Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,318 members, 7,836,374 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 06:35 AM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 - Travel (522) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 (802033 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (519) (520) (521) (522) (523) (524) (525) ... (536) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by dumbiri99(f): 6:58am On Jun 04, 2019
Please those who chose yes to the question "have you been denied in the last 12 months" on the site to book interview appointment. What interview dates are you seeing available.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Brown2Green(m): 7:05am On Jun 04, 2019
dumbiri99:
Please those who chose yes to the question "have you been denied in the last 12 months" on the site to book interview appointment. What interview dates are you seeing available.

Just know this.
Once you have been denied before, you cannot see the same available date as one that is a fresh applicant.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Predstan: 7:18am On Jun 04, 2019
Brown2Green:

Just know this.
Once you have been denied before, you cannot see the same available date as one that is a fresh applicant.

Denied in the last two months and 6months for student and tourist respectively.
The system will only ask if u have been denied in the last 2 months for study visa, if you don’t have any denial within that two months, you are a regular applicant.
By the way, you can get another appointment in one week after your denial.

5 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by dumbiri99(f): 7:22am On Jun 04, 2019
Brown2Green:

Just know this.
Even some fresh applicants are seeing far dates like aug 10 when i am seeing new dates. I am seeing june 14 even after saying i have been denied in the last 12 months

3 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by dumbiri99(f): 7:24am On Jun 04, 2019
Predstan:

The system will only ask if u have been denied in the last 2 months for study visa, if you don’t have any denial within that two months, you are a regular applicant.
Bros it don change o
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Predstan: 7:26am On Jun 04, 2019
dumbiri99:

Bros it don change o

It’s now 12months?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Brown2Green(m): 7:29am On Jun 04, 2019
Predstan:

Not true .
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Olalekank(m): 8:06am On Jun 04, 2019
sheke01:

As part of a training am undergoing, am part of a social media threat hunting team on a crowdWatch program affiliated with ISAO, homeland security, state department OSAC and homeland security Information network (HSIN) and this is what I can say:

The social media threat hunting tools available currently is top notch. Once you submit your usernames, please go and scrub your accounts very very well. Use Facebook security measures to prevent posts you were tagged from appearing on your profile so you don't get tagged in something you are not involved in

These tools will reveal every damn thing about your account. Every post you've ever liked, every comment you've made, all the groups you in, all the pages you've created. On Twitter the tools will display impressions your tweets create, word cloud, hash tag clouds etc

To get an idea of what am saying, play with "socialBearing" a twitter analysis tool and see the wonders it will reveal about the username you are hunting.

Let me stop here before I breach the non disclosure I signed.

OMG OMG
This is scary.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Predstan: 8:10am On Jun 04, 2019
Brown2Green:

Not true .

lol. I’ve once been denied Visa and I got another date for two weeks after. The same date with a regular applicant.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Brown2Green(m): 8:18am On Jun 04, 2019
Predstan:

lol. I’ve once been denied Visa and I got another date for two weeks after. The same date with a regular applicant.

Things are occurring sporadically these days.
Everything is changing.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Predstan: 8:26am On Jun 04, 2019
Brown2Green:

Things are occurring sporadically these days.
Everything is changing.

Ok. I see
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by femotechno(m): 9:23am On Jun 04, 2019
Felizz:
Hello dipro,

I have a brother in oklahoma state university he paid my sevifee for me..i send the money through western union for him he cash it out then he make the payment .you can't pay the money in nigeria you have to know someone there and now the policy of western union is that you can only send money to private account not corporate account and sevifee is corporate account that is while its is not possible to pay in nigeria

Please Felix.. Link me up with your brother.. I'm also have a business with the school
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Kay100: 9:44am On Jun 04, 2019
sheke01:

As part of a training am undergoing, am part of a social media threat hunting team on a crowdWatch program affiliated with ISAO, homeland security, state department OSAC and homeland security Information network (HSIN) and this is what I can say:

The social media threat hunting tools available currently is top notch. Once you submit your usernames, please go and scrub your accounts very very well. Use Facebook security measures to prevent posts you were tagged from appearing on your profile so you don't get tagged in something you are not involved in

These tools will reveal every damn thing about your account. Every post you've ever liked, every comment you've made, all the groups you in, all the pages you've created. On Twitter the tools will display impressions your tweets create, word cloud, hash tag clouds etc

To get an idea of what am saying, play with "socialBearing" a twitter analysis tool and see the wonders it will reveal about the username you are hunting.

Let me stop here before I breach the non disclosure I signed.
Pls i'm confuse here, is it the email address attached to our facebook profile we have to fill in or facebook display name?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Kaylhey20: 10:09am On Jun 04, 2019
Good day everyone. My visa interview is next week Tuesday. Anyone willing to help with a mock interview .
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Mohene(f): 10:30am On Jun 04, 2019
Me too oooo, my interview is on the 13th of june....please help a sister

Kaylhey20:
Good day everyone. My visa interview is next week Tuesday. Anyone willing to help with a mock interview .
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by dreambound(m): 11:55am On Jun 04, 2019
Mine z on Monday. cry
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Brown2Green(m): 11:56am On Jun 04, 2019
Drop your transcript and we will all help out in scrutinizing it.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by juliusdudu: 12:29pm On Jun 04, 2019
Bracha:
Lol so your visa was approved but you couldn't come here to post the transcript to help others coming behind, but you want help from the group members?

Bros shey this one good for your eyes like this?

Hey, I did not ask you any direct question. You can skip it and let it go if what I posted offends you. Live and let others live!

A few people contacted me privately and I offered my help in my little way. Not everybody will rush here to post transcripts of a visa that is not yet in his or her hands.

Anyway, relax, I will post the transcript later for others to pick one or two points.

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by juliusdudu: 12:31pm On Jun 04, 2019
Flaame:
Congratulations! undergraduate or master degree?

LLM UC Berkeley
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by hybeenoni: 12:35pm On Jun 04, 2019
juliusdudu:

Hey, I did not ask you any direct question. You can skip it and let it go if what I posted offends you. Live and let others live!

A few people contacted me privately and I offered my help in my little way. Not everybody will rush here to post transcripts of a visa that is not yet in his or her hands. Most foolish people only do that. I don't celebrate a process, only result.

You may be too young to know that it is bad to attack others especially when you are not in their shoes. Be guided!

Oga calm down na, shuoo.
Why your blood dey rush like this?

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by juliusdudu: 12:35pm On Jun 04, 2019
dreambound:

Firstly, congratulations on your approval, please post your interview transcript. Keep contacting them, or be patient, they would reply. Is there any way you can contact the pick up center? I think you also should. If in the end you are unable to get your passport before the program start date, contact your DSO for an extension letter.

Thank you for your response. I did contact DHL but my passport was not there. I have however found an update on my case yesterday evening.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by dreambound(m): 12:44pm On Jun 04, 2019
juliusdudu:

LLM UC Berkeley

Wow.. UC Berkeley
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by jossywayne(m): 12:52pm On Jun 04, 2019
Mohene:
Me too oooo, my interview is on the 13th of june....please help a sister

Go to previous pages on this thread, u will find a proposed transcript. You can learn from it.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Mohene(f): 1:28pm On Jun 04, 2019
Thank you so much have seen all i need my problem is that im going to a community college....and have not seen a post on people going to community colleges hmmmmmmm

jossywayne:

Go to previous pages on this thread, u will find a proposed transcript. You can learn from it.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Johnolukolade(m): 1:32pm On Jun 04, 2019
Mohene:
Thank you so much have seen all i need my problem is that im going to a community college....and have not seen a post on people going to community colleges hmmmmmmm

What's your level of education? Do you have a university degree?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Sosao(f): 1:55pm On Jun 04, 2019
$
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Brown2Green(m): 2:10pm On Jun 04, 2019
Sosao:
Finally it is my turn and Am seriously nervous .
This is my proposed transcript and I will love your inputs
Thanks in advance

Proposed transcript for interview

Vo: Good morning
Res: good morning

Vo: where are you going to?
Res: I am going to the Morgan State University to pursue a masters degree in Project Management and specialize in Information Technology.

Vo: how did you hear about Morgan State University
Res: I first heard am MSU at a Project Management work shop organized by Agile P3 liMited in Abuja. One of the organized spoke highly of MSU and I also did research using college board , master portal and Peterson where Morgan State was also recommended considering my area of specialization also.

Vo: how many schools did you apply to?
Res: I applied to 2 schools MSU and North eastern University where I was admitted in both schools.MSU gave me admission after being evaluated by the world education service.

Vo: why MSU?
Res: during my application process, the major factors I considered was cost and quality of education.
Morgan State University is registered with the Project Management Institute(PMI) and use the project management book of knowledge (pmbok) which uses the agile method.
Morgan State also has an excellent educational standard and the matches my budget.

Vo: what is your highest degree and what have you been doing after wards?
Res: I have a bachelors degree in Project Management from the Federal University of Technology Akure in 2015. After-which I did my 1year compulsory NYSC where I taught in a secondary school as a maths teacher and I also started an NGO called Emos Intiative that helps train young girls to acquire vocational skills for free.
Presently I work mainly as an Project manager at Bleep company.

Why Masters in Project Management?
Res: as earlier said I have a bachelors degree in Project Management and while working at Shelter gate limited, I noticed a lot of mis management of resources. I created a visual plan using Project Management softwares such as Ms project and presented it to the CEO. I was able to not only reduce resources wastage, but ensure ensure timely execution of projects.
I also did a research during my undergraduate study on the effect of Information communication technology on the Nigerian economic growth.
I focused that ICT is one of the major driving force of organizational competition and the due to the rapid development of the ICT industry , there has been a great increase in the GDP of Nigeria.

Vo: what is your study plan?
Res: the study plan involves a 30 credit program where is will take courses such as Project Management, cost management, risk management as well as information technology courses.

Vo: who will be sponsoring you?
My uncle will be sponsoring me. He is the CEO of Bleep company. He has been my guardian and has been responsible for my education. Here is an affidavit of support by him stating that he will be responsible for my education. He has been the major motivation in advancing in both life and career.

Vo: What will the program do for you?
Res: I plan to come back to Nigeria and use the knowledge and experience I must have gained in MSU to contribute my quota in the Nigeria Project Management world. I intend to use the knowledge I have obtained to run operations and manage resources better most especially in the IT department. It is evident that Nigeria lacks adequate professionals in this field. I intend to create a niche that that improve the economy of this country.

Here's a quick one from me

How did you hear about the school?
Kindly add how you carried out personal research to validate your findings about the school .

Why MSU?
Those your responses are way too shallow. Not convincing at all. Not well thought and doesn't depict you have a career plan.

Why project management?
This is another way of asking how does project management help you in your career aspirations.
It is not an opportunity to talk about your JD. And remember most VOs are not in the mood to listen to long sermons. Place your best foot forward in all your responses because they can cut you short when the deal breaker is still inside your mouth.

What will this degree do for you?
Rephrase that to be succinct and more convincing.

May God's favour be with you.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by sheke01: 2:22pm On Jun 04, 2019
beejhay96:
Thanks for the headsup bro.
What about chats that were deleted(like on Fb mssgr)...can that also be sniffed out?

I don't think they will be able to access deleted items except Facebook, Twitter etc hands them those data. Depending on their policy, Facebook, Twitter etc might not even keep record of deleted posts
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Sosao(f): 2:32pm On Jun 04, 2019
Thanks for you input .
I will be grateful if you can be more detailed or can I on you?
Brown2Green:

Here's a quick one from me

How did you hear about the school?
Kindly add how you carried out personal research to validate your findings about the school .

Why MSU?
Those your responses are way too shallow. Not convincing at all. Not well thought and doesn't depict you have a career plan.

Why project management?
This is another way of asking how does project management help you in your career aspirations.
It is not an opportunity to talk about your JD. And remember most VOs are not in the mood to listen to long sermons. Place your best foot forward in all your responses because they can cut you short when the deal breaker is still inside your mouth.

What will this degree do for you?
Rephrase that to be succinct and more convincing.

May God's favour be with you.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by sheke01: 2:39pm On Jun 04, 2019
Kay100:
Pls i'm confuse here, is it the email address attached to our facebook profile we have to fill in or facebook display name?

Facebook username should look like this: facebook.com/kay100
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by bwiizy92(m): 2:43pm On Jun 04, 2019
Thanks to all the guys(ladies included) ensuring that this thread keep rolling. Approval after some days on AP. When @Sharwama posted her dream inspired transcripts to lighten the mood, I didn't imagine I will experience her dreams... literally the forces were on my side. Let this brighten your day today..here is the transcripts below
V.O: Good morning
Me: Good morning
V.O: Pass me your passport and I-20
Me: obliged
V.O: you are going to CMU for what
Me: masters degree in chemistry
V.O: did you apply to other schools
Me: mention the two other schools, IIT and Auburn
V.O: where do yo live
Me: Port Harcourt
V.O: what did you graduate with at University of Ilorin
Me: replied...
V.O: have you had any issues with the police or any law enforcement before
Me: replied No
V.O: where do you live
Me: I answered Port Harcourt, he nods and said correct
V.O: where do you work
Me: told him XYZ limited in PH
No big W's( why, what, whatsoever)..unlike Sharwama I didn't want to push my luck...but the mood was dampened by the AP. The rest is history today.
Big ups to @Agreatman @Time2win. @Brown2green for helping with mock interview.

18 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (519) (520) (521) (522) (523) (524) (525) ... (536)

Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... / Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline / Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.