Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,164 members, 7,838,981 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 11:57 AM

BREAKING: APC Floors PDP, Wins Bauchi Senatorial By-election - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / BREAKING: APC Floors PDP, Wins Bauchi Senatorial By-election (20998 Views)

Atiku Wins Bauchi State Presidential Election / APC Floors PDP, NNPP, LP At Shettima’s Polling Unit / APC Floors PDP, Wins Davido’s Uncle Seat In Osun (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: BREAKING: APC Floors PDP, Wins Bauchi Senatorial By-election by Tareq1105: 10:01pm On Aug 12, 2018
odiks:
Again...... Is my eyes deceiving me?

Mr. Gumau, a member of the House of Representatives, polled a total of 119,489 votes beating his closest rival, Ladan Salihu of the APC who polled 50,256 votes.

Reading out the collated results, Mr Fadam, a professor, said the

“ADC received 1754 votes.”

“APC received 119,489 votes.”

“APP eceived 11,717 votes.”

“DA got 467 votes.”

“GPN received 33, 079 votes.”

“KP received 240 votes.”

“MMN received 429 votes.”

“MPN received 322 votes.”

“NNPP received 22,896 votes.”

“PDC received 1,203 votes.”

“PDP received 50,256 votes.”

“SDP received 3,800 votes.”

He said a total of 256,763 votes were cast, out of which 245,652 were valid and 11,111 invalid.

“That Lawan Yahaya Gumau, having fulfilled all the requirements of the law and scored the highest votes, is hereby declared as returned,” Mr Fadam said.

And PDP could not secure 25% of the votes cast

50256 * 100
---------- ----- === 19.57% {For Total votes cast}
256,763 * 1

Or

50256 * 100
---------- ----- === 20.5% {For Total Valid votes}
245,652 * 1

Son Misau wouldn't return to the Senate. I'm happy I told him before hand

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: BREAKING: APC Floors PDP, Wins Bauchi Senatorial By-election by Tareq1105: 10:07pm On Aug 12, 2018
odiks:
Again...... Is my eyes deceiving me?

Mr. Gumau, a member of the House of Representatives, polled a total of 119,489 votes beating his closest rival, Ladan Salihu of the APC who polled 50,256 votes.

Reading out the collated results, Mr Fadam, a professor, said the

“ADC received 1754 votes.”

“APC received 119,489 votes.”

“APP eceived 11,717 votes.”

“DA got 467 votes.”

“GPN received 33, 079 votes.”

“KP received 240 votes.”

“MMN received 429 votes.”

“MPN received 322 votes.”

“NNPP received 22,896 votes.”

“PDC received 1,203 votes.”

“PDP received 50,256 votes.”

“SDP received 3,800 votes.”

He said a total of 256,763 votes were cast, out of which 245,652 were valid and 11,111 invalid.

“That Lawan Yahaya Gumau, having fulfilled all the requirements of the law and scored the highest votes, is hereby declared as returned,” Mr Fadam said.

And PDP could not secure 25% of the votes cast

50256 * 100
---------- ----- === 19.57% {For Total votes cast}
256,763 * 1

Or

50256 * 100
---------- ----- === 20.5% {For Total Valid votes}
245,652 * 1

Son Misau wouldn't return to the Senate. I'm happy I told him before hand.

Pdp and mouth.

3 Likes

Re: BREAKING: APC Floors PDP, Wins Bauchi Senatorial By-election by olajizz01(m): 10:18pm On Aug 12, 2018
mknigeriagreat:

Osun case is totally different. I am from osun and what is playing out is as a result of aregbeaola's economy policies that has dipped the state into poverty. The outcome of the gubernatorial election in that state will have nothing to do with a party but individual. On a fair ground, the masses don't want aregbeaola again that was why it was easy for Adeleke to defect to pdp and still won. The truth is Adeleke looks like the next osun governor but even if he wins under the pdp umbrella, I am 100% sure not mixing words up that Buhari will still win in osun come the presidential election. My thoughts and calculations though. My own desire is for Adeleke to win as the governor though. Osun state is a Civil service state with little or no IGR. If salaries ain't paid, the government doesn't get a huge tax and IGR drops. What aregbesola hasn't done in almost eight years is to increase the IGR of that state. The debt is another major concern I just hope Adeleke wins and efcc can look into how he manged the state funds for 8 years. Accountability matters in good governance and he lacks it as an individual.
I thought PDP will field credit candidate in the governorship poll,which might have gave the party hope of winning,but fielding Adeleke that have no plan for his life talkless for the state,PDP should forget about winning the poll,moreover pdp votes has been divided in osun west senatorial district,iwo will vote for Moshood Adeoti,Fatai Akinbade as well from osun west,Omisore also have his own supporter as well.Aregbe did his best to the state if not the issue of half salaries and refusal to choose aspirant from osun west,Adeleke as well has alot of deficients and crisis in their party which is yet to be resolve.Although the debt is a burden,but he has something to show for it.

3 Likes

Re: BREAKING: APC Floors PDP, Wins Bauchi Senatorial By-election by gtown: 10:18pm On Aug 12, 2018
naijapips04:
PDP over 40% vote in the North.

2019 would be one hell of an election.
Do the maths; given the total votes cast, PDP did not get 25% even
Re: BREAKING: APC Floors PDP, Wins Bauchi Senatorial By-election by apolonius(m): 10:29pm On Aug 12, 2018
JusticeSeeker:
These three LGAs he represents are Christian dominated that's why he will still win on religious affiliation.

Even when he could only deliver one for the PDP?Na wao for you o.

3 Likes

Re: BREAKING: APC Floors PDP, Wins Bauchi Senatorial By-election by Nobody: 10:36pm On Aug 12, 2018
mknigeriagreat:

Osun case is totally different. I am from osun and what is playing out is as a result of aregbeaola's economy policies that has dipped the state into poverty. The outcome of the gubernatorial election in that state will have nothing to do with a party but individual. On a fair ground, the masses don't want aregbeaola again that was why it was easy for Adeleke to defect to pdp and still won. The truth is Adeleke looks like the next osun governor but even if he wins under the pdp umbrella, I am 100% sure not mixing words up that Buhari will still win in osun come the presidential election. My thoughts and calculations though. My own desire is for Adeleke to win as the governor though. Osun state is a Civil service state with little or no IGR. If salaries ain't paid, the government doesn't get a huge tax and IGR drops. What aregbesola hasn't done in almost eight years is to increase the IGR of that state. The debt is another major concern I just hope Adeleke wins and efcc can look into how he manged the state funds for 8 years. Accountability matters in good governance and he lacks it as an individual.

Your analysis is based on your expectation that Adeleke wins the election which is a wishful thinking but not a reality. Adeleke can never win that election. On the IGR, Adeleke cannot do anything. Increasing Osun IGR involves bringing investors to invest in agriculture ,manufacturing & solid minerals.. Iyiola Omisore would have fared better in these areas but luck has never been on his side despite heavy commitment since Abacha regime.

For your information, Ijesa will not vote for Adeleke, Ife will not vote for Adeleke. The sympathy vote of late Isiaka Adeleke which benefitted his brother & the support of Omisore would not be there. While Ede area is sure for Adeleke, Oyinlola 's candidate under ADC & baba bisi Akande support for APC coupled with Omisore on another party have already scattered the voting pattern. At the end APC would win. PDP is just day dreaming with that senatorial election.

1 Like

Re: BREAKING: APC Floors PDP, Wins Bauchi Senatorial By-election by olajizz01(m): 11:20pm On Aug 12, 2018
contigiency:
I don't have much to say now until after osun gubernatorial election because my friends here are saying that it is where PDP will show their real worth.
PDP has very slim chances in osun,their candidate is bad market to other senatorial district,
s,votes of osun west the party is banking on is the smallest of other two senatorial district and has been divided as well,Iwo will vote for Adeoti,ede,Ademola Adeleke,APC deputy ejigbo all from osun west,l am from osun central,no matter the imposition in APC,nobody can win Aregbe in Ilesha and the capital Osogbo because of the good work he did there,they love him die in Osogbo.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: BREAKING: APC Floors PDP, Wins Bauchi Senatorial By-election by donqx: 1:01am On Aug 13, 2018
ohhh
Re: BREAKING: APC Floors PDP, Wins Bauchi Senatorial By-election by seguno2: 1:44am On Aug 13, 2018
madridguy:
May God keep PMB alive beyond 2019.

So you know that the old soldier needs prayers to stay alive in addition to the expensive oyinbo doctors in London?
Going to London for treatment after banning government officials from doing the same?
Going to London for treatment despite billions in budget to Aso Rock clinic more than all Teaching hospitals combined?
Is Buhari not a fraudulently corrupt person who is deceiving many into thinking that he is a saint like Abacha his looter idol
Re: BREAKING: APC Floors PDP, Wins Bauchi Senatorial By-election by pensator: 2:49am On Aug 13, 2018
Buhari name is just a phenomenon... I love him dearly. 2023 is a done deal.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: BREAKING: APC Floors PDP, Wins Bauchi Senatorial By-election by Nobody: 3:07am On Aug 13, 2018
These people will not learn from suffering. Well, ...
Re: BREAKING: APC Floors PDP, Wins Bauchi Senatorial By-election by proudevil: 6:17am On Aug 13, 2018
kahal29:

To defeat him will be very easy. Since he represents 3 LGA - Dass/Balewa/Bogoro constituency, all APC needs to do is to field somebody from either Balewa or Dass since he has been denying these LGAs a chance of representation for over 12 years now, play the religious card since he is a Christian in midst of Muslims and I tell you his name will be sorry in the next election.
Another jagaban in the making.......

Re: BREAKING: APC Floors PDP, Wins Bauchi Senatorial By-election by agarawu23(m): 7:22am On Aug 13, 2018
I can see the burukuku sipping goro chewing buhari packing HUGE votes as usual from the north in 2019. shocked

This result has sent a warning message to dogara.
Re: BREAKING: APC Floors PDP, Wins Bauchi Senatorial By-election by Walelavender(m): 9:00am On Aug 13, 2018
ibro2040:
No. There are Christians there but they are not the predominant religion. Muslims still predominates there. He can't win any election. The cancelled votes is nearly equal to the valid votes. That is done to enable him win the local government. He is,politically, a goner
Don't let us throw religious banter. I'm in no way rooting for Dogara. Just stating the obvious. Without mincing words, if he decamps today to PDP he might be losing his seat to any APC candidate presented- irrespective of the religion. Christians are absolutely in the minority in Bauchi state. That is why the a person like Dogara can't be voted in as governor
Re: BREAKING: APC Floors PDP, Wins Bauchi Senatorial By-election by CofOLandOfPeace(m): 3:34pm On Aug 13, 2018
2019 elections gaming has began. Dogara cannot claim not to know about this though he hasn't officially defected.
Please check signature in blue below and get in touch!!!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Isa Yuguda Leaves PDP / Boko Haram Engages Fishermen As Boat Operators After Abducting Them. Photos / Senate Tells Yahoo Boys To Use Their Talents Legitimately

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.