Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,189 members, 7,818,615 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:54 PM

Bishop Oyedepo: "Being In Church Is A Must To Secure Your Redemption" - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Bishop Oyedepo: "Being In Church Is A Must To Secure Your Redemption" (16890 Views)

Why Daddy Freeze's Mockery Of The MFM Pastor Who Died In Church Is Wrong / I Want To Leave My Father's Deeper Life Church. Is It Right? - Pastor's Daughter / Why Do Pentecostals Believe That Catholic Church Is Not A Bible Believing Church (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Bishop Oyedepo: "Being In Church Is A Must To Secure Your Redemption" by WebSurfer(m): 9:07pm On Aug 12, 2018
Mumu post

1 Like

Re: Bishop Oyedepo: "Being In Church Is A Must To Secure Your Redemption" by ModsareChevres: 9:07pm On Aug 12, 2018
Very true
Re: Bishop Oyedepo: "Being In Church Is A Must To Secure Your Redemption" by sykeng(m): 9:07pm On Aug 12, 2018
ok
Re: Bishop Oyedepo: "Being In Church Is A Must To Secure Your Redemption" by abbeyty(m): 9:07pm On Aug 12, 2018
Why would you miss church when the money keeps rolling in?

2 Likes

Re: Bishop Oyedepo: "Being In Church Is A Must To Secure Your Redemption" by 369x: 9:08pm On Aug 12, 2018
wink
Vustaqueen:
all of you are scammers using religion to cover face undecided

Meanwhile, you all should please check my signature...thanks
My sister, you are gone
Vustaqueen, I say, you are gone.

na joke oo aunty
Once again, Vustaqueen, I was only joking.
wink
Vustaqueen:

My sister, you are gone
Vustaqueen, I say, you are gone.

na joke oo aunty
Once again, Vustaqueen, I was only joking.
Re: Bishop Oyedepo: "Being In Church Is A Must To Secure Your Redemption" by Glink2018(m): 9:09pm On Aug 12, 2018
badmrkt:
They have come again. Shey you be spokesman for heaven matters.? There is no where in the Bible where it is written that you must be in church to guarantee your salvation. I like church ooo, but I'm not sure its a straight up ticket for salvation...

Hebrews 10:25 Not forsaking the assembling of ourselves together, as the manner of some is; but exhorting one another: and so much the more, as ye see the day approaching.
Even those believers that never forsake the assembly of themselves are still having issue with their spiritual growth talkless of you skipping church service...

2 Likes

Re: Bishop Oyedepo: "Being In Church Is A Must To Secure Your Redemption" by jbrodaly(m): 9:11pm On Aug 12, 2018
Where did he get this from? 9ja made pastors make una fear God o!

1 Like

Re: Bishop Oyedepo: "Being In Church Is A Must To Secure Your Redemption" by sykeng(m): 9:12pm On Aug 12, 2018
we are all men of God, I am closer to my God than any pastor, I talk to my God direct.

Any pastor/ imam that wants to play a fast one on me I wish you good luck.

1 Like

Re: Bishop Oyedepo: "Being In Church Is A Must To Secure Your Redemption" by Franking: 9:12pm On Aug 12, 2018
Redemption from what? Abegi! Come and carry me to church na.
Re: Bishop Oyedepo: "Being In Church Is A Must To Secure Your Redemption" by Franking: 9:14pm On Aug 12, 2018
Glink2018:

Hebrews 10:25 Not forsaking the assembling of ourselves together, as the manner of some is; but exhorting one another: and so much the more, as ye see the day approaching.
Even those believers that never forsake the assembly of themselves are still having issue with their spiritual growth talkless of you skipping church service...

Pack ur load and goan live in the church na.

2 Likes

Re: Bishop Oyedepo: "Being In Church Is A Must To Secure Your Redemption" by Franking: 9:17pm On Aug 12, 2018
Omoluabi9:
LOL!

If he really said that, that's a BIG FAT LIE!

The "assembling together of yourselves" doesn't necessarily mean within the four walls of a Church building.

Many are going to Church but are more like the devil than Jesus.

Thank God, I don't fall for the emotional blackmail of so called Men of God/Pastors.

It's all about manipulation to maintain control.

Too much sense no go kee u.
Re: Bishop Oyedepo: "Being In Church Is A Must To Secure Your Redemption" by Buffalowings3(m): 9:17pm On Aug 12, 2018
As fantastic as the op is, I still couldn't bring myself to his revolting beliefs. grin
He is a religious nutjob.

1 Like

Re: Bishop Oyedepo: "Being In Church Is A Must To Secure Your Redemption" by Akpacha(m): 9:18pm On Aug 12, 2018
Today! U guys just making money from brainwashed fellas.
Re: Bishop Oyedepo: "Being In Church Is A Must To Secure Your Redemption" by Nukilia: 9:18pm On Aug 12, 2018
JADEK01:
you are far from the truth, if you stay away a little from church, Satan can strike because he always look for loophole

DOCTRINE OF FEAR!

3 Likes

Re: Bishop Oyedepo: "Being In Church Is A Must To Secure Your Redemption" by sykeng(m): 9:18pm On Aug 12, 2018
Glink2018:

keep shut, No doubt God exist but religion was carved out by sound minds, the white gave us this religion but do we really practice it like them? western world so much believe in love.
Re: Bishop Oyedepo: "Being In Church Is A Must To Secure Your Redemption" by mightyleks(m): 9:18pm On Aug 12, 2018
Many People are just ignorant.

That's what I observe in most post

1 Like

Re: Bishop Oyedepo: "Being In Church Is A Must To Secure Your Redemption" by mightyleks(m): 9:20pm On Aug 12, 2018
Akpacha:
Today! U guys just making money from brainwashed fellas.

Don't you like money.... try brainwash too let's see how easy it is
Re: Bishop Oyedepo: "Being In Church Is A Must To Secure Your Redemption" by Rebuke: 9:21pm On Aug 12, 2018
Vustaqueen:

Smh. I pity yhur life sha.
Re: Bishop Oyedepo: "Being In Church Is A Must To Secure Your Redemption" by koolaid87: 9:25pm On Aug 12, 2018
Then maybe y'll should stop the tithe and seed madness

You invite them in the name of redemption and end up slaying their pocket

1 Like

Re: Bishop Oyedepo: "Being In Church Is A Must To Secure Your Redemption" by semyman: 9:29pm On Aug 12, 2018
Tithes and offerings can only be collected when you are available
Re: Bishop Oyedepo: "Being In Church Is A Must To Secure Your Redemption" by omojeesu(m): 9:31pm On Aug 12, 2018
Jesus by His sufferings, death and resurrection secured our salvation.

But what I believe the Bishop is saying is that we believers should not forsake the assembly of one another so that we can sharpen and encourage and support one another.

Church is family. When someone leaves the family of God he's at risk of exposure to the world and its god, Satan.

Believers need each other. We are sheep and we should stay together with our Shepherd, Jesus, otherwise get attacked by the wolves of this world.

Jesus is Lord!!

1 Like

Re: Bishop Oyedepo: "Being In Church Is A Must To Secure Your Redemption" by MaziOmenuko: 9:31pm On Aug 12, 2018
JADEK01:
you are far from the truth, if you stay away a little from church, Satan can strike because he always look for loophole

Satan has been striking people right inside the church and they die instantly. Should I mention the church collapse at uyo, or the boko haram attacks where Christians are slaughtered regularly?

Satan is not your problem bro, religion is the problem.

1 Like

Re: Bishop Oyedepo: "Being In Church Is A Must To Secure Your Redemption" by Nobody: 9:42pm On Aug 12, 2018
Church weh don even tire me to de go.

That same place is where you'll find the highest sets of hypocrites.

You mustn't be a Christian or Muslim to make heaven, you just have to live right..

In my next world (if there's ever going to be one), I just want to be in a society where people live right, not where there are Christians or muslims. Those two religions are just nonsense..

Plus, living Faith no be church, na business enterprise. Church weh na youths plenty pass that one na church? Brothers and sisters meeting to discuss how to fvck. Example ""Winners Corpers Fellowship""

4 Likes

Re: Bishop Oyedepo: "Being In Church Is A Must To Secure Your Redemption" by badmrkt(m): 9:43pm On Aug 12, 2018
Glink2018:

assembly here is not referring to a particular building or place. So i should abandon my house and move to church cause the devil no Sabi road to church abi?
Re: Bishop Oyedepo: "Being In Church Is A Must To Secure Your Redemption" by djon78(m): 9:43pm On Aug 12, 2018
sykeng:

keep shut, No doubt God exist but religion was carved out by sound minds, the white gave us this religion but do we really practice it like them? western world so much believe in love.

He gave you the Bible passage that backed what bishop was saying. You change topic.
Coming to church has its benefits.

When I was growing up, back in the east. during one service, our pastor was asking about one sister. But she was not in service. This sister was a big time business hustler. Doing supply business, always on the road. She had money.

Not two days after that Sunday, that sister went for business. She was in a vehicle with her supply driver. The bus was packed. A big truck failed brake and crushed that lady and her driver. It was very sad. That ladies death and one other friend s death are two death that I still mourn up till today.
Coming to church God's presence is highly made manifest because many believers are in one place. There is a corporate anointing present.

Another lady who was ss genotype got her genotype changed to AA in a corporate service. The funny thing was that the lady was even cursing God tin the service, she was bitter because of her condition, always sick God healed her. She didn't know. She just went to her personal hospital and her personal doctor noticed it via test. Confusion broke out because the hospital knew her SS case. It was shocking. That was how that lady till today is a seasoned believer
Re: Bishop Oyedepo: "Being In Church Is A Must To Secure Your Redemption" by djon78(m): 9:45pm On Aug 12, 2018
When Christians gather there is a corporate anointing available. Than when a Christian is alone.
Re: Bishop Oyedepo: "Being In Church Is A Must To Secure Your Redemption" by omojeesu(m): 9:46pm On Aug 12, 2018
MaziOmenuko:

Satan has been striking people right inside the church and they die instantly. Should I mention the church collapse at uyo, or the boko haram attacks where Christians are slaughtered regularly?

Satan is not your problem bro, religion is the problem.

Church IS NOT, HAS NEVER BEEN & WILL NEVER BE a building, an organisation or location as we have redefined it. Church is family of God anywhere and everywhere. Jesus has simplified "church" as where and when 2 or 3 are gathered in His name be it some home, building, in prison, desert, bush, etc.

We don't go to church. We don't join a church. We are Church!

Jesus is Saviour of the Church = the assembly of God's people. The Church does not nor can save anyone.
Re: Bishop Oyedepo: "Being In Church Is A Must To Secure Your Redemption" by Tomxy7: 9:47pm On Aug 12, 2018
what hapen to lazarus and rich man wil one day hapene to some people wether u like it or no hell is real and heaven is real.
Re: Bishop Oyedepo: "Being In Church Is A Must To Secure Your Redemption" by Nobody: 9:55pm On Aug 12, 2018
djon78:

Not two days after that Sunday, that sister went for business. She was in a vehicle with her supply driver. The bus was packed. A big truck failed brake and crushed that lady and her driver. It was very sad. That ladies death and one other friend s death are two death that I still mourn up till today.
Coming to church God's presence is highly made manifest because many believers are in one place.

So all the people that were in church that day are still alive? That was just her destined way to die. What then can you say about those that died in the church as a result of suicide bombings? Going or not going to church doesn't play a single role in how long people live on earth. So your point doesn't hold water

5 Likes

Re: Bishop Oyedepo: "Being In Church Is A Must To Secure Your Redemption" by lonelydora: 9:56pm On Aug 12, 2018
Vustaqueen:

Stop saying what you don't know. Don't attract God's wrath on yourself
Re: Bishop Oyedepo: "Being In Church Is A Must To Secure Your Redemption" by TheUbermensch: 10:05pm On Aug 12, 2018
Being in Church"

I won't take that literal.

The church is the body of all Christians you see.

So I feel he means keeping in touch with one another.

But if you're telling me redemption is not guaranteed unless you go to one building every Sunday morning then you're not in the right frame of mind.

So many abuses in churches today. the sanest thing to do is to maintain a distance.

4 Likes

Re: Bishop Oyedepo: "Being In Church Is A Must To Secure Your Redemption" by Nobody: 10:06pm On Aug 12, 2018
HigherEd:
In 49 years since I was saved I have not missed Church on sunday up to 7 times.

In our early days, Emmanuel, one of our members was absent for 3 weeks. When he resurfaced, I said ‘Emmanuel, you are gone’ he said ‘No sir’. I said again ‘Emmanuel, you are gone’. One of the pastors tried to intervene and give an excuse for him. I said ‘No, Emmanuel, I say you are gone’. Suddenly Emmanuel started crying, ‘yes sir, it’s true, I met some friends and even started drinking’.

Just three weeks out of Church and he had gone astray. Praise God, Today he is a pastor in this Commission.

Being in church is a must for anyone to secure his redemption.

Bishop David Oyedepo

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=1437297313080802&id=444807728996437

He's simply dragging people to church so that he can collect money from them.

Jesus never went to church till he died.

Jesus was never a Christian.

Jesus never told anyone to go to church or open a church in his name.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Is Abortion Advisable? / Don't Joke With Prophecies / Pastor Chris Floats Airline, TV Station & Fast Food Outlet

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.