Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,147 members, 7,818,446 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:00 PM

New Nigeria Police Force Uniforms - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / New Nigeria Police Force Uniforms (31313 Views)

OPC, Ex-militants In Military Uniforms To Attack Opposition – APC / Nigeria Army To Get New Uniforms / Escape Of Kabiru Sokoto: Zakari Biu Dismissed From Nigeria Police Force (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: New Nigeria Police Force Uniforms by Jalal(m): 11:31am On Apr 02, 2007
Hey those uniforms look familiar!! Hope say no be the discarded second hand uniforms of the boys in blue. U.S Cops
Re: New Nigeria Police Force Uniforms by paulseun(m): 12:52pm On Apr 02, 2007
no matter the change of uniform they cant perform there functions well
Re: New Nigeria Police Force Uniforms by pisces20: 2:15pm On Apr 02, 2007
hmm Naija

is it that they didn't see anything better to do to the Nigerian police other than changing their uniforms. gov't shld pls try and look for a way to make them more effective and not more good looking. imagine last night thieves went to rob computer village and were shooting and disturbing us from our precious sleep, instead of the police to try and stop the robbery, they went on hiding only to come out and start making noise after the thieves had finished their operation.

IT'S A SHAME!!!
Re: New Nigeria Police Force Uniforms by yaalepeter(m): 3:22pm On Apr 02, 2007
can we see the uniform. please.
Re: New Nigeria Police Force Uniforms by kelvin(m): 5:14pm On Apr 02, 2007
Changing the police uniforms dosen't change anything, but its a step in the right direction. The black and black to many Nigerians has been a symbol of horror rather than relief. Though there are many more important things for the government and police to be bothered with, I advice they both use the opportunity the new uniforms avails them to change the image of the police, so it doesn't become a case of an old wine in a new bottle.
Re: New Nigeria Police Force Uniforms by 9ja4eva: 6:46pm On Apr 02, 2007
Nah people for once i know this will be the start of new things in the police force.
Re: New Nigeria Police Force Uniforms by Coleslove: 7:46pm On Apr 02, 2007
naijafresh:

@coleslove

Damilola Taylor was not killed by his classmates
He was killed by local school dropouts who tried to bully him on his way back from school

Dont spread rumours and give his classmates a bad name
YOU were not even there and have probably never been to Peckham before

Get your facts right! Next you will be telling us who killed Anna Nicole Smith (if you know who she is that is)

You owe his classmates an apology, Rumour Monger!

and stick to the script too, Nigeria police uniforms have nothing to do with Damilola Taylor

angry

Bla-bla-bla. How dare you!!! Just read over what you have just posted? He was killed by drop outs who wanted to bully him. For what reasons if i may ask? What has he got to do with drop outs that would warrant the stab that was inflicted on him? You should reason along with your hands when typing. Now talking about Nigerian Police issue not related to this. If the British Policing system was that good like you claim to be and defend as a squater there my Nigerian Brother would not have been killed because he was so brilliant. On a final note. I actually don't know where Abuja Airport is, less talk of Peckham. Can you invite me there Prove your stance
Re: New Nigeria Police Force Uniforms by Coleslove: 7:49pm On Apr 02, 2007
@ OV. embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed No comments
Re: New Nigeria Police Force Uniforms by 9ja4eva: 10:09pm On Apr 02, 2007
Go Police!!!!Go Police Go
Re: New Nigeria Police Force Uniforms by Pain(m): 11:27pm On Apr 02, 2007
The Ploice is Re-branding. Ever heard about the power of branding?

I think in terms of image, it should help a bit. The next step should be re-orientation. Altho the latter should have preceded the change in uniforms.

Nevertheless, its a step forward. The old uniform was a shame, an offshoot of the "Dark" days of the Babangida Era.

Lets usher in a new era. The change has a spiritual significance too.
Re: New Nigeria Police Force Uniforms by Rogo: 11:59am On Apr 03, 2007
i don't like the change of uniform, i want change of discharge of services and attitudes of the police
Re: New Nigeria Police Force Uniforms by naijafresh: 12:44pm On Apr 03, 2007
@coleslove

I can see from your posts that you are the type of person who has a lot to say about nothing, Especially things you don't even have the foggiest idea about.

It is plain to see you are the type of person who gives the most vivid account of an event that took place when you weren't even born or nowhere near, for what ever twisted reason a megalomaniac like you can only understand

If you don't know the facts dont' make them up
It is a known fact that school dropouts hang around schools and council estates roaming around in gangs which prey on pupils, and other vulnerable peeople in the area who are too scared to tell the authorities.
The boys who killed Damilola Taylor (may his soul rest in peace) belonged to a local gang, many members of this gang are still at large protected by the very society they prey on

By the way, I can write you an invitation latter, send you a ticket and even organise a taxi and a guide to take you to the airport, but i am sure on arrival at Heathrow airport when they start to ask you routine questions instead of a simple 'yes' or 'no' with a smile of one who knows when one is trying to do their job.
You will puff up your chest, boast about who you are, where you are from, how much better you are than everyone else and start to ask your own questions, giving them information which they didn't request in the first place with a display of arrogance and immaturity only your type can muster

You are obviously suffering from lack of exposure

For your type,  Get a life!

Nuff said!
Re: New Nigeria Police Force Uniforms by Coleslove: 3:38pm On Apr 03, 2007
naijafresh:

@coleslove

I can see from your posts that you are the type of person who has a lot to say about nothing, Especially things you don't even have the foggiest idea about.

It is plain to see you are the type of person who gives the most vivid account of an event that took place when you weren't even born or nowhere near, for what ever twisted reason a megalomaniac like you can only understand

If you don't know the facts don't' make them up
It is a known fact that school dropouts hang around schools and council estates roaming around in gangs which prey on pupils, and other vulnerable peeople in the area who are too scared to tell the authorities.
The boys who killed Damilola Taylor (may his soul rest in peace) belonged to a local gang, many members of this gang are still at large protected by the very society they prey on

By the way, I can write you an invitation latter, send you a ticket and even organise a taxi and a guide to take you to the airport, but i am sure on arrival at Heathrow airport when they start to ask you routine questions instead of a simple 'yes' or 'no' with a smile of one who knows when one is trying to do their job.
You will puff up your chest, boast about who you are, where you are from, how much better you are than everyone else and start to ask your own questions, giving them information which they didn't request in the first place with a display of arrogance and immaturity only your type can muster

You are obviously suffering from lack of exposure

For your type,  Get a life!

Nuff said!

tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue Huuuuuuu i feel intimidated. When was the last time you had a flight in and out of UK you claimed to be. When one can as well tell such lies about being Benin. While you live in a slum with one cybercafe around. I can see that you are too exposed about events/happenings. I wonder why you have not used your exposures to add value to your life. Come on, wake up boy. This talks of yours shows one's true level of EXPOSURE indeed. [s]Silence is enough answer to a fool[/s]. I rest my case with you.

You left me no choice brother.
Re: New Nigeria Police Force Uniforms by naijafresh: 3:57pm On Apr 03, 2007
@coleslove

When a man comes across a dog barking in the street he does not stop to bark back at the dog

Nuff said!
Re: New Nigeria Police Force Uniforms by naijafresh: 4:00pm On Apr 03, 2007
@all

Back to topic
when are these new uniforms going to be launched

I would like to see new equipment and a better pay & welfare package to go along with the new uniforms too

Whats this i hear about the NPF going on strike, does the Nigerian constitution allow this?

In the UK, the poilice are not allowed to strike as that would lead to complete anarchy

This shows the NPF are at breaking point

We need to support our police force in order to achieve change in society
Re: New Nigeria Police Force Uniforms by Coleslove: 4:15pm On Apr 03, 2007
Hmmm, a message sounds like a changed boy Man. God bless Nigeria. My homeland.
Re: New Nigeria Police Force Uniforms by Gheorghe(m): 4:38pm On Apr 03, 2007
lets pray the change of uniform gives the NPF a new sense of sevice,dedication and direction and won't have to go the way of others like NEPA - got worse after change of name sad sad sad sad
The uniforms looks ok, just imagining how it will look like when definitely it starts  fadeing
Re: New Nigeria Police Force Uniforms by Mamajama(m): 5:13pm On Apr 03, 2007
New uniform is good maybe all the criminals using police uniform to perpetrate their crime will have to start thinking of something else.
Re: New Nigeria Police Force Uniforms by Coleslove: 5:27pm On Apr 03, 2007
MAMAJAMA:

New uniform is good maybe all the criminals using police uniform to perpetrate their crime will have to start thinking of something else.

undecided undecided undecidedAnd that could be true. You just spoke out their thoughts
Re: New Nigeria Police Force Uniforms by 9ja4eva: 7:08am On Apr 04, 2007
MAMAJAMA:

Yes oh.Who knows dey might decide to be on mufti.Nice Uniform.
Re: New Nigeria Police Force Uniforms by adeboo(f): 12:40pm On Apr 04, 2007
Its about flaming time they have decided o get new uniforms for the Nigerian Police force.

Their uniforms have always been something of a joke to me and something i enjoy seeing when am in Nija (it makes me laugh so hard i wet maself) when you se different kinda shades of uniform and their shoes are just in another zone.

At least we know that this will be the official police colour cause there are too many people out there on the streets parading themselves as law enforcement agents and we dont even no who they are.
Re: New Nigeria Police Force Uniforms by azorjiu(m): 1:01pm On Apr 04, 2007
MAMAJAMA:

Is it difficult for criminals to change uniform? Is the new uniform with some sorts of security hologram?
Re: New Nigeria Police Force Uniforms by Obamedo: 1:28pm On Apr 04, 2007
I doubt if there are any security features on the uniform, all security features can be beaten anyway

I don't think it will make a difference though, Remember they carry ID cards but who has ever seen a police officers ID unless he is about to get a beating from another law enforcement officer or their best friends, the soldiers

Even carrying a gun and wearing the uniform doesnt make one relax on sighting an officer, he may be off duty and moonlighting as an armed robber!
Re: New Nigeria Police Force Uniforms by justin04(m): 2:47pm On Apr 04, 2007
Last time i was in nigeria, I saw policemen wearing slippers. Does this new uniform include shoes? Don't know how it will boost the morale of the police sha, they need pay raise and to be paid regularly. I am sure one tailor is happy to get this contract.
Re: New Nigeria Police Force Uniforms by Mamajama(m): 5:20pm On Apr 04, 2007
People can lie too much. where have u ever seen policemen wearing slippers?
Re: New Nigeria Police Force Uniforms by Coleslove: 9:23pm On Apr 04, 2007
justin04:

Last time i was in nigeria, I saw policemen wearing slippers. Does this new uniform include shoes? Don't know how it will boost the morale of the police sha, they need pay raise and to be paid regularly. I am sure one tailor is happy to get this contract.

Never saw that myself too. Policemen not Policeman? I wonder where that happened, may be an exageration lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: New Nigeria Police Force Uniforms by debosky(m): 10:43pm On Apr 04, 2007
he said he saw it, why doubt him? if policemen can take off their uniforms and hide when armed robbers are around, then wearing slippers on duty is not beyond them.

I hope this is a beginning of true transformation, not just whitewashing/contract award for the tailors cheesy
Re: New Nigeria Police Force Uniforms by Nobody: 2:56am On Apr 05, 2007
MAMAJAMA:

Na lie o,it will only cost them money and a few days to sow new police uniforms (that is if it's not real police themselves that are perpetrating the evil) cheesy cheesy cheesy. Besides, they can always get the new uniforms from their partners in crime (members of the naija police themselves) grin grin grin.

I just hope they'll be able to maintain the blue color considering that some of them don't get to wash their black all weather uniforms for weeks lipsrsealed
Re: New Nigeria Police Force Uniforms by SeyiToba: 8:04am On Apr 05, 2007
[color=#000099][/color]well, let's just pray that as uniform changes,attitude to work changes as well
Re: New Nigeria Police Force Uniforms by 9ja4eva: 8:28am On Apr 05, 2007
When wld dey start wearing it officially?
Re: New Nigeria Police Force Uniforms by chidichris(m): 9:43am On Apr 05, 2007
very good move at a very wrong time.
nigerian police could been seen as a total failure under this administration at least one can confirm that in history, the security of the country comes to question if the robbers can operate for five hours in a particular scene without fear of the security agents, it means there is not police.
if there is any change the police need now, it is not their uniform as we all know that even if we dress them in an immaculate white, as long as they are still standing on our bad roads, seating in dirty stations and living in all these horrible jungles we call baracks(ooficers mess), they are still going to be the same dirty group.
the authorities know too well what they are doing, provide the police with gardgets, promote their standard of living and improve their working conditions and you will see that the rejected uniform is as good as the new one.
they are only going to represent a painted grave with the pockets enlarged to accommodate more roggers.
the nation out of wicked and selfish reasons, have decided to go after shadows leaving the main objects.
let the big fools at the top tell us that in all their travels abroad, they don't see other police men.
Re: New Nigeria Police Force Uniforms by Backslider(m): 10:18am On Apr 05, 2007
There is the need for the police to be properly dressed. but it should not stop there.

The orientation of the police should be absolutely different. We have a wrong notion of what a police service should be.

The Police should be the following

1) A 100% civil core
2) It should be 90% preventive i.e We should not have a police man waiting in the dark for a crime to occur.
3) You must have Local Policing ( non Armed) This will serve as Reconnaissance for a FEDERAL POLIC Team.
4) SSS levers Could be trained by the States to form

a) SANITATION POLICE
b) TRAFFIC POLICE
c) LOCAL INTELLIGENCE GATHERING
d) CRIME PREVENTION SIMPLE PATROL TEAM WITH COMMUNICATION HEADS

5) THERE SHOULD BE CORRECTIONAL FACILITY

Because you have a steady supply of SSS leavers you can move the ones that will be interested in this "Voluntary" Police Core and Pay them a Stippen.

We have intelligent people in Nigeria but They are busy trying to Make a living so the problems are not solved. We need to use The people we have to begin to solve the problem

WE HAVE TO BEGIN TO TRUST OURSELVES AS A PEOPLE IF NOT NOBODY WILL TRUST US.

WE MAY CONDEMN EACH OTHER AND SAY THAT THERE IS NOTHING GOOD WILL EVER COME OUT OF NIGERIA BUT WE ARE THE ONES THAT ARE NIGERIANS.

I BELIEVE THAT THE UNIFORMS SHOULD BE WHITE BECAUSE OF THE SUN IN NIGERIA. WE NEED TO TRUST THE PEOPLE WE HAVE AS CITIZEN.

MOST AFRICAN LEADERS ARE KNOWN NOT TO TRUST THEIR PEOPLE. THE FACT IS THAT WE DON'T TRUST EACH OTHER THAT WE CAN TAKE CARE OF EACH OTHER.

WE NEED LOCAL INTELLIGENCE BECAUSE FOR A ROBBER TO STEAL AND BE INVINCIBLE HE ALSO NEEDS A LOCAL INFO GATHERING.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Boko Haram Beheads One, Shoots Two Others To Death In New Video - Premium Times / Governor Ikpeazu Visits Arthur Eze At His Residence. / Malami Approves Seizure Of Abba Kyari’s Properties, Accounts

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.