Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,074 members, 7,818,211 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:26 AM

Why Do Yoruba Guys Marry Igbo Girls? - Culture (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Why Do Yoruba Guys Marry Igbo Girls? (22370 Views)

Why Do Yoruba Muslims & Hausa-fulani Muslims Not Inter-marry? / Why Do Yoruba Guys Mostly Marry Igbo Girls Than Vice Versa? / Igbo Girls . (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Do Yoruba Guys Marry Igbo Girls? by ketoprofen(m): 7:58pm On Dec 22, 2013
Acidosis: No! But, why do Igbo guys keep running away from their girls?
Answer: the bribe price is too much! Thoughts about their shops/stores in Aba, Onitsha and Alaba won't make them spend as much as 1million naira a yoruba guy spends for the bride price of an Igbo girl (fact).

shut up..almost all Igbo men marry Igbo women.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Do Yoruba Guys Marry Igbo Girls? by NRIPRIEST(m): 3:13am On Dec 23, 2013
Just got married to a stunning damsel from my Idenmili town and she calls me "Nnaa". Gives me goose bumps.

Now,if you must know I'm both emotionally and morally against any marriage involving Igbo and Yoruba. I believe it is more between yoruba guys and Igbo girls and we all know men are the one that go after women not the other way round. So,I wanna ask yoruba guys this; Is anything wrong with your women ? I heard they all have big a.ss like Omotola and Tolu Oniru but I still can't tell why you still fancy the "bearded","muscular" and "materialistic" Igbo women. Yes,leave those ugly Igbo women the mess alone. Face your women because I believe there are a lot of good qualities in them.

I look down on any Igbo woman married to a yoruba man.

I actually prefer the non Igbo in Edo,Delta and Ekoi groups.

3 Likes

Re: Why Do Yoruba Guys Marry Igbo Girls? by Ngokafor(f): 10:27am On Dec 23, 2013
NRI PRIEST: Just got married to a stunning damsel from my Idenmili town and she calls me "Nnaa". Gives me goose bumps.

Now,if you must know I'm both emotionally and morally against any marriage involving Igbo and Yoruba. I believe it is more between yoruba guys and Igbo girls and we all know men are the one that go after women not the other way round. So,I wanna ask yoruba guys this; Is anything wrong with your women ? I heard they all have big a.ss like Omotola and Tolu Oniru but I still can't tell why you still fancy the "bearded","muscular" and "materialistic" Igbo women. Yes,leave those ugly Igbo women the mess alone. Face your women because I believe there are a lot of good qualities in them.

....like seriously why would you look down on an Igbo woman married to a Yoruba man.
..so me as an Anambra lady way won marry one correct yoruba guy should hug a transformer or what..God dey! embarassed undecided lipsrsealed tongue
Re: Why Do Yoruba Guys Marry Igbo Girls? by NRIPRIEST(m): 10:33pm On Dec 23, 2013
Ngokafor:

....like seriously why would you look down on an Igbo woman married to a Yoruba man.
..so me as an Anambra lady way won marry one correct yoruba guy should hug a transformer or what..God dey! embarassed undecided lipsrsealed tongue

Do whatever you like but don't expect me to like it. Look up the divorce rate among the Yoruba. And be ready to welcome illegitimate children very soon. I know what it is; He is nice and has money,right ? And he treats you with so much respect,right ? Have you ever asked him why he didn't marry from the millions of single yoruba women,available ? Do you think yoruba people like you ? Let me spell it clear to you. The sufferings and marginalization of the Igbo in today Nigeria were initiated by the yoruba tribe. Like God told the Israelites,"marry amongst your people to avoid bringing in wicked and ungodly people. Marry a yoruba man and you will bring in snake into the Igbo house. You are a very weak and immoral woman that's why you find love in their hands.
Re: Why Do Yoruba Guys Marry Igbo Girls? by Ngokafor(f): 10:40am On Dec 24, 2013
[quote author=NRI PRIEST]

Do whatever you like but don't expect me to like it. Look up the divorce rate among the Yoruba. And be ready to welcome illegitimate children very soon. I know what it is; He is nice and has money,right ? And he treats you with so much respect,right ? Have you ever asked him why he didn't marry from the millions of single yoruba women,available ? Do you think yoruba people like you ? Let me spell it clear to you. The sufferings and marginalization of the Igbo in today Nigeria were initiated by the yoruba tribe. Like God told the Israelites,"marry amongst your people to avoid bringing in wicked and ungodly people. Marry a yoruba man and you will bring in snake into the Igbo house. You are a very weak and immoral woman that's why you find love in their hands.[/quote

..chai see attack on poor me! cry cry angry embarassed undecided
Re: Why Do Yoruba Guys Marry Igbo Girls? by RedEboe(m): 2:02pm On Dec 24, 2013
Here's inviting all true Igbo sons and daughters to come support this new Igbo television project.

Watch trailer here:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nLt5Y7QoKTc

Don't just stop at watching this trailer,endeavor to support this project with donations,sponsorships and above all,prayers.

LIKE US on Facebook here: http:///1huh7lq VOTE for your Igbo Governor of the year 2013.

Igbo Mmammanu o!

Re: Why Do Yoruba Guys Marry Igbo Girls? by tpia5: 4:31pm On Dec 24, 2013
Re: Why Do Yoruba Guys Marry Igbo Girls? by Ishano: 7:58pm On May 26, 2015
Please don't find my comment offensive but from an experience I personally believe most Yoruba men are more masculine, charming compared to most igbo men, that's just the norm. Then again, some igbo women prefer that 'player' attitude of Yorubas rather than the far too aggravating, family oriented lifestyle. Also Yorubas offers their wives unparalleled freedom to excel along with a flamboyant lifestyle that no other women of other tribes would ever experience. Did I mention that Yorubas are better in bed as well and would gladly spend millions in bride price wit out thinking twice? grin

I have couple igbo chicks I'm chatting with, one in I'm state and the other Enugu. Could end upaying with either soon
Re: Why Do Yoruba Guys Marry Igbo Girls? by Nobody: 9:18pm On May 26, 2015
Ibo girls are more educated and exposed than their guys; they are not as tribalistic as their male counterparts.

So, Ibo guys - wise up and drop your bigotry.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Yoruba Guys Marry Igbo Girls? by Nobody: 9:29pm On May 26, 2015
NRIPRIEST:
Just got married to a stunning damsel from my Idenmili town and she calls me "Nnaa". Gives me goose bumps.

Are you saying Yoruba women have fat back side and Igbo women have beards.

Hello, as a man, would you go for the fat-assed or the bearded one.
Re: Why Do Yoruba Guys Marry Igbo Girls? by iamodenigbo1(m): 9:00am On May 27, 2015
statues symbol
Re: Why Do Yoruba Guys Marry Igbo Girls? by Afrobeau: 4:11pm On Sep 13, 2015
walexy30:

Are you saying Yoruba women have fat back side and Igbo women have beards.

Hello, as a man, would you go for the fat-assed or the bearded one.
He was referring to the insult yoruba women always use to refer to Igbo girls when we all know it's not true. some yoruba girls just say igbo women are bearded to console themselves. I once met a yoruba lady at a store here in the U.S she looked so masculine and had prominent jaws and was cock-eyed too. (People has always told me that I am beautiful. I'm not boasting about it because I didn't create myself the way I am, and I also happen to be Igbo) You know what this lady told me? She said I looked yoruba and that she looked Igbo! can you believe that? The funny thing is that most Igbos I have met look more like me. I bursted out laughing when she said that because it made no sense to me that she assumed Igbo girl SHOULD look less beautiful than yoruba girls to the extent of telling me she was supposed to be Igbo while I should be yoruba. in a lot of cases that I have witnessed, it has been the other way round.
Re: Why Do Yoruba Guys Marry Igbo Girls? by tonychristopher: 4:28pm On Sep 13, 2015
Afrobeau:

He was referring to the insult yoruba women always use to refer to Igbo girls when we all know it's not true. some yoruba girls just say igbo women are bearded to console themselves. I once met a yoruba lady at a store here in the U.S she looked so masculine and had prominent jaws and was cock-eyed too. (People has always told me that I am beautiful. I'm not boasting about it because I didn't create myself the way I am, and I also happen to be Igbo) You know what this lady told me? She said I looked yoruba and that she looked Igbo! can you believe that? The funny thing is that most Igbos I have met look more like me. I bursted out laughing when she said that because it made no sense to me that she assumed Igbo girl SHOULD look less beautiful than yoruba girls to the extent of telling me she was supposed to be Igbo while I should be yoruba. in a lot of cases that I have witnessed, it has been the other way round.

Igbo ladies have been wining all beauty peagents in Nigeria even miss world was once an Igbo lady called oluchi

I think most Yoruba ladies have this omo alata attitude and can be mouthy above all most are not my type. . they are too dark those that manage to be fair either bleached or have Igbo parents

I think their men realised this n making efforts to correct that ...ask coolitempa

3 Likes

Re: Why Do Yoruba Guys Marry Igbo Girls? by tonychristopher: 4:29pm On Sep 13, 2015
walexy30:
Ibo girls are more educated and exposed than their guys; they are not as tribalistic as their male counterparts.

So, Ibo guys - wise up and drop your bigotry.

Why is Yoruba men running. Away from their women

1 Like

Re: Why Do Yoruba Guys Marry Igbo Girls? by coolitempa(f): 6:37pm On Sep 13, 2015
tonychristopher:

Igbo ladies have been wining all beauty peagents in Nigeria even miss world was once an Igbo lady called oluchi

I think most Yoruba ladies have this omo alata attitude and can be mouthy above all most are not my type. . they are too dark those that manage to be fair either bleached or have Igbo parents

I think their men realised this n making efforts to correct that ...ask coolitempa

Awon omo olorikpelebe.......... grin...Yoruba girls rock.... angry

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Yoruba Guys Marry Igbo Girls? by Sunexy(m): 7:25am On Sep 14, 2015
InkedNerd:
It's because we're nice girls grin. I'm not gonna lie, often times I find myself lingering toward Yoruba men as well [not intentionally though]. It just happens. Igbo, don't you like me?!?!? Is it only the Yoruba men that like me? Where are my Igbo men hiding?

Baby, am always here 4u tho..anytym
Re: Why Do Yoruba Guys Marry Igbo Girls? by omoharry(f): 10:03am On Sep 15, 2015
Fiscabally:
Iv seen and knew some well educated yoruba men marrying igbo girls this days.im not against this but i thought there are qualities that attracted this.my brother recently got engaged with an igbo girl and i told 1 of his friends(yoruba) who is'nt aware of it,he was like 'correct,ur bro get sense',i askd him y such comment and he xplains that igbo girls are very dedicated and helpful to their husband financially and does'nt lavish money unnecessary on material things like d Yoruba girls,and he also gave me some other reasons like faithfulness to their relationship and so on.Whats ur view on this,cos it seems i might be going 4 Igbo girls too.
The good qualities in a lady that you seek for, cut across all tribe. you can get the good the bad and the ugly in every tribe.Finding a good wife is by luck irrespective of where she is from.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Yoruba Guys Marry Igbo Girls? by omoharry(f): 10:04am On Sep 15, 2015
indie22:

That's the same way some people will say that igbo women are all about the money, they lack respect and will not be dedicated to you if you dont spend your life savings taking care of them and their siblings, (b4 i get crucified, i'm igbo too)

Tribe has nothing to do with certain qualities a woman might possess, it's more about the woman's personality and upbringing.

True talk my sister.
Re: Why Do Yoruba Guys Marry Igbo Girls? by streetpaddy(m): 2:17pm On Feb 10, 2023
Yahoo boys, have changed the mentally of igbo girls now
Re: Why Do Yoruba Guys Marry Igbo Girls? by leisuretym: 8:25pm On Feb 12, 2023
NRIPRIEST:

Igbo girls are easy to catch, just have money.
No long talk
Re: Why Do Yoruba Guys Marry Igbo Girls? by RedboneSmith(m): 11:13pm On Feb 12, 2023
Because Yoruba men are human beings, and Igbo girls are human beings; and in most cases human beings tend to marry other human beings.

3 Likes

Re: Why Do Yoruba Guys Marry Igbo Girls? by Probz(m): 9:30pm On Feb 13, 2023
oweniwe:
;DTrue talk. A igbo girl born and breed in igbo land cannot marry a Yoruba man. Lai lai shocked

They can. Trust.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Yoruba Guys Marry Igbo Girls? by Nobody: 10:50pm On Feb 13, 2023
pansophist:
Of course, I know. I have always said earlier that what Africans considered independence was a transition of the old method of exploitation (colonialism), to a new, self-sustaining, sophisticated method of permanent subjugation (imperialism). They replace the white colonial faces with black faces, whom they promise all the support and will ignore all their crimes if they continue sustaining all their exploitative structures that were built in the colonial era. So as countries were getting their so-called independence, they were ushered into western imperialistic ecosystems. So they became a member of the UN, and ICC, must use the dollar, imposed educational systems, their corporations coming in to control their resources, (eg Shell and Nigeria oil), and so on. In simple terms, think of how a butcher moves the cows from the farm to the slaughterhouse. In the cow's mind, he is free from the enclosed farm, but the slaughterhouse though modern and shiny with machines is worse than where they were coming from. You see the way the US froze billions of dollars of Afghanistan's foreign reserves, and as they did with Russia as well, that's exactly the fate that awaits any country that tries to pull off their imperialistic eco-system. While we are busy fighting each other like idiots, they are up there designing sophisticated systems to keep others down, and themselves on top. And this world order must go, or else, the global south will never develop. China refused to be part of that system, now look at them. Iran refused and was sanctioned to death, but they still thrive and built their own planes and so forth. Until we leave western dependence and walk our own part, no magic Peter Obi will perform. It's like putting a pilot in a ship, it can't do anything with it. How can the world be democratic when less than 15% of the world population (the west) controls everything? if this is not authoritarianism, then what is authoritarianism? But I always take responsibility, so I won't blame them much, I blame our ancestors for letting this degrade this badly, and makes it harder for current and future generation to solve. The rot is too much.

pansophist:
Josep Borell is a racist piece of shit. Sadly, this scum is a top EU politician, and calling the non-western countries jungle is a reincarnation of the mindset that led to colonialism and slavery pro-max. He still sees the world from a colonial lens, but his arrogance is needed since that's how he can cope in a changing world that is increasingly becoming multi-polar and catching up.

From 1991 to 2022, something that has never happened before in the history of the world happened, that thing is called unipolarism. After the collapse of the soviet union in 1991, China was dirt poor, imperial Japan has been defeated and occupied, the same with nazi Germany, India still recovering from British colonialism, Iran was in deep soup, and Africa was too backward to even be noticed.

The west, especially the US was the largest economy, and the strongest military power holds the world's reserved currency and enjoys an unparalleled political, economical, military, and soft power globally. The US was so strong that when it coughs, the world shivered. And then they showed themselves. Then the global bombing tour started, from Iraq to Syria, Venezuela to Yugoslavia, and Libya to Iran, to name a few.

Meanwhile, the Chinese who have suffered what they called a ''century of humiliation'' was in the background bidding their time, getting stronger, and building themselves up. The Chinese who lost territories the size of Nigeria x4, an empire nation that was torn apart by foreign powers, and saw what awaits you when you are weak, said to themselves, NEVER AGAIN.

Putin was then a KGB agent in Germany, young and smart, but silent and working his way up into the Kremlin. He witnessed how countries that used to be part of Russia have now become sworn enemies of Russia, and he dreamt of a stronger, independent, and sovereign Russia that occupies its rightful place on the international stage.

And February, 24th of 2022 will be remembered as the date when the world becomes clearly multipolar, after thirty years of failed unipolarism. The world has clearly understood the kind of monster the west is, and how they dream of a world where everyone is down, and only them up. Now, the way the international stage is set up, other stronger countries are now a deterrent, and they will never allow themselves to be weak again. NEVER.

It will not happen very fast, but the complete breakdown of western hegemony will happen faster than the time it took to build it. Destruction is faster than building, and destroying evil is even faster, especially when the destroyers are the victims of the very evil. I know the Russia-China alliances are cooking something, I suspect that they have set traps that will render all western imperialistic ecosystems useless.

From my calculations, the more the west throws out a country from its imperialistic systems, an alternative will be invented that will make that system useless. So for example, they threw Russia out of swift, but Russia created SPFS which they used to carry financial transactions between themselves and other countries.

If they threw China out of the UN for example, then a new UN that is fair will be invented, rendering the western controlled system useless. If you refuse to sell your tech, buy our oil, or ban us from visiting your countries (as they did with Russians), you will kill your industry and other regions will benefit financially from your market loss. One thing that kills a monopoly is competition, especially competent competition.

We live in very interesting times. Brace up, shit might get really bad before it gets better. Sha has proper wealth, not fiat money only, which can collapse. Have farmland, a water well, and livestock/poultry, these will keep you alive, not chains, iPhones, and paper money. Your survival is in your hands, not the government. Be vigilant, and use the internet to learn real stuff and how the world works, not just for social media and entertainment.

Re: Why Do Yoruba Guys Marry Igbo Girls? by oweniwe(m): 7:54am On Feb 14, 2023
Probz:

They can. Trust.

You're right. The quoted post was made long ago. My eyes don see plenty now.

Woman no get operating manual

grin

1 Like

Re: Why Do Yoruba Guys Marry Igbo Girls? by udemzeus(m): 3:29pm On Apr 24, 2023
excanny:
Actually i'll say sth thats quite politically incorrect. No proper igbo girl will marry a yourba cock(i mean born and breed in igboland).
Most of the igbo girls who are born in yourbaland(especially Lagos) grow up with some form of inferiority complex. I've personally met quite a number. Usually they speak little or no igbo, are unfamiliar with igbo culture, but fluent in yourba.
So yourba cocks with no game to hook up a yourba chick find these as easier prey. Ofcourse they usually falld to find 'solace' for their inferiority complex(not all though)
So for a yourba cock to marry an igbo girl 2 conditions must be met:
1. The igbo girl is breed in yourbaland, usually speaks yourba, culturally disconnected from her native igbo homeland.
2. The yourba cock has no game to get a yourba girl.
From my findings and interveiws on inter-tribal relationships, its the same reasons why you have more hausa men marrying yourba girls. Many of my hausa friends have yourba wives

Hmmmm agreed you said it all, there is a kind of inferiority complex against their culture, I see that too.

Actually i'll say thats quite politically incorrect.

No proper igbo girl will marry a yourba guy(i mean born and breed in igboland).

Most of the igbo girls who are born in yourbaland (especially Lagos) grow up with some form of inferiority complex.

I've personally met quite a number. Usually they speak little or no igbo, are unfamiliar with igbo culture, but fluent in yourba.

So yoruba guys with no game to hook up a yourba chick find them as easier prey.

Of course they usually fall to find 'solace' for their inferiority complex(not all though)

1. The igbo girl is breed in yourbaland, usually speaks yourba, culturally disconnected from her native igbo homeland.

2. The yoruba guy has no game to get a yourba girl.
From my findings and interveiws on inter-tribal relationships, its the same reasons why you have more hausa men marrying yourba girls.

Many of my hausa friends have yoruba wives
Re: Why Do Yoruba Guys Marry Igbo Girls? by udemzeus(m): 3:38pm On Apr 24, 2023
Actually i'll say thats quite politically incorrect.

No proper igbo girl will marry a yourba guy(i mean born and breed in igboland).

Most of the igbo girls who are born in yourbaland (especially Lagos) grow up with some form of inferiority complex.

I've personally met quite a number. Usually they speak little or no igbo, are unfamiliar with igbo culture, but fluent in yourba.

So yoruba guys with no game to hook up a yourba chick find them as easier prey.

Of course they usually fall to find 'solace' for their inferiority complex(not all though)

2. The yoruba guy has no game to get a yourba girl.
From my findings and interveiws on inter-tribal relationships, its the same reasons why you have more hausa men marrying yourba girls.

Many of my hausa friends have yoruba wives
Re: Why Do Yoruba Guys Marry Igbo Girls? by Itznekky: 2:09pm On Apr 26, 2023
Daalụ nụ ụmụ afọ

If you are interested in learning a lot about igbo language speaking and culture, you can check out this YouTube channel, @
n e c h e s o n i c

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Asaba Traditionalists Curse Those Sending Money From Abroad To Fuel Cult War / Igede, The Untold Story Of A Golden Tribe And Our Aspirations / Birmingham City University Hosts Ooni Of Ife As Ooni Speaks At Chatham House(pix

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 86
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.