Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,429 members, 7,954,683 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 07:07 AM

What Do I Need To Know About Kia Cars - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / What Do I Need To Know About Kia Cars (1163 Views)

How Strong And Reliable Are Kia's Cars? / 20 Amazing Facts About Kia Cars You May Not Know / Kia Nigeria Records 200% Year-on-year Sales (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Do I Need To Know About Kia Cars by Johnnywale(m): 2:31am On Aug 13, 2018
Good day to the gurus in the house, I am public servant with a take home of about 60,000 and my pregnant wife works in the same environment with me so I'm thinking of getting a small car with low maintenance and fuel economy and my search revealed some unpopular cars are quite cheap e.g Kia products hence what do I need to know about them? are they reliable

I don't mind recommendation for other products and my budget is 300k-350k

Thanks
Re: What Do I Need To Know About Kia Cars by Nobody: 3:15am On Aug 13, 2018
Johnnywale:
Good day to the gurus in the house, I am public servant with a take home of about 60,000 and my pregnant wife works in the same environment with me so I'm thinking of getting a small car with low maintenance and fuel economy and my search revealed some unpopular cars are quite cheap e.g Kia products hence what do I need to know about them? are they reliable

Thanks

Not sure about that budget of your s but if ti were me I would be looking at a Honda, Toyota or Nissan.

Struggle to buy it, maintain it. They will keep their resale value better.
Re: What Do I Need To Know About Kia Cars by Johnnywale(m): 5:13am On Aug 13, 2018
Thanks a lot, I mostly see Honda products but I'm scared for the leg problem I heard they use to have
Re: What Do I Need To Know About Kia Cars by weyreypey: 7:47am On Aug 13, 2018
Johnnywale:
Thanks a lot, I mostly see Honda products but I'm scared for the leg problem I heard they use to have
Get the Toyota Corolla 1997 sedan ... the Toyota is your best bet. Given your income... please leave the Honda alone... Nissan's electricals are always complained about. But this Corolla has few electricals and designed for the simple maintenance bracket.

Re: What Do I Need To Know About Kia Cars by nurey(m): 8:02am On Aug 13, 2018
Johnnywale:

Thanks

with 350k I would buy a manual drive 2000-2005 nissan almera for 150k-200k abused with body still intact, then as a smart guy I would fix it as

tokunbo engine 60k including workmanship
shock absorbers, bushings etc 60k
painting just incase 30k
4sets of tokunbo tires 30k

The car would look good as fresh from factory, but alas you are not me.

your budget is slim you can get cars in that region but their condition I can't ascertain

KIA is a good product

2 Likes

Re: What Do I Need To Know About Kia Cars by weyreypey: 8:05am On Aug 13, 2018
nurey:

with 350k I would buy a manual drive 2000-2005 nissan almera for 150k-200k abused with body still intact, then as a smart guy I would fix it as

tokunbo engine 60k including workmanship
shock absorbers, bushings etc 60k
painting just incase 30k
4sets of tokunbo tires 30k

The car would look good as fresh from factory, but alas you are not me.

your budget is slim you can get cars in that region but their condition I can't ascertain

KIA is a good product
Kia is not a good product for his income band.
Re: What Do I Need To Know About Kia Cars by nurey(m): 8:10am On Aug 13, 2018
weyreypey:

Kia is not a good product for his income band.

Kia is a good product over all. As for his price range, I won't advice a Kia because of cost of their engine incase the engine fails.
Re: What Do I Need To Know About Kia Cars by HeavenlyBang(m): 8:41am On Aug 13, 2018
Kia/Hyundai are fine, especially after 2010.
That said, your budget is too low. I wouldn't recommend a car at all; save up more.
Re: What Do I Need To Know About Kia Cars by timifakay(m): 8:44am On Aug 13, 2018
Johnnywale:

Thanks

Kia/Hyundai products are good, but your budget is too low for a millennial product.

(1) (Reply)

This One-off Century GRMN Is Toyota President's Official Car / Latest Arrival. ....2pieces Of Lexus Es350 '08' Model / Lexus Es 300 Extremely Clean Just Like Toks 3 Month Used

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.