Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,815 members, 7,820,876 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 12:15 AM

Google Free Wifi & What It Means To Nigeria Digital Economy - Phones (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Google Free Wifi & What It Means To Nigeria Digital Economy (26183 Views)

Why Nigerians Dont Need Free Wifi - Foreign Businessman (pic/video) / Wifi.. What's The Best Wifi Gadget To Get? / E-naira.. Things You Need To Know About The New Nigeria Digital Currency (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Google Free Wifi & What It Means To Nigeria Digital Economy by Horus(m): 8:22am On Aug 10, 2018

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lsD7OlDJ5zw

Google launches free public WiFi facilities in Nigeria
Re: Google Free Wifi & What It Means To Nigeria Digital Economy by Chibuzoc(m): 8:23am On Aug 10, 2018
Do you trust your computer?

Re: Google Free Wifi & What It Means To Nigeria Digital Economy by Leun: 8:29am On Aug 10, 2018
bluefilm:

Nonsense talk.

Technology is all about moving up, innovating, getting better and faster delivery.

If you can't move up, you stay down or better still, you drop out.

If we were to go by your reasoning, we might as well still be stuck with those era of sending letters through post offices rather than making simple phone calls simply because we don't want the post masters to lose their jobs.

For one you are talking as if Google bringing WiFi to Nigeria is an invention because they added the tag free along with it. When I was a student, I had access to our school WiFi and also in my church too. I'm still finding you rational behind your post, tbh saying if you can't move up you stay down is exactly what dstv has been doing to our broadcasting. Do you know that it was the likes of AT&T and other network providers that revolted against Google. Understand that competition is pivotal for the growth of any industry and so should Google go on a wider spread in the long run will not help our network providers.
Re: Google Free Wifi & What It Means To Nigeria Digital Economy by BedLam: 8:34am On Aug 10, 2018
willian10:

Which network provider are you working for and who paid you to write this crap?
I don't answer kids.
Re: Google Free Wifi & What It Means To Nigeria Digital Economy by Kaycee7(m): 8:55am On Aug 10, 2018
obentenyson:

History has taught us that the western world don't give anything out for free.... The same way they came with the Gospel of Christ, claiming it was for free, then it turned into something else... GOOGLE WIFI isn't free in the state , Why is it here? Question we should be asking ourselves... And that aside, google and facebook especially have being charged several times for selling and giving out people's private datas.. And also storing it to the united states government data file.. Why should one trust anything free from google... Even to be born again isn't free. You will have to sacrifice your old life if you want to live a new life with christ.... Nothing in this life is absolutely free.. There's always a price to pay... Either hidden or visible..... Yes technology has brought us this far, but at the same time, technology will be the downfall of Man... You don't have to agree with me... Good day..
Yeah. Blame your problem on others. Did the westerners force Africans to become religious fanatics? Didn't the westerners bring western education and technology as well? If they've been stealing data before now, then they don't need free Wi-Fi to do it, then your fears over this free Wi-Fi program are kinda redundant.

1 Like

Re: Google Free Wifi & What It Means To Nigeria Digital Economy by webtutorr: 9:53am On Aug 10, 2018
Omooo, on how dem just establish am eehhh, E go help me skyrocket more and blow more faster
Re: Google Free Wifi & What It Means To Nigeria Digital Economy by Nobody: 10:47am On Aug 10, 2018
Until PayPal allows Nigerians to receive money, it's still going to be tough anyways, but we will find a solution.
Re: Google Free Wifi & What It Means To Nigeria Digital Economy by emmyN(m): 11:57am On Aug 10, 2018
Where are the tech savvy guys here? Can using a VPN offer my some protection while using a public WiFi?
Re: Google Free Wifi & What It Means To Nigeria Digital Economy by Jamorezzi: 4:31pm On Aug 10, 2018
This a way United States want to monitor our movement, I don’t like this development.
Re: Google Free Wifi & What It Means To Nigeria Digital Economy by obentenyson(m): 4:42pm On Aug 10, 2018
Kaycee7:
Yeah. Blame your problem on others. Did the westerners force Africans to become religious fanatics? Didn't the westerners bring western education and technology as well? If they've been stealing data before now, then they don't need free Wi-Fi to do it, then your fears over this free Wi-Fi program are kinda redundant.

Always took eager to reply.. You lack Wisdom and Understanding.. Why dont you read and let it digest in your head and mind first before you can reply.... Someone who knows History and is also exposed very well to what's actually going on in the world will get what am saying...
Re: Google Free Wifi & What It Means To Nigeria Digital Economy by Kaycee7(m): 5:42pm On Aug 10, 2018
obentenyson:

Always took eager to reply.. You lack Wisdom and Understanding.. Why dont you read and let it digest in your head and mind first before you can reply.... Someone who knows History and is also exposed very well to what's actually going on in the world will get what am saying...
If you really had wisdom, you would know that you don't know what's actually going on in the world. You only know what you're told is going on in the world. History is written by the victors. We never really get the full story. So don't be feeling omniscient with your knowledge
Re: Google Free Wifi & What It Means To Nigeria Digital Economy by obentenyson(m): 6:34pm On Aug 10, 2018
Kaycee7:
If you really had wisdom, you would know that you don't know what's actually going on in the world. You only know what you're told is going on in the world. History is written by the victors. We never really get the full story. So don't be feeling omniscient with your knowledge

No one is feeling omniscient with anything thing, you are the one feeling inferior here..... Na inferiority complex dey worry you... Anyways... Next time... Try to understand something but commenting.. If you don't, don't comment or reply at all... I don't have time to argue .... Have a nice day feeling inferior...
Re: Google Free Wifi & What It Means To Nigeria Digital Economy by Kaycee7(m): 9:34am On Aug 11, 2018
obentenyson:

No one is feeling omniscient with anything thing, you are the one feeling inferior here..... Na inferiority complex dey worry you... Anyways... Next time... Try to understand something but commenting.. If you don't, don't comment or reply at all... I don't have time to argue .... Have a nice day feeling inferior...
Tagging me inferior won't improve your quality of life, advance your causes (if you have any) or make your point anymore relevant. Take your own advice as well. If you have nothing to contribute, remain silent
Re: Google Free Wifi & What It Means To Nigeria Digital Economy by willian10: 2:42pm On Aug 11, 2018
BedLam:
I don't answer kids.
You’re foolish.
Even if google opens a telecommunication company, offering a cheaper data plan, most users will start using, not only for the cheaper rate, but also for the reputation Google has.
You’re pointless to say Google wants to have access to users data. So easy for them to have access to users data, cos 90% of internet users in Nigeria owns either an android/ uses gmail, unfortunately your stupidity won’t let you realize this, cos the trash u wrote is to gain likes.
Someone like you who struggles to pay $15 for monthly, you’re condemning a new innovation.
Re: Google Free Wifi & What It Means To Nigeria Digital Economy by BedLam: 4:01pm On Aug 11, 2018
willian10:

You’re foolish.
Even if google opens a telecommunication company, offering a cheaper data plan, most users will start using, not only for the cheaper rate, but also for the reputation Google has.
You’re pointless to say Google wants to have access to users data. So easy for them to have access to users data, cos 90% of internet users in Nigeria owns either an android/ uses gmail, unfortunately your stupidity won’t let you realize this, cos the trash u wrote is to gain likes.
Someone like you who struggles to pay $15 for monthly, you’re condemning a new innovation.
Are you done, kiddo?
Re: Google Free Wifi & What It Means To Nigeria Digital Economy by Sjomo08: 11:50am On Aug 13, 2018
Do you live on the mainland? I need a driver for Taxify/Uber, call 08180416961

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Why Your Smartphone Heats Up During Intense Use / E.F. Network To Provide Internet Services In Nigeria / Man Devastated After Purchasing Iphone X With Android Features

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.