Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,942 members, 7,817,765 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:57 PM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 - Travel (443) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 (796251 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (440) (441) (442) (443) (444) (445) (446) ... (536) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Wretch32: 4:29pm On May 09, 2019
Okay
Dm? Or how do we communicate?
fairheart:
Reach out and let me do it for you from this end.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Brown2Green(m): 4:43pm On May 09, 2019
obaru:
Good day house! I have been admitted for Ph.D in mechanical engineering for fall 2019. I am about to book an appointment but don't know the documents I should go with. I'm confused specifically in the area of bank statement. My I-20 is showing personal funds. Please what should I do? Please, I'm new in this forum and I need you people's help. Thank you.

Your question is not clear. Is your I20 carrying your name as in self sponsor? Did you have funding from the school? Seeing you're going for PhD.

What exactly is on your I20
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by fairheart(m): 4:50pm On May 09, 2019
If your i-20 is showing personal fund, that means you have submitted your personal statement of acct for the application. You will have to go with that statement. Also, do you have funding for the phd program?
obaru:
Good day house! I have been admitted for Ph.D in mechanical engineering for fall 2019. I am about to book an appointment but don't know the documents I should go with. I'm confused specifically in the area of bank statement. My I-20 is showing personal funds. Please what should I do? Please, I'm new in this forum and I need you people's help. Thank you.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by fairheart(m): 4:51pm On May 09, 2019
DM!
Wretch32:
Okay
Dm? Or how do we communicate?

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by RichieCobby2019: 5:15pm On May 09, 2019
Good day gurus,

My sponsor is in the US
I have his statement of accounts of February to April which exceeds the amount on i20.
And his income tax returns.

Is that enough to prove financial capability?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by obaru: 5:33pm On May 09, 2019
Thank you sir. This is what my I-20 states. STUDENT'S FUNDING FOR 9 MONTHS
: Personal Funds: $ 0
: Funds from the school $ They left it blank
: Family Funds: $ 41,524
: On-Campus Employment $ They also left it blank
ESTIMATED AVERAGE COST FOR 9 MONTHS
: Tuition and Fees $ 21,040
: Living Expenses $ 15,484
: Expenses of Dependents (1) $5,000
Total:$ 41,524
For the family funds above, I gave them my uncle's bank statement for the school to issue me the above I-20. I have been offered GTA and my Ph.D will be funded after I was endorsed by a faculty member but I-20 has been sent since February which is not showing anything like funding. Please should I still go with my uncle's bank statement which is indicated as family fund on my I-20 or what should I do? Please I need you guys assistance. Thank you
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Time2win(m): 5:44pm On May 09, 2019
obaru:
For the family funds above, I gave them my uncle's bank statement for the school to issue me the above I-20. I have been offered GTA and my Ph.D will be funded after I was endorsed by a faculty member but I-20 has been sent since February which is not showing anything like funding. Please should I still go with my uncle's bank statement which is indicated as family fund on my I-20 or what should I do? Please I need you guys assistance. Thank you

Ask the school to send you a new i20 reflecting your assistantship offer.

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Brown2Green(m): 5:46pm On May 09, 2019
obaru:

There is ample time to order for a new I20 that will reflect your GTA. My advice, contact international office and inform them of your GTA so they can inform you if there is any deficit, then you can provide an SOA to offset that.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by SplendidGod: 5:50pm On May 09, 2019
obaru:

I would suggest you write to the school to issue you another I-20 if possible. You could state that it makes the visa process easier and so on.

My opinion though.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by fairheart(m): 6:09pm On May 09, 2019
Kindly talk to your school to update your i-20, with GTA reflecting. Note in your message to them that it is crucial to your visa as the embassy would want to see a prove on your i-20. Nevertheless, you will still go with your uncle statement of account. Best of luck!
obaru:
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by jossywayne(m): 6:38pm On May 09, 2019
keji157:
Good day everyone. I've been a silent follower. I recently applied to ETSU in March 2019 and I got my application approved on May 3rd to attend ETSU in Fall 2019. A mail was sent to me which contained a link to filling a form for my i20 which I did immediately. when applying in March, I submitted my dad's bank statement to the schoo which covered for Dec 2018 to March 2019. I got a mail from the school last night insisting I submit statement from 3 most recent months I.e Feb, March and April/May. My dad has been out of the country hence I cant get his bank statement. I want to know if it's okay to use my mom's bank statement since she is around. I plan to mail the school informing them of change in sponsor before they issue me form i20.
Please I need suggestions or advice before I take the above steps. Thank you all

Can you tell us how much is in your father SOA , to compare with your mom?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by stones10: 7:21pm On May 09, 2019
Had my visa interview on Monday and here is the transcript.

V.O: Good morning
Me: Good morning

V.O: Pass me your passport
Me: (Passed my Passport, I20 and sevis receipt)

V.O: Did you apply to any other school?
Me: I applied to seven other schools.

V.O: You applied to seven other schools? (She was a bit surprised)
Me: Yes (Actually applied to nine schools)

V.O: Why did you choose this school?
Me: Well, it was actually a tough one. I was awarded a fellowship by the school and given a graduate assistantship by the department. Also, my adviser Dr. Pierson was really keen on having me (stuttered a bit here) and went out of his way to convince me to join his research team. Most importantly, his research work on additive manufacturing, industrial automation and cobots are a perfect fit for me because this was what I worked on in my undergraduate research project, so it's more like a step up. ( she was listening and typing all through. Even after I finished she kept on typing for a while before asking the next question)

V.O: Which engineering are you going for? (My I20 only had "General Engineering " as the course of study)
Me: Industrial Engineering

V.O: Do you have any one in the US?
Me: Yes, my uncle.

V.O: Are you single?
Me: Yes, I'm.

V.O: (brought out the white paper and circled the pickup location before giving it to me.) It will be ready after 3 working days...... you will need your I20 at the point of entry...
Me: Thank you.

Thanks to everyone especially those that took time to share their transcript, they were really helpful. I pray those preparing for their interview shall get their own with ease.

39 Likes 2 Shares

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Chidon360: 8:36pm On May 09, 2019
stones10:

Me: Well, it was actually a tough one. I was awarded a fellowship by the school and given a graduate assistantship by the department. Also, my adviser Dr. Pierson was really keen on having me (stuttered a bit here) and went out of his way to convince me to join his research team. Most importantly, his research work on additive manufacturing, industrial automation and cobots are a perfect fit for me because this was what I worked on in my undergraduate research project, so it's more like a step up. ( she was listening and typing all through. Even after I finished she kept on typing for a while before asking the next question)

V.O: Which engineering are you going for? (My I20 only had "General Engineering " as the course of study)

V.O: (brought out the white paper and circled the pickup location before giving it to me.) It will be ready after 3 working days...... you will need your I20 at the point of entry...

Thanks to everyone especially those that took time to share their transcript, they were really helpful. I pray those preparing for their interview shall get their own with ease.

Congrats dear. Which school? Is PVAMU?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by MasterforceII: 8:53pm On May 09, 2019
stones10:

Congratulations. Enjoy Fayettville
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by TheZed(m): 9:04pm On May 09, 2019
stones10

Congratulations Bro
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Time2win(m): 9:07pm On May 09, 2019
MasterforceII:

Congratulations. Enjoy Fayettville

Dr. Harry A. Pierson, very fine prof cheesy
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by KingStefan(m): 9:55pm On May 09, 2019
Congratulations!
stones10:

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Bliss555: 11:18pm On May 09, 2019
Hello guys, is there anyone here waiting for i-20 from NCAT for fall 2019?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by BewajiO: 11:30pm On May 09, 2019
Good evening. I had my f1 visa interview today in Abuja. I was given the white paper that states where to pick up the passport. After, I received an e-mail saying that I have been invited for re-interview. Please does anyone know what that might mean?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Time2win(m): 2:30am On May 10, 2019
BewajiO:
Good evening. I had my f1 visa interview today in Abuja. I was given the white paper that states where to pick up the passport. After, I received an e-mail saying that I have been invited for re-interview. Please does anyone know what that might mean?

Maybe they found something on your application that needed some clarification. Just go with open mind

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by TheZed(m): 2:53am On May 10, 2019
Bliss555:
Hello guys, is there anyone here waiting for i-20 from NCAT for fall 2019?
we are plenty ooo
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by prety247: 3:09am On May 10, 2019
Good day all thanks for vast knowledge shared here to help us.
Pls am 32 yrs old female would love to study in USA. Sorry.
Married wit kids but don't intend traveling wit my family.
Pls I want to know if I have any chances of being admitted for a degree? As I HV non wrote my waec since 2004.
Been doing agricbusiness ND due to marriage had children too.
Or is it safer to seek for a diploma ?
Which schools would you advice I apply to I would love to study agriculture, agricbusiness or Information technology (Networking, hardware or alike cos I love working with you my hands)?
pls help
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by SplendidGod: 5:14am On May 10, 2019
I'm a little bit confused as to what to do next. I received my I-20 form last week Friday and I'm supposed to pay my sevis fee and proceed with other visa matters. But my passport will expire in October and as such, I'll be needing a new passport for the visa interview. I have already started the process of getting a new one but it's really slow. In fact, the immigration officer here in Ibadan said the earliest time to receive the new passport will be by month end.

The question is, can I use my old passport number to start processing and scheduling for visa interview while I wait for the new one? Will it affect me in whatever way, going with a new passport on the day of the interview?

Guys, thank you for all your inputs on this thread. It has been worthwhile going through it and I pray every genuine student get his/her visa.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by AgreatMan: 5:47am On May 10, 2019
SplendidGod:
I'm a little bit confused as to what to do next. I received my I-20 form last week Friday and I'm supposed to pay my sevis fee and proceed with other visa matters. But my passport will expire in October and as such, I'll be needing a new passport for the visa interview. I have already started the process of getting a new one but it's really slow. In fact, the immigration officer here in Ibadan said the earliest time to receive the new passport will be by month end.

The question is, can I use my old passport number to start processing and scheduling for visa interview while I wait for the new one? Will it affect me in whatever way, going with a new passport on the day of the interview?

Guys, thank you for all your inputs on this thread. It has been worthwhile going through it and I pray every genuine student get his/her visa.

I don't have a 100 percent sure answer to the bolded but I believe it doesn't work that way.

1. You can't go to receive a Visa and an expiring passport. I believe they won't even take that passport from u.
2. You have more time than u think. I know at least 6 people who are still waiting on admission.
3. Get out of Ibadan. Look for immigration officers u can bribe perhaps in Lagos.
4. Don't do "padi-padi" things with that Ibadan immigration guy. Call him aside, squeeze something in his hands and tell him to show u d way. They are probably hoarding the passport and if they are not, he will tell u exactly where u can get it on time.

In all, just calm down and do the right thing once and for all. Be ready to part with some money. Even if u had 10 months on your current passport, d only wise thing to do is to get another passport. Changing Visa from one passport to another is not a walk in the park.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by SplendidGod: 6:41am On May 10, 2019
AgreatMan:

I don't have a 100 percent sure answer to the bolded but I believe it doesn't work that way.

1. You can't go to receive a Visa and an expiring passport. I believe they won't even take that passport from u.
2. You have more time than u think. I know at least 6 people who are still waiting on admission.
3. Get out of Ibadan. Look for immigration officers u can bribe perhaps in Lagos.
4. Don't do "padi-padi" things with that Ibadan immigration guy. Call him aside, squeeze something in his hands and tell him to show u d way. They are probably hoarding the passport and if they are not, he will tell u exactly where u can get it on time.

In all, just calm down and do the right thing once and for all. Be ready to part with some money. Even if u had 10 months on your current passport, d only wise thing to do is to get another passport. Changing Visa from one passport to another is not a walk in the park.

Thank you very much!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Brown2Green(m): 7:26am On May 10, 2019
SplendidGod:

Why are you in so much haste?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Brown2Green(m): 7:30am On May 10, 2019
I noticed UPS is having their packages delayed with reports saying 'your package is delayed due to government regulatory agency hold' .

So for guys requesting for I20 if you can use DHL or FedEx it would be better.

4 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by tboy47(m): 8:01am On May 10, 2019
fairheart:
Pay the SEVIS fee, visa fee, fill the dsform to the best of your knowledge, with every information as it is stated on your i-20. Then use your dsform ID number to schedule your appointment. prepare for the interview. Which you best of luck. If you have questions, ask.
thanks bro

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Obyknow(m): 8:39am On May 10, 2019
Any applicant or admitted student to Stevens Institute of Technology
A brother need your help
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by NefT: 8:55am On May 10, 2019
@enuelsmith on this forum registered TOEFL for me last year and I just realized that on my account that I have $180 outstanding. I am currently in the US studying. I hope this will not affect me in anyway. I was here last year thanking him for the kind gesture. I was here singing his praise for giving me a discount of 50%. I am confused and sad at the moment. I really want to know what happened because up till when I left Nigeria there wasn't any issue. Is it possible for someone to cancel payment after registering and siting for the exam. I am really worried about what has happened. I dont want any fraud allegations on me in the US.

Cc Justwise, Lagosismyhome
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Oasishavenng: 8:56am On May 10, 2019
SplendidGod:

My advice is go through the immigration page on Twitter, raise a complaint. I had same issue and mine was a bit worse. School refuse to issue I-20 due to less than 6month validity. I went through their Twitter page and picked up my passport yesterday

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by yemyem4uall: 9:41am On May 10, 2019
Hello gurus in the house. I got admission without funding, the total tuition fee for one year is 23000USd and I seek for fund but d department chairman wish is my supervisor said I can only get funding for second semester but I have to be on campus before they can issue fund for my program for second semester. I think of paying a semester fee of this money wish is 11500 and ask the school to indicate the payment on my I 20. Do you advise me to go ahead ?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (440) (441) (442) (443) (444) (445) (446) ... (536)

Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline / DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 / Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 105
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.