Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,536 members, 7,819,916 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 06:36 AM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 - Travel (521) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 (797173 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (518) (519) (520) (521) (522) (523) (524) ... (536) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by AGUBANZE(m): 6:45pm On Jun 03, 2019
Brown2Green:

For Sevis fee payment , contact @wallspring he helped majority of people here.

Note that you cannot make payment for Sevis from Nigeria.

I shot a mention and a dm for him , will wait for a reply . Hope he’s genuine?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by jossywayne(m): 6:49pm On Jun 03, 2019
Dipro:
Hello Felizz, please how did you pay your service fee ?? Thanks in advance

Contact Walspring; go to nairaland search bar and type “@walspring” then send him a PM.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by jossywayne(m): 6:50pm On Jun 03, 2019
Kaylhey20:

Okay thanks very much

Which school is paying for ur flight ticket ?
Are you for undergraduate?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Dipro: 7:05pm On Jun 03, 2019
Thank you Jossywayne.

jossywayne:

Contact Walspring; go to nairaland search bar and type “@walspring” then send him a PM.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by cypherz: 7:26pm On Jun 03, 2019
Can nay one recommend any great GRE tutorial center in Lagos mainland. I'm scheduled to write the exam in July and I need all the help I can get.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Ibruks(m): 7:29pm On Jun 03, 2019
Guys, Good evening and Welldone. I would really like to reschedule my appointment initially slated for July. Shebi I wouldn't lose my previous date if I don't get another date even if I had started the process. And also, is there a way to know available dates?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by solihp(f): 8:20pm On Jun 03, 2019
Ibruks:
Guys, Good evening and Welldone. I would really like to reschedule my appointment initially slated for July. Shebi I wouldn't lose my previous date if I don't get another date even if I had started the process. And also, is there a way to know available dates?

If you want to reschedule your appointment, click the "reschedule appointment" button on the lefthand side of your visa page, the available dates would be displayed, check through the available dates to see the one you're like to go with, click the date and press the reschedule button under the calendar. Viola, you have successfully rescheduled your appointment. Kindly note that you can only reschedule once. All the best.

5 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by dreambound(m): 8:59pm On Jun 03, 2019
Ibruks:

I just rescheduled my appointment. Go back to your portal and click reschedule appointment. You would see dates for June 7, 10, 26, and others in July.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Omotomi05: 9:13pm On Jun 03, 2019
Thanks for your contribution however I did GRE
Your point is noted and will work on it before I refire
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by jossywayne(m): 9:14pm On Jun 03, 2019
Those that fill they Ds-160 form today should tell us if their is any available space for the social media stuff implemented by Mr. Trump.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by NewAjala(m): 9:18pm On Jun 03, 2019
Brown2Green:

When you decide to apply to a school, do you choose the school because of their requirements or because of your career plan?

On a normal day, one takes the GRE exams before even applying to schools of interest.
So if you're looking for reasons to take the exams, I did say you're more likely to offset the odds if you take GRE.

You can get recommendations from anyone ( Professional or Academic) that can speak good for you.

I for one didn't use any academic recommendations in all my applications.

Pls concerning this recommendation letter, can it only be from professionals and academic in your degree of interest ? Or can an economist recommend for a biologist? And lastly, can just an Msc holder (an American, was a one time volunteer in my in area) recommend for me?

Sorry for the twist, just want to know your opinion.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Brown2Green(m): 9:27pm On Jun 03, 2019
NewAjala:

Pls concerning this recommendation letter, can it only be from professionals and academic in your degree of interest ? Or can an economist recommend for a biologist? And lastly, can just an Msc holder (an American, was a one time volunteer in my in area) recommend for me?

Sorry for the twist, just want to know your opinion.

Anyone can recommend you.
But you would want to use the best recommendations available because it goes a long way in getting a positive decision.
A non-academic recommender can as well speak expressly about your academic prowess .
Most times , you should prepare the draft to best suit your application and then give to the recommender to send.

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Brown2Green(m): 9:28pm On Jun 03, 2019
jossywayne:
Those that fill they Ds-160 form today should tell us if their is any available space for the social media stuff implemented by Mr. Trump.

Are you sacred?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by NewAjala(m): 9:29pm On Jun 03, 2019
Brown2Green:

Anyone can recommend you.
But you would want to use the best recommendations available because it goes a long way in getting a positive decision.
A non-academic recommender can as well speak expressly about your academic prowess .
Most times , you should prepare the draft to best suit your application and then give to the recommender to send.
Ok, thanks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by naira0(m): 9:30pm On Jun 03, 2019
Omotomi05:
Thanks for your contribution however I did GRE
Your point is noted and will work on it before I refire
You're welcome.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by naira0(m): 9:32pm On Jun 03, 2019
jossywayne:
Let me tell you for FREE that DS forms have been updated to reflect the changes. If you are sure you're social media posts do not violate any/all of the security questions on your DS form, then you have nothing to worry about.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Felizz: 9:32pm On Jun 03, 2019
Hello dipro,

I have a brother in oklahoma state university he paid my sevifee for me..i send the money through western union for him he cash it out then he make the payment .you can't pay the money in nigeria you have to know someone there and now the policy of western union is that you can only send money to private account not corporate account and sevifee is corporate account that is while its is not possible to pay in nigeria

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by dumbiri99(f): 9:53pm On Jun 03, 2019
Is it true your history on us embassy database wipes off after 6 months so it is adviseable to reapply after 6 months if you dont want the vo to see your previous information
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Bracha: 10:06pm On Jun 03, 2019
Then I guess this would serve as a reminder for him to do so, in the case he “forgets”.

Brown2Green:

He is probably waiting for everything to clear out before posting it.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Kaylhey20: 10:24pm On Jun 03, 2019
jossywayne:

Yes, there is.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Nehemiah77: 10:35pm On Jun 03, 2019
Good evening. Please is it okay to go with a SOA I printed on 9th May for my interview on the June 26th?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by dopeboi142: 10:38pm On Jun 03, 2019
Amyfid12:
Good morning lovely people. It's been a week i was denied visa at the US embassy in Abuja. To say i was devastated is an understatement. I thank God for the support system i have in terms of family and friends that encouraged me that all things will work together for my good. I had to come out here to get advice on how i went wrong. I applied to 6 schools, 5 admits and all for Masters in Public health. They offered me admission without funding. I reached out to them but there was no assurance i will be given a GA position. I decided to go for West Chester University, Pennsylvania and the total amount on my I-20 is $29,525. My aunt who resides in US is my sponsor. I prepared well for my interview and ensured my documents were complete. Below is my interview transcript on 24th May:

ME: Good morning
VO: Good morning, pass me your passport and I-20
ME: Sure
VO: Why did you choose this school?
ME: I chose this school because i'm interested in an ongoing research by Prof xxxx on xxxxxxx. Also, the school mandates it's MPH students to complete a 6 credits, 300 hours community service course called Bleep. ( The VO cuts in)
VO: What do you do?
ME: I'm a pharmacist working with xxxxxxxxx
VO: Who is your sponsor?
ME: My aunt by name xxxxxxxxx
VO: types for some seconds and handed a green paper to me, that it will explain my denial of Visa.

All these, didn't last up to 5 minutes. I was shocked because i expected questions on Why US? Why MPH? What are your plans after the MS program? Can i see your SOA? which she didn't ask me.
Please, where did i go wrong? Mind you, i didn't stutter cos i prepared well for this interview. My school starts in August and i don't know what to do.
The question should have been broader I guess “why did you choose this school” tell her/him why you chose US etc.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by jossywayne(m): 10:39pm On Jun 03, 2019
Kaylhey20:

Yes, there is.

Wow this people are serious. Soon they will start asking us to put our Ex details too and state what cause the break up grin grin
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by jossywayne(m): 10:43pm On Jun 03, 2019
Nehemiah77:
Good evening. Please is it okay to go with a SOA I printed on 9th May for my interview on the June 26th?

Yes is okay to go with it, since the SOA isn’t dormant for over 6 months.
Hope the account have the full fund stated on ur
i-20 form?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Nehemiah77: 11:01pm On Jun 03, 2019
jossywayne:

Yes is okay to go with it, since the SOA isn’t dormant for over 6 months.
Hope the account have the full fund stated on ur
i-20 form?

Thank you.Yes the account has the full fund stated on my i20. I got a full tuition waiver. The SOA just covers my deficit
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by jossywayne(m): 11:05pm On Jun 03, 2019
Nehemiah77:

Thank you.Yes the account has the full fund stated on my i20. I got a full tuition waiver. The SOA just covers my deficit

Then your good to go!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by LagosismyHome(f): 11:29pm On Jun 03, 2019
Olumuyiwalasode:
@Lagosismyhome, i sent you an email, kindly respond

The best place to catch me is here ... i hardly check pm
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by lockupman(m): 1:39am On Jun 04, 2019
Guys please can you give me a list of schools where GRE score is optional. I've gotten one already. I need 4 more. Thanks.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by lockupman(m): 1:44am On Jun 04, 2019
Yes you can pay in Naija. I paid through: mysevisfee.com

Felizz:
Hello dipro,

I have a brother in oklahoma state university he paid my sevifee for me..i send the money through western union for him he cash it out then he make the payment .you can't pay the money in nigeria you have to know someone there and now the policy of western union is that you can only send money to private account not corporate account and sevifee is corporate account that is while its is not possible to pay in nigeria
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by lockupman(m): 1:46am On Jun 04, 2019
I paid through mysevisfee.com

Dipro:
Hello Felizz, please how did you pay your service fee ?? Thanks in advance

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by sheke01: 4:33am On Jun 04, 2019
CaptainMarvell:

Hello everyone! This thread has been awesome and really helpful. Thanks y'all. I've been granted admission for my undergraduate program for fall 2019, and I'm currently awaiting my I-20. Concerning this new social media scrutiny policy for visa applicants, what exactly could they be looking for on one's social media and how effective could it be? Because one could easily delete everything implicating on their accounts before the interview�

As part of a training am undergoing, am part of a social media threat hunting team on a crowdWatch program affiliated with ISAO, homeland security, state department OSAC and homeland security Information network (HSIN) and this is what I can say:

The social media threat hunting tools available currently is top notch. Once you submit your usernames, please go and scrub your accounts very very well. Use Facebook security measures to prevent posts you were tagged from appearing on your profile so you don't get tagged in something you are not involved in

These tools will reveal every damn thing about your account. Every post you've ever liked, every comment you've made, all the groups you in, all the pages you've created. On Twitter the tools will display impressions your tweets create, word cloud, hash tag clouds etc

To get an idea of what am saying, play with "socialBearing" a twitter analysis tool and see the wonders it will reveal about the username you are hunting.

Let me stop here before I breach the non disclosure I signed.

22 Likes 5 Shares

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by freshStarz: 5:26am On Jun 04, 2019
lockupman:
Guys please can you give me a list of schools where GRE score is optional. I've gotten one already. I need 4 more. Thanks.

Which one is that pls

(1) (2) (3) ... (518) (519) (520) (521) (522) (523) (524) ... (536)

Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline / DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 / Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.