Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,967 members, 7,817,841 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:57 PM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 - Travel (378) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 (796280 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (375) (376) (377) (378) (379) (380) (381) ... (536) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Nobody: 3:13pm On Apr 06, 2019
Gloryemo:

You're actually the one not being realistic lol... Like you don't know people who worked hard and all and still didn't get successful. It is well...still there is no 100 percent parallel line that links your success in life to your school choice... Your life is in your hands absolutely but life happens too. We should not ignore that.

If I give NGN 10 million each to 450 people to start a business. If 440 people return with massive profits, the remaining 10 people that returned with loses should accept that they used wrong business strategies.

You don't come back and start telling me 'life is hard'. Life too was hard for the other 440.

It is okay to fail, but just learn from the strategies of the successful 440 and become successful and stop blaming me for giving you NGN 10 million to start the business.

And yes, someone that was given NGN 10 million to start a business is likely to become more successful than someone that got NGN 100K.

Connect the dots... Don't use this to justify complacency (my favorite punchline grin grin)

Thanks!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by fairheart(m): 3:16pm On Apr 06, 2019
You are on your way there. This is not a question. Shortlisting schools, and you know what is next after shortlisting the schools. Write exam if required by the schools, apply, pay application fee. Everything is mainly self-explanatory. When you get to a junction you find a knot, ask questions and those with insight will answer them. Wish you the best.
Kendrix69:

Please house I need your inputs
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by fairheart(m): 3:21pm On Apr 06, 2019
Philosopher! grin grin grin cool Well done.
bracelum:

If I give NGN 10 million each to 450 people to start a business. If 440 people return with massive profits, the remaining 10 people that returned with loses should accept that they used wrong business strategies.

You don't come back and start telling me 'life is hard'. Life too was hard for the other 440.

It is okay to fail, but just learn from the strategies of the successful 440 and become successful and stop blaming me for giving you NGN 10 million to start the business.

And yes, someone that was given NGN 10 million to start a business is likely to become more successful than someone that got NGN 100K.

Connect the dots... Don't use this to justify complacency (my favorite punchline grin grin)

Thanks!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Senorita123(f): 3:23pm On Apr 06, 2019
heeedreeez:
congrats.

Thank you
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Nobody: 3:27pm On Apr 06, 2019
LagosismyHome:

I didnt pick the date from a hat but from an old post of yours . Why are your dates not consistent

Ma, I got mistaken by the combination of the years...
I got my WAEC on May/Jun 2015, I finished my school on 19 July 2016... All these are stated on my Unofficial Secondary school transcript... I can send you a copy ...
I made a mistake combining the years ... It should have been 2015/2016...
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by fairheart(m): 3:32pm On Apr 06, 2019
Why are you asking for opinion when you are halfway to conclusion. Does something says it is a red flag to use Uncle and Aunt? If yes, then it is. But if I should answer your questions, you can use your sponsors; VO will not refuse you based on that. Do have a good interview.
heeedreeez:
guyz, i need ur opinion about this

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by LagosismyHome(f): 3:33pm On Apr 06, 2019
VisiFisiMisi:

Ma, I got mistaken by the combination of the years...
I got my WAEC on May/Jun 2015, I finished my school on 19 July 2016... All these are stated on my Unofficial Secondary school transcript... I can send you a copy ...
I made a mistake combining the years ... It should have been 2015/2016 ...

Mistake is okay but You just said 3 different dates now 2014/ 15... 2015/16 and 2016/2017 .... go read your post

But Ok ... what have you been doing in 3 years
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by BikeMan: 3:48pm On Apr 06, 2019
LagosismyHome:

I didnt pick the date from a hat but from an old post of yours . Why are your dates not consistent

again? sad

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Nobody: 3:57pm On Apr 06, 2019
LagosismyHome:

Mistake is okay but You just said 3 different dates now 2014/ 15... 2015/16 and 2016/2017 .... go read your post

But Ok ... what have you been doing in 3 years

I would prefer to scratch 2014/2015 ...
The other two dates was because i earned my waec certificate and graduated in different years.

I went to stay with my uncle for some months in lag and also stayed in my home for some months but i couldn't specify the amount of months i used but would be close to a year...

After which ,I went ahead to a computer Education center to learn some coding languages, graphic design , web design and others computer related...
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by 4gunners(m): 4:05pm On Apr 06, 2019
Senorita123:
Hello house....Got admission and funding for fall 2019 at Michigan Tech.I am really grateful to nairaland and everyone on this thread. I cant thank you enough. Anyone heading to MTU fall 2019...Abeg let's connect

Congrats!!! Which program is that. Funding from Michigan Tech is very rare.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by LagosismyHome(f): 4:49pm On Apr 06, 2019
VisiFisiMisi:

I would prefer to scratch 2014/2015 ...
The other two dates was because i earned my waec certificate and graduated in different years.

I went to stay with my uncle for some months in lag and also stayed in my home for some months but i couldn't specify the amount of months i used but would be close to a year...

After which ,I went ahead to a computer Education center to learn some coding languages, graphic design , web design and others computer related...

Ok.. what about future plans to do UNI in nigeria. It only sensible not to put all your eggs in one basket especially if your parents are not fully onboard ... i hear no mention of jamb or you been in a Uni after 3/4/2 years after graduation
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Time2win(m): 5:14pm On Apr 06, 2019
4gunners:

Very very rare. I am wondering the program too
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by sheke01: 5:50pm On Apr 06, 2019
AgreatMan:

What do you mean by he doesn't have the right profile, so he didn't get a job.

Is it the same profile that he used to secure a seat at the number 1 or number 2 MBA program in d entire world?

I checked this guy's LinkedIn, dude has applied to almost one thousand jobs or so. So, did Stanford sent a mass email to every company in every corner of d globe not employ him?

This is a guy who started a company valued at $1.5M before it went under. A guy who spent a whooping 1500hours to expose Stanford, d guy Sabi something!

Which is even more difficult to get into? Stanford MBA or any other company on the wall street?

There is just not enough jobs n those business schools are notorious for squeezing money from u in exchange for some "advanced degree" which sinks people in loans they can't pay.

Abeg make una end dis top business school argument.

The summary of all this is, follow what works for you. If you feel taking a loan of >$150k and be saddled with a debt interest of > $500k for the rest of your life will work for you, go for it. To me, it's foolishness. I go just dey work for fortune 100 company for mouth, my take home go be like who dey work for start up because of all those loans.

Remember all those big money salary you see online for HBS/GSB graduates is "average" salary that might be skewed in a way (if you know about weighted average, you go catch my drift) and might not really showcase the real starting salary of majority of this HBS/GSB graduates. So be mindful.

Last fall application process we had this guy in this thread that got accepted into ivy league business school, he got no scholarship, no aid, no nothing. He was the one that got loan from prodigy finance. That shows that this schools don't fund/assists/give scholarship to every admit as someone has been insinuating here.

Also I don't believe that GSB would send mails blackmailing any of their student. They are not that petty na....shuo. Some persons go just come here dey type Bullshit like say na secondary school leavers im dey talk to

All in all, there are many routes to the top. One love

7 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Gloryemo(f): 5:54pm On Apr 06, 2019
Congratulations

Senorita123:
Hello house....Got admission and funding for fall 2019 at Michigan Tech.I am really grateful to nairaland and everyone on this thread. I cant thank you enough. Anyone heading to MTU fall 2019...Abeg let's connect
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by sillysassysally(f): 5:56pm On Apr 06, 2019
I have come to realize that success in life = hard work + the divinity element (luck or whatever you choose to call it)

Some people work their asses off, get into top schools and then struggle to get jobs upon graduation. It doesn't necessarily mean that they weren't "good" enough or they didn't work "hard" enough. It may be because they just weren't "lucky".

My brother went to a university in the US with 97% acceptance rate for his MBA. He later got a job with Google upon graduation in 2015. He then moved to Tesla in 2018. I have another very close friend that went for her MS in a university with 73% acceptance rate in Tennessee, she got a job with FedEx upon graduation. This is not to say that people should automatically expect excellent outcomes by just going to "anyhow schools" and hoping for fantastic outcomes as someone who went to Harvard... NO!... I believe it goes to show that "luck" also matters.

There is no one set path to success. Not everyone can go to Havard. Not everyone wants to work in top tech and finance jobs. Some people just want simple lives and this doesn't mean they're being complacent. Everyone's dream is valid.

That being said...

Success depends on hard work - which is the surest currency. Hard work has never not paid. People should work hard and follow the best route that would lead them to their dreams. For someone, it may mean going to MIT for an MS in Finance to land a job in Goldman Sachs. For someone else, it may mean going to Brandeis University for an MS in accounting to kickstart a career as a Hedgefund accountant.
P.S. Hard work is not looking for the easy way out of things. That is laziness and I don't subscribe to (in fact I hate) that.

People should look for the best way they can achieve their dreams and go for it with everything!

...Then there is the "luck" element. This is not predictable. You can't always expect to be lucky and you definitely shouldn't bank on it. Just do your very best with the hope that luck shines on you.

LagosismyHome:

Same way a lot of schools lie about recruitment numbers and prospects after graduation..... shebi na who get belle na them catch .... having walk through the shoe i now see some are smokes and screen . Those who think ( entering a good school is the automatic ticket to many things will soon discover that experience is the best teacher . A textbook and reality are two different things.

15 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Scholastica16: 6:13pm On Apr 06, 2019
Topiipii:

On what basis are you making this claim? I hope you realise that there's a difference between attending high school and not presenting a certificate?

I have seen people say this thing ad nauseam and it makes no sense. How can a body, constituted to issue a certificate, issue that certificate in public, yet even lawyers go around either claiming it is fake or that the issuee does not merit it?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Nobody: 6:22pm On Apr 06, 2019
sheke01:

Also I don't believe that GSB would send mails blackmailing any of their student. They are not that petty na....shuo. Some persons go just come here dey type Bullshit like say na secondary school leavers im dey talk to

First of all, Bschools started giving out loans before Prodigy Finance or other loan organizations started. So, if an admitted student decides to take loans from outside sources, that is his/her business! But that doesn't mean that he/she was not given loans from the school. In fact, Prodigy Finance was founded by ex-business school students who saw the model and wanted to expand it. So, make your research well before talking.

And just to clarify something from this comment.

Elite bschools do not send emails to blackmail any of their students. If your response is based on my previous comment, then it shows you got it totally wrong.

Bschools have a tradition of updating their student and alumni body whenever there is a breach of ethical standards. When there is a breach of ethical standards involving these bschools or their students/alums, they send emails to their entire student and alumni body informing them about the issue and telling them about necessary steps taken to remedy the issue. This Stanford case falls into one of those issues and it is completely normal for the school to send such emails explaining the situation to their student and alumni body. The email will contain the boy's name, and their alumni body, who are loyal to their alma mata, will definitely keep that name in their heads.

I feel like commenting on the other points you raised but that will be a total waste of time. So, get the gist right and don't get it twisted.

All replies will be ignored - have a great day cool
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Nobody: 6:44pm On Apr 06, 2019
sillysassysally:
I have come to realize that success in life = hard work + the divinity element (luck or whatever you choose to call it)

Some people work their asses off, get into top schools and then struggle to get jobs upon graduation. It doesn't necessarily mean that they weren't "good" enough or they didn't work "hard" enough. It may be because they just weren't "lucky".

My brother went to a university in the US with 97% acceptance rate for his MBA. He later got a job with Google upon graduation in 2015. He then moved to Tesla in 2018. I have another very close friend that went for her MS in a university with 73% acceptance rate in Tennessee, she got a job with FedEx upon graduation. This is not to say that people should automatically expect excellent outcomes by just going to "anyhow schools" and hoping for fantastic outcomes as someone who went to Harvard... NO!... I believe it goes to show that "luck" also matters.

There is no one set path to success. Not everyone can go to Havard. Not everyone wants to work in top tech and finance jobs. Some people just want simple lives and this doesn't mean they're being complacent. Everyone's dream is valid.

That being said...

Success depends on hard work which is the surest currency. Hard work has never not paid. People should work hard and follow the best route that would lead them to their dreams. For someone, it may mean going to MIT for an MS in Finance to land a job in Goldman Sachs. For someone else, it may mean going to Brandeis University for an MS in accounting to kickstart a career as a Hedgefund accountant.
P.S. Hard work is not looking for the easy way out of things. That is laziness and I don't subscribe to (in fact I hate) that.

People should look analyze the best way they can achieve their dreams and go for it with everything!

...Then there is the "luck" element. This is not predictable. You can't always expect to be lucky and you definitely shouldn't bank on it. Just do your very best with the hope that luck shines on you.

Just want to clarify that recruiting for business roles is not all about the brand names of companies, but all about the work.

An aspiring A-list Investment Banker is better-off (career-wise) at an investment banking role in a small New York firm than in a corporate finance role at Google, Microsoft, FedEx or Tesla.

Jobs no be by brand names of companies - na by having the right roles that can give you a very good progression to your end goal.

So, if somebody that wants to become an investment banker ends up in corporate finance at Google, someone that doesn't know how the system works will start celebrating that the person works at GOOGLE grin grin grin - not knowing that the person don miss road from his career track.

So, don't scare me with brand names. Instead, tell me the roles and try to make the connection from the person's dream job to the current role he/she has. If there is a connection, that's good for him/her.

All replies will be ignored sha - make we die matter grin grin grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by sheke01: 6:45pm On Apr 06, 2019
bracelum:

First of all, Bschools started giving out loans before Prodigy Finance or other loan organizations started. So, if an admitted student decides to take loans from outside sources, that is his/her business! But that doesn't mean that he/she was not given loans from the school. In fact, Prodigy Finance was founded by ex-business school students who saw the model and wanted to expand it. So, make your research well before talking.

And just to clarify something from this comment.

Elite bschools do not send emails to blackmail any of their students. If your response is based on my previous comment, then it shows you got it totally wrong.

Bschools have a tradition of updating their student and alumni body whenever there is a breach of ethical standards. When there is a breach of ethical standards involving these bschools or their students/alums, they send emails to their entire student and alumni body informing them about the issue and telling them about necessary steps taken to remedy the issue. This Stanford case falls into one of those issues and it is completely normal for the school to send such emails explaining the situation to their student and alumni body. The email will contain the boy's name, and their alumni body, who are loyal to their alma mata, will definitely keep that name in their heads.

I feel like commenting on the other points you raised but that will be a total waste of time. So, get the gist right and don't get it twisted.

All replies will be ignored - have a great day cool

You mean an international student without cosigner will reject loan from his school to struggle to get loans from external body with all their many processes, criteria and inflated interest rate? nawa for u o....no be small pikins dey dis thread o

Secondly if the whistle-blower in any way went against GSB ethical standard, he will get a more severe punishment like rustication than his name being published in emails to alumni bodies. If loyal alums shy away from employing him, he would have been a golden boy to radical alums who wants radical employees like him. So your argument don't hold water.

Better keep to your words and don't quote my posts.

4 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Nobody: 6:56pm On Apr 06, 2019
sheke01:

You mean an international student without cosigner will reject loan from his school to struggle to get loans from external body with all their many processes, criteria and inflated interest rate? nawa for u o....no be small pikins dey dis thread o

Secondly if the whistle-blower in any way went against GSB ethical standard, he will get a more severe punishment like rustication than his name being published in emails to alumni bodies. If loyal alums shy away from employing him, he would have been a golden boy to radical alums who wants radical employees like him. So your argument don't hold water.

Better keep to your words and don't quote my posts.

Lol. make I extend my "noreply ban" and reply this one grin grin grin

Name any top 10 bschool and I will give you 2-3 loan programs they offer for international students. And yes, those bschools partner (the school share some risks too) with Prodigy Finance to give students more $$ at a lesser interest rate. So, that is an option for those students too. And yes, you can compare the interest rate and the loan approval amount for a top bschool student and a low-ranked bschool student on Prodigy Finance. You can do that yourself on their website too.

Also, bschools work closely with some US banks to issue loans too. Normally, these banks will ask for a cosigner but for those bschool students, they don't ask for cosigners. I know of Discover Bank, SalliMae and some other ones too. As I said, the schools offer lots of financing options either through fellowships, loans or scholarships.

Lol, US no be Naija. The student did nothing wrong to be rusticated. He can sue Stanford for rusticating him cos he did nothing wrong. The best the school can do to him is to screw him up lowkey. The school (as a body) will not do that but their well-connected Professors and alums can do it - just like Naija Professors collaborate when they want to screw a student up.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by CptCharlesVane: 7:20pm On Apr 06, 2019
Bracelum ala mr bschools ala mr know-know please tell us first which 'bschool' gave you that 7-figure job that no one in the US was qualified for, so much that they called the embassy in Nigeria to fast-track your visa just for you to come get that JP Morgan slush job grin cheesy grin cheesy

I suspect this bracelum works for one of those loan providing companies. to the extent of downgrading someone moving from Google to Tesla that they work as cleaners.

People, hear this! There's something much worse than going flat broke and bankrupt; and it's getting ridden in debt and without a means of income.

Life is what you make it !!!
It's a fact that one's chances of success largely depends on where you're born. For the rest of us, we strive regardless. Keep your Stanford sending amebo messages to alumni to block another person to your beer parlor comrades. No be small children dey here.

10 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by sheke01: 7:22pm On Apr 06, 2019
bracelum:

Lol. make I extend my "noreply ban" and reply this one grin grin grin

Name any top 10 bschool and I will give you 2-3 loan programs they offer for international students. And yes, those bschools partner (the school share some risks too) with Prodigy Finance to give students more $$ at a lesser interest rate. So, that is an option for those students too. And yes, you can compare the interest rate and the loan approval amount for a top bschool student and a low-ranked bschool student on Prodigy Finance. You can do that yourself on their website too.

Also, bschools work closely with some US banks to issue loans too. Normally, these banks will ask for a cosigner but for those bschool students, they don't ask for cosigners. I know of Discover Bank, SalliMae and some other ones too. As I said, the schools offer lots of financing options either through fellowships, loans or scholarships.

Lol, US no be Naija. The student did nothing wrong to be rusticated. He can sue Stanford for rusticating him cos he did nothing wrong. The best the school can do to him is to screw him up lowkey. The school (as a body) will not do that but their well-connected Professors and alums can do it - just like Naija Professors collaborate when they want to screw a student up.

Let me assume you don't know the meaning of code of ethics and it's consequences regarding a breach when you typed your last post. Based on this assumptions I'll disregard your last paragraph till you read it up

Not only students of ivy league schools get loans without cosigner. Go to prodigy finance website and you will see <200 ranked schools as eligible schools whose students can get their loans without cosigner. Let me ignore your compare this and that approval rate. Sometimes you don't factor in the facts that more ivy league students need this loans than other school students and hence more ivy league students apply for this loans which will result to more ivy league students getting this loans. And don't even try to divert this topic to loan approval rate of top business schools versus other schools.

"These bschools partner (the school share some risks too) with Prodigy Finance to give students more $$ at a lesser interest rate" like say u dey the board room when them sign the partnership agreement.......Speculations upon speculation....Lolz

I know people in unranked schools that have credit cards from discover. Unranked schools o.....Stop all this noise of top this and top that. This is US, stop looking at it like it's North Korea

7 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Nobody: 7:33pm On Apr 06, 2019
LagosismyHome:

Ok.. what about future plans to do UNI in nigeria. It only sensible not to put all your eggs in one basket especially if your parents are not fully onboard ... i hear no mention of jamb or you been in a Uni after 3/4/2 years after graduation
Ma, About the Jamb, I and my Dad reached to an agreement that after my study at the education centre i would take jamb and enroll in for E.Engineering
To be precised , My Dad wanted me to go for Eletrical Engineering and what I wanted was Computer Science because i have some couple of ideas i would only be able to establish when i study computer science, but my Dad doesn't even care about that all he wanted is E.Engineering all because he's a successful Engr.... So we had to reach to an agreement that after my study at Computer Educational Centre ,I would take the jamb and enroll for the electrical engineering... I would be done this year. But i dont think i can take jamb anymore this year coz the exam is in some weeks now....

I've been getting admission into some University in the states for E.Engineering with my H.S transcript but all he is saying is No scholarship , No sponsorship... embarassed

I'm sorry it's kind of long ... But for you to know the full details ma.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by LagosismyHome(f): 7:37pm On Apr 06, 2019
VisiFisiMisi:

Ma, About the Jamb, I and my Dad reached to an agreement that after my study at the education centre i would take jamb and enroll in for E.Engineering
To be precised , My Dad wanted me to go for Eletrical Engineering and what I wanted was Computer Science because i have some couple of ideas i would only be able to establish when i study computer science, but my Dad doesn't even care about that all he wanted is E.Engineering all because he's a successful Engr.... So we had to reach to an agreement that after my study at Computer Educational Centre ,I would take the jamb and enroll for the electrical engineering... I would be done this year. But i dont think i can take jamb anymore this year coz the exam is in some weeks now....

I've been getting admission into some University in the states for E.Engineering with my H.S transcript but all he is saying is No scholarship , No sponsorship... embarassed

I'm sorry it's kind of long ... But for you to know the full details ma.

Ok. All the best , i trust all your dream will come through

Just make sure you plan accordingly so that the years dont pass by and you are in one spot instead of moving to the next. If i were you i would purse Nigeria schooling together with US runs so if one doesnt work you have a backup.... and if US works you have the knowledge of what you learnt. No knowledge is lost. If for example when you finished in 2017 you had entered Uni immediately by now you be half way done and can focus on doing masters in the U.S.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by electricpole(m): 8:13pm On Apr 06, 2019
Senorita123:
when did ur admission roll in?
when did u apply? what course?
did u get a mail or u checked ur portal?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Nobody: 8:34pm On Apr 06, 2019
LagosismyHome:

Ok. All the best , i trust all your dream will come through

Just make sure you plan accordingly so that the years dont pass by and you are in one spot instead of moving to the next. If i were you i would purse Nigeria schooling together with US runs so if one doesnt work you have a backup.... and if US works you have the knowledge of what you learnt. No knowledge is lost. If for example when you finished in 2017 you had entered Uni immediately by now you be half way done and can focus on doing masters in the U.S.

Yes Ma, I have a backup plan but i would love to take the SAT too...
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Nobody: 8:39pm On Apr 06, 2019
sheke01:

Let me assume you don't know the meaning of code of ethics and it's consequences regarding a breach when you typed your last post. Based on this assumptions I'll disregard your last paragraph till you read it up

Not only students of ivy league schools get loans without cosigner. Go to prodigy finance website and you will see <200 ranked schools as eligible schools whose students can get their loans without cosigner. Let me ignore your compare this and that approval rate. Sometimes you don't factor in the facts that more ivy league students need this loans than other school students and hence more ivy league students apply for this loans which will result to more ivy league students getting this loans. And don't even try to divert this topic to loan approval rate of top business schools versus other schools.

"These bschools partner (the school share some risks too) with Prodigy Finance to give students more $$ at a lesser interest rate" like say u dey the board room when them sign the partnership agreement.......Speculations upon speculation....Lolz

I know people in unranked schools that have credit cards from discover. Unranked schools o.....Stop all this noise of top this and top that. This is US, stop looking at it like it's North Korea

1. You ignored my last sentence cos you don't know what to reply. grin grin grin grin grin grin - it's fine though cos your reply doesn't change anything.

2. Yes, those schools partner with Prodigy Finance to give more $$ and less interest rates. I know Prodigy works with several schools but with those bschools, there is a partnership with the bschools where the schools take up some of the risks. When you are a student from those schools and you take up loans from Prodigy (or any other lender), you will do some paperwork with the schools and some paperwork with the lender too.

So, go to Prodigy's website and apply for an equal amount of loan from two schools - let school A be a top 10 bschool and school B be 100 ranked bschool. Apply for similar amount and put up similar content. Then check the approval amount and the approval interest rate you will get from these two schools.

You will get a higher amount and lower interest rate for school A and a lower amount and high interest for school B. The algorithm at such companies are tweaked in a way that gives those students more money and less interest. The reason is because of the partnership they have with their schools.

3. It shows you don't understand my last talk. International students from most top bschools get no-cosigner loans from Discover Bank, Sallimae and other US banks. If you are not a student of any of those schools, the banks will ask you for a US cosigner. The schools works with several banks to make financing easy for their students.

Sometimes when you talk to some people, it is just like pouring water on a rock.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Nobody: 8:44pm On Apr 06, 2019
Let's not derail the thread sha. Let's channel the energy towards helping aspiring students achieve their goals
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Nobody: 9:11pm On Apr 06, 2019
bracelum:
Let's not derail the thread sha. Let's channel the energy towards helping aspiring students achieve their goals

At least 95% of all you said on this MBA matter makes sense...good job

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Senorita123(f): 9:18pm On Apr 06, 2019
electricpole:
when did ur admission roll in?
when did u apply? what course?
did u get a mail or u checked ur portal?

I applied in Feb n my admission rolled in 3 days later...Applied natural resource econ. I got a mail n it reflected in my portal as well

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by sillysassysally(f): 9:19pm On Apr 06, 2019
I can't seem to understand why you always feel the need to reply to a post when you don't have any value to add.

I made a comment about two people that went to "non-top schools" and got jobs in some of the best companies in the world. Where did "business roles" enter this conversation? Did i mention that someone was looking for an investment banking job in Goldman Sachs and got a corporate finance job in google? or did i mention that these people had specific roles in mind

Did i even mention that recruiting for business roles is all about the brand names of companies Stop talking off-point!

You've said it yourself "na by having the right roles that can give you a very good progression to your end goal"

Everyone knows what "right roles" means to them. For some it may be commercial banking... For some, investment banking... For some, strategy consulting, while some others want corporate strategy... The fact that someone does an MS in finance does not mean they muct end up in investment banking.

Stop going off point. The message still remains that a top school goes not "guarantee" success in life - There is still that luck element that is beyond our control.

Do me a favour, stick to your word and ignore this reply. Stop constituting yourself into a nairaland nuisance undecided.

P.S. You are becoming a toxic character on this thread

bracelum:

Just want to clarify that recruiting for business roles is not all about the brand names of companies, but all about the work.

An aspiring A-list Investment Banker is better-off (career-wise) at an investment banking role in a small New York firm than in a corporate finance role at Google, Microsoft, FedEx or Tesla.

Jobs no be by brand names of companies - na by having the right roles that can give you a very good progression to your end goal.

So, if somebody that wants to become an investment banker ends up in corporate finance at Google, someone that doesn't know how the system works will start celebrating that the person works at GOOGLE grin grin grin - not knowing that the person don miss road from his career track.

So, don't scare me with brand names. Instead, tell me the roles and try to make the connection from the person's dream job to the current role he/she has. If there is a connection, that's good for him/her.

All replies will be ignored sha - make we die matter grin grin grin grin grin

15 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Senorita123(f): 9:22pm On Apr 06, 2019
4gunners:

Applied natural resource econs...Yea, getting funding from MTU is very rare. I must confess that i wasn't even serious with the application because they hardly fund. I just applied since the app is free...I really can't explain what happened o seriously.

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (375) (376) (377) (378) (379) (380) (381) ... (536)

Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline / DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 / Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive?

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 135
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.