Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,440 members, 7,861,258 topics. Date: Saturday, 15 June 2024 at 08:13 AM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 - Travel (385) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 (810850 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (382) (383) (384) (385) (386) (387) (388) ... (536) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by MasterforceII: 7:59pm On Apr 10, 2019
Milkshakes01:
Before listing all the schools you applied to, make sure the university you applied for the MBA programs offers the engineering program as well. If they don’t offer the engineering program, don’t mention the school.

Makes sense. Thank you.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by TheEminentLaity: 8:27pm On Apr 10, 2019
Please guys, this is urgent. I was just about to book an appointment in Lagos for a B1/B2 visa and to my surprise I'm finding that the earliest appointment is August 14 shocked I haven't paid the $160 yet but is there anyway I can get earlier dates? If I proceed with the payment would it automatically accept August 14 and onward dates?
* I have a DS-160 confirmation number already with Lagos as preferred post.

My apologies if this is not exactly the right thread

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by LagosismyHome(f): 9:06pm On Apr 10, 2019
fcnaxo:

Good Day House, I dropped my previous proposed transcript for review and some corrections were made. Gurus in the house kindly give you vivid opinion. I am 25 years of age 3 years work experience in Finance and Logistics.
Vo: GoodMorning pass me u I-20 and passport
Me : GoodMorning here you go
Vo: What are you going to study in the US
Me: Masters in Management and Supply Chain with comcerntration in Transport and Logistics in Wichita state University a 22 months program that starts on the 4th of August and Ends in May 2021.
Vo: Why WSU.
Me:
I picked WSU due to these 4 important reason:
1. The Barton school of business has a really great faculty that consists of individuals with solid work experience and industry acumen in the logistics and transport space,They also boast of ex CEOs and ex Directors on thier faculty listbwith an average industry experience of 15-20 years which is fantastic. Learning from these individuals will give me a solid understanding of the industry concept.
2. The Barton school of business is the only school accredited by AACSB south of Kansas Missouri a feat held by a selected few universities in the world.
3. The school also boasts of a very decent tuition fee and payment plan which perfectly fits within the brackets of my family’s budget.

4. I got to know about the school from my previous Team Lead who was an alumnus from WSU and heaped praises on the Faculty and Staff
VO: Ok So what have you been doing since your graduation?
Me: I graduated in 2015 after which I went for my compulsory Service to Nigeria, completed in 2016.
I got at job at a finance company where I worked at the General Resource Management Team, till 2018 after which I moved to total spec forwarding and International logistics Ltd where I work now as an Operations Associate. In charge of keeping stock of the quantity of goods available at the warehouse, amount of fleets available for dispatch,Keeping registers of Cleared Containers.
VO: Ok why not study here in Nigeria
Me: Sadly the masters Degree is not offered here in my home country. Also a foreign degree would give me an edge over others when I return to Nigeria after my studies.
Vo: Do you have relations In the US
Me: No
VO: who is sponsoring this trip
Me: my Dad who owns Fadco Nig Ltd who is into the Whole sale of Building materials and sanitary wares( Tiles, bath tubs, Jacuzzi, toilet seats etc)
Vo: Ok visa approved. I hope your aware of the 30 days rule
Me : yes I am Thank You.

I know this is lengthy but I have mastered speaking fast and Clearly. Gurus in the house this is my first attempt at visa. I have no travel history except within Africa which I heard doesn’t count. The school promised to offer me GA only if I attain a certain first semester GPA. The school Tuition Breakdown as it appears on my I-20 is $23,500.

Warm Regards.

Interview is very subjective so what sounds nice in someone's ears might not the be same effect in others .... for a starting base i think these are ok and standard responses ... so just work on delivery and sound as confident as possible. Some are too long as interview is usually 2 to 5 mins but ok if Vo cuts you off..... i dont like the 2 bold. Just focus on the strength of the program that accreditation dont mean much so build up on point 1. Throw point 3 in the dustbin. ... and then go through all the transcript here so you can ensure you prepare for a wide variety of questions. All the best
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Louisanc(f): 9:24pm On Apr 10, 2019
I just got an admission, I want to add my aunt as Mom because she's my sponsor and we have the same surname. Again she has active US visa which I believed she must has filled so many forms including how many children she has. Is there a way this action can affect me.
NB:When I was applying to the school, I did not use her name as mom. Besides she's like a mom to me. She saw me through the Uni.....
PS: I'm just asking for someone
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Abdulrahmon68(m): 9:48pm On Apr 10, 2019
LagosismyHome:

Interview is very subjective so what sounds nice in someone's ears might not the be same effect in others .... for a starting base i think these are ok and standard responses ... so just work on delivery and sound as confident as possible. Some are too long as interview is usually 2 to 5 mins but ok if Vo cuts you off..... i dont like the 2 bold. Just focus on the strength of the program that accreditation dont mean much so build up on point 1. Throw point 3 in the dustbin. ... and then go through all the transcript here so you can ensure you prepare for a wide variety of questions. All the best

Hello ma'am!

please kindly reply your PM.

I will be very grateful.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by LagosismyHome(f): 10:09pm On Apr 10, 2019
Louisanc:
I just got an admission, I want to add my aunt as Mom because she's my sponsor and we have the same surname. Again she has active US visa which I believed she must has filled so many forms including how many children she has. Is there a way this action can affect me.
NB:When I was applying to the school, I did not use her name as mom. Besides she's like a mom to me. She saw me through the Uni.....
PS: I'm just asking for someone

Why the lies ?. Or is it now a habit to just lie for lying sake ...

people get visa with using their aunt or uncle as sponsor. Some get denied with using parents are sponsors. So what exactly is the value of this lie
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by LagosismyHome(f): 10:12pm On Apr 10, 2019
Abdulrahmon68:

Hello ma'am!

please kindly reply your PM.

I will be very grateful.

I dont really check that email or pm... this is the best place to catch me

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Nobody: 10:34pm On Apr 10, 2019
FA13:

Thanks for response.
But is this really easy to do when the supervisor is the one funding you through RA?

You're welcome
It might be harder if the supervisor is the one funding you. If you don't part ways with the supervisor in a good way, it might not be very good. I personally don't like burning bridges with people that have offered to help me. So, unless your supervisor is an understanding person, this might be a very tough situation for you.

So, it is your call to make.

Take it if you see a future in BME or if you feel you can part ways with the supervisor in a good way. Also, don't be scared to reject the offer if you feel it does not align with your future goals. If you were good enough to get an offer for BME, you are good enough to get a similar offer for Mech Engineering - you just have to do the work and you will be fine.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Kingsman01: 10:34pm On Apr 10, 2019
Hello good people of NL,

Please what’s the validity of SEVIS ID and can it be transferred for use by another school?

Also, is there any particular interactive GRE thread like this thread?.

Thanks.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by snip09: 10:37pm On Apr 10, 2019
Please is there anyone in emu (eastern Michigan university).
Also, I'm trying to order the shipment for my i20, but can't pay through credit card here, please who can help me while I pay the naira equivalent. Its through study.eshipglobal.com
please help
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by OluDare01(m): 11:34pm On Apr 10, 2019
Your sevis ID is valid as long as you remain in status. Yes, it can be transferred to another school. Talk to your international student advisor. For most schools, you need a transfer request form from your new school to be completed by you and your international student advisor, then you initiate the transfer of your sevis record to your new school before you can request for a new I-20 from your new school.

Here is a link to the GRE thread
https://www.nairaland.com/1832477/how-achieve-high-scores-gre

Kingsman01:
Hello good people of NL,

Please what’s the validity of SEVIS ID and can it be transferred for use by another school?

Also, is there any particular interactive GRE thread like this thread?.

Thanks.

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by sharwama(f): 12:14am On Apr 11, 2019
Good people of the Nairaland family, I have come to you this day to seek your help in uploading my passport photograph while completing the DS-160.
My passport has been rejected on the basis of compressed artifacts and poor lighting.
I followed all the instructions, I even went to five star studio to snap it oo. I tried the scanned version, i tried the soft copy. Still no show.
Why is it doing me like this na���

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by fcnaxo: 12:31am On Apr 11, 2019
LagosismyHome:

thank you so much maam

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by electricpole(m): 12:40am On Apr 11, 2019
D5000y:
Oh! I think you should send an email to the Grad School. They would be able to tell you why your application hasn't been decided upon. I got my admit in 3 days.
same school?
when did you apply?
what course?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Kingsman01: 3:24am On Apr 11, 2019
snip09:
Please is there anyone in emu (eastern Michigan university).
Also, I'm trying to order the shipment for my i20, but can't pay through credit card here, please who can help me while I pay the naira equivalent. Its through study.eshipglobal.com
please help

Register on PayPal(very easy) and link your credit card to the platform, then pay via PayPal. This should resolve your query.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Kingsman01: 3:32am On Apr 11, 2019
OluDare01:
Your sevis ID is valid as long as you remain in status. Yes, it can be transferred to another school. Talk to your international student advisor. For most schools, you need a transfer request form from your new school to be completed by you and your international student advisor, then you initiate the transfer of your sevis record to your new school before you can request for a new I-20 from your new school.

Here is a link to the GRE thread
https://www.nairaland.com/1832477/how-achieve-high-scores-gre

Bro thank you for your guidance.
My SEVIS ID was generated from a School I no longer want to go for. How do I place this request because asking for a SEVIS transfer from them clearly means I am no longer interested in the school.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Kingsman01: 3:42am On Apr 11, 2019
sharwama:
Good people of the Nairaland family, I have come to you this day to seek your help in uploading my passport photograph while completing the DS-160.
My passport has been rejected on the basis of compressed artifacts and poor lighting.
I followed all the instructions, I even went to five star studio to snap it oo. I tried the scanned version, i tried the soft copy. Still no show.
Why is it doing me like this na���

My suggestion: go to an ordinary photoshop, take a bright and clear photo using a white background and ask them to compress the soft copy to a maximum of 230kb. If they don’t know how to do it(just like my case lol), no worries. Take both Soft and hard copies home. Use a computer to edit the image via “PAINT” and adjust the dimensions till you get a maximum of 230kb. Then you are good to upload. Very stress free. Trust!

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by OluDare01(m): 4:00am On Apr 11, 2019
Since you’ve not resumed, you don’t have a sevis record yet. What you have is a sevis fee valid for a year. If you plan on going to another school within a year, you don’t have to pay another sevis fee. You will go to the sevis website and transfer your sevis fee payment to your new sevis number. Go to fmjfee.com, then to I-901 status, enter your current sevis ID and details and click request transfer, then enter your new sevis ID and that’s it.
Kingsman01:

Bro thank you for your guidance.
My SEVIS ID was generated from a School I no longer want to go for. How do I place this request because asking for a SEVIS transfer from them clearly means I am no longer interested in the school.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by sharwama(f): 5:10am On Apr 11, 2019
Thank you so much, I should do this.

My suggestion: go to an ordinary photoshop, take a bright and clear photo using a white background and ask them to compress the soft copy to a maximum of 230kb. If they don’t know how to do it(just like my case lol), no worries. Take both Soft and hard copies home. Use a computer to edit the image via “PAINT” and adjust the dimensions till you get a maximum of 230kb. Then you are good to upload. Very stress free. Trust!

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Omolayo02: 7:35am On Apr 11, 2019
Please am new on this platform and I have been following for two days now...I got admitted into University of Illinois Springfield for fall this year for my masters in public health and my interview is next month..I just want to know things that 're expected of me during the interview..am not working because am a fresh graduate....my major concern is that I have been denied twice while I was still an undergraduate for visiting and I hope this won't affect my interview..
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Kingsman01: 7:37am On Apr 11, 2019
OluDare01:
Since you’ve not resumed, you don’t have a sevis record yet. What you have is a sevis fee valid for a year. If you plan on going to another school within a year, you don’t have to pay another sevis fee. You will go to the sevis website and transfer your sevis fee payment to your new sevis number. Go to fmjfee.com, then to I-901 status, enter your current sevis ID and details and click request transfer, then enter your new sevis ID and that’s it.

Thanks bro. Roger that!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Kingsman01: 7:47am On Apr 11, 2019
Omolayo02:
Please am new on this platform and I have been following for two days now...I got admitted into University of Illinois Springfield for fall this year for my masters in public health and my interview is next month..I just want to know things that 're expected of me during the interview..am not working because am a fresh graduate....my major concern is that I have been denied twice while I was still an undergraduate for visiting and I hope this won't affect my interview..

1. I don’t think you should go for Interview until 120 days of the start date on your 1-20.

2. Read up all transcripts including *Public health transcripts* by searching Vo Public health on the search bar and research well all through this thread.

3. Previous denials have little effect on current trails. Just prove to the VO that you are a genuine student.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Omolayo02: 7:56am On Apr 11, 2019
Kingsman01:

1. I don’t think you should go for Interview until 120 days of the start date on your 1-20.

2. Read up all transcripts including *Public health transcripts* by searching Vo Public health on the search bar and research well all through this thread.

3. Previous denials have little effect on current trails. Just prove to the VO that you are a genuine student.

I got my I-20 since february and I have booked my interview since then.....
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by snip09: 8:03am On Apr 11, 2019
Kingsman01:

Register on PayPal(very easy) and link your credit card to the platform, then pay via PayPal. This should resolve your query.

Thanks for saving a life, would try it....

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Kingsman01: 8:52am On Apr 11, 2019
Omolayo02:

I got my I-20 since february and I have booked my interview since then.....

Good! But i’d advice you not to go for Interview until 120 days of your 1-20 start date. That’s consular regulation.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by kacey007: 12:03pm On Apr 11, 2019
Finally got a GA with a score I thought won't fly. Thank you walspring for the GRE discount and also lagosismyHome for your contributions on this thread.

CGPA: 4.24/5 Undergraduate
Course: Mathematics
GRE: 293
Schools applied to:
Cleveland State University: Admitted
East Tennessee State University: Admitted with GA

I applied to Cleveland State University with the profile above and I was admitted last year without funding though. So I mailed the graduate coordinator concerning funding and he said I was in the next round of funding.

I had to defer the admission to fall this year perhaps I would be offered a scholarship.

When I realized that nothing is forthcoming from CSU concerning funding, I 'shappally' applied to ETSU for Fall 2019 in February. I thought it was late cos I read somewhere back on this thread that all applications for Fall should be submitted before December.

I was surprised when I saw the email of the offer. The GA covers monthly stipends and tuition waiver.

Thank you all.

27 Likes 1 Share

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by LagosismyHome(f): 12:32pm On Apr 11, 2019
kacey007:
Finally got a GA with a score I thought won't fly. Thank you walspring for the GRE discount and also lagosismyHome for your contributions on this thread.

Schools applied to:

I

Congrats ... the advantage of not putting all your eggs in one basket and spreading your options. Well done

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Kendrix69(m): 12:32pm On Apr 11, 2019
kacey007:

Schools applied to:

I applied to Cleveland State University with the profile above and I was admitted last year without funding though. So I mailed the graduate coordinator concerning funding and he said I was in the next round of funding.

I had to defer the admission to fall this year perhaps I would be offered a scholarship.

When I realized that nothing is forthcoming from CSU concerning funding, I 'shappally' applied to ETSU for Fall 2019 in February. I thought it was late cos I read somewhere back on this thread that all applications for Fall should be submitted before December.

I was surprised when I saw the email of the offer. The GA covers monthly stipends and tuition waiver.

Thank you all.

Great for you, what's the course
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by dele31: 12:39pm On Apr 11, 2019
Please my sponsor which is my uncle runs Canadian and american account. In his american account he has less than the required amount. Can

1. Can he print the statement for both Canadian and american for me

2. Can international bank account statement be used to obtain I 20
3. Will the name of the sponsor be indicated on the I 20 form.

Thank you guys for the response
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Nobody: 12:43pm On Apr 11, 2019
Kingsman01:

Good! But i’d advice you not to go for Interview until 120 days of your 1-20 start date. That’s consular regulation.

"You are encouraged to apply for your nonimmigrant student visa as soon as you have your I-20. To ensure you get an early and timely date you may apply at anytime. However, a student visa may be issued no more than 120 days prior to the start date mentioned on your I-20."

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by kacey007: 2:08pm On Apr 11, 2019
Kendrix69:

Great for you, what's the course

Msc Mathematics
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by ormorteey: 2:12pm On Apr 11, 2019
dele31:
Please my sponsor which is my uncle runs Canadian and american account. In his american account he has less than the required amount. Can

1. Can he print the statement for both Canadian and american for me

2. Can international bank account statement be used to obtain I 20
3. Will the name of the sponsor be indicated on the I 20 form.

Thank you guys for the response

1. Yes if one isn't enough to cover for the cost on your i-20.

2. Yes

3. No

(1) (2) (3) ... (382) (383) (384) (385) (386) (387) (388) ... (536)

Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... / Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? / Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.