Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,005 members, 7,821,523 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 02:18 PM

Why Freemasonry Is Better Than Any Religion - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Freemasonry Is Better Than Any Religion (2570 Views)

The Origin Of Freemasonry Is North Africa Sex Worship And Human Sacrifice / I Don't Need Any Religion - Wole Soyinka / How Do I Explain To My Parents That I Don't Want To Belong To Any Religion (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Freemasonry Is Better Than Any Religion by lawjjj: 7:16am On Aug 12, 2018
First I will like to correct that impression that Freemasonry is another form of religion, even if some of our ceremonies and doctrines is similar to that of Christianity or esoteric.
We stand for oneness/brotherhood under a God father the ultimate supreme being. This may not be a robust article but I'll share some personal experiences while listing my points, these are the reasons why masonry is far better:
1. Tolerance: I feel like listing this more than ones, no surprise it's my number one, while religious organizations will hate you and label you 'infidel' or 'unbelievers' masonry welcomes all under one home and see everyone as brothers.
2. No rivalry: most religions competes for superiority even within the same religion they still compete for each others members, that shows how selfish these religious leaders are, while masonry don't even solicit for members you have to know one to become one 2b1ask1.
3.No Extortion: religion do this in the name of given to their god or personal sacrifice this cannot be monitored even when we know no god is interested in those things. in masonry every donation is for members and highly monitored.
4. No man worship: I mean this is apparent, religious leaders are feared and worshiped they literally replace their god.

The list goes on, I am tired typing with a mobile device, I will just list the rest:
5. brainwashing
6. lies
7. Bad teachings
I know many will rush in here with their ignorance to defend what they don't understand, but before you rant let me give my lil profile, I was born into Roman Catholic I grew up amongst Muslim my uncle practices Islam as a young adult I joined Pentecostal Christianity, I wasn't satisfied I knew I had to break free from brainwashing if I must know the truth. For 2 years I did research, got involved in occult, Judaism etc.
I found out that of all, Christianity is superior so I came back to the church this time more deeply devoted I got born again and baptized quickly I enrolled in 2 bible schools after graduating I wasn't satisfied even with enough qualifications (most of my peers are pastors with flourishing ministries) while studying the Bible, I saw where Jesus himself nullified religion, obvious in several places in the gospel, that was when my liberation came.
I became a true Christian (by culture) I pulled out of religious activities, then I remembered that the only organization which will tolerate my found faith is the Freemasonry, today am a master Mason rising up the ranks faster. Even these so called Christians will reject me immediately they know I won't attend their services where they teach nonsense, my in-law (a pastor) has done that several time.
you may drop your comments so I can react accordingly if you interested in becoming a mason visit www.freemason.com.ng.
Those who have been sending email, please next time add a brief detail about yourself don't send 'I want to join' but preferably visit the website.
I think about 3 people joined the craft through this platform as a result of a post I shared earlier, pls if you are reading this drop a comment so that others will get first hand information from you as well. Thank you all.
Re: Why Freemasonry Is Better Than Any Religion by Alejoc(m): 7:36am On Aug 12, 2018
We are who we are..... Let us be!
Re: Why Freemasonry Is Better Than Any Religion by lawjjj: 7:42am On Aug 12, 2018
chrisbaxtian:
I don't believe that there's no discrimination in free masonry. The one here on nairaland that goes by the name hungerbad is a hopeless tribalist with inordinate dislike for people of Igbo extraction. I have had the opportunity of speaking with him in real life and I discovered the he hates anything Igbo. The moment I mentioned an Igbo name, his countenance and behavior changed. So, please don't mislead the public. There's bias everywhere, even amongst your members

I wasn't talking about peoples' personal attitudes as a matter of fact I know a couple of ill mannered masons, mostly politicians, of course there must be Judas in every 12 as the saying goes
Re: Why Freemasonry Is Better Than Any Religion by paxonel(m): 7:48am On Aug 12, 2018
Op, the fundamental belief of christianity is Jesus Christ the savior of mankind from sin and death.

What is the fundamental belief of freemasonry?
Re: Why Freemasonry Is Better Than Any Religion by lawjjj: 7:51am On Aug 12, 2018
paxonel:
Op, the fundamental belief of christianity is Jesus Christ the savior of mankind from sin and death.

love and brotherhood

3 Likes

Re: Why Freemasonry Is Better Than Any Religion by chrisbaxtian(m): 7:52am On Aug 12, 2018
lawjjj:

I wasn't talking about peoples' personal attitudes as a matter of fact I know a couple of ill mannered masons, mostly politicians, of course there must be Judas in every 12 as the saying goes

hmmm... that is true

4 Likes

Re: Why Freemasonry Is Better Than Any Religion by paxonel(m): 7:58am On Aug 12, 2018
lawjjj:

love and brotherhood
then love and brotherhood is your religion yes or no?

That's what you believe in.
Re: Why Freemasonry Is Better Than Any Religion by lawjjj: 8:03am On Aug 12, 2018
paxonel:
then love and brotherhood is your religion yes or no?

That's what you believe in.

draw a distinct line between religion and spirituality, I don't believe in the former

2 Likes

Re: Why Freemasonry Is Better Than Any Religion by Nobody: 8:13am On Aug 12, 2018
paxonel:

And wats the point of this fundamental believe, might u, am not a mason.
Re: Why Freemasonry Is Better Than Any Religion by Nobody: 8:17am On Aug 12, 2018
See delusion.

Please don't quote me, on my way to Church.

1 Like

Re: Why Freemasonry Is Better Than Any Religion by paxonel(m): 8:28am On Aug 12, 2018
lawjjj:

draw a distinct line between religion and spirituality, I don't believe in the former
Religion has been defined as the believe in a god or group of gods, but i have come to discover that religion is far beyond that definition.
Religion is simply believing in anything.

Now everyone have the tendency to believe in anything therefore no one is free from religion.

What you believe is right inside your mind and that alone makes a religion to you, but you may not be conscious that it is religion but in the real sense it is actually one.

The bottom-line is, if you believe that it is only the air that is sustaining your life the air therefore becomes your religion.
If you believe in love and nothing else, love therefore becomes your religion.

Spirituality is just that spice you add to your belief whether it is love or air or stone or water or whatever.

In christianity, the spice we add for people to see is speaking in tongues and fervent prayer and being religious. But the actual religion is the believe in Jesus Christ for our salvation
Re: Why Freemasonry Is Better Than Any Religion by lawjjj: 9:13am On Aug 12, 2018
paxonel:
Religion has been defined as the believe in a god or group of gods, but i have come to discover that religion is far beyond that definition.

Now everyone have the tendency to believe in anything therefore no one is free from religion.

What you believe is right inside your mind and that alone makes a religion to you, but you may not be conscious that it is religion but in the real sense it is actually one.

The bottom-line is, if you believe that it is only the air that is sustaining your life the air therefore becomes your religion.

Spirituality is just that spice you add to your belief whether it is love or air or stone or water or whatever.

In christianity, the spice we add for people to see is speaking in tongues and fervent prayer and being religious. But the actual religion is the believe in Jesus Christ for our salvation
if I argue with your opinion we will remained in an unending chit chat, i think if you take a deeper look at this your statement 'In christianity, the spice we add for people to see is speaking in tongues and fervent prayer and being religious. But the actual religion is the believe in Jesus Christ for our salvation' we may come to an understanding, that is where I spot the delusion

1 Like

Re: Why Freemasonry Is Better Than Any Religion by newinsta: 9:51am On Aug 12, 2018
I love this, to FP Asap, I mean it's religious topic and today is Sunday
Re: Why Freemasonry Is Better Than Any Religion by Goddyss(m): 10:03am On Aug 12, 2018
Re: Why Freemasonry Is Better Than Any Religion by paxonel(m): 11:34am On Aug 12, 2018
lawjjj:

if I argue with your opinion we will remained in an unending chit chat, i think if you take a deeper look at this your statement 'In christianity, the spice we add for people to see is speaking in tongues and fervent prayer and being religious. But the actual religion is the believe in Jesus Christ for our salvation' we may come to an understanding, that is where I spot the delusion
call it delusion, the truth still remains that Christians have their points for believing in that
Re: Why Freemasonry Is Better Than Any Religion by lawjjj: 11:58am On Aug 12, 2018
Goddyss:
@Op, during the initiation of a new member, is there any kind of blood covenant to observe or just recital of vow?
Aside spiritual advancement, is there a privilege of networking to boost a neophyte career prospect in lodges?

No blood covenants, yes to your second question
Re: Why Freemasonry Is Better Than Any Religion by Nobody: 3:37pm On Aug 12, 2018
lawjjj:

I became a true Christian (by culture) I pulled out of religious activities, then I remembered that the only organization which will tolerate my found faith is the Freemasonry, today am a master Mason rising up the ranks faster. Even these so called Christians will reject me immediately they know I won't attend their services where they teach nonsense, my in-law (a pastor) has done that several time.

Hello, I have a few questions:

- what guarantees you that in the future you will not also realize that freemasonry is wrong, just as you left Islam for Christianity, then Christianity for Judaism and the occult, then back to pentecostalism and now free masonry?

- you claim to have found the truth. Why not share that truth with the readers instead of sharing the name and location of your organisation?

Are you saying the only way to access this truth is by joining it?

- do you believe the flaws you listed in other religions do not exists in your movement? Let's take for instance rivalry and the many denominations of Christians which you rightfully outlined. Do you imply there is and has been only one free masonry in history?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Freemasonry Is Better Than Any Religion by xproducer: 4:46pm On Aug 12, 2018
"Jesus answered and said to him, “Most assuredly, I say to you, unless one is born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God.” - John 3:3

"He who believes in the Son has everlasting life; and he who does not believe the Son shall not see life, but the wrath of God abides on him.” - John 3:36

"Nor is there salvation in any other, for there is no other name under heaven given among men by which we must be saved.” - Acts 4:12

These things are true... and there is only one truth with regard to the subject in question.

1 Like

Re: Why Freemasonry Is Better Than Any Religion by lawjjj: 7:31pm On Aug 12, 2018
LoJ:

Hello, I have a few questions:

- what guarantees you that in the future you will not also realize that freemasonry is wrong, just as you left Islam for Christianity, then Christianity for Judaism and the occult, then back to pentecostalism and now free masonry?

- you claim to have found the truth. Why not share that truth with the readers instead of sharing the name and location of your organisation?

Are you saying the only way to access this truth is by joining it?

- do you believe the flaws you listed in other religions do not exists in your movement? Let's take for instance rivalry and the many denominations of Christians which you rightfully outlined. Do you imply there is and has been only one free masonry in history?

1. it is never a destination but a journey, no one will ever get that satisfaction, this is clearly written in 2 peter.
2 the truth has been echoed several times in history, many prophets, gurus, and teachers gave illustrations Jesus used several instances and parables, the truth is LOVE.
3. Freemasonry may not be a perfect solution (this depends on you) but it has more consistency in comparison with religious practices

1 Like

Re: Why Freemasonry Is Better Than Any Religion by lawjjj: 7:43pm On Aug 12, 2018
xproducer:
"Jesus answered and said to him, “Most assuredly, I say to you, unless one is born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God.” - John 3:3

"He who believes in the Son has everlasting life; and he who does not believe the Son shall not see life, but the wrath of God abides on him.” - John 3:36

"Nor is there salvation in any other, for there is no other name under heaven given among men by which we must be saved.” - Acts 4:12

These things are true... and there is only one truth with regard to the subject in question.
correct, john 15:14 You are my friends if you do what I command you.
replace, tithe, offering, hate infidels, kill enemies, singing shouting killing with love, mercy, temperance, gentleness, forgiveness, good character kindness this is what Christ wants you to do. ...Be ye doers... read 1 john and James.

2 Likes

Re: Why Freemasonry Is Better Than Any Religion by JuanDeDios: 7:45pm On Aug 12, 2018
lawjjj:

One Judas among 12? You kidding me? Masons are like other people. Nigerian Masons are like other Nigerians. That means Nigerian Masons are different from Masons you will find elsewhere, just like Nigerian Reverend Fathers and pastors are different from clerics elsewhere and can scam you if you don't watch them well.

I think people join secret societies like Freemasonry in a bid to acquire power, to expand their view. I doubt most of them find any power and improve their lives from them anyway.

1 Like

Re: Why Freemasonry Is Better Than Any Religion by DeSepiero(m): 7:48pm On Aug 12, 2018
paxonel:

Religion is religion!!! Religion is what it is; a system of belief in and the worship of god(s). Stop watering it down to mean just belief in anything.
I believe you're not silly. Where's the religion there.

1 Like

Re: Why Freemasonry Is Better Than Any Religion by DeSepiero(m): 7:55pm On Aug 12, 2018
JuanDeDios:

One Judas among 12? You kidding me? Masons are like other people. Nigerian Masons are like other Nigerians. That means Nigerian Masons are different from Masons you will find elsewhere, just like Nigerian Reverend Fathers and pastors are different from clerics elsewhere and can scam you if you don't watch them well.

I think people join secret societies like Freemasonry in a bid to acquire power, to expand their view. I doubt most of them find any power and improve their lives from them anyway.

It takes personal devotion, discipline and understanding to correctly practice and abide by certain codes.
Being a member alone doesn't guarantee that.
Re: Why Freemasonry Is Better Than Any Religion by Nobody: 8:13pm On Aug 12, 2018
lawjjj:

love and brotherhood
Does these assure you of salvation ?
Re: Why Freemasonry Is Better Than Any Religion by paxonel(m): 8:27pm On Aug 12, 2018
DeSepiero:

Religion is religion!!! Religion is what it is; a system of belief in and the worship of god(s). Stop watering it down to mean just belief in anything.
I believe you're not silly. Where's the religion there.
i did not dispute this definition now or what's your problem?
Are you dumb?

If what i said about religion mean just belief in anything to you, you had better read it from the beginning.
Because i remember saying religion is far beyond a system of belief.
Meaning, it is a system of belief which includes believing in anything.

Even till today, there are people who still carve objects like sticks in their backyards believing that the sticks can protect them.
What do call that ,is that not religion?
Re: Why Freemasonry Is Better Than Any Religion by DeSepiero(m): 8:57pm On Aug 12, 2018
paxonel:
i did not dispute this definition now or what's your problem?
Are you dumb?

If what i said about religion mean just belief in anything to you, you had better read it from the beginning.
Because i remember saying religion is far beyond a system of belief.
Meaning, it is a system of belief which includes believing in anything.

Even till today, there are people who still carve objects like sticks in their backyards believing that the sticks can protect them.
What do call that ,is that not religion?

Who accused you of disputing the definition of religion? When I said 'stop watering down the definition to mean belief in anything' How did you understand that? You don't remember saying that "Religion is simply belief in anything" in your first paragraph?
Apparently, it is you who needs to do the revisiting. This time take it slow.

One can belief in something religiously, and that doesn't make any belief a religion.

I still believe you're not silly. Is that religion?

1 Like

Re: Why Freemasonry Is Better Than Any Religion by paxonel(m): 9:06pm On Aug 12, 2018
DeSepiero:

Who accused you of disputing the definition of religion? When I said 'stop watering down the definition to mean belief in anything' How did you understand that? You don't remember saying that "Religion is simply belief in anything" in your first paragraph?
Apparently, it is you who needs to do the revisiting. This time take it slow.

One can belief in something religiously, and that doesn't make any belief a religion.

I still believe you're not silly. Is that religion?
this is how you people fail exams.

Common reasoning you cannot reason, yet you are quick to comment and attack comments you can't understand

My friend get lost!!! grin

Good learners ask questions first to clearify ambiguity before they can see enough to comment
Re: Why Freemasonry Is Better Than Any Religion by JuanDeDios: 9:07pm On Aug 12, 2018
DeSepiero:

It takes personal devotion, discipline and understanding to correctly practice and abide by certain codes.
Being a member alone doesn't guarantee that.
Generally speaking, you're right. There's luck too for it to "work" for you. It's the few who master personal discipline and get lucky that are usually held up as examples that it works. This is the case with all creeds and ideologies that make promises.
Re: Why Freemasonry Is Better Than Any Religion by DeSepiero(m): 9:11pm On Aug 12, 2018
paxonel:
this is how you people fail exams.

Common reasoning you cannot reason, yet you are quick to comment and attack comments you can't understand

My friend get lost!!! grin

This is where I decide to religiously believe that you're silly perhaps.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Sowore: Why Olukoya Is Dragging Me To Court / Does "Juju Or Jaz" Really Work? / Creation Reveals The Existence Of A Creator

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.