Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,385 members, 7,812,135 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 08:50 AM

EFCC Traces Akwa Ibom’s N1.4b To 11 Accounts - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / EFCC Traces Akwa Ibom’s N1.4b To 11 Accounts (19578 Views)

EFCC Traces Atiku’s Laundered Money To Obasanjo Library / EFCC Traces Lawyer’s ‘car Gift’ To Onnoghen / EFCC Traces N500M Properties To Jonah Jang (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: EFCC Traces Akwa Ibom’s N1.4b To 11 Accounts by Awoo88: 3:44pm On Aug 12, 2018
This idiot don start again with media trial. If this case ever gets to court , you will see the same efcc amending charges and sabotaging itself with unpreparedness and incompetency. This news is for BMC and said baba chanters to promote stupid narrative

2 Likes

Re: EFCC Traces Akwa Ibom’s N1.4b To 11 Accounts by chiswaggs: 3:44pm On Aug 12, 2018
Why does Nairaland make you swear to comment on Islamic posts but does not have any requirement to comment on Christian posts? Slowly a revolution will start. All forms of oppression both on and off Nairaland must cease.

2 Likes

Re: EFCC Traces Akwa Ibom’s N1.4b To 11 Accounts by Rilwayne001: 3:46pm On Aug 12, 2018
naijapips04:
APC is a scum. And I thought OBJ was worse?

Crimes committed since 2016 and it took a defection to start probing it?

Shut up. At least they a probing them, unlike your clueless Jonathan who would've turned a blind eye to it.

EFFC should come and probe Kwara government too, I don't see any physical development here other than mass transit buses. The capital of kwara state is less developed to some villages in some states. Terrible.

2 Likes

Re: EFCC Traces Akwa Ibom’s N1.4b To 11 Accounts by psucc(m): 3:49pm On Aug 12, 2018
They've succeeded Akpabio and now will cow Udom to fall. Obj can never go free. He has done Nigerians more evil than good.

3 Likes

Re: EFCC Traces Akwa Ibom’s N1.4b To 11 Accounts by brosruky2000(m): 3:50pm On Aug 12, 2018
HungerBAD:
Posted By: Yusuf Alli, Managing Editor, Northern Operation

•Summons Finance Commissioner, three others •Govt blocks anti-graft agency from grilling officials •Eight top lawyers implicated, SSG signs undertaking to produce suspects

The Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC) has traced about N1.4billion allegedly belonging to the Akwa Ibom State Government to 11 suspected slush accounts.

The cash was remitted into the accounts in two tranches of N1.1billion and N300million,The Nation gathered yesterday.

Some of the accounts belong to eight top lawyers in the country.

Sources said yesterday that they might be interrogated soon.

One of the suspected lawyers has made a statement to the EFCC on how he came about the huge transfers into his account from the Akwa Ibom State Government accounts.

The suspect, according to sources, told detectives that the deposits were legal fees for 16 cases.

He could not produce documentary evidence of any agreement between his team and the state government.

Detectives were said to be curious that the alleged legal fees were paid into the 11 accounts in cash as against the standard practice of paying with cheque.

It was also gathered that one of the accounts which was opened on March 16, 2016 had a huge deposit record on March 14, 2016.

The anti-graft agency has already invited four officials of the state government for questioning on the issue.

They are: Commissioner for Finance, Nsikan Linus, the Permanent Secretary and Director of Finance and Accounts in the Ministry of Justice , and an Assistant Chief Accountant in the Accountant-General Office in the state, Mfon Jacobson Udomah.

They have all refused to honour the invitation without any valid reason.

The fact-sheet of the case sighted by The Nation showed that N1.4billion was remitted into the various accounts as follows: N135m; N120m; N100m; N60m; N60m; N65m; N570m; N75m; N75m; N75m; N30m; and N45m.

Investigators said: “There was no document tied to specific payment. The deposit also did not specify what the cash was meant for.

“There was no evidence of any agreement between the state government and the beneficiaries of the N1.4billion. The lead coordinator of the lawyers who benefitted from the cash could not say how much was charged and how much was agreed upon.

“The lead lawyer only said the cash was for 16 cases in various courts across the country but only a case was reflected as having gone from the lower court to the Supreme Court.

“The lead lawyer has made statement without any shred of evidence or document to justify the legal contract.”

The EFCC is insisting that the four officials must report for questioning.

A source familiar with the matter said: “Letters of invitation were written to the Permanent Secretary and Director of Finance and Accounts of the Ministry of Justice of Akwa Ibom State on June 8, 2018 and the Commissioner for Finance and an Assistant Chief Accountant in the Accountant-General Office in the state on July 13, 2018.

“They were to be questioned in Abuja. They all failed to report despite sending reminders to them on July 3 and July 13. We later sent a team to interact with them at the EFCC’s Uyo Zonal office but they refused to meet with our operatives.

“The EFCC’s team from Abuja travelled to Uyo on July 19 and on July 20, our operatives requested to invite the affected state officials. None of them came around.

“The Secretary to the State Government and the Attorney-General and Commissioner for Justice wrote an undertaking in Uyo Zonal Office and Abuja respectively assuring the EFCC that the invited persons would report as requested but they failed to turn up.

“The Attorney-General came to Abuja on July 24, 2018 that he would bring those invited on July 30 but he never did. We are still insisting they must come.”

http://thenationonlineng.net/efcc-traces-akwa-iboms-n1-4b-to-11-accounts/

Propaganda... Make believe... they should just start freezing all the state Government accounts nau.. Gullible people will still believe everything written here.

1 Like

Re: EFCC Traces Akwa Ibom’s N1.4b To 11 Accounts by naijapips04: 3:51pm On Aug 12, 2018
Rilwayne001:

Shut up. At least they a probing them, unlike your clueless Jonathan who would've turned a blind eye to it.

EFFC should come and probe Kwara government too, I don't see any physical development here other than mass transit buses. The capital of kwara state is less developed to some villages in some states. Terrible.

The precedence that is been set would come back to hunt you one day, believe me. It won't always be your man in power.

You are not sincere if you can't see that this is a clear case of witch hunting.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: EFCC Traces Akwa Ibom’s N1.4b To 11 Accounts by ifymadu: 3:53pm On Aug 12, 2018
sarrki:
Pdp are criminals
Our politicians generally are criminals, they all have the same tendency to steal.
Re: EFCC Traces Akwa Ibom’s N1.4b To 11 Accounts by Nobody: 3:53pm On Aug 12, 2018
sarrki:
Chai

N some people are telling me the richest state in oil revenue can not complete a project in 3 years

Akpabio tried

You can see the drainage system, hospital,roads and stadium among many projects started and completed under him

All Pdp are banking on is tribal and hatred politics

Shame on Pdp and followers
shame on pdp and you are saying akpabio a pdp governor tried

2 Likes

Re: EFCC Traces Akwa Ibom’s N1.4b To 11 Accounts by bigpicture001: 3:55pm On Aug 12, 2018
sarrki:
Pdp are criminals
..nd APC are saints abi?

1 Like

Re: EFCC Traces Akwa Ibom’s N1.4b To 11 Accounts by Rilwayne001: 3:59pm On Aug 12, 2018
naijapips04:

The precedence that is been set would come back to hunt you one day, believe me. It won't always be your man in power.

The precedence being set by Jonathan before it was truncated would have been worse than what's currently going on. Jonathan allowed for stealing, whether you're APC or PDP, you are allowed to still, which was at the detriment of common man. Buhari and his government are no saint. They are worse but not as worse as Jonathan and his cronies. To see a government that can balance things up, whether or not you're in his party will certainly be an herculean task, and hence we are left to chose between the devil and the lesser devil. For now, I stick with witchunting rather than not hunting anything at all. kiss

You are not sincere if you can't see that this is a clear case of witch hunting.

You, my friend, on the other hand, are not sincere with yourself.

2 Likes

Re: EFCC Traces Akwa Ibom’s N1.4b To 11 Accounts by BJ0SE(m): 3:59pm On Aug 12, 2018
AZeD1:
It was also gathered that one of the accounts which was opened on March 16, 2016 had a huge deposit record on March 14, 2016.

How does the above make sense?
Lol

1 Like

Re: EFCC Traces Akwa Ibom’s N1.4b To 11 Accounts by KeVN9: 4:00pm On Aug 12, 2018
sarrki:
Pdp are criminals

You are damn, cursed. Always countering pdp. Can't u b objective for once. You a disgrace to ur lineage. Seriously, wonder wat ur personality tells in real.

BTW, before displaying ur stupidity by attacking, am neither for any of ur nightmared political party. Ode.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: EFCC Traces Akwa Ibom’s N1.4b To 11 Accounts by poseidon12: 4:01pm On Aug 12, 2018
Criminal Magu's EFCC has become the witch-hunt arm of the APC. Nonsense.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: EFCC Traces Akwa Ibom’s N1.4b To 11 Accounts by AngelicBeing: 4:02pm On Aug 12, 2018
AZeD1:

It is called the more you see the less you understand or 49 sitting and 99 standing shocked

2 Likes

Re: EFCC Traces Akwa Ibom’s N1.4b To 11 Accounts by Tareq1105: 4:04pm On Aug 12, 2018
AZeD1:

You should know it was a typographical error.

Wherever and whenever we see something that is not right, we should all condemn it either from Apc or Pdp.

I was against freezing account of a state and it's now I understand why efcc did that.

Despite that, I'm still of the view that efcc shouldn't have done that. However, those officials should go and clear themselves with efcc.

1 Like

Re: EFCC Traces Akwa Ibom’s N1.4b To 11 Accounts by BOLDSTEP00(m): 4:04pm On Aug 12, 2018
hmmm, if to say they settled them, they wil not spread this on social media.
Re: EFCC Traces Akwa Ibom’s N1.4b To 11 Accounts by Bolognese: 4:04pm On Aug 12, 2018
It makes 100% sense...

Remember the deposits were made in cash...

When I went to open my Standard Chartered Bank Account, I was made to deposit the minimum amounts for account opening, in my Domiciliary and Naira Accounts even when I had not been assigned an account Number... My account number was later out in 1 week, but the deposit was made a week before... The date the account number comes out is referred to as the date of account opening!

AZeD1:

Re: EFCC Traces Akwa Ibom’s N1.4b To 11 Accounts by donatusdesmond: 4:08pm On Aug 12, 2018
You saw that because you are not brain-dead
AZeD1:

2 Likes

Re: EFCC Traces Akwa Ibom’s N1.4b To 11 Accounts by budusky05(m): 4:13pm On Aug 12, 2018
Hahnemann:
Ordinary 1.4 billion is what efcc is tracing, what about the 2bn Buhari offered Akwa ibom speaker to defect to APC

Brain washed fella, guess it hypo dey used
Re: EFCC Traces Akwa Ibom’s N1.4b To 11 Accounts by MPESA(m): 4:15pm On Aug 12, 2018
sarrki:
Chai

N some people are telling me the richest state in oil revenue can not complete a project in 3 years

Akpabio tried

You can see the drainage system, hospital,roads and stadium among many projects started and completed under him

All this praises are just because he's no more in PDP, all his previous deeds and sins are washed away by the evil blood of buhari and APC. undecided

1 Like

Re: EFCC Traces Akwa Ibom’s N1.4b To 11 Accounts by Xioxing: 4:16pm On Aug 12, 2018
AZeD1:

I tire oo

1 Like

Re: EFCC Traces Akwa Ibom’s N1.4b To 11 Accounts by luveu: 4:17pm On Aug 12, 2018
How much did buhari paid 20 SAN to defend him for not having waec

1 Like

Re: EFCC Traces Akwa Ibom’s N1.4b To 11 Accounts by shedy03(m): 4:18pm On Aug 12, 2018
sarrki:
Chai

Akpabio tried

Sure Akpabio tried, he did all d projects you mentioned as a PDP gov and not an APC gov. And at the time akpabio was doing those projects, the Federal govt was busy undertaking numerous projects amidst corruption and stealing. At least PDP govt worked and the citizens were not suffering and hungry as much as we are now.
#bringbackPDP.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: EFCC Traces Akwa Ibom’s N1.4b To 11 Accounts by Samanza89: 4:21pm On Aug 12, 2018
I guess all of you spewing rubbish about Akwa Ibom State government without knowing the facts should just shut up. If you don't have an idea of what is going on currently in the country and also not from the state, just shut your trap. We certainly know and no amount of nonsense propaganda will make the current government slip in Akwa Ibom..

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: EFCC Traces Akwa Ibom’s N1.4b To 11 Accounts by edupedia: 4:24pm On Aug 12, 2018
AZeD1:

Ask the Op or the news people...what i know is that PDP can never change, apology or not....
Re: EFCC Traces Akwa Ibom’s N1.4b To 11 Accounts by Nobody: 4:29pm On Aug 12, 2018
otubobo:
They should extend such investigations to Kofi, osun, Oyo, Ogun states
Lagos nko

1 Like

Re: EFCC Traces Akwa Ibom’s N1.4b To 11 Accounts by Alva2018: 4:29pm On Aug 12, 2018
One sided

1 Like

Re: EFCC Traces Akwa Ibom’s N1.4b To 11 Accounts by Ikpongiton: 4:32pm On Aug 12, 2018
adioolayi:
Arrest them all!
PMB in 2019 and beyond, it is crystal clear.... If you want to know how..I will tell you.

The Katsina state bye-election returned over 400,000 votes...that is just one senatorial District out of three!
The returned votes are more than the entire Ekiti State governorship election votes... Meaning, a senatorial district result in Katsina can swallow the total votes of a State like Ekiti..... Buhari is winning 2019, no doubt
in katsina cows and donkeys can vote but in ekiti it"s only adult that vote

1 Like 1 Share

Re: EFCC Traces Akwa Ibom’s N1.4b To 11 Accounts by jchioma: 4:32pm On Aug 12, 2018
escodotman:
No one should be suprised about your comments because you are an APC apologist! It is very typical of you people to celebrate anyone whom you have hitherto referred to as corrupt, thief and called all manner of dirty names once the same person cross over to APC.

The apc has shown that they are more like a devilish cult group.

Once you are with them you are clean but once you leave them they come all out for you.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: EFCC Traces Akwa Ibom’s N1.4b To 11 Accounts by adioolayi(m): 4:36pm On Aug 12, 2018
Ikpongiton:
in katsina cows and donkeys can vote but in ekiti it"s only adult that vote

You better wake from such delusion, so... na cows voted yesterday at that Senatorial district
The North are many, they have PVC and on any election day, they don't stay indoor... elections are serious business for them... So, they ensure they perform their civic duty... not like the South that will get PVC for getting sake, and will not even come out during elections.

1 Like

Re: EFCC Traces Akwa Ibom’s N1.4b To 11 Accounts by Nobody: 4:37pm On Aug 12, 2018
I have never seen a people so stupid, self-destructive and inferior like those ruling Akwa Ibom State.

There is no state in Nigeria where monies of the state are handed over willy-nilly to lawyers who're not from that state. Most states' monies are spread to citizens of the state. But in Akwa Ibom, it seems non-indigenes of the state benefit the most from that states' funds.

The people of Akwa Ibom MUST rise up and stop this anamoly, otherwise, their wealth and welfare will continue to be handed over and stolen by yoruba SANs.

The Ijaws stopped this nonsense. It is time Akwa Ibom stop giving their monies to people from other states, and instead use it to develop the state.

3 Likes

Re: EFCC Traces Akwa Ibom’s N1.4b To 11 Accounts by hector: 4:49pm On Aug 12, 2018
namet:
I have never seen a people so stupid, self-destructive and inferior like those ruling Akwa Ibom State.

There is no state in Nigeria where monies of the state are handed over willy-nilly to lawyers who're not from that state. Most states' monies are spread to citizens of the state. But in Akwa Ibom, it seems non-indigenes of the state benefit the most from that states' funds.

The people of Akwa Ibom MUST rise up and stop this anamoly, otherwise, their wealth and welfare will continue to be handed over and stolen by yoruba SANs.

The Ijaws stopped this nonsense. It is time Akwa Ibom stop giving their monies to people from other states, and instead use it to develop the state.

shut the fxck up and stop spewing trash.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Group Faults Muric’s Position On Appointments Made By Ekitigovernment / Nigerians May Experience Unstable Power Despite Commencement Of New Electricity / Hoodlums Invade Atiku Rally, Supporters Injured

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.