Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,043 members, 7,825,311 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 11:25 AM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 - Travel (155) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 (799015 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (152) (153) (154) (155) (156) (157) (158) ... (536) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Adhheir: 7:16am On Nov 25, 2018
CuteRedd:
hmm sir define genuine. pls just to understand
edit your quote bro, remove the guy's details, it has obvious fraudulent intents.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by 100kobo(m): 7:17am On Nov 25, 2018
Chorismate:

Bosses, please help.
Lagosismyhome, theamerican, Femi312, Sorelee, Folmus, imperiouxx, Bigfrancis21, Twoods, EZEIGBO1OFIMO, Walsping, Ubah1, Oludare01, Time2Smile, MackyNaija, ponpon, rexcheng, quoran, learner007, happyday, 100kobo, GboyegaD
I feel you stand a good chance by using the expedited booking option.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by 100kobo(m): 7:18am On Nov 25, 2018
Gewezzy1:
If my interview is on the 22nd of December, when should i get my bank statement from the bank, must it be few days to the interview?
3-5 days before your appointment would be fine.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by fabzizy93(m): 7:32am On Nov 25, 2018
fabzizy93:
Greetings to everyone and thanks for helping prospective Abroad education seeekers.
I’m about evaluating my B.SC degree through WES but I just wanted to ask if they accept WaEC at two sittings because that is what I used for my undergraduate studies. And has anybody used two waec results successfully for WES Evaluation. God bless everyone here

Biko make una help me, I’m stuck.

Cc 100kobo , justwise , lagosismyhome
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Humble11: 7:36am On Nov 25, 2018
Predstan:

Its not really loud. I just don't like to see people condemn others that are in the same shoes as they are. Some of them will argue and write against what experienced fellow have been through a long time ago.

A guy sometimes ago was arguing with fairheart but when I looked back at his previous post. He actually applied to Iglobal and was denied visa in May. I will not mention his monicker but I asked if he was talking from experience and he answered "YES". Since that day, I select people I take advise from. I don't just believe everyone that answers my question especially when they don't have proof of experience.

I guess you were referring to me. The iglobal transcript was for a friend actually, just posted it to hear others view and i got what I wanted. So don’t use that at all to judge my profile
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by npmi(f): 7:42am On Nov 25, 2018
This group no longer makes me happy as I am yet to see approved transcript.

7 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Ubah1(m): 7:48am On Nov 25, 2018
fairheart:
A student is asking me what happens to his visa fee if he doesn't show for interview. I have no idea!
Anybody here?

You can only cancel your appointment once and the visa fee you paid will still be valid for a year. So the person can go ahead cancel the appointment

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Ubah1(m): 7:50am On Nov 25, 2018
npmi:
This group no longer makes me happy as I am yet to see approved transcript.

Scholarship/school Funding is scarce during spring time and embassy verifies statement of account now. So it's only those with enough personal funds will go for their interview

8 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by homirefacuny(m): 7:58am On Nov 25, 2018
Ubah1:

Scholarship/school Funding is scarce during spring time and embassy verifies statement of account now. So it's only those with enough personal funds will go for their interview
Absolutely!!! Fear of 10yrs gbosa is the beginning of wisdom grin

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Flaame(m): 10:20am On Nov 25, 2018
Ubah1:

Personal funds kee?....How many students have millions in their own account?....Put it this way 'genuine and sufficient bank statement'

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by slamcole(m): 10:32am On Nov 25, 2018
Opinions please

slamcole:
Evening peeps. Please is there any remedy to this. While filling the DS-160 application, instead of indicating OTHER(brother) as the person sponsoring my trip, I went ahead to fill in SELF.
Opinions please. Thanks.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by fairheart(m): 10:39am On Nov 25, 2018
Have you submitted this? If not you can edit and change it.
slamcole:
Evening peeps. Please is there any remedy to this. While filling the DS-160 application, instead of indicating OTHER(brother) as the person sponsoring my trip, I went ahead to fill in SELF.
Opinions please. Thanks.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by npmi(f): 10:42am On Nov 25, 2018
Flaame:
Personal funds kee?....How many students have millions in their own account?....Put it this way 'genuine and sufficient bank statement'
Exactly

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by fairheart(m): 10:43am On Nov 25, 2018
If you have submitted it, just fill a fresh DSFORM. Then update your profile on the appointment website with the fresh dsform number.
slamcole:
Opinions please

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Ubah1(m): 11:22am On Nov 25, 2018
Flaame:

Personal funds, I mean personal funds of sponsors whether mum, dad, uncle

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by slamcole(m): 11:25am On Nov 25, 2018
fairheart:
If you have submitted it, just fill a fresh DSFORM. Then update your profile on the appointment website with the fresh dsform number.

Thank you. But I hope it won't alter my scheduled appointment date.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Ubah1(m): 11:59am On Nov 25, 2018
slamcole:

Thank you. But I hope it won't alter my scheduled appointment date.

Nope.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Wealth7(m): 1:15pm On Nov 25, 2018
Ubah1:

Am just hearing this for the first time... So the embassy now verify people statement of accounts now?? I mean everybody and not the random way it used to be?

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Flaame(m): 1:20pm On Nov 25, 2018
Ubah1:

Personal funds, I mean personal funds of sponsors whether mum, dad, uncle
Ok.......sorry
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Wealth7(m): 1:22pm On Nov 25, 2018
Flaame:
Ok.......sorry

Hi can u please make some clarifications on the question I asked above .Thank you

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by slamcole(m): 1:35pm On Nov 25, 2018
Ubah1:

Nope.

Okay bro. Thanks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Ubah1(m): 1:58pm On Nov 25, 2018
Wealth7:

Am just hearing this for the first time... So the embassy now verify people statement of accounts now?? I mean everybody and not the random way it used to be?

Yes. Only on rare occasions.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Nutshell44: 2:25pm On Nov 25, 2018
Wealth7:

They now verify all statements now. I heard it from the vo that interviewed me that it is their new policy. I was in Abuja in October and mine was verified first before the visa was issued. Took like 3 days tho
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Beblessedbaba: 2:27pm On Nov 25, 2018
Why are you going for Bsc again why not MSC
Demolajones:
Good morning guys, please i am new on this forum and also intending to start fresh application for the first time to the US, i intend going for B. Sc afresh though i have a B. Sc gotten here in Nigeria.

For starters like me how do i go about it and pls which threads should i be viewing to know what i am going into.

Multiple answers required please, thanks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by PucciGuru(m): 3:11pm On Nov 25, 2018
Any one apply to Alabama a &m here?

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Predstan: 3:35pm On Nov 25, 2018
Can I Appear at the US embassy with another I-20 of a different school with a Fully Funded G.A. Position 6 month after being denied twice? What would have changed is the Graduate assistantship position. Is that enough to convince the VO?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Wealth7(m): 3:52pm On Nov 25, 2018
Nutshell44:

They now verify all statements now. I heard it from the vo that interviewed me that it is their new policy. I was in Abuja in October and mine was verified first before the visa was issued. Took like 3 days tho

Ooh okay thanks ...Buh honestly, I really don’t see how that’s gonna be feasible consedring the amount of people that applies for visa daily. Best of luck to future applicants

3 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Nobody: 4:00pm On Nov 25, 2018
Wealth7:

Ooh okay thanks ...Buh honestly, I really don’t see how that’s gonna be feasible consedring the amount of people that applies for visa daily. Best of luck to future applicants

We could wait for Fall season to see if it's going to be
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Wealth7(m): 4:09pm On Nov 25, 2018
[font=Lucida Sans Unicode][/font]

3 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by deedorte: 4:32pm On Nov 25, 2018
Wealth7:

How many people do they give visa? They verify SOA of people they approve their visa....

5 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Adhheir: 4:43pm On Nov 25, 2018
Wealth7:

Its not everyone that makes it verification stage now, they deny loads of people and the ones they intend to give visas, they verify the soa except you have some large amount of funding that covers your study and living expenses. They'll have already approved your visa before they go on and verify...so its really not much and with the money they make from people's visa fees they shouldn't complain!

(1) (2) (3) ... (152) (153) (154) (155) (156) (157) (158) ... (536)

Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline / DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 / Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.