Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,784 members, 7,820,746 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 08:40 PM

Why Freemasonry Is Better Than Any Religion - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Freemasonry Is Better Than Any Religion (2567 Views)

The Origin Of Freemasonry Is North Africa Sex Worship And Human Sacrifice / I Don't Need Any Religion - Wole Soyinka / How Do I Explain To My Parents That I Don't Want To Belong To Any Religion (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Freemasonry Is Better Than Any Religion by lawjjj: 10:06pm On Aug 12, 2018
Glycolysis:

Does these assure you of salvation ?
big YES I Wonder how Christians read the bible and miss the message of love, at least the new testament, let me give you one reference because they are too many. 1 Chr 13. this is why I don't go to churches because all I hear is offering, tithes...
Re: Why Freemasonry Is Better Than Any Religion by Nobody: 11:57am On Aug 13, 2018
lawjjj:

big YES I Wonder how Christians read the bible and miss the message of love, at least the new testament, let me give you one reference because they are too many. 1 Chr 13. this is why I don't go to churches because all I hear is offering, tithes...

But I read inthe Bible that ONLY Jesus is the way,the truth & life. And not your good human attributes that grants you salvation....Good human attributes,as i learnt,can keep you in good relationship with you fellow human,but doesnt grant you salvation ....only when you are saved FIRST,before your good deeds becomes acceptable to God...

What do you have to say about that ?

Anly lastly, I have seen atheist show love ,brotherhood, tolerance & all the attributes of good human relationship.....does it mean they are saved from the judgement to come as stated in the Bible because of such attributes ?....

I will appreciate your response ,sir.
Re: Why Freemasonry Is Better Than Any Religion by budaatum: 12:41pm On Aug 13, 2018
lawjjj:

Make that YES a bit bigger please, so people might get it. I think you meant 1 Corinthians 13 In fact, go as far as considering that "Jesus Christ" is a spiritual way of saying, 'Love'.
Re: Why Freemasonry Is Better Than Any Religion by budaatum: 12:43pm On Aug 13, 2018
Glycolysis:

Anly lastly, I have seen atheist show love ,brotherhood, tolerance & all the attributes of good human relationship.....does it mean they are saved from the judgement to come as stated in the Bible because of such attributes ?....

The [url=https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Luke+10%3A25-37&version=NIV]Parable of the Good Samaritan[/url] answers your question.
Re: Why Freemasonry Is Better Than Any Religion by Nobody: 1:03pm On Aug 13, 2018
budaatum:

The Parable of the Samaritan answers your question.
You again ? cheesy...
What do you understand about the parable of the Samaritan ?...

Because ,seriously, going by just good deeds to fellow human,according to the Bible ,don't grant one salvation ,sanctification , Holy Ghost baptism & heaven ...
Hence,if you had claimed you had a personal experience with God,then good deeds becomes the reflection of God's image in your life.... Talk about agape love.

Here is the situation...

Good deeds - salvation,sanctification & Holy Ghost baptism = Hell

salvation,sanctification & Holy Ghost baptism + good deeds = Heaven

Hence,I want to get to know about Freemasonry ,BETTER .

Talk about Pharisees & Sadducees in the council...Good deeds - others( which I listed above).. & Jesus condemned them by admonishing His true followers that except your righteousness shall EXCEED that of the Pharisee ,you shall not see His kingdom..

Good morning...
Re: Why Freemasonry Is Better Than Any Religion by budaatum: 1:22pm On Aug 13, 2018
Glycolysis:

You again ? cheesy...
What do you understand about the parable of the Samaritan ?...
A lot, actually. And yes, me again! The Samaritan was considered the least likely to be accepted by God, which is why Jesus specifically chose a Samaritan to put his point across. If he was telling that parable to Christians today, he probable would have chosen a Muslim or an atheist, or anyone else some think would never find favour in God's eye. The Priest after all, loved his God, as did the Levite, while the Samaritan worshipped an idol!

And what question was he illustrating again?

“Teacher,” he asked, “what must I do to inherit eternal life?”

You might also want to read the response to David's question:

Lord, who may dwell in your sacred tent?
Who may live on your holy mountain?
Re: Why Freemasonry Is Better Than Any Religion by budaatum: 1:54pm On Aug 13, 2018
Glycolysis:

Talk about Pharisees & Sadducees in the council...Good deeds - others( which I listed above).. & Jesus condemned them by admonishing His true followers that except your righteousness shall EXCEED that of the Pharisee ,you shall not see His kingdom..
And I don't recall any good deeds of the Pharisees and Saddicees, except for a tiny few. I do recall Jesus calling them hypocrites and vipers, and accusing them of giving stones instead of bread and following the "letter of the law" , and not it's "spirit".

Anyone not aware of these distinctions might want to consider that they themselves might be following the path they laid out too, and not the narrow path of salvation!
Re: Why Freemasonry Is Better Than Any Religion by Nobody: 2:55pm On Aug 13, 2018
budaatum:

A lot, actually. And yes, me again! The Samaritan was considered the least likely to be accepted by God, which is why Jesus specifically chose a Samaritan to put his point across. If he was telling that parable to Christians today, he probable would have chosen a Muslim or an atheist, or anyone else some think would never find favour in God's eye. The Priest after all, loved his God, as did the Levite, while the Samaritan worshipped an idol!

Then you don't know what we were arguing about...
In the parable you talked about,it was only summarized as thus ;
Anybody can be saved ... I guess you understand what save means in the Bible....
Anybody can experience God's salvation,Sanctification & Holy spirit baptism...not if you believe IN God only,but if you believe God..& God sees the sincerity of your heart & wiliness.

Now,coming to the DEEDs of the Samaritan, the priest passed by,the levite passed by & the Samaritan helped the victim ;
Can good deeds save ones soul from the destruction to come ?.....like in the case of the Samaritan, can his good deeds save his soul from condemnation to come ?

You don't believe you need to be saved,so,I don't think you're going to get my question...

Now,the parable of the Samaritan has two messages it wants to pass ;

1- Anybody can be saved by God ,irrespective of their origin..

2- Does you good deeds grants you salvation & other works of God's grace ?

Because going by john 3:16-21,you may get my question better...

Now again, on the I Corinthians 13 he quoted ,Paul wrote that letter to the Corinthians church when they were arguing about which gift they possess is greater ?
Paul was trying to tell them that all the spiritual gift you have receive from God is the same....but you lack one thing ;
Expression of God's love,agape love,among yourselves ..
Because you have had an experience with God don't mean you should not show God's love among yourself...
Did you noticed how he emphasised " I " in his letter to the Corinth ?

He was saved,he had an experience of sanctification & Holy spirit baptism,but with all these,and you don't reflect God's love among yourselves & others,you're nothing .

He was NOT saying that good deeds & just expressing humanly love among yourselves will grant you the work of salvation & sanctification !

IF YOU ARE SAVED ALREADY, AND YOU DONT EXPRESS AGAPE LOVE,GOD'S TRUE LOVE IN YOU,THEN YOU ARE NOTHING !
HUMAN NEEDS TO FEEL GOD'S LOVE FOR HUMANITY THOUGH YOU,NOT JUST THE SPIRITUAL GIFTS !
I guess you know the fruits of the Holy spirit ?.. Love is there too.
So,you need to express God's undying love for humanity instead of arguing which spiritual gift from God to you,AFTER you have being saved,is greater...

That's the summary of 1 Corinthians 13.....Paul's letter to the Corinth.

That guy was trying to assume it means love & brotherhood gets you saved !

That's gospel of perdition...nowhere in the Bible that it's recorded that good deeds & mere human love grants you salvation ,sanctification & holyghost baptism...

But it's your deeds & God's love,& other fruits of the Holyspirit, that people & humanity can see as a SUBSTANTIAL evidence of Gods work of salvation & sanctification in your life....

Hence,I asked him the question ;
Those tolerance,brotherhood & human love gets one saved ,sanctified & pure in God's sight ?...

And he said yes,& behold the Bible verse he quoted,he did not get the message & why Paul wrote the message to the Corinthian church...

Go read john 3:3....
You are not saved,in the Biblical context,by your good deeds to human but by God's salvation & mercy which is obtained through Jesus Christ...

I will not go to heaven because I was good to people...rather,I ( anybody else),will receive a place in eternity because they believed God ( note; not because they believed IN God ) & had a PERSONAL EXPERIENCE of the work of personal salvation, sanctification & God's true nature in them...

Should I tell you what I got to understand ?

ONLY FEW PEOPLE WILL MAKE HEAVEN !

EVEN MANY PEOPLE THAT JUST BELIEVED IN GOD,WITHOUT EXPERIENCING THE WORK OF SALVATION,SANCTIFICATION,HOLY GHOST BAPTISM & CONITUE IN IT WILL NOT MAKE GOD OWN HOUSE...
EVEN MANY PEOPLE THAT CLAIMS TO BE CHRISTIAN WILL NOT MAKE HEAVEN !
MANY !!

ONLY FEW HAVE HAD THESE EXPERIENCE & CONTINUED IN IT...
EVEN MANY MEN OF GOD,THE OVERSEERS SELF,ARE GOING TO MISS HEAVEN !!
MANY OF THEM !
GOD ,FROM MY UNDERSTANDING,IS NO RESPECTER OF MAN....

YOU GET MY DRIFT NOW ?.... you see why I feared earlier on that you may not understand the point of the arguments....

It's about ;
Does good deeds save,sanctifies & make one experience the Holy ghost baptism ?

It's not about ;
Who can be saved from the wrath to come...

And the answer ? Anybody can be saved ....if only they believe God & is still experiencing the power of salvation ,sanctification & HolyGhost baptism when rapture occurs....
Re: Why Freemasonry Is Better Than Any Religion by Nobody: 3:28pm On Aug 13, 2018
budaatum:

And I don't recall any good deeds of the Pharisees and Saddicees, except for a tiny few. I do recall Jesus calling them hypocrites and vipers, and accusing them of giving stones instead of bread and following the "letter of the law" , and not it's "spirit".

Anyone not aware of these distinctions might want to consider that they themselves might be following the path they laid out too, and not the narrow path of salvation!
Tiny few ? Then you know nothing about the Pharisees !
They were well know as the righteous people in Jerusalem...
They are very religious & observes all the teaching of the ten commandments... They were popular for their good deeds & religious cleanliness....
But you know what ? They never had a personal experience of sanctification & Holyghost baptism...
They only put up good appearances & perform all religious duties for men to praise them ,like some acclaimed men of God today,but inside,they are nothing to write home about...They don't know God... As in ,KNOW God...
They actually believed IN God,but they don't believe God....if you get what I mean.

Very hypocritical in their dealings....
Hence,Jesus was condemning then.....

They were simply self righteous !

Mother Theresa & Gandhi are examples of people I think most people will believe they are good in their deeds to humanity, & right now in heaven.
But sadly to say, if mother Theresa & Gandhi did not KNOW ( had an personal experience of salvation,sanctification,holy spirit baptism & other works of God's grace ) God,chances are that they won't have a place in God's house...

And we can't be good,maybe on mere human perception,we can,but we can't be good ,in the biblical context,except God ( mark 10:18)

We can't work our way to heaven or say we are without no sin ( 1 john 1:cool
Only after the experience of sanctification ,we acquire the true nature of God image we were created from...then & only, are we clean before God.

And lastly, it's may not be making sense to you,& I still wonder why you engage in argument of such....
Sometimes,I don't argue with you & some others ,because at the end of the day, we end up just arguing at best .Draining energies & speaking & speaking.
For now,I don't have the Holy Spirit in me to bring conviction to anyone,why expending my energy ... Seriously, it don't worth for me.
Re: Why Freemasonry Is Better Than Any Religion by budaatum: 3:51pm On Aug 13, 2018
The question Jesus was answering was very clear. "What must I do to inherit eternal life?” So I don't know what I don't understand about it! Is there any more "salvation" than eternal life, Glycolysis?

I know what the problem is here. You can't accept that an atheist could possibly enter 'God's Kingdom'. And you assume knowledge you clearly don't have, despite thinking you do. So you think writing epistles would help you prove your point, when in fact your words just show how little you actually know and understand. Or is it not the truth that if buda said she was a Christian you would easily agree with what she says?

If you but thought of it, did Jesus not actually come to open the door for you Gentiles to receive "salvation" and enter the "Holy Tabernacle"? Or are you not aware that according to the Israelites, you were not going to heaven unless you were one of them before Jesus came to show you the way, and so you don't get confused, even wrote it in blood? Yet, here we are committing the same error he taught against over and over again, while claiming we have "experience of sanctification & Holy spirit baptism", "sincerity of heart & wiliness" (sic), and buda is an atheist who is going to hell!

Please continue believing the Jesus the Way is what you believe it is. There is however a teaching against assumptions. It goes something like "thank you lord that I am not like that buda over there". It ends with a clear warning "Those who exalt themselves will be humbled, and those who humble themselves will be exalted.” Amen.

Do note that my questions here are all rhetorical. You need not tell me the answers to any of them. So don't break your decision to ignore buda and "not even respond to her mentions" , please.

Glycolysis:

Then you don't know what we were arguing about...
In the parable you talked about,it was only summarized as thus ;
Anybody can be saved ... I guess you understand what save means in the Bible....
Anybody can experience God's salvation,Sanctification & Holy spirit baptism...not if you believe IN God only,but if you believe God..& God sees the sincerity of your heart & wiliness.

Now,coming to the DEEDs of the Samaritan, the priest passed by,the levite passed by & the Samaritan helped the victim ;
Can good deeds save ones soul from the destruction to come ?.....like in the case of the Samaritan, can his good deeds save his soul from condemnation to come ?

You don't believe you need to be saved,so,I don't think you're going to get my question...

Now,the parable of the Samaritan has two messages it wants to pass ;

1- Anybody can be saved by God ,irrespective of their origin..

2- Does you good deeds grants you salvation & other works of God's grace ?

Because going by john 3:16-21,you may get my question better...

Now again, on the I Corinthians 13 he quoted ,Paul wrote that letter to the Corinthians church when they were arguing about which gift they possess is greater ?
Paul was trying to tell them that all the spiritual gift you have receive from God is the same....but you lack one thing ;
Expression of God's love,agape love,among yourselves ..
Because you have had an experience with God don't mean you should not show God's love among yourself...
Did you noticed how he emphasised " I " in his letter to the Corinth ?

He was saved,he had an experience of sanctification & Holy spirit baptism,but with all these,and you don't reflect God's love among yourselves & others,you're nothing .

He was NOT saying that good deeds & just expressing humanly love among yourselves will grant you the work of salvation & sanctification !

IF YOU ARE SAVED ALREADY, AND YOU DONT EXPRESS AGAPE LOVE,GOD'S TRUE LOVE IN YOU,THEN YOU ARE NOTHING !
HUMAN NEEDS TO FEEL GOD'S LOVE FOR HUMANITY THOUGH YOU,NOT JUST THE SPIRITUAL GIFTS !
I guess you know the fruits of the Holy spirit ?.. Love is there too.
So,you need to express God's undying love for humanity instead of arguing which spiritual gift from God to you,AFTER you have being saved,is greater...

That's the summary of 1 Corinthians 13.....Paul's letter to the Corinth.

That guy was trying to assume it means love & brotherhood gets you saved !

That's gospel of perdition...nowhere in the Bible that it's recorded that good deeds & mere human love grants you salvation ,sanctification & holyghost baptism...

But it's your deeds & God's love,& other fruits of the Holyspirit, that people & humanity can see as a SUBSTANTIAL evidence of Gods work of salvation & sanctification in your life....

Hence,I asked him the question ;
Those tolerance,brotherhood & human love gets one saved ,sanctified & pure in God's sight ?...

And he said yes,& behold the Bible verse he quoted,he did not get the message & why Paul wrote the message to the Corinthian church...

Go read john 3:3....
You are not saved,in the Biblical context,by your good deeds to human but by God's salvation & mercy which is obtained through Jesus Christ...

I will not go to heaven because I was good to people...rather,I ( anybody else),will receive a place in eternity because they believed God ( note; not because they believed IN God ) & had a PERSONAL EXPERIENCE of the work of personal salvation, sanctification & God's true nature in them...

Should I tell you what I got to understand ?

ONLY FEW PEOPLE WILL MAKE HEAVEN !

EVEN MANY PEOPLE THAT JUST BELIEVED IN GOD,WITHOUT EXPERIENCING THE WORK OF SALVATION,SANCTIFICATION,HOLY GHOST BAPTISM & CONITUE IN IT WILL NOT MAKE GOD OWN HOUSE...
EVEN MANY PEOPLE THAT CLAIMS TO BE CHRISTIAN WILL NOT MAKE HEAVEN !
MANY !!

ONLY FEW HAVE HAD THESE EXPERIENCE & CONTINUED IN IT...
EVEN MANY MEN OF GOD,THE OVERSEERS SELF,ARE GOING TO MISS HEAVEN !!
MANY OF THEM !
GOD ,FROM MY UNDERSTANDING,IS NO RESPECTER OF MAN....

YOU GET MY DRIFT NOW ?.... you see why I feared earlier on that you may not understand the point of the arguments....

It's about ;
Does good deeds save,sanctifies & make one experience the Holy ghost baptism ?

It's not about ;
Who can be saved from the wrath to come...

And the answer ? Anybody can be saved ....if only they believe God & is still experiencing the power of salvation ,sanctification & HolyGhost baptism when rapture occurs....

1 Like

Re: Why Freemasonry Is Better Than Any Religion by budaatum: 4:24pm On Aug 13, 2018
Glycolysis:

And lastly, it's may not be making sense to you,& I still wonder why you engage in argument of such....
Sometimes,I don't argue with you & some others ,because at the end of the day, we end up just arguing at best .Draining energies & speaking & speaking.
For now,I don't have the Holy Spirit in me to bring conviction to anyone,why expending my energy ... Seriously, it don't worth for me.
Don't you bother wondering why I engage in such discussions. But if you care to, it's because quite a lot of people seem to have been misled as you are and it negatively affects everyone. One just need see the hellish nation we have created through our ill-considered beliefs.

Just know that even though the response is to yours, ones words are like seeds. If they are good, they will fall on willing hearts and grow and produce fruit abundantly. And if they are no good, they will wither and die. Those who do the will of the Lord are forever strengthened and shall never tire.
Re: Why Freemasonry Is Better Than Any Religion by Nobody: 7:24pm On Aug 13, 2018
budaatum:

Don't you bother wondering why I engage in such discussions. But if you care to, it's because quite a lot of people seem to have been misled as you are and it negatively affects everyone. One just need see the hellish nation we have created through our ill-considered beliefs.

Just know that even though the response is to yours, ones words are like seeds. If they are good, they will fall on willing hearts and grow and produce fruit abundantly. And if they are no good, they will wither and die. Those who do the will of the Lord are forever strengthened and shall never tire.
Alright....
Re: Why Freemasonry Is Better Than Any Religion by Nobody: 7:29pm On Aug 13, 2018
budaatum:
The question Jesus was answering was very clear. "What must I do to inherit eternal life?” So I don't know what I don't understand about it! Is there any more "salvation" than eternal life, Glycolysis?

I know what the problem is here. You can't accept that an atheist could possibly enter 'God's Kingdom'. And you assume knowledge you clearly don't have, despite thinking you do. So you think writing epistles would help you prove your point, when in fact your words just show how little you actually know and understand. Or is it not the truth that if buda said she was a Christian you would easily agree with what she says?

If you but thought of it, did Jesus not actually come to open the door for you Gentiles to receive "salvation" and enter the "Holy Tabernacle"? Or are you not aware that according to the Israelites, you were not going to heaven unless you were one of them before Jesus came to show you the way, and so you don't get confused, even wrote it in blood? Yet, here we are committing the same error he taught against over and over again, while claiming we have "experience of sanctification & Holy spirit baptism", "sincerity of heart & wiliness" (sic), and buda is an atheist who is going to hell!

Please continue believing the Jesus the Way is what you believe it is. There is however a teaching against assumptions. It goes something like "thank you lord that I am not like that buda over there". It ends with a clear warning "Those who exalt themselves will be humbled, and those who humble themselves will be exalted.” Amen.

Do note that my questions here are all rhetorical. You need not tell me the answers to any of them. So don't break your decision to ignore buda and "not even respond to her mentions" , please.

Re: Why Freemasonry Is Better Than Any Religion by EkeneDavid: 7:39pm On Aug 13, 2018
lawjjj:
First I will like to correct that impression that Freemasonry is another form of religion, even if some of our ceremonies and doctrines is similar to that of Christianity or esoteric.
We stand for oneness/brotherhood under a God father the ultimate supreme being. This may not be a robust article but I'll share some personal experiences while listing my points, these are the reasons why masonry is far better:
1. Tolerance: I feel like listing this more than ones, no surprise it's my number one, while religious organizations will hate you and label you 'infidel' or 'unbelievers' masonry welcomes all under one home and see everyone as brothers.
2. No rivalry: most religions competes for superiority even within the same religion they still compete for each others members, that shows how selfish these religious leaders are, while masonry don't even solicit for members you have to know one to become one 2b1ask1.
3.No Extortion: religion do this in the name of given to their god or personal sacrifice this cannot be monitored even when we know no god is interested in those things. in masonry every donation is for members and highly monitored.
4. No man worship: I mean this is apparent, religious leaders are feared and worshiped they literally replace their god.

The list goes on, I am tired typing with a mobile device, I will just list the rest:
5. brainwashing
6. lies
7. Bad teachings
I know many will rush in here with their ignorance to defend what they don't understand, but before you rant let me give my lil profile, I was born into Roman Catholic I grew up amongst Muslim my uncle practices Islam as a young adult I joined Pentecostal Christianity, I wasn't satisfied I knew I had to break free from brainwashing if I must know the truth. For 2 years I did research, got involved in occult, Judaism etc.
I found out that of all, Christianity is superior so I came back to the church this time more deeply devoted I got born again and baptized quickly I enrolled in 2 bible schools after graduating I wasn't satisfied even with enough qualifications (most of my peers are pastors with flourishing ministries) while studying the Bible, I saw where Jesus himself nullified religion, obvious in several places in the gospel, that was when my liberation came.
I became a true Christian (by culture) I pulled out of religious activities, then I remembered that the only organization which will tolerate my found faith is the Freemasonry, today am a master Mason rising up the ranks faster. Even these so called Christians will reject me immediately they know I won't attend their services where they teach nonsense, my in-law (a pastor) has done that several time.
you may drop your comments so I can react accordingly if you interested in becoming a mason visit www.freemason.com.ng.
Those who have been sending email, please next time add a brief detail about yourself don't send 'I want to join' but preferably visit the website.
I think about 3 people joined the craft through this platform as a result of a post I shared earlier, pls if you are reading this drop a comment so that others will get first hand information from you as well. Thank you all.
please help me to join....i want to be a mason....am in Abia state and my email is motional345@gmail.com
Re: Why Freemasonry Is Better Than Any Religion by lawjjj: 7:44pm On Aug 13, 2018
Glycolysis:

But I read inthe Bible that ONLY Jesus is the way,the truth & life. And not your good human attributes that grants you salvation....Good human attributes,as i learnt,can keep you in good relationship with you fellow human,but doesnt grant you salvation ....only when you are saved FIRST,before your good deeds becomes acceptable to God...

What do you have to say about that ?

of course Christ is the only way, but what do you think that means? it is simply acting like Christ, I always tell Christians that it is your thoughts translated into actions (philipian 4:8 ) that is salvation not your religious ceremonies or reverence to any deity(john 4:22-23) Jesus never took glory in himself constantly points to our father mark 10:18
Re: Why Freemasonry Is Better Than Any Religion by Jman06(m): 8:03pm On Aug 13, 2018
Yeah ! I love Freemasonry because it preaches brotherhood beyond borders. As a matter of fact, more Nigerian men from all regions need to be schooled in freemasonry for that would help facilitate our quest for unity in diversity.

2 Likes

Re: Why Freemasonry Is Better Than Any Religion by budaatum: 8:05pm On Aug 13, 2018
lawjjj:

of course Christ is the only way, but what do you think that means? it simply acting like Christ, I always tell Christians that it is your thoughts translated into actions (philipian 4:cool that is salvation not your religious ceremonies or reverence to any deity(john 4:22-23)
Thank you.

Nor simply believing, as quite a few seem to think.

One can love ones God and ones neighbour in one's thought, but if one's actions belie those thoughts, Christ is missing in that person.
Re: Why Freemasonry Is Better Than Any Religion by budaatum: 8:07pm On Aug 13, 2018
Jman06:
Yeah ! I love Freemasonry because it preaches brotherhood beyond borders. As a matter of fact, more Nigerian men from all regions need to be schooled in freemasonry for that would help facilitate our quest for unity in diversity.

After all, one's neighbour could be from a different race or religion, but Christ said "love them" regardless.
Re: Why Freemasonry Is Better Than Any Religion by Nobody: 9:16pm On Aug 13, 2018
lawjjj:

of course Christ is the only way, but what do you think that means? it is simply acting like Christ, I always tell Christians that it is your thoughts translated into actions (philipian 4:8 ) that is salvation not your religious ceremonies or reverence to any deity(john 4:22-23) Jesus never took glory in himself constantly points to our father mark 10:18
Thought translated into action that's salvation
So ,are you saying that salvation is as a product of human work & not as an experience of God's Grace ?

Ephesians 1;14
" in whom we have redemption THROUGH HIS BLOOD,the forgiveness of sins,According to the riches His grace "

Col 1.20
" And having made peace through the blood of His cross,by Him to reconcile all things unto Himself; him,I say,whether be things in earth ,or things in heaven "

Jeremiah 3;23
" Truly in VAIN is salvation hoped for from the hills,and from the multitudes of mountains ; truly in the LORD OUR GOD IS THE SALVATION OF ISRAEL "
Now,you quoted john 4:22;23....it just the right way to worship God ;
In truth & spirit after an encounter with His saving grace,sanctification & other deeds of His grace...

Salvation is not a product of your thought put into action !
Your work is at best,self righteousness.... Your thought & work is as a dirty clothes before God ! Talk of the Pharisees...

Your good deeds & works to humanity is not salvation sir...it's good to humanity,no doubt,but that's not what reconcile your adamic nature with God....
Salvation is a personal experience of God touching power in ones life......not as a product of your "good" thought put into action.
Your " good" thought doesn't have the power of cleansing your adamic nature neither does it have the power of sanctification experience....

YOU CAN'T ACT LIKE CHRIST BY YOUR GOOD DEEDS ,YOU END UP JUST MERELY ACTING LIKE THE PHARISEES...YOU CAN ONLY ACT LIKE CHRIST WHEN YOU EXPERIENCE SANCTIFICATION & HOLY GHOST BAPTISM......FROM GOD TOUCH ! EVEN SALVATION EXPERIENCE IS NOT ENOUGH TO REMOVE THE HUMAN NATURE FROM YOUR HEART,TOTALLY.
ONLY THE SANCTIFICATION & HOLY GHOST EXPERIENCE DOES THAT......AND IF YOU CONTINUE TO SEEK GOD'S FACE WHEN RAPTURE OCCURS,THEN HEAVEN IS FOR YOU...
THAT'S THE TRUE MEANING OF WORSHIPPING GOD IN TRUTH & SPIRIT AS STATED IN JOHN 4 :22-23

PRAY FOR SUCH EXPERIENCE.......
Re: Why Freemasonry Is Better Than Any Religion by lawjjj: 12:58pm On Aug 14, 2018
Glycolysis:

Thought translated into action that's salvation
So ,are you saying that salvation is as a product of human work & not as an experience of God's Grace ?

Ephesians 1;14
" in whom we have redemption THROUGH HIS BLOOD,the forgiveness of sins,According to the riches His grace "

Col 1.20
" And having made peace through the blood of His cross,by Him to reconcile all things unto Himself; him,I say,whether be things in earth ,or things in heaven "

Jeremiah 3;23
" Truly in VAIN is salvation hoped for from the hills,and from the multitudes of mountains ; truly in the LORD OUR GOD IS THE SALVATION OF ISRAEL "
Now,you quoted john 4:22;23....it just the right way to worship God ;
In truth & spirit after an encounter with His saving grace,sanctification & other deeds of His grace...

Salvation is not a product of your thought put into action !
Your work is at best,self righteousness.... Your thought & work is as a dirty clothes before God ! Talk of the Pharisees...

Your good deeds & works to humanity is not salvation sir...it's good to humanity,no doubt,but that's not what reconcile your adamic nature with God....
Salvation is a personal experience of God touching power in ones life......not as a product of your "good" thought put into action.
Your " good" thought doesn't have the power of cleansing your adamic nature neither does it have the power of sanctification experience....

YOU CAN'T ACT LIKE CHRIST BY YOUR GOOD DEEDS ,YOU END UP JUST MERELY ACTING LIKE THE PHARISEES...YOU CAN ONLY ACT LIKE CHRIST WHEN YOU EXPERIENCE SANCTIFICATION & HOLY GHOST BAPTISM......FROM GOD TOUCH ! EVEN SALVATION EXPERIENCE IS NOT ENOUGH TO REMOVE THE HUMAN NATURE FROM YOUR HEART,TOTALLY.
ONLY THE SANCTIFICATION & HOLY GHOST EXPERIENCE DOES THAT......AND IF YOU CONTINUE TO SEEK GOD'S FACE WHEN RAPTURE OCCURS,THEN HEAVEN IS FOR YOU...
THAT'S THE TRUE MEANING OF WORSHIPPING GOD IN TRUTH & SPIRIT AS STATED IN JOHN 4 :22-23

PRAY FOR SUCH EXPERIENCE.......

First, I will say your interpretation of those bible verses, is what a typical Nigerian pastor will say, as most of them just copy and paste their GOs without personal insight and light ... please do not be warped by them.
However, bible do not lie, by quoting those verses you ended up contradicting yourself very apparent from this[b]"YOU CAN ONLY ACT LIKE CHRIST WHEN YOU EXPERIENCE SANCTIFICATION & HOLY GHOST BAPTISM"[/b] , I will advice you to go through them again this time don't think of your GO or pastors ask the holy spirit for a guide, 2 Corinthians 3:6 (KJ21) "who also hath made us able ministers of the new testament — not of the letter, but of the Spirit; for the letter killeth, but the Spirit giveth life.".
Finally you keep referencing the Pharisees do not forget they were religious leaders, do not also forget that Jesus constantly disagrees with them "another proof religion is man-made", this is another place you contradict yourself.

let me ask all of us this: if God don't judge us by our actions what is He going to judge us by? color? race? gender? religion? you also qoute my thought to action illustration do you have a problem with that? let me remind you that all the gurus, masters, prophets from David, Solomon Muhammad, Jesus, etc. all agrees that "as a man think so he is" prov 23:7.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Freemasonry Is Better Than Any Religion by Nobody: 9:00pm On Aug 14, 2018
lawjjj:

First, I will say your interpretation of those bible verses, is what a typical Nigerian pastor will say, as most of them just copy and paste their GOs without personal insight and light ... please do not be warped by them.
However, bible do not lie, by quoting those verses you ended up contradicting yourself very apparent from this[b]"YOU CAN ONLY ACT LIKE CHRIST WHEN YOU EXPERIENCE SANCTIFICATION & HOLY GHOST BAPTISM"[/b] , I will advice you to go through them again this time don't think of your GO or pastors ask the holy spirit for a guide, 2 Corinthians 3:6 (KJ21) "who also hath made us able ministers of the new testament — not of the letter, but of the Spirit; for the letter killeth, but the Spirit giveth life.".
Finally you keep referencing the Pharisees do not forget they were religious leaders, do not also forget that Jesus constantly disagrees with them "another proof religion is man-made", this is another place you contradict yourself.

let me ask all of us this: if God don't judge us by our actions what is He going to judge us by? color? race? gender? religion? you also qoute my thought to action illustration do you have a problem with that? let me remind you that all the gurus, masters, prophets from David, Solomon Muhammad, Jesus, etc. all agrees that "as a man think so he is" prov 23:7.
OK....

1 Like

Re: Why Freemasonry Is Better Than Any Religion by bloodofthelamb(m): 9:14pm On Aug 14, 2018
budaatum:

budaatum, sincerely search your heart and see if have been a good Samaritan all the time. And are you observing all that David wrote about who will dwell in God's holy hill?
Re: Why Freemasonry Is Better Than Any Religion by bloodofthelamb(m): 9:22pm On Aug 14, 2018
budaatum, note that this condition is required of us all the time and not when only we are in good mood.

"For it is written be perfect, for your heavenly Father is perfect." I hope you understand what I am trying to point out.
Re: Why Freemasonry Is Better Than Any Religion by Nobody: 10:02pm On Aug 14, 2018
budaatum:

Hello badatuum, don't misquote the scripture

Luke 10:25-28 And, behold, a certain lawyer stood up, and tempted him, saying, Master, what shall I do to inherit eternal life?
He said unto him, What is written in the law? how readest thou?
And he answering said, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy strength, and with all thy mind; and thy neighbour as thyself.
And he said unto him, Thou hast answered right: this do, and thou shalt live.

take note: Jesus said in order to have life do what is in the law.
to love God is to keep his laws.

to love God is to keep his commandments

1 John 5:3
For this is the love of God, that we keep his commandments: and his commandments are not grievous.
Re: Why Freemasonry Is Better Than Any Religion by budaatum: 11:10pm On Aug 14, 2018
bloodofthelamb:

budaatum, sincerely search your heart and see if have been a good Samaritan all the time. And are you observing all that David wrote about who will dwell in God's holy hill?
I do not need to search in my heart! No, of course I have not been a Good Samaritan nor observed what David wrote, all the time, nor even most of the time if at all!

I used to tell a friend of mine, a Christian, who used to go on about "love your neighbour", to stop being a hypocrite. One Christmas Eve, we sat down eating dinner of various cheeses for starter, roast leg of lamb for main, fruit salad with honey and cream for dessert and two bottles of wine to assist it all go down, when he brought it up again. I asked him if I should go down the road, a 10 minute walk, and go invite Crew so we can love him, after all, he is our neighbour, albeit homeless, stinky and 10 minutes away. My friend said "No"!

Crew happens to be a smelly alcoholic begger who lives on the street and whom I had begged a cigarette off sometime in the past and which he gave to me, surprised that I would ask him for one, and whom that very Christmas Eve I had given £20 to on my way from work.

I told my friend that if I were in Lagos, and were to go loving my neighbours as he is asking me to, but how he himself cannot, I would never leave my house because before I got to the busstop, my pockets would be empty because I would have given all I had to the many beggars and 'have less than mes' that I would surely meet on the road!

But one's failure to not live up to the standard does not entitle one to lower the standard or make out that standard was not even set to begin with. Those who give a damn will aspire!
Re: Why Freemasonry Is Better Than Any Religion by budaatum: 11:23pm On Aug 14, 2018
solite3:
Hello badatuum, don't misquote the scripture

Luke 10:25-28 And, behold, a certain lawyer stood up, and tempted him, saying, Master, what shall I do to inherit eternal life?
He said unto him, What is written in the law? how readest thou?
And he answering said, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy strength, and with all thy mind; and thy neighbour as thyself.
And he said unto him, Thou hast answered right: this do, and thou shalt live.

take note: Jesus said in order to have life do what is in the law.
to love God is to keep his laws.

to love God is to keep his commandments

1 John 5:3
For this is the love of God, that we keep his commandments: and his commandments are not grievous.
And how does one love one's Lord one's God with all one's heart, and with all one's soul, and with all one's strength, and with all one's mind so that one gains eternal life? Is it not by simply being on the 'right, and not the 'left'?

Perhaps we listen to how it's put in Matthew, for there, Jesus himself is supposed to be telling you!

34 “Then the King will say to those on his right, ‘Come, you who are blessed by my Father; take your inheritance, the kingdom prepared for you since the creation of the world. 35 For I was hungry and you gave me something to eat, I was thirsty and you gave me something to drink, I was a stranger and you invited me in, 36 I needed clothes and you clothed me, I was sick and you looked after me, I was in prison and you came to visit me.’

37 “Then the righteous will answer him, ‘Lord, when did we see you hungry and feed you, or thirsty and give you something to drink? 38 When did we see you a stranger and invite you in, or needing clothes and clothe you? 39 When did we see you sick or in prison and go to visit you?’

40 “The King will reply, ‘Truly I tell you, whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers and sisters of mine, you did for me.’

41 “Then he will say to those on his left, ‘Depart from me, you who are cursed, into the eternal fire prepared for the devil and his angels. 42 For I was hungry and you gave me nothing to eat, I was thirsty and you gave me nothing to drink, 43 I was a stranger and you did not invite me in, I needed clothes and you did not clothe me, I was sick and in prison and you did not look after me.’

44 “They also will answer, ‘Lord, when did we see you hungry or thirsty or a stranger or needing clothes or sick or in prison, and did not help you?’

45 “He will reply, ‘Truly I tell you, whatever you did not do for one of the least of these, you did not do for me.’

46 “Then they will go away to eternal punishment, but the righteous to eternal life.”

I have not bothered to highlight any particular part of it so you can consider the relevance of every single letter!
Re: Why Freemasonry Is Better Than Any Religion by budaatum: 11:30pm On Aug 14, 2018
bloodofthelamb:
budaatum, note that this condition is required of us all the time and not when only we are in good mood.

"For it is written be perfect, for your heavenly Father is perfect." I hope you understand what I am trying to point out.
No, I don't know what you are trying to point out at all. Might you wish to explain yourself?

One thing I do know is that I am a human being! If any God created me and wanted me to be perfect, that God wouldn't have made me out of mud, or evolved me from an ape. That God would have created me out of gold or a perfect diamond or evolved me from an angel, at the very least!

If that's where you are going. Then go please take it up with my supposed Creator. I, can only aspire. And the very first step to that is to understand, correctly, which is what I am showing here.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Freemasonry Is Better Than Any Religion by budaatum: 11:34pm On Aug 14, 2018
lawjjj:

let me remind you that all the gurus, masters, prophets from David, Solomon Muhammad, Jesus, etc. all agrees that "as a man think so he is" prov 23:7.
Remind them also that even if they say the words with their mouths, their hearts could be singing a very different song.
Re: Why Freemasonry Is Better Than Any Religion by budaatum: 1:29am On Aug 15, 2018
And we can't be good,maybe on mere human perception,we can,but we can't be good ,in the biblical context,except God ( mark 10:18).
These are the sort of statements you get when understanding is lacking. Imagine! A God sets standards, does not equip one to achieve them, then that God does not only refuse to give one the reward of Eternal Life, that God sends one to hell for failing to meet up to standards that God set but did not equip one to meet up to! What a rather stupid God some portray!

I'm sorry, I'm not having that nonsense. A proper Almighty God cannot create me to fail. Nor can an Almighty God claim the standard is how much love I literally profess for it with my tongue! An Almighty God is not some teenager girl waiting for "I love yous" to determine how much it is loved, and anyone who thinks God can possibly be so tiny minded as to think like that or require that, should be seriously considering that perhaps they don't quite understand what an Almighty God should be or is! If that is the only Almighty God, then thank you God for creating me as an unbelieving atheist. And keep your lousy heaven and Tabanacle while you're at it!

The scripture is very clear on this issue. You show love for a worthy unseen Almighty God when you love those here whom you see. That's the sort of God that could possibly be worthy of my time, and not some stupid God who measures me by how much "Lord! Lord!" I utter with my mouth but not with my actions!

Any Lord God Almighty worthy of my time and consideration would also equip me to meet those standards. And I tell you God has. Not only did God send loads of Prophets and other examples to equip me, God had it written in a book (the Bible), God screamed in the night in Proverbs. God, knowing how ignorantly it created me from mud decided to get off it's ass, become flesh, and came down to earth to preach it to me personally. God spat on mud and rubbed it in my senses in case I was blind, deaf, senseless and could not see, hear, and reason about what I was being taught. God had itself crucified, went to hell, went back up to heaven and sent the Holy Spirit to personally minister to me, just so that one day, through my continuously aspiring to understand these many opportunities to learn and evolve that I have been sent, I buda, shall be worthy to dwell in the Tabernacle of the Lord, if I so desire!

How much more grace should a selfish ignorant human buda want than all that I can't but wonder! I guess buda too like good thing and would never, out of all the Lord Gods, go for a tiny minded one who is more interested in how many "I love yous" buda utters to it! buda would always go for the biggest and best Almighty Lord God in the pack if any at all! Always!

Aspire, and you shall be worthy, and this is how, says buda's Almighty Lord God. Pity that it is a rather selfish Lord, it's one single flaw it would seem. If it wasn't, it wouldn't be the Lord God Almighty of buda alone! And you all could have had some of it! But as it is, it's my Almighty Lord God. It appears to have no other worshippers but buda! That's perhaps why it assists, educates, equips and even evolves buda I suppose, and not have buda aping silly stuff like "one can't, at the least, aspire!"

Bloodofthelamb, you asked if buda Good Samaritan and the David stuff. buda has laid out buda's flag here. To you Sir, is permission now given to measure buda against it (provided you first understand what has been said here!) When buda fails (and she will often, that mud and all, and despite all the assisting, educating, equipping and evolving buda receives from buda's Lord Almighty God!), you pointing it out would be the bringing of a message from buda's Lord God Almighty that buda must aspire more! (I repeat, provided you understand what has been said here.)
Re: Why Freemasonry Is Better Than Any Religion by Nobody: 5:20am On Aug 15, 2018
budaatum:

And how does one love one's Lord one's God with all one's heart, and with all one's soul, and with all one's strength, and with all one's mind so that one gains eternal life? Is it not by simply being on the 'right, and not the 'left'?

Perhaps we listen to how it's put in Matthew, for there, Jesus himself is supposed to be telling you!

34 “Then the King will say to those on his right, ‘Come, you who are blessed by my Father; take your inheritance, the kingdom prepared for you since the creation of the world. 35 For I was hungry and you gave me something to eat, I was thirsty and you gave me something to drink, I was a stranger and you invited me in, 36 I needed clothes and you clothed me, I was sick and you looked after me, I was in prison and you came to visit me.’

37 “Then the righteous will answer him, ‘Lord, when did we see you hungry and feed you, or thirsty and give you something to drink? 38 When did we see you a stranger and invite you in, or needing clothes and clothe you? 39 When did we see you sick or in prison and go to visit you?’

40 “The King will reply, ‘Truly I tell you, whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers and sisters of mine, you did for me.’

41 “Then he will say to those on his left, ‘Depart from me, you who are cursed, into the eternal fire prepared for the devil and his angels. 42 For I was hungry and you gave me nothing to eat, I was thirsty and you gave me nothing to drink, 43 I was a stranger and you did not invite me in, I needed clothes and you did not clothe me, I was sick and in prison and you did not look after me.’

44 “They also will answer, ‘Lord, when did we see you hungry or thirsty or a stranger or needing clothes or sick or in prison, and did not help you?’

45 “He will reply, ‘Truly I tell you, whatever you did not do for one of the least of these, you did not do for me.’

46 “Then they will go away to eternal punishment, but the righteous to eternal life.”

I have not bothered to highlight any particular part of it so you can consider the relevance of every single letter!

you deliberately omited vv 31-32.
those on the right hand side were the sheep and the ones on the left hand side was the goats. so the basis of position is the nature of those been judged.

Matthew 25:31-33 When the Son of man shall come in his glory, and all the holy angels with him, then shall he sit upon the throne of his glory:
And before him shall be gathered all nations: and he shall separate them one from another, as a shepherd divideth his sheep from the goats:
And he shall set the sheep on his right hand, but the goats on the left.

before good works or bad works were even mentioned where they belong to has been set base on their nature (sheep or goat).

if you are not saved, then you don't know what love is.

1 John 4:21
And this commandment have we from him, That he who loveth God love his brother also.

1 John 5:2
By this we know that we love the children of God, when we love God, and keep his commandments.

secondly,
how was the work done

Matthew 25:40 And the King shall answer and say unto them, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye have done it unto one of the least of these my brethren, ye have done it unto me.

it was for Christ name not to be saved but for his love.

so Jesus is not just talking of any good works but the good works of that characterizes the life of a bornagain.
Re: Why Freemasonry Is Better Than Any Religion by bloodofthelamb(m): 7:40am On Aug 15, 2018
budaatum, after reading all your beautiful replies, I can only conclude that you, my friend is agreeing with the scriptures that, "all have sinned and falling short of the glory and standard of the holy and perfect God."

So therefore needs a Saviour, or else they perish. This is were the incarnate God man( Jesus Christ) features in. He came that he might deliver us from the perfect standard of God, in other that through him we might be saved and transformed.

1 Like

Re: Why Freemasonry Is Better Than Any Religion by budaatum: 9:25am On Aug 15, 2018
solite3:

so Jesus is not just talking of any good works but the good works of that characterizes the life of a bornagain.
And what works characterise the life of a born again please?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

The State Of The Religion Forum - Blasphemy And Confusion / Can Someone Be Born Again, Yet Not Be Rapturable? / Does "Juju Or Jaz" Really Work?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 175
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.