Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,965 members, 7,956,616 topics. Date: Monday, 23 September 2024 at 03:23 PM

New Nigeria Police Force Uniforms - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / New Nigeria Police Force Uniforms (31882 Views)

OPC, Ex-militants In Military Uniforms To Attack Opposition – APC / Nigeria Army To Get New Uniforms / Escape Of Kabiru Sokoto: Zakari Biu Dismissed From Nigeria Police Force (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: New Nigeria Police Force Uniforms by Mamajama(m): 2:17pm On Mar 31, 2007
people are so critical of change in the forum, last couple of months dramatic changes have been going on in

the force and people are still not happy, over 20,000 unfit policemen were dismissed, and now new uniform

and new image people are still not happy, well call your senators and congress man to provide adequate

budget to the police to secure ammunition and gadgets to protect the citizens, and we will see dramatic

change in the dispension of their duties. Government should take the matter of security serious, provide

competitive salary, housing accommodation and ammunition and lets see if the police is not capable. KUDOS
TO THE IGP and his men for embarking on this new image. one nation.

Coporal is paid #10.000 naira a month and yet we expect results, DUH
Re: New Nigeria Police Force Uniforms by Mamajama(m): 2:25pm On Mar 31, 2007
The Inspector-General of Police, Mr. Sunday Ehindero, on Friday said the sack of 10,000 policemen by his command would not derail the security arrangements put in place for the April elections.

Inspector General of Police, Sunday Ehindero

Ehindero gave the assurance in a chat with newsmen at the State House in Abuja after a meeting with President Olusegun Obasanjo. He explained that the dismissal of the affected police officers became necessary in view of their records.

According to him, most of those affected are officers with bad records, and others with adverse health conditions, as well as those whose service files contained false data.

Ehindero emphasised that the police had enough manpower to ensure security at all polling booths across the nation, explaining that sacking 10,000 policemen will not affect arrangements for the elections.
Re: New Nigeria Police Force Uniforms by donenick(m): 3:05pm On Mar 31, 2007
I think they have bigger plans ahead for changing their Uniform.
nonsense people i hate police force
Re: New Nigeria Police Force Uniforms by Mamajama(m): 3:17pm On Mar 31, 2007
if you hate police force go jump for river now, who cares.  KUDOS

image is every thing in this world a well dressed and clean policeman will be respected, not a dirty stinking Zombie.
Re: New Nigeria Police Force Uniforms by Tornadoz(m): 3:28pm On Mar 31, 2007
Haba Mamajama which world do you live in?
well dressed and clean policeman will be respected,
No matter how well dressed the policeman is, the moment they ask you for N30 they loss their respect. The money should be spent on educating the police.
Re: New Nigeria Police Force Uniforms by Mamajama(m): 3:36pm On Mar 31, 2007
MAYBE that is why the current administration is fighting hard to dismiss the bad eggs, and the issue still resides with the federal government, they provide clothing allowance for senators and yet pay police man #10,000 naira and expect this poor people to be professional?  when was the last time the ARMY been to war?  and why are they soldiers getting better salary than the police?
Re: New Nigeria Police Force Uniforms by choco4life(m): 4:08pm On Mar 31, 2007
New uniform or old one there is no difference?
All we need is change of attitude?
Re: New Nigeria Police Force Uniforms by Mamajama(m): 4:44pm On Mar 31, 2007
change of attitude, well pay them what they deserve and provide them with better housing and ammunition, education and training
Re: New Nigeria Police Force Uniforms by babasin(m): 4:54pm On Mar 31, 2007
absolute waste of money, time and energy!!

We should be looking at profound reform: state police and community police

state police to report not to governor but state assembly

community police to report to comunity leaders.
Re: New Nigeria Police Force Uniforms by Mamajama(m): 5:10pm On Mar 31, 2007
community leaders that are not educated and exposed to the modern world, a joke
Re: New Nigeria Police Force Uniforms by fromuk(m): 5:11pm On Mar 31, 2007
how can u give a police man white or sky blue uniform when two police family are sharing one flat in a plice barracks. where will he hang the uniform after work.All our elected officers have failed us and still failing till morrow. dia is no justificaion ever in the uniform although the old one is as bad as what you can think of but reform should not start frm uniform. Our officers are HUNGRY and if we don't address this issue they can never perform.
Re: New Nigeria Police Force Uniforms by Epiphany(m): 5:23pm On Mar 31, 2007
ok, so they have changed their uniform. does that mean their behaviour will change.

The police force is the most hopeless naija institution. They should have used that money to train and equip the police force first of all instead of changing the uniforms.

Abeg, wait first, WHO GOT THE CONTRACT TO DO THAT? maybe we should be asking that instead and thinking that probably, the govt wants to enrich someone.
Re: New Nigeria Police Force Uniforms by Mamajama(m): 5:34pm On Mar 31, 2007
some people just talk jargons here, have any of you guys been to a police station? have you ever been to

police college Ikeja or Bukuru police staff college? this places are not funded nor equipped, like I've been

saying stop blaming the messenger the police, start calling the national assemble, the federal government to

provide adequate funding to this people and they will perform. you cant give a police man a flash light with

no battery to go catch criminals with sophisticated equipments.
Re: New Nigeria Police Force Uniforms by Mamajama(m): 5:35pm On Mar 31, 2007
What are the Nigerian ARMY doing that is so outstanding that warrant them to have better pay and training than the police?
Re: New Nigeria Police Force Uniforms by debosky(m): 6:12pm On Mar 31, 2007
they arent models, those are the IG's boys
Re: New Nigeria Police Force Uniforms by rafcrown(m): 6:30pm On Mar 31, 2007
the new uniform must have VERY BIG POCKETS
CHANGE OF UNIFORM OR CHANGE OF ATTITUDE TO/AT WORK?
A COUNTRY CANT MOVE FAST AHEAD WITH BAD AND CORRUPT POLICE FORCE

CORRUPT PEOPLE MUST DIE LIKE SADDAM HUSSEIN
Re: New Nigeria Police Force Uniforms by danniecool(m): 7:28pm On Mar 31, 2007
There all corrupt, will Ehindero tell me that he is not aware that policemen collect N20.00 in the check point, or he is having his own share of it? will the changing of the uniform change that attitude,
Though the uniform is ok, unlike that their black and black with make them to look exactly like criminals
Re: New Nigeria Police Force Uniforms by ov: 10:33pm On Mar 31, 2007
well they sure look better than the former black and black.
MY ONLY PROBLEM IS THAT I HOPE THEY WONT INCREASE THEIR TAX RATE TO 200 FROM 20naira shocked
they are meant to wear it ONLY on wednesdays and fridays. so bus drivers BEWARE grin
Re: New Nigeria Police Force Uniforms by Coleslove: 10:42pm On Mar 31, 2007
Change is a gradual thing and i hope some pple believe in it. The uniform is good and OK, I guess they are trying to command respects for themselves with the new look. Which might inevitably work. Few things i would like to ask some of the critics here

What support have they given the police toward the achievement of their jobs?
What respects have you accrued to police doing their job?
Must we all focus on the wrongs (of some percentage of police) have committed?

Here we are trying to condemn what we have here and praising what is in another man's country. I feel ashamed to here us comparing ourselves with others. I mean why can't we appreciate the little and crave for more. Than out rightly see all wrongs in every encouraging forward step. Now, the question we all have not asked is the motives behind the change in uniform. Nigeria, is growing and i strongly believe it would become an envy of many nations. Most of the negative critics are oversea there and have never slept and thought of how the country or what influence he/she can make in his homeland. Do you think you don't have any role to play in the development of this country? What you say is, Afterall i am not the President, I am not a politician why should i care. This is crazy. When last have you reached out to a needy soul at your neighborhood here in Nigeria. When last did you send that old shoe to that neighbors daughter or son. We are only good in criticizing what is being done here.

The same London, where there are a lot of cops all around and on patrol. Damilola Tylor was being murdered by his class colleagues out of envy of being the best student in class. Most of us are not aware of this. This is talking about children of barely 14years old. Now do you call that good policing. At least they have no excuses like ours are used to having. So, whats the big deal?

Its only a bastard child that would describe his father's home with the left hand, Yoruba proverb

Lets make our country Nigeria better, Enough of criticizing.
Re: New Nigeria Police Force Uniforms by ov: 11:59pm On Mar 31, 2007
This coolslove, let me ask you some questions

What services have you rendered to criminals and robbers doing their crime
What support have they given the criminals toward the achievement of their jobs?
What respects have you accrued to criminals and bandits doing their jobs?

my dear there aint no difference between criminals, bandits and policemen in 9ja. its the serious truth. If their head can be corrupt (tafa) then why shouldnt the whole force be corrput? c ehindero, d guy don fat overnight. obviously its not his salary!

The problem is that policemen are paid peanuts for doing a life or death job! thats y VERY FEW (if any) policemen will want to stop robbers who are even better armed. after all the government or our system has valued their lifes at between 7,500 to 55,000k a month.dont forget this is a capitalist society. Until there is an increase in their salary, they will remain corupt. so its not changing the uniform that will make them better or more respected rather its an increase in salary that will bring dignity, efficiency and respect to the police force popularly refered to as black on black. MONEY JUSTHAS TO BE PUMPED INTO THE POLICE FORCE!
Re: New Nigeria Police Force Uniforms by Mamajama(m): 2:31am On Apr 01, 2007
coolslove thank you ojarer, all this people making noise will be the worst cops if given the chance to serve
Re: New Nigeria Police Force Uniforms by 9ja4eva: 3:24am On Apr 01, 2007
Good progress.Looks better on them.Police don tear eye oh.
Re: New Nigeria Police Force Uniforms by kuwena(m): 2:00pm On Apr 01, 2007
It is good, In my own opinion its an act of "Motivation"
Re: New Nigeria Police Force Uniforms by romeo(m): 2:28pm On Apr 01, 2007
i prefer this new uniform to the old ones because they can not hide in the darkness again when they see robbers and must be forced to fight them

good pay and equipments will make a better force, some people here are making noise about the corrupt police grin grin
what about us?? are we saints?? some of us collect that (bribery) on daily basis
Re: New Nigeria Police Force Uniforms by bukiboy(m): 4:45pm On Apr 01, 2007
i dont know,most times i prefer to just read all the topic and post in this forum.but for how long will i continue to keep quite about all this issues raised here.
i want us to remember the fact the police are humans like us and they have blood flowing in their veins too,they are not cats (nine lives shit).anytime we have problem we are eager to call the police and if they didnt show up we blame them for this and for that.police have wives,husbands,children,mothers and fathers,with the kind of arms they have i will even advice them not to face armed robber in gun shoot-out.
i was acousted by some police just last week for going around with my laptop thank God i had the receipt with me then,after the normal routine with them we got talking and one of them explain to me why she joined the police, its terible.
somebody talked about jobless youth, we often times blame others for our mistakes instead of standing up to our problems we just look sideways and put the blame on the government.
come to think about it most people wants to run away from here NIGERIA, my advice please go fast so that we can develop this great country.am a going off point? i dont care i just i have keep on puching on my keypads and empty this thought in my head.
one of my favourite quotes "think about what you will do for your country and not what your country will do for you"if the police is not up to the task of stopping or preventing crime, we should all take it up ourself and do something about it.
piece of my mind think about it.
stop complaining and do something about what you dont like,if you cant get a job create one, by the way when you are filling your jamb or pce form who promise you a job after your program.
this is my opinion.
Re: New Nigeria Police Force Uniforms by Mamajama(m): 5:08pm On Apr 01, 2007
Abeg tell them Police na human like you and I. we want them to defend us but we are giving them flash light with no battery? customs and immigration are collecting bride just as bad as the police. go to Kutonu boarder and see
Re: New Nigeria Police Force Uniforms by naijafresh: 5:41pm On Apr 01, 2007
@coleslove

Damilola Taylor was not killed by his classmates
He was killed by local school dropouts who tried to bully him on his way back from school

Dont spread rumours and give his classmates a bad name
YOU were not even there and have probably never been to Peckham before

Get your facts right! Next you will be telling us who killed Anna Nicole Smith (if you know who she is that is)

You owe his classmates an apology, Rumour Monger!

and stick to the script too, Nigeria police uniforms have nothing to do with Damilola Taylor

angry
Re: New Nigeria Police Force Uniforms by Bankole01(m): 6:10pm On Apr 01, 2007
MAMAJAMA:

Abeg tell them Police na human like you and I. we want them to defend us but we are giving them flash light with no battery? customs and immigration are collecting bride just as bad as the police. go to Kutonu boarder and see

From a man who have seen both sides of the coin, being a Nigerian law enforcement officer in America, we command respect because we are well trained, well paid, educated and dedicated. Last a not the least, weare given the tools to do an effective work. A police officer/deputy sheriff (depending on counties you work for) carries on his duty belt a hand gun loaded with a magazine and two or three spare magazines, taser, cuffs, capsicon (pepper) gas, a nonshuck (baton) radio, flashlight, etc. These gear are permanent on the duty belt which you wear on your pants belt and secure with belt keepers. most of these gear are also provided by the city/county you work and could weigh up to fifteens pounds (you get used to the extra weight)

Not only is the academy rigorous, we have in-service (remedial) training every year and quaterly shoot to keep you sharp.

I know for sure that there is a police reform in the works to change the perception, attitude and standard of the police. The change in unuform is just a start and the laying off of the bad eggs is to send lessons to corrupt officers that things are onging to change the police force. Also too many people who do not belong in the force have uniforms to do all sorts of evil acts to the hapless public.

The police have been so neglected, underfunded, underpaid and used as personal body guards and errand boys for evil for a long time that morale was low and the officers had to supplement their income. This is in no way supporting their corrupt vices, but from a human point of view, they have been pushed to lives of crime, they are the products of the environment they live in.

With a better pay package, good training, public support and welfare and the tools (equipment) to do their work, we all will see a good force with dedicated officers who wants to make a difference and serve their community.
We all need to be on board to provide an oversight for the force also.
This brothers and sisters is why those western nations' police (law enforcement agencies) do very well.

Police are hated in every country by crooks and lawless people mostly. But when somebody needs help, they turn to them. So you see police are needed for a sane society.
Re: New Nigeria Police Force Uniforms by Tornadoz(m): 6:45pm On Apr 01, 2007
Bankole said "they are the products of the environment they live in" true but we don't want the criminally minded individuals to enlist in such a corrupt institution like the police. This present purge was long overdue. Most police men did not join the police to fight crime. About 70% of them joined the force to enrich themselves. We have right to criticize the police, after all we pay their salary.Is a new uniform going to improve the service that they offer? They may not be as equipped as Western police officers, but their attitude sucks. I use to import textiles from Europe, but I know not to arrive at Murtala Mohammed Airport with contraband goods if "MAMA CALABAR" was on duty. She gets paid the same salary with the rest but she was more patriotic.
Finally, intelligence led policing requires less equipment, but more intelligence. They can infiltrate the gangs of armed robbers and stop them before they strike.
Re: New Nigeria Police Force Uniforms by 4Play(m): 6:49pm On Apr 01, 2007
Tornadoz:

. I use to import textiles from Europe, but I know not to arrive at Murtala Muhammad Airport with contraband goods if "MAMA CALABAR" was on duty. She gets paid the same salary with the rest but she was more patriotic.

Why should you come to Nigeria with "contraband" goods? grin
Re: New Nigeria Police Force Uniforms by 9ja4eva: 9:10am On Apr 02, 2007
Exactly.Thank God for d restrictions.
Re: New Nigeria Police Force Uniforms by topojons(m): 10:57am On Apr 02, 2007
new look, oooooo

I think then the police will be much more better, but we have a lot of illitrates in our police that doesn't even know the contitution,

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Thugs Invasion: Sagay Blames Saraki For Missing Mace / "Buhari Is The Commander Of Executive Corruption" - Farooq Kperogi / We Are Not The Worst Police Force In The World -nigerian Police Reacts To Report

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.