaves.
Re: I See This On My Dog Please What Will I Do by Rany4all(m): 7:31pm On Aug 11, 2018
Donbosco46:

Doesn't have to be red oil bro...any oily substance applied properly over the pores (small holes) on the bumps can suffocate the maggots and make them come to the surface to breathe...even petroleum jelly can do the trick, but for me I prefer using penicillin ointment, because it can also prevent infection after expelling the maggots.

1 Like

Re: I See This On My Dog Please What Will I Do by dollytino4real(f): 10:51pm On Aug 11, 2018
Rany4all:
No offence intended sis, but the maggot doesn't come out to lick the oil, but to breathe as the oil blocks the pore through which it gets air. And they are maggots (tumbu or bot fly larvae), not worms...and do not come from leaves.
it is my layman view

1 Like

Re: I See This On My Dog Please What Will I Do by dollytino4real(f): 10:54pm On Aug 11, 2018
Donbosco46:

Thanks honey I will apply that so after some minutes I will wash it away
yes wit warm water or jus dry clean it wit out water

(1) (Reply)

Dog Foods Available For Sale / See What A Naira Lander Found In His Garden And Wishes To Keep As Pet / Wow! Can A Nigerian Dog Do This?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.