Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,970 members, 7,821,394 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 12:24 PM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 - Travel (218) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 (797628 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (215) (216) (217) (218) (219) (220) (221) ... (536) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Nobody: 12:41pm On Dec 20, 2018
My interview is on the 14th and my resumption date is 7th. Admission was offered to me late. I know I will be asked about this, what is the best thing to say in this situation?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by fairheart(m): 12:43pm On Dec 20, 2018
You're required to add just 2 reference. I am not sure there is option to add additional contacts. I'll advice you overwrite the new with the old contacts information and not give yourself unnecessary headache about it.

As for your job, you work in the same bank, and only position and roles has changed. Stick with the same info, but use the text box below to talk about both old duties and the new one. For example, write under the old role: NEW POSITION DUTIES: (then add the new role). You were not formerly employed, so why change employment date? You are suppose to insert start date, and if you have been previously employed elsewhere, that is another story. It seem to me you're the one complicating things.

jerrypeacelinks:

Thanks for your prompt response. Can I add them back just below the new two I added? making them a total of four contacts?

I am asking though cos I need to correct my DS160. I still work in the same bank where I just got a new position but while filling the DS160, I didn't see where to add a new job role so I cleared the former role and inputted with the new one and new date I began the new role. Now this new date (January 2018) is making it seem like I have been working less than a year so someone suggested I should put back the date I was employed January 2014, type the new job role below where they have a box for job responsibility description and say from January 2018 till date, while also indicating below my other responsibility which was from January 2014 to January 2018.

Please advise. Thank you.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Nobody: 12:44pm On Dec 20, 2018
fairheart:
Let her/him get the visa first. You will see transcript later.
My interview is on the 14th and my resumption date is 7th. Admission was offered to me late. I know I will be asked about this, what is the best thing to say in this situation?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Enasdan(m): 12:47pm On Dec 20, 2018
Enasdan:
please house, I just want to make an urgent enquiry, in sponsor statement of account, what does the Vo
and embassy check most, the inflow and outflow of cash or the total amount in the closing balance, my sponsor just made a huge amount withdrawal for business before her SOA of 3 months were printed, her total balance is 3m while my tuition fee is 8m what are my chances of defending this at the interview? please kindly help, thanks for your contributions in advance.
please who can help me on this,
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by fairheart(m): 12:52pm On Dec 20, 2018
Were you offered scholarship?
Oegbeyem1:
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by fairheart(m): 12:54pm On Dec 20, 2018
Oegbeyem1:
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by fairheart(m): 12:59pm On Dec 20, 2018
They check all those stuff you mentioned. Inflow/outflow, balance--compare to how much your Sevis program requires you to have per year. With 3M. balance (which does not look good based on my experience), well, nobody can say what will happen during and after the interview (suppose your visa will be approved). Miracle happens! The lady that was granted on Monday did not have her SOA taken down; I think it wasn't even asked for at all. Visa has been picked up.

Cases dey different; head no be the same. Prepare for the interview and hope for the best.

Good luck to you!

Enasdan:
please who can help me on this,

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Bukyolami(f): 1:09pm On Dec 20, 2018
Good day, please I was denied before, I got another form to scheduled for another date but use the request form in which I was not approved. Now I want to reschedule but need someone that can update me in getting closer since I can't gain access to see the available date for those that were denied previous not having a new payments reference receipt. Please, u guys answer me for the love me. Una no dey answer ki no no seeee.... 07068754408
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by fairheart(m): 1:18pm On Dec 20, 2018
grin grin
You want someone to help answer your question, but your number is unreachable. I don't really understand what you said below. PM me

Bukyolami:
Good day, please I was denied before, I got another form to scheduled for another date but use the request form in which I was not approved. Now I want to reschedule but need someone that can update me in getting closer since I can't gain access to see the available date for those that were denied previous not having a new payments reference receipt. Please, u guys answer me for the love me. Una no dey answer ki no no seeee.... 07068754408
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Enasdan(m): 1:40pm On Dec 20, 2018
fairheart:
They checked all those stuff you mentioned. Inflow/outflow, balance--compare to how much your Sevis program requires you to have per year. With 3M. balance (which does not look good based on my experience), well, nobody can say what will happen during and after the interview (suppose your visa will be approved). Miracle happens! The lady that was granted on Monday did not have her SOA taken down; I think it wasn't even asked for at all. Visa has been picked up.

Cases dey different; head no be the same. Prepare for the interview and hope for the best.

Good luck to you!

thanks for your responses

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Enasdan(m): 1:49pm On Dec 20, 2018
fairheart:
They checked all those stuff you mentioned. Inflow/outflow, balance--compare to how much your Sevis program requires you to have per year. With 3M. balance (which does not look good based on my experience), well, nobody can say what will happen during and after the interview (suppose your visa will be approved). Miracle happens! The lady that was granted on Monday did not have her SOA taken down; I think it wasn't even asked for at all. Visa has been picked up.

Good luck to you!

when embassy verify statement of account, do they also also verify the cash balance in the account
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by fairheart(m): 2:07pm On Dec 20, 2018
It depends on bank and how much interested the embassy is in your application. If they suspect anything on the statement during review of the transaction inflow and outflow, which I strongly believe is the normal and basic verification, they will go beyond mere verification account existence with the bank. They could request for updated SOA, or even ask you to contact your sponsor to authorize his bank to release his statement to them (in case they can't access the directly-from-bank SOA without his assent); in certain cases, they do that behind the owner of the account.

The issue surrounding statement of account is case by case. You can't be sure what they will do with your SOA. But don't forget, I am not a Consular officer grin

But does it really matters to you if they do?

Enasdan:
when embassy verify statement of account, do they also also verify the cash balance in the account

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Pinkandblue26: 2:12pm On Dec 20, 2018
Hello house
Pls I need a clarity
Do you have to submit a DS 160 form before booking.

Also can someone book an appointment with VISA receipt and SEVIS ID even without having completed or filled a DS 160 form
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Pinkandblue26: 2:17pm On Dec 20, 2018
Also can you generate another ID for thesame appointment you used your visa reciept to book....in thesame location because you know someone already has your application ID and you don't want him to have access to your application anylonger
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Enasdan(m): 2:19pm On Dec 20, 2018
please everyone kindly scrutinize the statement how safer it it

Vo: who is your sponsor?
me: my aunt, Mrs Charles dxxxxx?
vo: that she do,
me: she is into importation of electronics and she own houses in dxxxx estate
vo:let me have her statement of account
Vo: the fund in her account is low, it can't fund your tuition fee, why so much withdrawal,
me: this is her personal account, she is into importation of electronics and other business, she is currently renovating houses in her own estate forthe year, beside this is the same account statement I submitted to New England university, that my I-20 form was sent to me, it was printed a week ago, she can send updated statement of account if required.

please house how safe is this statement, to tell a Vo, if such question came up
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by fairheart(m): 2:20pm On Dec 20, 2018
Yes to both questions.
Pinkandblue26:
Hello house
Pls I need a clarity
Do you have to submit a DS 160 form before booking.

Also can someone book an appointment with VISA receipt and SEVIS ID even without having completed or filled a DS 160 form
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by slamcole(m): 2:25pm On Dec 20, 2018
Hi

3 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Pinkandblue26: 2:50pm On Dec 20, 2018
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Sorelee(m): 4:13pm On Dec 20, 2018
Longest time my people... a whole lot to catch-up with... if you need help as regards ur transcript/interview hit me up, it feels good to be back.

5 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by donsoj5: 4:35pm On Dec 20, 2018
Sorelee:
Longest time my people... a whole lot to catch-up with... if you need help as regards ur transcript/interview hit me up, it feels good to be back.
would love to relate my transcript with boss
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by akpumping30(m): 4:41pm On Dec 20, 2018
Good day house , plz what can I do .... My Visa interview is five days
to my school ( SMSU ) resumption date , which the orientation date is
the date of my interview day , I mail the school and I was told they can't issue
me extension letter and also I must be in the orientation seminar..
what can I do ?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Giftedhands33: 4:47pm On Dec 20, 2018
Pls is there any dates available in January in Lagos or Abuja.pls someone should respond
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Enasdan(m): 5:11pm On Dec 20, 2018
fairheart:
It depends on bank and how much interested the embassy is in your application. If they suspect anything on the statement during review of the transaction inflow and outflow, which I strongly believe is the normal and basic verification, they will go beyond mere verification account existence with the bank. They could request for updated SOA, or even ask you to contact your sponsor to authorize his bank to release his statement to them (in case they can't access the directly-from-bank SOA without his assent); in certain cases, they do that behind the owner of the account.

The issue surrounding statement of account is case by case. You can't be sure what they will do with your SOA. But don't forget, I am not a Consular officer grin

But does it really matters to you if they do?

thanks boss
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Enasdan(m): 5:17pm On Dec 20, 2018
Enasdan:
please everyone kindly scrutinize the statement how safer it it

Vo: who is your sponsor?
me: my aunt, Mrs Charles dxxxxx?
vo: that she do,
me: she is into importation of electronics and she own houses in dxxxx estate
vo:let me have her statement of account
Vo: the fund in her account is low, it can't fund your tuition fee, why so much withdrawal,
me: this is her personal account, she is into importation of electronics and other business, she is currently renovating houses in her own estate forthe year, beside this is the same account statement I submitted to New England university, that my I-20 form was sent to me, it was printed a week ago, she can send updated statement of account if required.

please house how safe is this statement, to tell a Vo, if such question came up
@ fairheart pls do you have any advice or suggestions on this
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by StrikeBack(m): 5:31pm On Dec 20, 2018
Dextinate:
please how can I get admission into a university the US I have tried applying online but no head way.. please any one with her idea should mention me
pm me
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Nobody: 5:38pm On Dec 20, 2018
fairheart:
yes
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Pefuele(m): 8:47pm On Dec 20, 2018
slamcole:
Please check my transcript for me guys.

VO: Why are you going to the US?

ME: I am going to the US to study for a masters in petrophysics at Texas A $M University, Kingsville.

VO: Why Us

Me: The academic experience in USA is of a higher quality than that of Nigeria and a certificate from a reputable university like Texas A&M University, kingsville will not only catalyze my career growth but also give me an edge over my peers.

V.O: Why Tamuk?

Me: Asides from the fact that Tamuk is the only university in the us that offers petrophysics,it is a multidisciplinary course, I get to study geology, physics and natural gas engineering. Tamuk also has a curriculum that is not only focused on the theoretical aspects but includes hands on training which will be highly beneficial to me going forward in my career.

VO: Did you apply to any other school?

Me: Yes, University of Kansas and university of southern Mississippi.

VO: So why did you choose Tamuk?

ME: The petrophysics MSc being a multidisciplinary course is a catch but I am also interested in the research being carried out BT Prof *** on watershed hydrological modelling as this will help in my quest for developing cheaper technologies and ensuring environmental sustainability.
VO: How did you hear about Tamuk?

Me: A senior colleague mentioned it to me at the African geoscience student conference in 2013.

VO: What was your Undergraduate degree

ME: Applied Geology

VO: Why petrophysics?

ME: As a geologist I studied the earth and it contents which includes fluids(water/hydrocarbon) and rock. A masters degree in petrophysics will give me a better understanding of the interactions between fluids and rock properties, this understanding will better equip me in my quest for cheaper well technologies.

VO: What is your study plan

Me: the program consists of 36 graduate credit hours and 3hrs of graduate research programs, I'll be taking courses like exploration geophysics, borehole geophysics, geology of ground water,geochemistry and quantitative well logging analysis

VO: When did u graduate?

ME: I graduated from The Federal University of Technology, Akure in 2015.

VO: Tell me about your service year

ME: I served in 2016 at the ministry of water resources in kwara state. I participated an MDG projects which involved providing villages with water and sewages.My service year ended in 2017

VO:What have you been doing after your service year

Me: I currently work with ***** estates, I am in the drilling department, we carry out geophysical tests/surveys before drilling, we log the well data and carry out pumping tests for water quality assessment. I sometimes assist the geotechnical engineer in carrying out soil tests to know if a piece of land can bear the load about to be developed on it.

VO: How is your present employment related to your proposed masters degree?

ME:I carried out my thesis in a village in ondo state, it was devastating to find out that people still drink from and bathe in the same river,I made findings and discovered it was due to lack of funding. one of the solutions I could think of is to develop cheaper well technologies, so I researched courses I can do to be a part of this development.

VO: Have you travelled out of the country before?

ME: No I haven't had a reason to go out of Nigeria.

VO: Do you have any relatives in the US?

Me: No I don't

VO: who is your sponsor?

Me: My uncle

VO: why is he's sponsoring you?

Me: He has the funds and he's willing to spend it on my education.

VO: What does your sponsor do?

Me: He owns an estate developing company/he's an estate developer (one of the 2)

VO: Where will you be staying in the US?

Me: school hostel (if he needs more explanation, I'll just say I spoke to the school immigration assistance, Amanda,she's got me covered)

VO: What is your plan after graduation

Me: Africa is at a critical stage in terms of development and it not only needs the best mind but it also needs dedicated people who are truly interested in a sustainable development of the continent. During my internship at ruwesa, we worked on afdb projects in osun state and i could see the organization is impacting lifes and it has always been my dream to work for or with the African Development Bank (AFDB).

Why TAMUK is the same as Why did you choose TAMUK.Remove the aside from and go straight to the point.Also,talk about research before multidisciplinary points.
Also notes that most courses in the US are multidisciplinary so it is not a strong point.You may want to talk about the course synopsis emphasizing a particular course which is you are more interested in place of multidisciplinary curicullum.Like it emphasizes sustainable development which you think can help you in so and so areas...that's better.
Are you for spring?
I am considering TAMUK in summer.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by fairheart(m): 8:49pm On Dec 20, 2018
Are you going for Masters or Undergraduate? It can be easy if you wield enough information before you begin.
Dextinate:
please how can I get admission into a university the US I have tried applying online but no head way.. please any one with her idea should mention me
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by fairheart(m): 8:51pm On Dec 20, 2018
Since you are offered scholarship, you could say you were waiting for scholarship decision as the school did not select the recipient in time (which is the case for some schools).
Oegbeyem1:
yes
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Nobody: 9:10pm On Dec 20, 2018
Hello gurus,Is there any special benefits of getting an undergraduate degree in the US other than Graduate degree. Or both works thesame in terms of getting a good, well paying and comfortable... In short what are the differences of getting UnderG Or the graduate degree?

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Nobody: 9:57pm On Dec 20, 2018
fairheart:
Since you are offered scholarship, you could say you were waiting for scholarship decision as the school did not select the recipient in time (which is the case for some schools).
thanks boss. They just sent an email with a resumption extension letter. Can I print it and take it to the interview or the hard copy must be shipped down from the university.

(1) (2) (3) ... (215) (216) (217) (218) (219) (220) (221) ... (536)

Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline / DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 / Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive?

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.